Complaints & Reviews

Horizon Gold Cardit's crap!

Claims to issue V/MC unsecured credit cards They do not. Card is neither V or MC. Card can only be used on their website. The Horizon Outlet, which sells items you can get at goodwill. I am not slamming Goodwill, actually they sell some pretty cool stuff, Horizon outlet sell junk, items you can get a dime a dozen anywhere, any place. They say I can cancel this card by contacting them using "Contact Us" which, I have yet to successfully do. I want this card canceled now, and they need to either be shut down, or forced to be 100% honest and straightforward about everything.

• Mi
      mindy holt Aug 27, 2008

I have found this out the hard way as well, unfortunenately, they have already taken their fee off of one of my legitimate credit cards, all I want to do is cancel the entire card so no more money goes off my card, but I can't find a way to do this, do you or does anyone know where to go to cancel everything about this card? I agree, I was totally misled, even by the "live agent" so I was upset and just want out. Thanks to whoever can or will help me

Horizon Gold Card — simply fraud!

This is mail and internet fraud. Received in mail a preapproved application for a Horizon Gold Card! When...

Horizon Gold Card Servicescredit card appl. payment not refunded

I recv'd a card informing me that I have a non-secured visa with a $500.00 limit. I mailed in a money order for $79.95 in September 2007. I have not recv'd any confirmation of receipt, nor have I been provided with a contact tel# for the credit card company. I have emailed the website numerous times re: this matter with no response.

• Ju
        Juanitta Mitchell Feb 07, 2009

This card is a piece of ###. This is not a real credit card. They should have been up front from the beginning. I went to the site and it's trully a bunch of ### that I would not put on my dog let alone myself or my children.

• El
        eleazar rowe Feb 01, 2011

total fraud, i was suppose to get a credit card what got was ### card for sort cheap warehouse, with cheap merchandise! and i want my money back

• Pa
        patricia wolff Apr 29, 2011

THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD . I THOUGHT IT WAS A VISA OR MASTERCARD . BUT U HAVE TO USE IT FROM THEIR WEBSITE THE STUFF IS POOR I WANT MY MONEY BACK THE TOOK NO TIME TO TAKE THE MONEY OFF MY CARD. THEY ARE MISLEADING, U THINK ITS A REG CREDIT CARD ITS A SCAM NOT REAL I WONT BE USEING THIS CARD .

Christine Bacon Jun 08, 2012

Was lead to believe that I would be able to get top quality goods. I'm not going to use and I'm notifying my bank to stop any future payments.

Horizongoldcardservicesmisinformed!

On the 7th of this month (December) I began to do my online shopping with my card... prior to receiving my card I was never told that I would have to pay and additional $40.00 for their gas as well as another $7.00 for ups delivery and signature.
      Please note that I understand that gas price's have gone up and yes they should get something but $40.00 plus $7.00 is a bit much for someone like myself on a fixed income. I wanted very much to build up my credit not go farther in debt trying to.
      The total amount of item's I was hoping to buy came to a total of $97.98 with these other charges it came to if I can remember correctly $143.

This is scam!

Marianne Ray Feb 12, 2008

I was excited to get my Horizon Gold Card in the mail on Saturday February 9, 2008. Then when I opened the envelope, much to my dismay, there was not a Visa or Mastercard credit card, just some cheap paper card. I have good credit and I thought I was applying for a REAL credit card. So on Monday February 11, 2008, I called the 800 number. (I would have called sooner, but their hours are Mon-Fri 9-5, or something like that). You know, with my other cards, I can call the 800 number 24/7. Anyway, when I called, I spoke to a Customer Service Rep., I just said that I wanted to cancel the card, period. He went on to say "BLAH BLAH BLAH" I said "NO I WANT TO CANCEL." He said " YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO THE OUTLET STORE". I said "YOU HAVE NOTHING I WANT TO BUY. I WANT TO CANCEL THE CARD. I DO NOT WANT YOU TO TAKE ANYTHING MORE OUT OF MY ACCOUNT." I did not realize there was a monthly fee of more money. I'm thinking that if I had been able to get onto their site I would have been charged an extra fee. Thank god I couldn't. Back to my story. Since I was determined to cancel, he could not help me, he would have me talk to a supervisor. I talked to a supervisor and then a manager. Luckily, I was able to cancel my card. I even got a cancellation number and an email stating my request to cancel and my refund will take at least 72 hours to process. The FUNNY part, although the $79.95 they took out of my account immediately, I get a refund of $59.95, because there is a $20.00 cancellation fee. This card is a total SCAM. SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Vi
          virginia capps Sep 28, 2008

