Wyzant.comWould not recommend to anyone

H

Abysmal customer service. They treat tutors very poorly and charge a starting fee that is 40% of the total fees paid on the website by students. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Ny
    NYC Reviews Jun 19, 2012

After not receiving 2 checks that were supposedly sent to me at my NYC business address (never had problems getting other mail), they shut down my tutoring account on the same day that I was supposed to see a student who really needed my help. The student's info was contained in the account so I could not contact them. I NEVER received payments and they SCREWED the student. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

• 20
    2010shawn Sep 04, 2012

Hi Hillode, I read your review about Wyzant. I had the same problem with them and a local tutoring company as well. That's why I created my own tutoring website, TextbookTactics.com. We do not charge a commission to host tutor profiles, we charge a low monthly rate of $19.99 and you can receive up to three months free when you sign up. We provide a lot of free, helpful videos to students which provides our tutors with a large client base that can find their profile.
    Best,