Xcel Energybilling/service

K

I had been calling in since January, of this year, due to high bills trying to figure out why my bill was over $200. Typically, I paid close to $100 maybe a little over. The reps and supervisor told me to do a breaker test, which I did, and never found anything wrong. My husband and I are very conscious about leaving appliances or lights off if not needed. I called to find out if I was doing the test wrong and was told I was doing it right however it took until mid June for one representative to tell me the right way to do the breaker test and narrow down what may be the issue. All previous reps and the supervisor were giving incorrect instructions on how to complete the breaker test. I understand it is a customer's responsibility to learn how to manage their energy, however, when I am calling in since January to learn the right way to do things and being told incorrect instructions from reps and a supervisor something isn't right. I have paid hundreds of extra dollars in these past months in part because all, except the last employee, have not been able to provide correct information and honestly I do believe I should be reimbursed at least a portion of the extremely high bills.