Complaints & Reviews

it's crap!

Claims to issue V/MC unsecured credit cards They do not. Card is neither V or MC. Card can only be used on their website. The Horizon Outlet, which sells items you can get at goodwill. I am not slamming Goodwill, actually they sell some pretty cool stuff, Horizon outlet sell junk, items you can get a dime a dozen anywhere, any place. They say I can cancel this card by contacting them using "Contact Us" which, I have yet to successfully do. I want this card canceled now, and they need to either be shut down, or forced to be 100% honest and straightforward about everything.

• Mi
    mindy holt Aug 27, 2008

I have found this out the hard way as well, unfortunenately, they have already taken their fee off of one of my legitimate credit cards, all I want to do is cancel the entire card so no more money goes off my card, but I can't find a way to do this, do you or does anyone know where to go to cancel everything about this card? I agree, I was totally misled, even by the "live agent" so I was upset and just want out. Thanks to whoever can or will help me

simply fraud!

This is mail and internet fraud. Received in mail a preapproved application for a Horizon Gold Card! When...

credit card appl. payment not refunded

I recv'd a card informing me that I have a non-secured visa with a $500.00 limit. I mailed in a money order for $79.95 in September 2007. I have not recv'd any confirmation of receipt, nor have I been provided with a contact tel# for the credit card company. I have emailed the website numerous times re: this matter with no response.

• Ju
    Juanitta Mitchell Feb 07, 2009

This card is a piece of ###. This is not a real credit card. They should have been up front from the beginning. I went to the site and it's trully a bunch of ### that I would not put on my dog let alone myself or my children.

• El
    eleazar rowe Feb 01, 2011

total fraud, i was suppose to get a credit card what got was ### card for sort cheap warehouse, with cheap merchandise! and i want my money back

• Pa
    patricia wolff Apr 29, 2011

THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD . I THOUGHT IT WAS A VISA OR MASTERCARD . BUT U HAVE TO USE IT FROM THEIR WEBSITE THE STUFF IS POOR I WANT MY MONEY BACK THE TOOK NO TIME TO TAKE THE MONEY OFF MY CARD. THEY ARE MISLEADING, U THINK ITS A REG CREDIT CARD ITS A SCAM NOT REAL I WONT BE USEING THIS CARD .

Christine Bacon Jun 08, 2012

Was lead to believe that I would be able to get top quality goods. I'm not going to use and I'm notifying my bank to stop any future payments.

misinformed!

On the 7th of this month (December) I began to do my online shopping with my card... prior to receiving my card I was never told that I would have to pay and additional $40.00 for their gas as well as another $7.00 for ups delivery and signature.
Please note that I understand that gas price's have gone up and yes they should get something but $40.00 plus $7.00 is a bit much for someone like myself on a fixed income. I wanted very much to build up my credit not go farther in debt trying to.
The total amount of item's I was hoping to buy came to a total of $97.98 with these other charges it came to if I can remember correctly $143.

This is scam!

Marianne Ray Feb 12, 2008

I was excited to get my Horizon Gold Card in the mail on Saturday February 9, 2008. Then when I opened the envelope, much to my dismay, there was not a Visa or Mastercard credit card, just some cheap paper card. I have good credit and I thought I was applying for a REAL credit card. So on Monday February 11, 2008, I called the 800 number. (I would have called sooner, but their hours are Mon-Fri 9-5, or something like that). You know, with my other cards, I can call the 800 number 24/7. Anyway, when I called, I spoke to a Customer Service Rep., I just said that I wanted to cancel the card, period. He went on to say "BLAH BLAH BLAH" I said "NO I WANT TO CANCEL." He said " YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO THE OUTLET STORE". I said "YOU HAVE NOTHING I WANT TO BUY. I WANT TO CANCEL THE CARD. I DO NOT WANT YOU TO TAKE ANYTHING MORE OUT OF MY ACCOUNT." I did not realize there was a monthly fee of more money. I'm thinking that if I had been able to get onto their site I would have been charged an extra fee. Thank god I couldn't. Back to my story. Since I was determined to cancel, he could not help me, he would have me talk to a supervisor. I talked to a supervisor and then a manager. Luckily, I was able to cancel my card. I even got a cancellation number and an email stating my request to cancel and my refund will take at least 72 hours to process. The FUNNY part, although the $79.95 they took out of my account immediately, I get a refund of $59.95, because there is a $20.00 cancellation fee. This card is a total SCAM. SCAM SCAM SCAM

• Vi
    virginia capps Sep 28, 2008

I ALSO GOT THIS INVITE IN THE MAIL SAYING THAT I WAS APPROVED AND I NEVER APPLIED I WENT ONLINE TO SEE WHAT THE CARD WAS I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THEM HOWEVER I COULD NOT GET INTO THE SITE TO GET ANY INFO BUT I DID COME ACROSS THIS PAGE I'M SORRY THAT EVERYONE HAD A PROBLEM AND I THANK YOU FOR POSTING BEFORE I SCAMMED TO

scam online credit card company

My money was taken just like all the others, being led to believe that thier card was a regular creit card to...

getting your money back

I received my card on Oct. 20, 2007, called their customer service [protected] on the following Monday. Representative gave me a hard time about getting refund back ($79.95). They give you the run around about how good they can help you with your credit and all the services they provide which is crap. After getting frustrated, what part of I DON'T WANT YOUR SERVICES, I JUST WANT MY REFUND. After hanging up on them, they called me right back and left a message that they cancel my card. Three days later they refunded me back $59.95 into my account. Still lost $20.00 and for what, a bad decision.

Marci traina Jul 19, 2008

THIS BLOWS BIG TIME!!

taking money out of my checking account every month!

I had no idea about this, but they are taking money out of my account every month. $14.95. I cannot afford this, no wonder I keep getting overdrawn checks on my account and it also said I had a debit purchase of $14.95. You cannot use this card for debit. I am very upset and am going to try to cancel my account with them. If not, I will submit a request to the Better Business Bureau.

Kimberly Shores.

fraud & cheating!

I had signed up with horizon gold card and saw that there is no logo of visa card or master card on the credit card, I called to Hallmark Bank and canceled it but they had already grabbed my 79.95 . I called them again and asked for my money back. They left me on hold for over a hour, knowing I was calling from the US. I still does not have my money back and it has been a month.

