www.horizongoldcard.comscam and rip off!

C

I recently received a postcard saying I was Approved for a $500 dollar unsecured credit card. After going to the website and reading the privacy policy I knew it was a scam. Thank you for everyone that has wrote about this company because you saved me from falling for this scam. If you want to complain about this scam go to usps.com and put in a complaint so we can get these ###s from taking our money that we don't have and them living off it.

• Vi
    VICKTOR KAMMERER May 21, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL MY HORIZON GOLD CREDIT CARD.

• De
    dennis a hammond Jun 09, 2008

I would like to cancel my horizon gold credit card. would also like to be refunded the $ 89.95 that was taken from my account.

• Tr
    Tracy Jul 07, 2008

this card is no good, this is a rip off

• Ca
    casey clark Jul 11, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL AND CLOSE MY HORIZON GOLD CARD!!

Joann Cortellessa-pFEILER Jul 17, 2008

I WANT TOCANCEL SO CALLED "GOLD CARD' I CANT FIND AN E-MAIL ADDRESS OR A NUMBER.I WORK TO HARD TO BE RIPPED OFF.I AM A RECENT WIDOW WHO HAS BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TO GET A REFUND.I AM GOING TO CHANGE MY BANK ACCOUNT SO THEY CANT STEAL FROM ME.LETS ALL BOYCOTT THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD.

Joann Cortellessa-pFEILER Jul 19, 2008

I received an e-mail from horizon gold card.I tried to call them .no answer.please do not steal from me and retiyn the money u owe me.You are a phony company.you are ripping off hard working people.How do you sleep at night?we deserve a public apology, whoever you are.Do the right thing.You are no longer authorized to take from my account.The time is now.I will be notifying the local legal people who know about scam artists.

Joe Camel Jul 27, 2008

You people are so stupid that you don't even know that this website does not belong to the Horizon Card Services. It is a general complaint board you ###ed hillbillies.

• St
    Steve Jul 31, 2008

thank for the post..i just recieved a horizon post card in the mail..saved me a lot of trouble

thanks again
    Steve

• Li
    linette Jul 31, 2008

why would anyone give a credit card number to get a credit card?? duh!! where do they even get our info from to even send us this stuff. i just got married nad they know my new name already. i haven't even applied for anything with my new name yet. i'd rather do it the old fashion way by mail

• Do
    douglas jones Aug 07, 2008

I KNEW WHEN I RECIEVED THE POST CARD THAT IT WAS A SCAM .

• Be
    Betty Medley Aug 18, 2008

Thanks, I was just about to apply. Figured I check out the complaints first, You guys saved me a lot of trouble

• He
    heather hunter Sep 03, 2008

I just receieved a post card in the mail saying hat I was approved for $500 unsecured., thanks to you guys that I did not get BUCKED! I knew that it was a rip off from the start, yeah someone need to handle this or alot of others are goingto get ripped off.

• Bi
    bishop Sep 11, 2008

got one of these post-cards in the mail. they seem to send them to people who seek bad credit approvals online. look out though i will agree with this piece of info, any company asking for your account numbers online with no security that they wont sell that same information, is a risky proposition. also, please take a moment to read any policies people, these people clearly tell you they will charge your account periodicly to so called "verify that your account is still active". any legit. company can and will verify your account through conventional means, a phone call or secured electronic mail, not through charging your account. common sense my fellow bad credit brothers, the only reason to charge your account is to take a lil money. good luck.

• Gl
    glenda leche Sep 24, 2008

It's true Horizongoldcard is a rip off. Today I spoke with C.Service Rep Dan he tried to keep me from canceling this card so I ask to speak with a Supervisor an Michelle got on the Phone her I.D# is 277. I had my Attorney on the line also while I was speaking to both of them. You will not believe the conversation HGC was trying to pull. The good news everyone who wants to cancel this card is having your Attorney or someone to listen to your conversation with HGC they are scandalous. My card was cancel today ending in cancellation#62623 Phone number for HGC is 1-800-251-6411 Customer Service. Everyone stay away
    do not get involved with HGC get your refund back NOW!!! Call your bank and report fraud claim against
    HGC.

• Gl
    glenda leche Sep 24, 2008

Here is an update on info for cancellation of HGC CARDS Kimberly Alamo General Manager of Customer advocacy Dept.
    Toll free: 1-800-837-4997
    Fax: 1-724-599-1580
    Get your refund back

• Je
    jennie doby Sep 24, 2008

I can tell this was a scam. As soon as I read the complaints. NO thanks It dosen't have a logo on it either.

• Mi
    Michelle Sep 25, 2008

YEA I ALSO RECIVE A POST CARD IN THE MAIL TODAY, WE KNEW IT WAS A FAKE JUS T BY THE NAME. NEVER HEARD OF THAT KIND OF CREIT CARD. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

• Ju
    judith Sep 27, 2008

I tried to find the web site for the horizon gold card but it kept saying no file found now if you were a true company google should be able to find you with no trouble I dont like to be lied to and taken advantage of I am a single mother of three and need all the money I have..

I also want to thank everyone who made this page about complaint because I was really going to go through with it

THANK-YOU

• Da
    Darlene Oct 14, 2008

I RECIEVED A CARD FROM HORIZON AND IT SAID I AM APPROVED FOR $500 BUCKS. I LIKE THE OTHERS THAT RECIEVED THIS SAW THAT WASNT TRUE. THERE WAS NOTHING ON THE WEB PAGE OF HORIZON SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT IF YOU GOT A CARD TO GO TO THE WEBSITE AND PUT YOUR APPROVED NUMBER. THEY SHOULD NOT SAY THING THAT ARE NOT TRUE.pEOPLE ARE NOT RICH. EVERYONE NEEDS THEIR MONEY EVERY BIT. THANKS

• Tr
    treese Oct 15, 2008

get these mutha f... off line rippin people off, i received it too.

Annette Person Oct 24, 2008

I got a Horizon Gold Credit Card on 10/23/08 stating that I was approved $500 with an approval number.When I went on line like the card said but nothing available. So I believe it was a scam. Thanks for the scam info. Annette Person

christina bouchard Oct 25, 2008

i just applyed and then red the complaints ! I want out ! I don't want to get riped off i work to hard and have a family to take care of!!!

• Jr
    j .r.b Oct 27, 2008

i too recieved a postcard in mail today saying i was approved for a $500 horizon gold card.i was almost to be ripped off by these thieves, when i noticed the complaint section.iam so glad i read it!!! thanks every one, you saved me a lots of grief.

JohnJ Oct 28, 2008

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS, ANYTHING TOO GOOD TO BELIEVE, IS GENERALLY AN ANGEL WHISPERING TO YOU "DONT BE DECEIVED."
    THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE GIVEN INTO THE SCAM SHOULD CHECK YOUR INDIVIDUAL STATES FOR THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S CONSUMER FRAUD DIVISION. THEY CANT BE A LAWYER TO YOU, BUT THEY CAN ASSIST YOU TO NEGOTIATE WITH A SCAM ARTIST LIKE THIS AND PROBABLY WILL FIND AN ORGANIZATION LIKE THIS A GOOD TIP. THANK-YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO PUBLIC AWARENESS

Marie Keitofski Nov 04, 2008

I received this same postcard in the mail and after reading the complaints, I decided not to go through with the card. Thanks to everyone who complained saved me a lot of money which I do not have.
    Its great to have so many of you looking out for others about these kinds of scams.

• Vi
    Vincent Hall Nov 08, 2008

I received this horizon devilish card thanks to your comments i did not go through with this scam. I told my wife a long time ago I will never put my debit card information or any financial information on a computer it is too many people preying on your account information and want to take the little money away that you have

• Po
    P.Orsette Nov 14, 2008

Thanks for the heads up! Like thousands of other people I to received one of these truly phony cards, what I do not understand how in the world do these people get away with this? Do Not fall for this, it is yet just another SCAM! BEWARE!!!

• Al
    Alfred Morin Nov 17, 2008

I recently tried to get onto the Horizon site and kept getting kicked back to "home", because they could not activate my new card w/ the use of a valid credit card. My CVV kept coming back as invalid.
    And I never heard of a card company not providing a phone number for accessability...

• Re
    reba Nov 18, 2008

They lead you to believe that you are getting a credit card with a 500 dollar unsecured credit line, it's a lie, when you go to the website you learn it's not a credit card to use where ever, it's a purchase credit card only.

• Yv
    Yvonne Nov 18, 2008

I also received one of these postcards. I ALWAYS check out a company with the BBB. I found them on there, and there were several complaints. If it sounds too good to be true...beware

• Ga
    Gail Nov 20, 2008

I want to thank whoever was incharge of posting this website bcause i know that iam not rich and i really cant afford to swindled out of my money. just like onr lady said i work too hard for my money. Thank you again for this website because i was really thinking about geeting the card.

• Mi
    Michelle Renea Holmes Nov 20, 2008

Oh! my god I can not tell you that I'm so glad I seen this web site I have been getting a post card in the mail for about 3months now I was going to apply now that I have seen your site I am so greatful I did not apply for this CRAP'. THANK YOU SO MUCH I DID NOT MAKE A BIG BOO BOO.

• Ca
    Carol Vann Nov 27, 2008

Just rec'vd a card for a Horizon for a gold card with a preappoved line of credit for $500.00 With a preapproval #, the I went on line and the card is no longer available. This company is really crazy. False Advertizing-------This sould be against the law. Wonde if it is?

• Ga
    Gail Pettway Nov 30, 2008

They all so sent me a hgc also. But i found it strange they were asking for credit card info. Then they also asked for your bank acct. info. But they need to know that we work hard for our money. An time is to hard to be ripped off. Somebody who have been ripped off need to get a good lawyer. An need to filed a law suit. So i hoped you all pay close attention to these users.

• Da
    dan warren Jan 28, 2009

I was about to apply for the horizon card.you people out there change my mind, by informing me about the scams & rip off

• Cy
    Cynthia Lyon Feb 11, 2009

I just got a postcard in the mail too. I went online and they wanted my checking account info or a credit card number I thought this was strange so I checked the terms and decided no way. I then came to this site and read all the complaints I am glad I decided not to get this card. Thank you all

• Ta
    Tamera Feb 27, 2009

C'mon people, since when has it ever been safe to give all ur info to some random credit card company? Ya'll done it to yourself. Specially you people with kids you should have been a little more careful and not so money hungry that it ended up costing u. People are too quick to run to the money sign and too slow to read the fine print. Lets get with it people. Obviously you all are mad because ya'll got out smarted by people who knew that there are people out there in the world that fall for anything. Next time be more causious.

• Rp
    r price Mar 06, 2009

i like everyone else was sent a card and noticed there was no visa logo, it's a scam.

• Hl
    hltmps Sep 17, 2009

Has anyone ever got their refund?