I ALSO GOT THIS INVITE IN THE MAIL SAYING THAT I WAS APPROVED AND I NEVER APPLIED I WENT ONLINE TO SEE WHAT THE CARD WAS I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THEM HOWEVER I COULD NOT GET INTO THE SITE TO GET ANY INFO BUT I DID COME ACROSS THIS PAGE I'M SORRY THAT EVERYONE HAD A PROBLEM AND I THANK YOU FOR POSTING BEFORE I SCAMMED TO

Horizon Gold Card — scam online credit card company

My money was taken just like all the others, being led to believe that thier card was a regular creit card to...

Horizon Gold Credit Cardgetting your money back

I received my card on Oct. 20, 2007, called their customer service [protected] on the following Monday. Representative gave me a hard time about getting refund back ($79.95). They give you the run around about how good they can help you with your credit and all the services they provide which is crap. After getting frustrated, what part of I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICES, I JUST WANT MY REFUND. After hanging up on them, they called me right back and left a message that they cancel my card. Three days later they refunded me back $59.95 into my account. Still lost $20.00 and for what, a bad decision.

Marci traina Jul 19, 2008

THIS BLOWS BIG TIME!!

Horizon Gold Cardtaking money out of my checking account every month!

I had no idea about this, but they are taking money out of my account every month. $14.95. I cannot afford this, no wonder I keep getting overdrawn checks on my account and it also said I had a debit purchase of $14.95. You cannot use this card for debit. I am very upset and am going to try to cancel my account with them. If not, I will submit a request to the Better Business Bureau.

Kimberly Shores.

Horizon Goldfraud & cheating!

I had signed up with horizon gold card and saw that there is no logo of visa card or master card on the credit card, I called to Hallmark Bank and canceled it but they had already grabbed my 79.95 . I called them again and asked for my money back. They left me on hold for over a hour, knowing I was calling from the US. I still does not have my money back and it has been a month.

North American mailing address:

PO Box 325 Station 'A'
            Etobicoke Ontario

MAXINE L PARSONS Sep 15, 2007

I AM GLAD I DID NOT ACTIVE MY HORIZON GOLD CARD AM DO NOT SEND ME ANY BILL.S YOU SHOULD BE A SHAME TRY TO SCAM OLD PPL

• Pa
                Patricia L. Ott Oct 04, 2007

Horizon Gold makes you think you are getting a regular credit card, charges you $79.95 and then when you get your card, all you can use it for is their outlet store. What a rip-off! I only got the card because like so many others out there, I just barely make it financially each month and wanted to feel some security if I had an emergency. I truly feel used!!!

• Pr
                prtyblueiz Nov 15, 2007

I received a postcard in the mail for this today. It showed I was pre-approved. I also noticed that the card they showed did not have a Visa or a Mastercard logo on it. That was a obvious indication to me that this was not a real credit card. Anyone with poor credit can get a card with HSBC or Tribute. Do not fall for frauds such as this.

• Aa
                Aaron Confidential Dec 03, 2007

I am sorry for your losses and problems, but my thanks to you all for your postings. I was about to go to the website and accept this but I'm glad I found your postings. Thanks.