Email: [protected]@hallmarktrust.tc
Telephone: [protected]
Facsimile: [protected]

North American mailing address:

PO Box 325 Station 'A'
Etobicoke Ontario

MAXINE L PARSONS Sep 15, 2007

I AM GLAD I DID NOT ACTIVE MY HORIZON GOLD CARD AM DO NOT SEND ME ANY BILL.S YOU SHOULD BE A SHAME TRY TO SCAM OLD PPL

• Pa
    Patricia L. Ott Oct 04, 2007

Horizon Gold makes you think you are getting a regular credit card, charges you $79.95 and then when you get your card, all you can use it for is their outlet store. What a rip-off! I only got the card because like so many others out there, I just barely make it financially each month and wanted to feel some security if I had an emergency. I truly feel used!!!

• Pr
    prtyblueiz Nov 15, 2007

I received a postcard in the mail for this today. It showed I was pre-approved. I also noticed that the card they showed did not have a Visa or a Mastercard logo on it. That was a obvious indication to me that this was not a real credit card. Anyone with poor credit can get a card with HSBC or Tribute. Do not fall for frauds such as this.

• Aa
    Aaron Confidential Dec 03, 2007

I am sorry for your losses and problems, but my thanks to you all for your postings. I was about to go to the website and accept this but I'm glad I found your postings. Thanks.

Gary Feb 26, 2008

My wife receive this horizon gold card in the mail last night. Since im a goggle freak i googled horizon gold fraud just to c who these people really are and if there has been any complaint against them needless to say i came upon this website. There's too much complaint against them so i ripped it up for her. I did a little research on them and this is for the people who have ben scam, here goes. Horizon gold address is 1707 Warren Road Indiana, PA 15701 US. Guess who also resides at this address too, Reliant Holdings Guess who owns horizon gold www.reliantholdings.com and there phone #7244656075 this website was created on 12-Apr-2005 the email associated with the website is [email protected] www.thehorizonoutlet.com Record created on 03-Feb-2006. they havent been in the bussiness long enough in my opinion

Marco Aug 06, 2008

I applied for the Horizon card and was leadt to believe that it was a Real Credit Card...I tried to log onto the site and it wouldn't let me on even with the log in information. I called custoert service and she did'nt know what I was talking about and and couldn't give me any information even eith my own account number. Now that I have seen all the other complaints regarding this company I will cancel it as soon as possible if they will allow me to as some of the other postings have not been able to. Thanks for the insight.

customer service problems

We received a post card in the mail stating this was a real credit card so me and my husband thought it was a...

beware - it's a scam!

Hallmark Bank & Trust Limited does not issue unsecured credit cards.

that site says they do issue unsecured VISA cards

Email: [protected]@hallmarktrust.tc

Grace Period: Not Applicable

Reward Program: Free Equifax Credit Report

Total Initial Fee: $35.00

Issued By: Horizon Card Services

How horizon gold card works:

While activating you account, you will get a credit card account to spend on the purchases through this horizongoldcard website only not all others. Also there is a little charge on nominal processing for every purchase. After activation of your account you will receive a Benefit Credit or Horizon Outlet card within 4 weeks from the date of activation. For customer care services you can contact us at: [protected]@myinstantbenefits.com

Reporting credit Bureau:

Horizon Gold Card Services will send a report about your new credit card account to credit bureau, after getting positive info about your identity. For your identity proof you must senda photocopy of your card to the Horizon Gold Card Services. The card or the horizon outlet gives no guarantee for building or re-building you credit card, or the post of your positive credit report.

Benefits:

Privacy Protection - you will get unlimited internet access. To activate your account or viewing it login to www.horizoncardservices.com using the account issued to you, during your gold card membership.

Universal Rx - You usually check the website for receiving any medications and changes. Unlimited local participating pharmacy access.

Roadside Protection - You will have to pay $50 to the operator upto 3 service calls received up to 15 miles. Additional calls or towing and mileage will cost extra charges. You can cover one service call or towing within 7 days and 3 total service calls within a year. Not to exceed. These service calls include fluid delivery up to 5 gallons based on the current pump cost in your area, lock out service and tire change service(only spare provided to you). These services are not applicable for any accidental vehicle recovery and hence no benefit coverage.

Legal Network - Network will be toll free and internet access to legal resources. Your plan provides you one 30 minute consultation with a legal adviser in your area absolutely free of cost. No Criminal defense cases are required under this plan.

Courtesy Program - MyGasWatch and some other programs offered to our members are done according to convenience and courtesy items only. Horizon Gold Card Services provide no warranty of all mentioned services and can be changed or discontinue at any time

Horizon Gold Shares Inc. reports earnings for Qtr to March 31
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

Published: July 1, 1989
LEAD: *3*** COMPANY REPORTS **
*3* Horizon Gold Shares Inc.
Qtr to March [protected]

Net inc 333,008 d54,265

Share earns .02 -

Shares outst 17,716,742 16,309,156

*3*** COMPANY REPORTS **
*3* Horizon Gold Shares Inc.
Qtr to March [protected]

Sales 1,812,697 1,374,221

Net loss b703,968 c497,383

Share earns - .03

Yr sales 9,328,208 4,461,040

Net inc 333,008 d54,265

Share earns .02 -

Shares outst 17,716,742 16,309,156

b-After a loss of $135,000 from the reversal of tax loss carry forward. c-Net income d-After a gain of $39,188 from the extinguishment of debt.

All you need in order to comprehend everything concerning the difficult question of horizon gold card rate are revealed during the course of this special article. People obtain cards for several uses. There are any number of uses for credit cards, and consequently, nearly everybody carries one (or even several). Some want a card since charging all manner of purchases to a card is a really handy way of obtaining products or services whenever they want or need to -- even if they haven't got ready money. Other potential cardholders decide to go in for online credit cards simply because of the customer benefits they can accrue when they charge goods or services.

