Having problems with WorldStrides?

+1 800 468 5899 (Middle School Programs)
+1 800 651 0468 (Performing Programs)
+1 800 828 8349 (Individual Travelers Programs)
+1 855 619 5294 (CBL International)
+1 916 939 6805 (Foreign Exchange Youth Travel Programs)
+1 800 771 5353 (International Travel)
+1 434 326 9992 (Domestic Travel)
+1 800 422 2368 (University Programs)
+1 410 489 2287 (International - Excel Sports)
+1 888 877 4445 (Domestic - GET Sports)
+44 800 093 0810 (United Kingdom)
+44 193 547 0630 (United Kingdom, Yeovil)
218 W Water Street № 400

London Sales & Marketing Office
Craven House, 40-44 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London, W5 2BS

Complaints & Reviews

unethical standards

Our son went on a trip to Washington dc and Virginia. First bad experience for him and the tour the guide was rude, second didn't follow itinerary
and kept telling kids later or place was to busy and couldn't go. And at one exibit she was down right rude. After our son got home I called to see what was left on our payment plan. Was told roughly $192.00. When I asked about the $75.00 they got rude and said there is a $75.00 surcharge due to not enough students from our school. Was not informed of this before the trip and told I have no choice but to pay it. Also lady in trip planning said it was informed in Dec. 2017 after we started making payments on the trip. Not once when I called to make payment did anyone ever mention this. I have gone online and see I am not alone on this type of money hungry bleeps.

Misrepresentation of itinerary

My church St Christopher's Episcopal Church of Lubbock Tx was sent a grandiose itinerary Dec. 2014 for a trip...

Trip to Washington DC for 6/4/16 to6/7/26

I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL TRIP# 119884. Was rudely told to send an email to customerservice...

travel

This company is out for every penny and gives horrible service! My daughter signed up for a trip and I paid the three hundred($300.00) deposit. 10 days later some things had changed and I called to cancel her trip and was told to send in a letter and it would be taken care of since it was so quickly, (the trip was not to take place for over 9 months in the future!!!) after signing up. I have called and emailed many times and have just now over 6 weeks later received a letter that I will now be receiving no refund! This company is a scam. They want money immediately, and will give no refunds even with such a quick cancellation. They are in it for the money only. Just search for their reviews-they are horror stories. I should have known better and read them first. Be aware.

International discovery programs tours

This company is probably making over 50% of its income from fees and taking people's money when they need to...

Unethical Advertising

I have never been on a trip sponsored by Worldstrides and won't, based on their advertising practices. I...

refund

After having paid in full for a trip, we had a family situation come up. I wrote and asked for a refund. I...

MIsleading/flat out lying

I used to work for WorldStrides and I can say without a doubt that they are not in it to give the students a...

poor customer service / inept

I appreciate that the logistics of coordinating a trip for several dozen students is no small task, but when you're selling educational travel programs for our children I would think you would want to have enough customer service and admin. staff well versed in the program and able to handle issues for customers. We opted to make our payments by credit card; we are not comfortable giving out bank account information. For one of our payments we were charged twice. Our credit card company confirmed this, but Worldstrides had no record of it. They agreed to investigate it and promised they would have an answer within a week. Two weeks later nothing had been resolved. When I contacted customer service I was told that there is only one person who handles disputes and that she has been absent a lot. Furthermore, it was unclear whether she was away from her desk or just not in that day. TMI. I have little confidence that that money will ever be applied to our account. If it weren't for the fact that I trust the care of my child to the teachers and volunteers attending the trip, I would be reluctant to send them on any trip that Worldstrides coordinated.

Travel

The group left 7:45pm from Atlanta to D.C by bus. The kids were not allowed to sleep through the night while they were on the bus. They were wakening up every 3 hours to be forced to get off the bus to either for restroom or snack shop. Why can't the kids allowed to be on the bus? There were 4 adults chaperone available to be split with the kids who wished to get down the bus and who didn't. Those kids didn't get to sleep the first night and they didn't get to check in the hotel until the next night after 9pm. We would appreciate to know ahead of the time that 4 kids in a room with 2 sleep on the same bed with same blanket. Again, they didn't get to sleep on the way back too. When they come home, their faces show extremely tired. Basically, they didn't sleep for 2 nights with all the rest of the nights sharing beds and room with 3 other kids. I asked my child if she will sign up again. Her answer is firm with a big "NO."

BAD SERVICE/GAUGING

WorldStrides runs school trips to Washington DC (among other trips). They were a NIGHTMARE to work with. I am a parent. At every turn, they tried to add un-explained fees. Every time I called, I was told I owed a different amount. And every time I took my eye off the ball, they had added some kind of a transaction fee. They say they'll email you something within 48 hours. You never get it. And there's no notation on their end that anyone even spoke to you. I got an email today asking if I'd like to write a review. After an hour trying to work through the site, I finally ended up needed them to email me a "new" password because somehow that was changed on me... and of course, no email ever came. They are a NIGHTMARE. I wish schools wouldn't keep going with them.

Poor Communication, Unsafe Situations

13 year old daughter went with school group on educational tour of Washington DC area...
Poor communication between tour guides and students - they often did not know what they were doing next and sometimes did not know what they were supposed to do once they got there. Majority of time spent on busses. Zero communication with parents which WorldStrides claims to be entirely teachers responsibility. Even during multiple flight delays and changes, including an unexpected 24 hour layover during which students/teachers did not have access to their luggage (phone chargers) so they were unable to contact parents! No communication from anyone related to these changes or what was happening. No overnight hall chaperone in hotel (despite claims they always have this) during unexpected layover creating a potentially unsafe situation! Parents frantically and repeatedly having to call airlines in attempt to find out info. All could have been avoided with direct flights and/or reasonable communication! No transportation between airport and school with multiple flight changes means parents don't know when to start driving to airport.
Would never consider this company again!!