Gary Feb 26, 2008

My wife receive this horizon gold card in the mail last night. Since im a goggle freak i googled horizon gold fraud just to c who these people really are and if there has been any complaint against them needless to say i came upon this website. There's too much complaint against them so i ripped it up for her. I did a little research on them and this is for the people who have ben scam, here goes. Horizon gold address is 1707 Warren Road Indiana, PA 15701 US. Guess who also resides at this address too, Reliant Holdings Guess who owns horizon gold www.reliantholdings.com and there phone #[protected] this website was created on 12-Apr-2005 the email associated with the website is [protected]@reliantholdings.com www.thehorizonoutlet.com Record created on 03-Feb-2006. they havent been in the bussiness long enough in my opinion

Marco Aug 06, 2008

I applied for the Horizon card and was leadt to believe that it was a Real Credit Card...I tried to log onto the site and it wouldn't let me on even with the log in information. I called custoert service and she did'nt know what I was talking about and and couldn't give me any information even eith my own account number. Now that I have seen all the other complaints regarding this company I will cancel it as soon as possible if they will allow me to as some of the other postings have not been able to. Thanks for the insight.

Horizon Gold Card — customer service problems

We received a post card in the mail stating this was a real credit card so me and my husband thought it was a...

Horizon Gold / Hallmark Bank — beware - it's a scam!

Hallmark Bank & Trust Limited does not issue unsecured credit...

Hallmark Bank / Horizon Gold Card / Compass Visa Card — fake cards

Scam [censored] card below is Horizon Gold Card / Hallmark Bank fake interncet bank info. Domain name...

Horizon Gold Card — fraud and cheating!

I never activated the card when I got it and found out that it was a buyer card only. I was led to believe it...

Horizon Gold Card — decpitive business practices

Horizion deceives people by misleading them into thinking they are a unsecured credit card such as visa or...

The Horizon Gold Credit Card — not credit card like you would want

They send e mail like it a real credit card. But it's not. Then you can't hold of them to stop from...

Impulse Marketing Group / Horizon Gold Card — beware of this scam!

I received credit card offer called horizon gold credit card. I filled out the application and found out...

Horizon Gold Credit Card — misrepresentation!

They totally misrepresented themselves. I can't find a thing that I would ever order on their site. They...

Horizon Gold Cardbeing ripped off

When i went on your website. I thought i was receiving a credit card with a visa or mastercard logo. I did not know that i would have to purchase from your site through a catalog. I am very upset and i would like to receive my money back, I have not purchased anything on your site. Everything looks cheap and not worth spending money on. I would appreciate an email back from u. Stating that i would be receiving my full refund of $88.50.

Angel Fox Jun 09, 2007

Omg! I wish I wold have seen your complaint first!!! I did the same thing thinking it was a credit card. I am sitting in tears at how stupid I was. Thanks for posting this scam. I hope other people like me and you do the same thing so that others will benefit.

• Md
                  M. Daniel Aug 23, 2007

Horizon Gold card

Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. office hours are 8.30 am to 5.00 PM, EST, Monday to Friday.

www.swannlaw.tc

Compass Prepaid MasterCard

P.O. Box 104
                  Tropicana Plaza
                  Providenciales
                  Turks & Caicos Island OR P.O. Box 325, STN 'A'
                  Etobicoke, ON
                  M9C 4V3
                  Canada

Email: [protected]@lochaven.tc

Unauthorised internet banks

Hallmark Bank NA
                  Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com)
                  Hallmark Trust Finance
                  Hallmark Trust Finance Bank

• Mg
                  M. Greve Aug 23, 2007

Horizon Gold card
                  I can't find a thing that I would ever order on their site

Unauthorised internet banks

Hallmark Bank NA
                  Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com)
                  Hallmark Trust Finance

Brian F. J. Trowbridge — Partner
                  [protected]@hallmarktrust.tc

• Re
                  Redbones Sep 19, 2015

I have a dispute about the way, they got my bank to refund them, 29. 95 out my account, and then first commerce in Tallahassee :), also deduct 29.99, and mame it so bad, saying they had proof, with all my information, which I never finish application, somehow the bank tool my money, I can't first commerce credit union, would go against customer, then claim I authorize and bank print out the informatio, , and mailing it out to me, and horizon has all my information, never apply online and apply for a horizon credit card, not it a scam to get people to apply and dont had a card you have to purchase product from their store, so after first investigate the dispute, I end up paying the bank and them, for a card I don't have, how horizon ridge up information on me, for a card never got finish and wasn't authorize, I guess bank and horizon, need money, the price, I had to pay.