Other people may decide to get charge cards on account of the widely known and very attractive offerings proposed by a particular card provider, apart from better client support and great plans. Yet other individuals obtain online credit cards with the rationale that any goods or services they buy will be backed by the card company. This normally holds good in case you've had some sort of trouble regarding the goods you have paid for through your card, and, usually, the card issuer will compensate the damages by letting you charge back that sum.

A number of individuals get plastic cards because it's the best method of payment for e-Commerce transactions. For a number of folks, online shopping can be the most hassle free method to purchase goods or services, and more so for people who haven't found the time to drive to the shopping center. Online merchants typically accept payments from their customers by means of creditcard. Other people acquire online credit card so that they have a backup, and utilize it whenever they need money urgently. Almost all individuals experience emergencies when they're caught short, without readily available cash, so it becomes hard for them to find ways to manage the particular crisis. creditcards can come to their rescue in such circumstances, and this is yet another convenient use your plastic money can provide. Some people apply for plastic cards simply because they want to have card records that they can leverage in upcoming borrowings or other credit dealings with banks and financial institutions.

And, finally -- there are people who obtain online creditcards because of the expediency factor of not carrying cash around, which is rather unsafe. After all, cash in a stolen wallet could be lost permanently, while stolen or misplaced credit card online isn't as great a calamity - you just have to cancel the card, so you haven't really lost a thing in any way.

Those things are the characteristic justifications for why cards are popular with the majority of individuals -- which can be boiled down to the simplicity, practicality, and relative safety. However, no matter what the motivation, getting and making use of your online creditcard isn't something anyone should do without thinking things through. creditcard could be a truly convenient way for you to leverage as an alternative monetary instrument, though it can create difficulties for you. This is due to the fact that it ought to be utilized just by individuals who have what it takes to manage its use. If utilized in a rash or impulsive way, you will face the consequences of a monetary reversal later on.

To assess whether you'll be capable of managing online credit card (alongside your other financial matters) in the wisest manner, you should learn and apply the most important factors regarding your card and its basic elements. You have to think whether you will have the financial capability to pay off your bills when they arrive when you've bought goods on your plastic cards. Debt with plastic card is a typical scenario, on account of the inability of the cardowner to pay up his/her card balance right away. This happens if the card owner fails to take due care with the manner in which he or she makes credit purchases, and consequently piles up ever-growing dues by the end of the period the bill covers.

How about a scenario when a person fails to pay the bills in full and just pays them in part? It might be alright, although the danger sets in if its a recurrent feature and the card dues keep piling up, because it means heftier rates of interest. Fees increase even more if there're no appropriate funds to cover the card dues. In such a scenario, it's crucial that the card owner make use of the most strategic financial management to understand how he or she should use charge card in order to evade financial losses.

For additional Horizon Gold Card Rate info, simply click:

Bad Credit Card: a number of details on Bad Debt Credit Card

Low Horizon Gold Card global review - Credit Card Low

Extensive Best Deal On Credit Cards facts - Best Deal On Horizon Gold Card

Business Credit Card online guide

After reading what you have read covering horizon gold card rate it ought to be easier to make your future choice about the idea of horizon gold card rate.

Are you seeking the most instructive horizon gold card rate discussion groups? Here, you should get the most updated statistical findings and chat groups: www.outreach.psu.edu, dmoz.org, gas credit card

Rosa Garced Dec 10, 2007

I was offered a unsecured visa which this isn't then you have to pay processing fees equal to purchases not good

Roger F. Jouron Sr. Jan 16, 2008

May be you can help me for I was charged $89.95 on my bank account from Horizon Card services for a charge that I did not order of any cards please give me refund to my bank account and was not oked for any cards. Please refund ASAP to my bank account. So that I can clear up my account.

• Cy
    Cynthia Martinez Feb 28, 2008

Hi, I got a card in the mail and it was a horizon gold card for $500 and I was getting it activated on line and I did everyhting but it was asking for a card # and the experation date. I thought you didn't need any credit card. Because it said on the card no bad credits, or bank checks. So I want to know what is going on here?

Angelique Hueca May 14, 2008

I was billed to recieve a Horizon Card and have not recieved my credit card by mail please cancel any card sent and resend me a new card to a new address which is
    Angelique Hueca
    550 Wyandotte Street
    Bethlehem, PA 18015
    Any additiona information please E-Mail me at [email protected]

Chino hazze Apr 18, 2014

I ordered the card yesterday and going online and reading about them I send my bank a message to stop the transaction and not to take it out of my checking account so I won't owe my bank 29.95 if the horizon card service so I told my bank that they are scammer trying to make quick bucks and plus those 29.95 my baby of 2 month needs diapers

fake cards

Scam [censored] card below is Horizon Gold Card / Hallmark Bank fake interncet bank info.

Domain name: HALLMARKTRUST.COM

When you register a domain name, current policies require that the contact information for your domain name registration be included in a public database known as WHOIS. To learn about actions you can take to protect your WHOIS information visit

Registration Service Provided By: Enom, Inc

ns1.quantumleap.net

HALLMARKTRUST.COM

64.243.104.197
Record Type: IP Address

SAVVIS Communications Corporation SAVVIS8 (NET-[protected])
64.240.0.0 - 64.243.255.255
Quantum Leap Network SAVV-S93619 (NET-[protected])
64.243.104.192 - 64.243.104.223

Affordable Webhosting, Inc.
    P.O. Box 1508
    Manzanita, OR 97130
    877 359 3385

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.REVENUEDIRECT.COM
    NS2.REVENUEDIRECT.COM

magda wagner Aug 27, 2007

Well here is another one taken by the scam of horizon gold (credit card)!!! Received the card 2day june 2,2007. I even called to verify to make sure i could use the card and was told i could use it as credit card because it is a credit card. I went to walmart and have never been so embarrassed in my life!!what is wrong with you so called people?! Have you no shame!! I highly doubt it, yall are nothing but crooks and i am informing my bank monday to put all blocks on you. As god is my savior you will not get another dime from me!! You already took me fo $80. How can you live with yourself and sleep at nights. What a stupid question. Crooks have no feelings for the people that have to work hard for their money. Heartless and ruthless pigs like you do not even belong in the same category as human beings. I will get some of my money back that you took from me are i will die trying and you can take the rest of it to your grave to share with the the other maggots as of yourself. Spineless pigs. Robert Roschi

PO Box 104,
    Tropicana Plaza, Leeward Highway
    Turks & Caicos Islands, BWI

Phone: 649-941-5191
    Facsimile: 649-941-5801
    Email: [email protected]

The Bad – The Turks and Caicos is in treaties that could affect tax matters. They are in the same treaty as Anguilla.

