Yahoo!ads playing sound in yahoo mail

N Nov 16, 2017 Review updated:

I am extremely angry that sound plays in side-bar ads when I access my email. This has been happening since 13 November 2017.
I understand you have a premium service that is ad free but I have no intention of ever paying for that. As I'm sure many more don't either.
So I'm faced now with a decision. I accept you play unwanted sound on ads when I go to your mail page or I change my email to gmail.
I DO NOT WANT YOUR UNWANTED, UNSOLICITED SOUND PLAYING ON MY COMPUTER. Change it or I'm going to gmail.

• P
      Nov 16, 2017

You are being provided a free service. What makes them able to provide the service for free is the advertisements. You have the option of paying to have the advertisements removed and choose not to. That is your choice. You also have the options of using ad-block, using a different email service, or turning off the volume on your computer when checking your email. Requesting that they remove the sound advertisements simply because you do not like them is unreasonable, especially for someone who does not pay for anything whatsoever.