Horizon Credit Cardstay away from this card!

On May 08,2017 I signed up online for a Horizon credit card which to my knowledge I would be getting a master or visa card. I waited almost two weeks for it to arrive in the mail. In the mean time the company had immediately taken 86.99 out of my checking account. I was absolutely disappointed when my card had arrived and I soon realized I could only use it on the computer!!! When signing up I was never explained that!!! With out a doubt I will never refer anyone to this card!!! Do not use it!

Jackie

• St
                    StatisticalConsumer Feb 25, 2009

This is the actual email I sent to these Yahoos - I have NEVER filed a complaint against any company. Like many others I not only feel deceived, but stupid. I consider myself to be a somewhat intelligent person. They sent me an email after I cancelled this card wanting to make sure I had 100% satisfaction...WOW!

Oh, so glad you finally sent me an email (never received the one I was told I
                    would receive when submitting this application) Once realizing what this card
                    was actually about and then doing research online, the ONLY contact information
                    I could find for your company was off of compliant websites. Most felt deceived
                    as I did. I would not recommend you advertise on CREDIT CARD websites as this is
                    not truly what this is. I can get a Fingerhut card and do the same thing.

I found a customer service contact number within the responses from your company
                    regarding the several hundred complaints and called immediately yesterday after
                    realizing the confirmation email was not coming through. I tried to call, but
                    your offices were closed. NOT a convenient thing when dealing with a "credit
                    card".

I called this morning and talked to a CSR who drilled me for questions on why I
                    wanted to cancel. Not just asked, DRILLED. Isn't one reason good enough? Once I
                    got past her, she then transferred me to a supervisor who asked me the SAME
                    questions again, yet pushed even harder to get me to keep the card. My reasoning
                    was still the same even after reading her script. I was disappointed at the
                    beginning of the call, but angered at the end. Once she realized that I was not
                    going to bite, she then turned somewhat nasty, her tone was very short on the
                    phone and barely got through the word "Thanks" before hanging up the phone.

I was refunded and this card was cancelled, thank goodness, but what I endured
                    to get there was not at all what one should experience when attempting to build
                    credit back up. Not everyone lives beyond their means, some have tragedies in
                    their lives which force them to get into debt, possibly file bankruptcy and have
                    to start all over from less than square one. Don't assume everyone is a deadbeat
                    and certainly don't treat them like one.

You may want to make your contact information available without needing to log
                    on to your site. People MAY just call ahead of time to get the information they
                    need to make an educated decision. It also MAY field some angry applicants who
                    have decided maybe this card was the wrong choice. Considering I filtered
                    through MANY complaints about your company prior to finding a customer service
                    number to call did not help in your attempt to save a customer.

Horizon Goldcomplete scam!

I just got in the mail this scamming companies ad. Its all too bad that the FTC does nothing to keeping these credit predators in check. TIP: To raise your credit, 3 credit cards no more no less, pay off all 3 every month so another words live within your means. Every month you do that, when reported to the credit agencies, you get an increase in you FICO score. Car loans do nothing for you until you pay it off. They are a scam too. Student loans lower your score no matter what. Pay them on time though or ask for deference’s or forbearances. You can in big trouble with them. Any medical you should make sure never get into your credit report. Home loans do wonders for credit. Pay off you student loans and your cars with home loans. Its cheaper and results in a better scoring when they get paid off. Again make sure you can afford it. Stay away from any credit card company that claims to report. Have them prove it and fully. Some companies only report certain information which can actually hurt you. Orchard bank and Household Finance are two great companies if you have bad credit and want to restore your credit. To learn more go to: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/Books/ and get all the books. You will be amazed what federal laws protect your good name.

sandra benson May 27, 2007

I am with everyone else i was ripped off by Horizon Gold and intend to get my money back