Bahamas bank and funds in BVI, Cayman and TCI among biggest creditors of bankrupt $1.6 b cash manager
    August 20, 2007

A bank and seven investment funds all domiciled in Caribbean countries are among the 20 largest unsecured creditors of a U. S.-based cash management firm that has filed for bankruptcy in Chicago.

Full story >

SEC Steps Up Nationwide Crackdown Against Internet Fraud, Charging 26 Companies and Individuals for Bogus Securities Offerings

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

99-49

Vigilant Surveillance and Preemptive Strikes Help Prevent
    Investor Losses

Washington, D.C., May 12, 1999 – In its third nationwide Internet fraud sweep, the Securities and Exchange Commission today announced 14 enforcement actions against 26 companies and individuals for using the Internet to defraud investors and potential investors.

These actions are the culmination of a sweep targeting the sale of bogus securities through the Internet. In some of today's actions, SEC Internet surveillance detected the alleged bogus investment offerings before the perpetrators could make any sales, stopping the alleged frauds before potential investors lost money.

SEC Director of Enforcement Richard H. Walker said, "These actions demonstrate the SEC's commitment to cleaning up the Internet, and prove that through vigilant surveillance and preemptive strikes, the SEC can catch Internet thieves in the early stages of their investment frauds, sometimes even before they have stolen from a single investor." Mr. Walker added, "While the Internet can make it easier for thieves to commit securities fraud, the Internet also puts the fraud in plain view, making it easier for the SEC to catch it."

Today's actions share two common themes: Each involved the sale or marketing of securities via the world wide web and each contained outrageous or baseless promises to investors, in some instances guaranteeing annual profits exceeding 100% or even 2000% of an investor's initial investment. In addition to the fraud claims asserted in the actions, the SEC also charged several individuals for acting as unregistered broker-dealers and for selling unregistered securities.

In two of the actions, each an alleged international pyramid scheme (SEC v. Roor, et al. and SEC v. Future Strategies Srl), a federal judge has granted emergency relief, including an order requiring the defendants to stop immediately all alleged fraudulent activities and to submit a detailed accounting of all investor funds; and, in the case of SEC v. Roor, et al., the judge ordered an asset freeze. Among the other actions filed today, the SEC charged alleged swindlers with using the Internet to peddle worthless investments ranging from gold mining interests (In re Pierce, et al.) and so-called "prime bank" notes (SEC v. Stahl, et al. and SEC v. Edwards) to "ground-floor opportunities" in high-tech software (SEC v. Rosenthal), the construction of pre-fabricated hospitals in Turkey (In re Artz, et al.) and a product providing a revolutionary gold processing technique (SEC v. Abramson).

Today's actions are part of the third nationwide sweep conducted by the SEC. Previous sweeps filed in October 1998 and February 1999 dealt with the unlawful touting of publicly-traded companies via the Internet. The SEC's Office of Internet Enforcement coordinates the sweeps; the CyberForce and the Office of Internet Enforcement conduct the surveillance; and attorneys within the SEC Division of Enforcement throughout the country lead the investigations. The CyberForce, now more than 200 strong, is a dedicated corps of SEC enforcement staff specially trained for Internet surveillance.

Two emergency actions, SEC v. Forex, et al. filed in February and SEC v. Lazarus Long filed in April, were originally part of this sweep, but the SEC filed these actions earlier to minimize investor losses.

The SEC also issued today a series of tips for avoiding online investment scams, encouraging investors to take three steps before they invest:

Call your state securities regulator or check the SEC's EDGAR database at www.sec.gov to determine whether an investment is legally registered.

Ask your state securities regulator whether the person or firm selling the investment is licensed to do business in your state and whether they have a record of complaints or fraud.

Assume investments offered through the Internet are scams until you've done your homework and proven otherwise.
    "People spend more time choosing a computer than they spend researching Internet investments," said Nancy M. Smith, Director of the SEC's Office of Investor Education and Assistance. "Investors can take their own preemptive strikes against Internet fraud simply by checking out investments before they buy."

To report suspicious Internet activities pertaining to securities fraud, please use the Enforcement Complaint Center at or email the SEC at [email protected] and for more tips on saving, investing, and avoiding fraud online, visit www.sec.gov/investor/online.shtml.

Case Summaries & SEC Contact List
    1. SEC v. David Abramson (SEC Contact: Eric Schmidt 212-748-8046)
    The SEC alleges that David Abramson, a resident of New York City, New York, raised $50,000 over the Internet by selling phony interests in a company called Brightstar, which purportedly had access to a more efficient process to extract gold from magnetite concentrate, a type of ore. The SEC alleges that Abramson's promise to investors that they could receive an annual return of 2600% for ten years was an outright lie.

2. SEC v. Abacus International Holding Corp and Arthur Agustin (SEC Contact: David Horowitz 215-597-2950)
    The SEC alleges that the sole owner and employee of Abacus International Holding Corp., Arthur Agustin, a resident of Alameda, California, sold "prime bank" securities, and made false promises of extravagant returns with little risk; all for an investment that never existed. At least one person invested $250,000 in the securities offered by the defendant, at least $60,000 of which the SEC alleges Agustin misappropriated for his own use.

3. SEC v. Richard Briden, Empowerment Funding Group, LLC and Infopro Group, Ltd. (SEC Contact: James Adelman 617-424-5927)
    The SEC alleges that Richard Briden, a resident of Ashland, Massachusetts, and two corporations he controlled offered fraudulent "prime bank" trading programs over the Internet. The SEC alleges that Briden convinced seven investors to invest $295,000, promising a return of 640% per 40-week trading period. The SEC alleges that, like all "prime bank" securities, the investment never existed.