• Sc
    Scienceteacher Apr 27, 2016

As a teacher who has traveled with Worldstrides, I would say that it IS the responsibility of the teacher on the trip to communicate if there are flight delays. I would never expect the company to be updating parents about things like that.

Refund/Customer Dis-service

The customer service at World Strides is legendary in it's horrific execution. From the outset, thi...

service

The financial end of this deal sucks...as the only parent paying for the trip i had to extend the payment plan.no problem there but after paying over 2 thirds of the cost of the trip i got a message saying if i didnt make my next payment immediatly, i was a day late, Worldstrides was going to cancel my daughters trip. I don't think these people understand that not all of us parents can pay what i think is a huge amount of cash in one lump sum.I could almost see it if i only had a few hundred into it but i have a thousand into it and honestly i think it is way more than the 3 day trip is worth.

• Wa
    [email protected] May 04, 2011

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you’re experiencing. WorldStrides makes resources like the Extended Payment Plan available to families to assist in funding their travel programs. Please try and reach out to one of our Customer Service representatives for assistance once you discover that your payment will be overdue. The team members are prepared to work with you to facilitate your payment, but more importantly, to help ensure that your daughter is able to travel and benefits from the experience. --- [email protected]

Wonderful Travel Company

I was thrilled when I came across this opportunity to voice my appreciation for the WorldStrides student...

Exceptional Service

Kudos to WorldStrides for comprehensive service to our parents, students and myself as we prepare again for an amazing student educational trip to Williamsburg, Washington, D.C., and New York City. In this era of cutbacks it's reassuring to see that quality and customer service come first. As a teacher, entrusted by parents with their sons and daughters I couldn't have it any other way. With the challenges of our economy making it tougher for families to provide their youngsters with these incredible experiences, the support and service this company provides has been truly amazing. Their concern for our safety and satisfaction has been most impressive. You have earned my loyalty!

• In
    Informed traveler Apr 14, 2010

Do you receive commissions, stipends or perks from them? Be careful if you choose to answer... like they say, "once it's on the internet, it's forever".

Extremely poor customer service

My children have a planned school trip with this organization. We will be going from San Diego to Sacramento on a Saturday. For one day, the cost is $399 per child. Since there are 3 of us going and I have family in Sacramento, I asked to know the airline so that I could change my trip home to a later date. They stated that no changes were possible and if I should change it the date they would not refund me any portion of the fare home. I asked what airline would be used. They didn't know since the trip hadn't been booked yet. So, I asked what airline would probably be used. They didn't know this either. Then I asked well, what airlines have you used in the past, so that I could call and find out the likelihood of cost to change the ticket. They refused to even give me this information, stated that they did not know what airlines had been used in the past. (Our school goes every year.) They refused to let me speak to someone in the travel department who could provide me this information. "The travel department doesn't speak to the customers."

Very difficult to work with, very expensive for a field trip service. I am going to recommend schools do not use this service. In fact, I am going to see about replacing them for next year.

jane dickson Mar 31, 2010

You think that's a complaint? Worldstrides charged me an additional 200 insurance above the price the teacher had quoted me. They suckered the students into going to on the trip and they profit from unsuspecting parents! they're a scam, dont use them.

Ripped Off Parent, Jane Dickson - Portland Oregon...

marvinroseisarose Apr 04, 2010

I agree. A trip to Washington DC cost $200o for 6 days ( One day was wasted on travel) They have a ridiculous letter sent out begging relatives for money. I remember complaining about the price after they quickly got me to guarantee my child's place for a $100 deposit, following a slick presentation that is hard to resist( especially living in an age where parents feel guilty for not being able to be more a part of their children's lives.) Their answer has a wonderful PR spin: using Worldstrides reduces the liability so that chaperones have less stress etc. It makes life easy with their turnkey gimmick, but at about 2x the cost of planning the trip themselves.

They spent 45 minutes at the Smithsonian Institute and one half hour at another museum. I was amused at how many war memorials were visited and of course the mandatory trip to the Holocaust museum- nothing like a little sensationalism even though the holocaust has little to do with American history. So the kids will at least be able to say " Oh well, I have been here and there", While they inevitability enjoy the experience, they will never really learn about where they went.

Worldstrides counts on the kids coming back smiling with glee and rattling off all the places they can brag about visiting, but with a little deeper inquiry parents will learn it was all for show. Worldstrides is a made for profit enterprise but they hit on a very easy market. One PT Barnum would envy. "Sucker born every minute"

Marvin Rosenberg, Santa Rosa, California

• Ha
    Happy Mom1 Jun 02, 2010

Just returned from my second trip to Washington D.C. in 2 years with my second daughter. Absolutely INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! Yes, it's a long way from California to D.C., which means a long flight - but my kids both had the trip of a lifetime. AMAZING COMPANY!!! Wish I had more chldren so I could go again!

Jayhawk Feb 23, 2011

Good to read this. My daughter came home with information about a trip to DC and I was shocked that it was $1500 for 3 nights! And, the sample itinerary shows them going to 5 museums on the day they arrive in DC! You could spend one full day at the Air and Space Museum alone. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Bad service

WorldStrides is quite possibly the WORST company you could travel with. The trips are waaaay to expensive ---...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices