Having problems with SimpleBills?

SimpleBills Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SimpleBills Customer Service. Initial SimpleBills complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SimpleBills above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SimpleBills. Discuss the issues you have had with SimpleBills and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SimpleBills Complaints & Reviews

SimpleBillsSimpleBills Scam

I have already got so many issues trying to sign up for this. My management company is forcing it in our lease, and was tricked into this. We pay our bills directly to our utility company as this service is new to our lease this year. I got a message saying I was going to get a late fee? How we did not even sign up to use you and paid our bill once again directly. Is this even possible to get out of this scam? Does anyone have suggestions? I'm worried about putting information on there for my accounts, they said I could pay anyway I want but need a payment on file. Can I use something expired just to get past this? Trying to find lawsuits, BBB has really bad reviews on them and am trying to collect information before I am forced into this terrible situation. Any information would be helpful!

SimpleBillsBilling when not home

My roommate and I moved back home November before thanksgiving and now December 21st we are getting charged 100 dollars for electricity. The lights have been off this whole time. Nobody has lived there for a month, unless there are ghosts using the electricity. I mean how fed up of a company charged people for literally nothing. This service is a scam. My blood is boiling. Honestly, I give them props for coming up with this horrible scam because obviously there's no way that anyone can prove it. Unless, there's a class-action lawsuit as there should be. Good job simple bills, you've created a fraudulent corporation built on scamming naive college students.

Dec 03, 2020

SimpleBills — Not splitting bill with roommate

My daughter's roommate at The Standard in Knoxville, TN did not renew her contract with SimpleBills at...

Dec 01, 2020

SimpleBills — Customer service

Horrible! Issues upon issues with SimpleBills. Wish I could rate lower than 1 star. They promote their...

SimpleBillsElectricity

I have to pay my utilities through this company where I live which is an apartment complex. They have been charging me crazy amounts monthly for electricity. I have tried everything in my power to save electricity and some days I don't come home and stay at my friends house. My electricity bill still keeps increasing every month!!! this is so frustrating. I have called and spoke with customer service in hopes to find answers as to how do they get these number. All they said is that is what i use and advice me on how to save my electricity and that is all. How is my electricity so high if I'm not even home. Over $200 on electricity for a month is a ridiculous amount and i get no answers. I need answers and someone needs to look into this!!

SimpleBillsElectric bill for acct [protected]

My granddaughter was living in the Edge of Euclid in Cleveland Ohio.
        She left her apt. due to covid-19 in the beginning of March. The Co was notified of that. After we paid the elec bill in April I called and was told it was not there duty to notify the elec co. I spoke to 2 people and nobody could give me a phone # or any info. I had somehow found out your co name and called. Even with all info given nobody could find the acct.
        Today I rec my bank statement and it shows the acct #
        My question is, what kind of refund are you giving my granddaughter?
        Her name is Haley Dickerhof and the adr was: 1740 Euclid Ave Cleveland Ohio
        Thank you in advance for your help.
        Sincerely,
        Vera Dickerhof

SimpleBillsShared electric payments

I signed up for SimpleBills because my roommates wanted to try it out and it would save the hassle of one person being responsible for the whole thing. What should have been a convenient way for all of us to pay turned into a [censored]ing nightmare! One roommate left around March 1st and conveniently decided not to pay his electric bill. 2 of the 3 of my roommates told the company we would only agree to him closing his account if he paid. Instead, they closed his account anyway and just split his balance among the 3 of us with a slap-on-the wrist fee for him to reinstate his account. He will never sign up for another account so me and my roommates are out money he owed and he won't owe us a dime.

The other major complaint was they cancelled my method of payment right before my bill was due. I ended up paying $15 more than I would have paid just for my share because of stupid fees. This company seems like they want to nickle-and-dime their customers for every cent they can. [censored] these guys! I'm cancelling service with them asap!!!

SimpleBills CorporationFraud

I was in a domestic violence situation.

I was moved through a emergency transfer.
            I was not able to be home during this ENTIRE billing cycle.
            My office is aware, my property manager is aware, I have proof, our local police dept knows, I called you guys last month to tell you.

How the [censored] do you charge me $89 no one was there.
            I am reporting you to the Attorney General and Office of Inspector General. All local and national media. Done with your fraud 3rd party billing scam. I want my direct submetered bills pdfs, proofs, from the city utility NOW.

SimpleBills CorporationSimplebills bad services

Horrible service and their customer support sucks. Overcharging! Stay away!

I had month to month rent and we were forced to use this service to pay bills, as this was only option from landlord.

They set up their cycles in some strange way, so final month I got 2 bills: for partial month and for last 3 days seperate each came late and each had simple bills charge for "storing card on file" (which was by the way lost for few weeks).

My last bill for last 3 days came very late and net electrical charges were only 3.5 usd, but simple bills still kept on charging me 7.5 usd for saving my card.

Basically, stupid game to charge tenants twice. Bad service, when I tried to report this and complained - got response we dont care you have to pay full bill.

Avoid! Please investigate them for bad practices!!! They must be out of business!

Simple BillsPayment and website

This is the absolute worst company ever. This place sucks. They screwed up my bill and charged me 35 more dollars than I was supposed to be charged. I tried to send an email and it said there was an error. This company is a literal complete disgrace. I have had so many issues with them. They billed me for 4 girls utilities and now they are trying to get me to pay utilities again? No?? Give me back the 38 I paid you because you wrongfully charged me first. So ridiculous! Would never use this company again if I was not forced to.

Jul 18, 2019

SimpleBills Corporation — Power bill

Our last bill we were issued was the highest our bill has ever been! We moved out May 3, 19 and on our July...

Jan 15, 2019

SimpleBills Corporation — Student apartment complex

This company is a fraud. They actually are trying to make us place a credit card on file to pay for overage...

SimpleBills CorporationProvided wrong account information.

Over the past couple of months, Simple Bills still has an old roommate that has not lived at this location in the last 4 months, and as the wrong billing information on file that I have requested to have updated. In addition, I have requested to have the billing updated to a correct email address. I have made multiple calls and request for this information to be updated. I was charged for a late fee, and they refused to removed it, due to them having the wrong information on file. If you have any community dealing with simple bills, please LEAVE!

SimpleBills CorporationUtility billing service

So, I ended my lease months ago and the company keeps billing me. They have ignored my girlfriends and I request to removing me from the bills. I just messaged them again to begin what will be the third round of trying to get me off. I wouldn't mind if they didn't charge a person an 8 dallor [censored]ing fee to pay just pay your bill! I live in Suzhou China currently and it's been a nightmare working with these people. If you see a place for rent and it uses Simple bills, stay away. or included that 96$ extra not including headache fees. I lived in the Quarters, near Michigan State University, on their property in Saginaw street.

SimpleBills CorporationThe services

Never have I had to pay for a more useless service in my life. My apartment required us to sign up for simplebills and it was terrible. All they did was split the bill for you and your roommates. I think some people think it will make each person pay their bill but they say in the agreement that if they don't you still have to pay their part. My bill would be about 20% simplebills service fees every single month. They had very little clarity in your bill, they say that they estimate your bill every month and just keep the extra. I would very much like to see how much they embellished their estimates. Overall a terrible service.

SimpleBills Corporation — Simple bills

Never have I signed up for something and regretted it more. Save yourself the time and money and just use...

Simple Bills Corporation — Dividing utility bill per lease

The students at Virginia Tech have no choice but to seek off campus housing and the majority of the...

SimpleBills Corporation — Unethical behavior

My son is trying to get out of the Simple Bills service as he moved out of the shared apartment. Simple Bill...

Simple Bills Corporation — Final billing - simplebills

SimpleBills sent a "final" invoice for utility services provided for an apartment and charged us for...

Simple Bills CorporationBilling and service

see all the google reviews and you will see they have a horrible reputation! call their phone number and see if they answer the phone, call and see if you can leave a voicemail-no and no. they have a vulnerable audience and they take advantage of college kids who don't have time to fight them on incorrect bills, high transaction fees, no return calls and no customer service as well as a nightmare in trying to set up the account and get it right. it is 2016 and not rocket science to make it "simple" but they make it a huge issue due to errors and incompetence. go to their website and you see a lot of males in charge yet no emails connected to them or their titles to address any issue with any human.