4. SEC v. Future Strategies Srl (SEC Contact: Richard Murphy 404-842-7665)
    The SEC alleges that Future Strategies, an Italian entity headquartered in Carpi, Modena, Italy promoted a bogus pyramid scheme over the Internet known as "Pentagano." The SEC alleges that Future Strategies sold "Pentagano Certificates," now called "Card Purchase Orders," to more than 400 investors in the United States making false promises that an investment of only $120 or so could earn up to $116,400. The SEC alleges that the entire program was a sham, a fraudulent pyramid scheme, designed only to bilk investors.

5. SEC v. HDG Investment Corp. and Paul Edwards (SEC Contact: Daniel Shea 303-844-1000)
    The SEC alleges that HDG and Paul Edwards, a Canadian citizen living in Prague, Czech Republic, used the Internet to raise more than $300,000 from investors for a fictitious prime bank investment program promising to produce a 20-to-1 return in thirty days. The SEC alleges that Edwards continued to give investors false assurances that they would receive their promised returns months after diverting at least $100,000 of investor proceeds to his personal use. The SEC alleges that, like all "prime bank" securities, the investment never existed.

6. SEC v. Theodore Pollard (SEC Contact: Helane Morrison 415-705-2450)
    The SEC alleges that Theodore Pollard, a resident of Palo Alto, California, maintained a website using the name "World Investment Network, Ltd." on which he solicited dubious investments, including the "Winsell $35K Lease $1M" program, a "prime bank" program. The SEC alleges that Pollard promised investors an 800% return ($3,000,000 on $35,000 in ten months) on a purportedly risk-free investment. During the course of the investigation, Pollard was ordered by a District Court Judge to comply with Commission administrative subpoenas. Pollard was then found in contempt of that order, daily fines were imposed, and the Judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest for his continued non-compliance. The SEC alleges that, like all "prime bank" securities, the investment never existed.

7. SEC v. Peter Roor, Ronald Templin and Laurie Weiss (SEC Contact: Mark Schonfeld: 212-748-8292)
    The SEC alleges that Peter Roor, a Dutch citizen residing in Amsterdam, Ronald Templin, a resident of Kokomo, Indiana, and Laurie Weiss, a resident of Waynesville, Missouri, promoted at least five ongoing Internet-based fraudulent pyramid schemes, each of which promised investors risk-free returns between 10% and 400% per month, plus additional returns for recruiting new investors. The SEC alleges that the pyramid schemes were a complete sham based on a slew of empty promises. The SEC alleges that the defendants defrauded thousands of investors worldwide of more than one million dollars. On Monday, the SEC obtained emergency relief from a New York Federal Judge, including an immediate order to cease all fraudulent activities, to account for all investor funds, to freeze the assets of two of the defendants (Roor and Templin), and to further protect all investors by prohibiting the defendants from transferring any money offshore.

8. SEC v. Jason Rosenthal (SEC Contact: James Adelman 617-424-5927)
    The SEC alleges that Jason Rosenthal, who resided in Gloucester, Massachusetts at the time, used the Internet to solicit purchasers of unregistered securities in entities formed to purchase and operate franchises, which would sell and support software for operating commercial websites. The SEC alleges that Rosenthal made false promises claiming returns for investors of 500% to 2000% within two years. The SEC also alleges that Rosenthal misled investors into believing that they had an opportunity to join the same venture capitalists who had provided initial capital for Microsoft and Intel, and further misled investors to believe that the entity in which they would be investing was planning an initial public offering. The SEC alleges that Rosenthal's solicitations yielded investments from three investors, totaling $50,000 and commissions to Rosenthal in the amount of $5,000.

9. In the Matter of Lawrence Artz, Neurotech Corp., Enhance Resources, Inc. and Bruce Lynch (SEC Contact: James Adelman 617-424-5927)
    The Division of Enforcement alleges that Lawrence Artz, a resident of Roslyn, N.Y., Bruce Lynch, a resident of Brookline, Massachusetts, Neurotech Corp. and Enhance Resources, Inc., conducted a fraudulent offering over the Internet for an investment in notes in the nominal amount of $15 million, the proceeds of which were to be used to construct prefabricated hospitals in Turkey. The Division also alleges that the respondents claimed that three well-known Turkish banks had agreed to guarantee the notes, so that there would be no risk to investors. The Division also alleges that the entire investment was a sham – no Turkish banks had ever made any such guarantees and the projections posted in the offering were nothing more than baseless and unfounded representations. The Division filed this action before anyone invested in this alleged fraud.

10. In the Matter of David Francis (SEC Contact: Antonia Chion 202-942-4567)
    The Division of Enforcement alleges that David Francis, a resident of Bowling Green, Kentucky, marketed interests in "prime bank" investment programs, promising returns as high as 200% every ten banking days. These solicitations were made to an Arizona undercover investigator who was passed on to Francis after initially reading about "prime bank" investments on an Arizona-based website. The Division alleges that, like all "prime bank" securities, the investment never existed, and filed this action before anyone invested in this alleged fraud. Without admitting or denying the Division's allegations, Francis consented to an order requiring him to cease and desist from all current and future violations of the antifraud provision of the Securities Act of 1933.

11. In the Matter of Derrick Johnson (SEC Contact: Sheila O'Callaghan 415-705-2459)
    The Division of Enforcement alleges that Derrick Johnson, a resident of Aloha, Oregon, used three different websites to sell "prime bank" instruments promising returns from 50% to 1600% in 3 to 120 plus days and promising that the "prime bank" instruments would be "100% insured" and "guaranteed in writing." The Division alleges that Johnson also falsely represented that he and his company, "Global Financial Group," had clients in more than twenty countries, even though Global and Johnson in fact had no clients at all, and no operations other than the three websites Johnson created. The Division alleges that, like all "prime bank" securities, the investment never existed. The Division filed this action before anyone invested in this alleged fraud.

12. In the Matter of Lila Keith (SEC Contact: Daniel Shea 303-844-1000)
    The Division of Enforcement alleges that Lila Keith, a resident of Aurora, Colorado, operating under the name "Keith Financial Services," used the Internet to provide account receivable services, to broker commercial loans, and to offer "prime bank" investment interests. The Division alleges that Keith raised over $300,000 from at least three investors for the "prime bank" securities offered by Paul Edwards (See, SEC v. Edwards), promising a 20-to-1 return within thirty days of each investment. The Division alleges that, like all "prime bank" securities, the investment never existed.

