Xpress Bill PayExcessive website "security"

T

This web site drives me nuts. Here is some background so my complaints. I like to go paperless with my bills, use Mint Bills by intuit (the same people that do QuickBooks) and then pay using the bill pay through my credit union (government owned, so they care about security). The city I live in uses xpressbillpay.com to manage their water bills online.

They refuse to allow Mint Bills to communicate with their site, so I have to go to their page manually to check my balance. This isn't a huge deal, it is just frustrating because none of my other utility companies nor my bank have any issue. When I expressed my frustration to XBP, they were very unapologetic and just suggested I let THEM handle all my bills instead. All this nonsense was months ago.

Just this week, I went to log in and they had redesigned their web page, which was fine until I couldn't log in. I had Google Chrome set to auto fill my info, so I deleted it and tried to enter it manually with no luck. I tried to go through the forgot password process and it said my email wasn't registered! I contacted XBP, and to sum up what they said, any auto filled info won't work and I had to clear their info from Chrome's settings and do it manually every time.

I have requested paper bills again and as soon as I start getting them, I will delete my account/unsubscribe from their site in all ways possible.