Yahoo!yahoo website is unsafe and dangerous!

Every time I visit Yahoo web page and click on the front page news articles, the website is trying to infect my computer. I saw red screens with demanding messages to call and resolve security issues, and other tricks. In other cases, some software will start downloading and installing while the internet page will be frozen and blocked. I never experienced anything like this on other websites and I know Yahoo was a very respected and safe website. I like yahoo news, but I feel like I need to move my mail to other server and never go to yahoo again.
On May 28, 2018 I found virus links on the front page if you click on: "The most hated target items that are a total waste of money", "All the ways Walmart has ripped people off over the years", and many others.

With this message I am trying to reach out to Yahoo and ask them to fix their website and stop spreading viruses and infecting people's computers with their adware and viruses. I like Yahoo a lot, but after it was sold to Verizon it became very dangerous.

RESOLVED

Please delete this message

mary brandeberry Jun 07, 2018

I have had the red screen pop up at various times when opening a news article in news feed. I solved the problems by not clicking on anything but shutting down the computer and waiting about 10 minutes. When I restart, the red screen is gone. The next act is to scan my computer to be certain that I do not have malware. When I go back to the yahoo news feed, the so called article is gone! I believed the best thing to do, is to stop using Yahoo news and get the news from a reliable source. I have not yet found a way to separate the fake malware news site from a legit one, since some have used an legit news address source.

Anita Bawnghit May 28, 2018

Its not Yahoo, it's your computer. Since you use yahoo, I am going to guess you have no clue about computers. You have the spyware, not yahoo.