13. In the Matter of Gary Pierce and C.S.I. Ag (SEC Contact: James Adelman 617-424-5927)
    The Division of Enforcement alleges Gary Pierce, a resident of Studio City, California, and C.S.I. Ag., a Turks and Caicos company, solicited investments in a $500 million unregistered bond offering for the government of Free Vietnam, a political association, via its website and other vehicles. The Division alleges that the respondents promised an average annual return of 19.6% and that the bond offering was collateralized by $500 million of CSI's gold reserves. The Division alleges that there existed no basis for the valuation of the gold reserves. The Division also alleges that the respondents failed to disclose that 70% of the money invested would be used for activities that would generate no revenue, and that only 30% would be invested in an unspecified "yield rich trading program" (which would have to generate more than 56% annually for five years to pay investors the promised rates of return). The Division filed this action before anyone invested in this alleged fraud.

14. In the Matter of Robert Stahl, Elizabeth Boyd and Bobby Rodgers (SEC Contact: Antonia Chion 202-942-4567)
    The Division of Enforcement alleges that Robert Stahl, a resident of Chandler, Arizona, Elizabeth Boyd, a citizen of Canada who resides in Oakville, Ontario and Fort Myers, Florida, and Bobby Rodgers, a resident of Germantown, Tennessee, offered to an Arizona Corporation Commission undercover investigator various "prime bank"-related investment programs. The Division further alleges that Stahl initially offered certain of these programs on a website he created entitled "Inve$tit Opportunities," then later, in personal solicitations, promising returns as high as 20% each 2-3 week trading "cycle." The Division alleges that the investigator was later passed on to Elizabeth Boyd and her associate David Francis, who ultimately offered him an interest in a program promoted by Bobby Rodgers that purported to generate returns as high as 200% every ten banking days through the trading of fictitious debt instruments on overseas markets. The Division alleges that none of the programs offered existed. The Arizona Corporation Commission and the Division of Enforcement filed actions before anyone invested in these allegedly bogus programs.

Hallmark Bank/ Horizon Gold Complaints / Compass Visa

email [email protected]

Submit a written request to:
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
    Office of Investor Education and Advocacy
    100 F Street N.E.
    Washington, DC 20549-0213

Send a fax to: 202-772-9295

Please include a mailing address and daytime telephone number in order to expedite your request should questions arise. Each request for information or copies should clearly describe the information sought with respect to complete name, date, subject matter, type of document, file number, or any other specific information which will assist us in identifying the information you are requesting. This enables us to ensure that the correct documents are located and provided as quickly as possible.

Your written request should indicate a willingness to pay the reproduction cost of $.24 per page for regular service or $.36 per page for priority service, and delivery charges. Our copying contractor, Thomson Financial Inc., will advise you of the total reproduction costs prior to completing the request. Should questions arise about making a request, you can call 202-551-8090 for further assistance.

If you need certified copies of records or documents your request should be submitted to [email protected]

magda wagner Aug 27, 2007

Horizon Card, a MasterCard secured credit card adding security, flexibility, access and confidentiality to your offshore assets, with the added feature of on-line account information availability.

PO Box 104,
    Tropicana Plaza, Leeward Highway
    Turks & Caicos Islands, BWI

Phone: 649-941-5191
    Facsimile: 649-941-5801
    Email: [email protected]

Hallmark Bank & Trust - Providing International Financial ...Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is a registered, licensed and insured bank and ... Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. issues the Horizon standard and gold MasterCard®. ...
    www.hallmarktrust.com/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Hallmark Bank & Trust - Providing International Financial ...Normally our clients select Nominee Directors and Officers that are provided by Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. in order to maximize the tax efficiency of the ...
    www.hallmarktrust.com/faq.php - 43k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.hallmarktrust.com ]

[PDF] HorizonCard ApplicationFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    documents to Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd., to the address below. See ... consideration of Hallmark Bank & Trust Limited (“Hallmark”) issuing one or more ...
    lochaven.tc/pdf/horizoncard_application.pdf - Similar pages

HorizonCard ApplicationSend a bank draft payable to Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. along with application ... Horizon MasterCard Card is administered by Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd., ...
    www.horizoncard.tc/1-application.php - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

Horizon Card MasterCard International Credit Card solutions.Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is a licensed bank and trust company organized under the laws of the Turks & Caicos Islands. Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is also a ...
    www.horizoncard.tc/companyinfo.php - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.horizoncard.tc ]

Complaints Board | Horizon Gold Credit CardHallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is located in the Turks & Caicos Islands a British .... Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. PO Box 104, Tropicana Plaza, Leeward Highway ...
    www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/horizon-gold-credit-card-c12720.html - 119k - Cached - Similar pages

Complaints Board | Hallmark Bank & Trust / Horizon Gold /Compa CardHallmark Bank NA Hallmark Finance http://www.hallmark-online.com Hallmark Trust Finance Hallmark Trust Finance Bank Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. PO Box 104, ...
    www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hallmark-bank-amp-trust-horizon-gold-compa-card-c22426.html - 44k - 21 hours ago - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.complaintsboard.com ]

The Turks and Caicos Islands are known internationally as a ...Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is a registered, licensed and insured bank and trust ... Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. in conjunction with expert legal, accounting, ...
    www.wherewhenhow.com/Development/Investment.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Compass MasterCard Prepaid Credit Card - solutions."The Issuer" means Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd., a licensed bank and located in the Turks & Caicos Islands B.W.I., which will issue the Card. ...
    www.compassmastercard.tc/cardholderagreement.php - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

Unauthorised internet banksAllied Trust Merchant Bank or Allied Trust Merchant Brokers Limited alliedtrustbankuk.com .... Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com) ...
    www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/internet.shtml - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

More Horizon Gold Hallmark Bank scam information
    Hallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. office hours are 8.30 am to 5.00 PM, EST, Monday to Friday.

that phone i also

tc
    Tel 649-946-5524 Fax 649-946-5316

Rory Miller Aug 27, 2007

Horizon Card
    owned by Hallmark bank and Trust / Brian Trowbridge the more i dig..the more he owns, weaving it so it is complicated to get info... f*ck him. He is a piece of ### British lawyer