• Me
                      melissa Sep 11, 2007

I too was ripped off by Horizon Gold. I noticed right away that $79.95 was taken out of my acct 5 mins later after signing up, then I noticed that the site wasn't that descriptive and as I did more and more research I came about a list of sites with complaints about them. Right away I tried to call them and all I received was a busy signal, I called them about 10 different times and each time a busy signal, so I decided to call my bank, I told my bank that the company was a fraud and that I needed the charges reversed, they were glad to do so and they are now sending me a new card and closing the old one so that the company cannot charge my acct anymore. I advise anyone else to call their banks and do the same if you haven't already done so...ask for a dispute and tell them the company's a fraud, otherwise you never know, Horizon Gold.. if you get a hold of them, may tell you they'll credit you but may not actually do so, best bet is to call your bank.

• Ro
                      ROBIN LYNNE COLLINS Oct 02, 2007

I got this postcard in the mail the other day and found out that this was too good to be true. Now I went to the website and reading all the compliants and it is such a scam. Don't even try this company because it will be nothing than a heartache. My postcard is now shedded.

MARCUS Mar 13, 2008

THERE ARE 2 PAGES. THE FIRST ONE YOU ENTER YOUR APPROVAL CODE AND EMAIL ADDRESS. THE 2ND PAGE YOU ENTER YOU DEBIT CARD AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. THEY ARE FALSE ADVERTISING BY PLACING A PICTURE OF A MASTERCARD AND A VISA CREDIT IN WHICH THEY DO NOT SHIP OUT... THEY ONLY GIVE YOU THESE SUCKY CARDS THAT YOU CAN ONLY USE ON A WEBSITE PROVIDED BY THEM... BE ADVISED.. DO NOT WASTE YOUR 79.95 ON THAT.. DO NOT GET MISLED..

• Po
                      porsha Oct 06, 2008

ANYONE I ADVICE YOU TO NEVER GO TO TRIDENTSOLUTIONSLLC.COM THEY RIPPED US OFF FOR 300 HUNDREDS DOLLARS THAT WE HAD BORROW PLEEEEEEASE REPORT ALL SCAMS SO THEY CAN BE STOP. I HAVE A HORIZON AND THEY HAVE ### PN THERE WEBSITE...

• Id
                      iday0916 Dec 10, 2010

ANYONE STUPID ENOUGH TO NOT LOOK UP ANYTHING YOU BUY OR RECEIVE IN THE MAIL, OR E-MAIL I AM SORRY TO SAY AND FORGIVE ME BUT DESERVES TO GET RIPPED OFF! ENOUGH SAID.

Horizon Goldcancellation never happened

To whom it may concern,

I had signed on for this card, thinking that it was a major credit card. Well, after discovering that it wasn't I waited a little bit and then called in January to have the card cancelled. The lady on the phone offered me a free month if I would just check out there store website again. I did so and then called back 17 days later and said "not interested" please cancel the card and the gentlemen on the phone said no problem... I since then have gotten a withdrawal on checking account for there monthly fee and I called this morning to talk to the supervisor and complain to him about getting that fee put back in my account. He told me he is sorry and can't do that because that fee is for last month. However, I had called and asked this account to be cancelled therefore there should have never been a charge to begin with. He again told me he could not issue a refund because this was for last month. Again I had called before last month and asked the card to please be cancelled. What can I do or complain to now about this company. I do believe this company to a be somewhat "scamful" in what they do to there customers and how there customer service policy is. Thank you for you time. I no longer have my membership ID because after calling in January to cancel the card I threw the card out so you should be able to get all information from my last name.

• Je
                        Jeremiah Sep 13, 2007

I WANT MY MONEY NOW!!! MONEY IS EVERYTHING!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY OR I WONT PAY TAXES...
                        I WILL TELL THE WHOLE WORLD NOT TO WORK FOR YOU EVIL SCAMFUL HUMANS!!!

• Gr
                        GREATEST Sep 13, 2007

THIS IS THE GOVERNMENT FAULT!!! THEY TAKE Every Penny!!!

• Mj
                        M Johnson Jan 02, 2008

I was ripped off by this company and I will do what it takes to get my money back.