1. OFUSA - May/June 1999
    www.offshorefinanceusa.com/usa - [Cached]
    Published on: 1/3/2000 Last Visited: 9/7/2002

Author: Brian F. Trowbridge, Esq., Twa, Cochrane, Skatfeld, Turks and Caicos Islands

Corrupt Report: horizon gold credit cardHallmark Bank & Trust Ltd. is a licensed bank and trust company organized ... Brian F. J. Trowbridge, B.A., LLB, T.E.P. a graduate of the University of ...
    www.corruptreport.com/2007/06/horizon-gold-credit-card_30.php

SEC Info - F&M National Corp - 10-K - For 12/31/94On July 1, 1994, Hallmark Bank and Trust Company, Springfield, Virginia, ..... home equity lines and other secured and unsecured credit facilities.
    www.secinfo.com/drV5e.a2t.htm - 136k - Cached - Similar pages

F&M NATIONAL CORP Annual Report (10-K) ITEM 1. BUSINESS(5) Includes the acquisition in 1994 of Hallmark Bank and Trust, Springfield, .... home equity lines, and other secured and unsecured credit facilities.
    sec.edgar-online.com/1997/03/27/00/0000916641-97-000266/Section2.asp - 83k - Cached - Similar pages

fraud and cheating!

I never activated the card when I got it and found out that it was a buyer card only. I was led to believe it...

decpitive business practices

Horizion deceives people by misleading them into thinking they are a unsecured credit card such as visa or...

not credit card like you would want

They send e mail like it a real credit card. But it's not. Then you can't hold of them to stop from...

beware of this scam!

I received credit card offer called horizon gold credit card. I filled out the application and found out...

misrepresentation!

They totally misrepresented themselves. I can't find a thing that I would ever order on their site. They...

being ripped off

When i went on your website. I thought i was receiving a credit card with a visa or mastercard logo. I did not know that i would have to purchase from your site through a catalog. I am very upset and i would like to receive my money back, I have not purchased anything on your site. Everything looks cheap and not worth spending money on. I would appreciate an email back from u. Stating that i would be receiving my full refund of $88.50.

Angel Fox Jun 09, 2007

Omg! I wish I wold have seen your complaint first!!! I did the same thing thinking it was a credit card. I am sitting in tears at how stupid I was. Thanks for posting this scam. I hope other people like me and you do the same thing so that others will benefit.

• Md

Compass Prepaid MasterCard

P.O. Box 104
    Tropicana Plaza
    Providenciales
    Turks & Caicos Island OR P.O. Box 325, STN 'A'
    Etobicoke, ON
    M9C 4V3
    Canada

Telephone: 649 941-5191
    Facsimile: 649 941-5801

Unauthorised internet banks

Hallmark Bank NA
    Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com)
    Hallmark Trust Finance
    Hallmark Trust Finance Bank

• Mg
    M. Greve Aug 23, 2007

Horizon Gold card
    I can't find a thing that I would ever order on their site

Unauthorised internet banks

Hallmark Bank NA
    Hallmark Finance & Savings Bank (at hfshuk.50megs.com)
    Hallmark Trust Finance

Cell Phone: (649)244-3967
    Brian F. J. Trowbridge — Partner

• Re
    Redbones Sep 19, 2015

I have a dispute about the way, they got my bank to refund them, 29. 95 out my account, and then first commerce in Tallahassee :), also deduct 29.99, and mame it so bad, saying they had proof, with all my information, which I never finish application, somehow the bank tool my money, I can't first commerce credit union, would go against customer, then claim I authorize and bank print out the informatio, , and mailing it out to me, and horizon has all my information, never apply online and apply for a horizon credit card, not it a scam to get people to apply and dont had a card you have to purchase product from their store, so after first investigate the dispute, I end up paying the bank and them, for a card I don't have, how horizon ridge up information on me, for a card never got finish and wasn't authorize, I guess bank and horizon, need money, the price, I had to pay.

stay away from this card!

On May 08,2017 I signed up online for a Horizon credit card which to my knowledge I would be getting a master or visa card. I waited almost two weeks for it to arrive in the mail. In the mean time the company had immediately taken 86.99 out of my checking account. I was absolutely disappointed when my card had arrived and I soon realized I could only use it on the computer!!! When signing up I was never explained that!!! With out a doubt I will never refer anyone to this card!!! Do not use it!

Jackie

• St
    StatisticalConsumer Feb 25, 2009

This is the actual email I sent to these Yahoos - I have NEVER filed a complaint against any company. Like many others I not only feel deceived, but stupid. I consider myself to be a somewhat intelligent person. They sent me an email after I cancelled this card wanting to make sure I had 100% satisfaction...WOW!

Oh, so glad you finally sent me an email (never received the one I was told I
    would receive when submitting this application) Once realizing what this card
    was actually about and then doing research online, the ONLY contact information
    I could find for your company was off of compliant websites. Most felt deceived
    as I did. I would not recommend you advertise on CREDIT CARD websites as this is
    not truly what this is. I can get a Fingerhut card and do the same thing.

I found a customer service contact number within the responses from your company
    regarding the several hundred complaints and called immediately yesterday after
    realizing the confirmation email was not coming through. I tried to call, but
    your offices were closed. NOT a convenient thing when dealing with a "credit
    card".

I called this morning and talked to a CSR who drilled me for questions on why I
    wanted to cancel. Not just asked, DRILLED. Isn't one reason good enough? Once I
    got past her, she then transferred me to a supervisor who asked me the SAME
    questions again, yet pushed even harder to get me to keep the card. My reasoning
    was still the same even after reading her script. I was disappointed at the
    beginning of the call, but angered at the end. Once she realized that I was not
    going to bite, she then turned somewhat nasty, her tone was very short on the
    phone and barely got through the word "Thanks" before hanging up the phone.

I was refunded and this card was cancelled, thank goodness, but what I endured
    to get there was not at all what one should experience when attempting to build
    credit back up. Not everyone lives beyond their means, some have tragedies in
    their lives which force them to get into debt, possibly file bankruptcy and have
    to start all over from less than square one. Don't assume everyone is a deadbeat
    and certainly don't treat them like one.

You may want to make your contact information available without needing to log
    on to your site. People MAY just call ahead of time to get the information they
    need to make an educated decision. It also MAY field some angry applicants who
    have decided maybe this card was the wrong choice. Considering I filtered
    through MANY complaints about your company prior to finding a customer service
    number to call did not help in your attempt to save a customer.

complete scam!

I just got in the mail this scamming companies ad. Its all too bad that the FTC does nothing to keeping these credit predators in check. TIP: To raise your credit, 3 credit cards no more no less, pay off all 3 every month so another words live within your means. Every month you do that, when reported to the credit agencies, you get an increase in you FICO score. Car loans do nothing for you until you pay it off. They are a scam too. Student loans lower your score no matter what. Pay them on time though or ask for deference’s or forbearances. You can in big trouble with them. Any medical you should make sure never get into your credit report. Home loans do wonders for credit. Pay off you student loans and your cars with home loans. Its cheaper and results in a better scoring when they get paid off. Again make sure you can afford it. Stay away from any credit card company that claims to report. Have them prove it and fully. Some companies only report certain information which can actually hurt you. Orchard bank and Household Finance are two great companies if you have bad credit and want to restore your credit. To learn more go to: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/Books/ and get all the books. You will be amazed what federal laws protect your good name.

sandra benson May 27, 2007

I am with everyone else i was ripped off by Horizon Gold and intend to get my money back

• Me
    melissa Sep 11, 2007

I too was ripped off by Horizon Gold. I noticed right away that $79.95 was taken out of my acct 5 mins later after signing up, then I noticed that the site wasn't that descriptive and as I did more and more research I came about a list of sites with complaints about them. Right away I tried to call them and all I received was a busy signal, I called them about 10 different times and each time a busy signal, so I decided to call my bank, I told my bank that the company was a fraud and that I needed the charges reversed, they were glad to do so and they are now sending me a new card and closing the old one so that the company cannot charge my acct anymore. I advise anyone else to call their banks and do the same if you haven't already done so...ask for a dispute and tell them the company's a fraud, otherwise you never know, Horizon Gold.. if you get a hold of them, may tell you they'll credit you but may not actually do so, best bet is to call your bank.

ROBIN LYNNE COLLINS Oct 02, 2007

I got this postcard in the mail the other day and found out that this was too good to be true. Now I went to the website and reading all the compliants and it is such a scam. Don't even try this company because it will be nothing than a heartache. My postcard is now shedded.

MARCUS Mar 13, 2008

THERE ARE 2 PAGES. THE FIRST ONE YOU ENTER YOUR APPROVAL CODE AND EMAIL ADDRESS. THE 2ND PAGE YOU ENTER YOU DEBIT CARD AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. THEY ARE FALSE ADVERTISING BY PLACING A PICTURE OF A MASTERCARD AND A VISA CREDIT IN WHICH THEY DO NOT SHIP OUT... THEY ONLY GIVE YOU THESE SUCKY CARDS THAT YOU CAN ONLY USE ON A WEBSITE PROVIDED BY THEM... BE ADVISED.. DO NOT WASTE YOUR 79.95 ON THAT.. DO NOT GET MISLED..

• Po
    porsha Oct 06, 2008

ANYONE I ADVICE YOU TO NEVER GO TO TRIDENTSOLUTIONSLLC.COM THEY RIPPED US OFF FOR 300 HUNDREDS DOLLARS THAT WE HAD BORROW PLEEEEEEASE REPORT ALL SCAMS SO THEY CAN BE STOP. I HAVE A HORIZON AND THEY HAVE ### PN THERE WEBSITE...

• Id
    iday0916 Dec 10, 2010

ANYONE STUPID ENOUGH TO NOT LOOK UP ANYTHING YOU BUY OR RECEIVE IN THE MAIL, OR E-MAIL I AM SORRY TO SAY AND FORGIVE ME BUT DESERVES TO GET RIPPED OFF! ENOUGH SAID.

cancellation never happened

To whom it may concern,

I had signed on for this card, thinking that it was a major credit card. Well, after discovering that it wasn't I waited a little bit and then called in January to have the card cancelled. The lady on the phone offered me a free month if I would just check out there store website again. I did so and then called back 17 days later and said "not interested" please cancel the card and the gentlemen on the phone said no problem... I since then have gotten a withdrawal on checking account for there monthly fee and I called this morning to talk to the supervisor and complain to him about getting that fee put back in my account. He told me he is sorry and can't do that because that fee is for last month. However, I had called and asked this account to be cancelled therefore there should have never been a charge to begin with. He again told me he could not issue a refund because this was for last month. Again I had called before last month and asked the card to please be cancelled. What can I do or complain to now about this company. I do believe this company to a be somewhat "scamful" in what they do to there customers and how there customer service policy is. Thank you for you time. I no longer have my membership ID because after calling in January to cancel the card I threw the card out so you should be able to get all information from my last name.

• Je
    Jeremiah Sep 13, 2007

I WANT MY MONEY NOW!!! MONEY IS EVERYTHING!!! GIVE ME MY MONEY OR I WONT PAY TAXES...
    I WILL TELL THE WHOLE WORLD NOT TO WORK FOR YOU EVIL SCAMFUL HUMANS!!!

• Gr
    GREATEST Sep 13, 2007

THIS IS THE GOVERNMENT FAULT!!! THEY TAKE Every Penny!!!

• Mj
    M Johnson Jan 02, 2008

I was ripped off by this company and I will do what it takes to get my money back.

Gary Feb 26, 2008

My wife receive this horizon gold card in the mail last night. Since im a goggle freak i googled horizon gold fraud just to c who these people really are and if there has been any complaint against them needless to say i came upon this website. There's too much complaint against them so i ripped it up for her. I did a little research on them and this is for the people who have ben scam, here goes. Horizon gold address is 1707 Warren Road Indiana, PA 15701 US. Guess who also resides at this address too, Reliant Holdings Guess who owns horizon gold www.reliantholdings.com and there phone #7244656075 this website was created on 12-Apr-2005 the email associated with the website is [email protected]tholdings.com www.thehorizonoutlet.com Record created on 03-Feb-2006. they havent been in the bussiness long enough in my opinion