Worldremit.comunauthorised credit card charges

O Review updated:

I had never heard of WorldRemit before I saw transactions on my credit card...On the 27th Feb 2017, I noticed 3 transactions in a row, all for identical amounts, $190.49 each. This is an account linked to a card that is always held in a secure protected sleeve. The account very rarely uses the card as it mainly relies on cheque book. I am the only card holder and admin. I knew immediately that I had not done these transactions and looked up WorldRemit, contacting their chat line. As soon as I told them what I had found they suggested fraud and to contact their fraud email. I cancelled the card and contacted them, giving them the details. They responded this morning admitting that my card number was used for these fraudulent transactions and they were sorry but they had released the money so could not refund me!!! Tell me if I am on another planet? I am a business owner and know about business ethics. They are one of the largest money transfer companies and I can NOT believe they are not taking responsibility to refund my money...I DIDN'T spend it or send it! So, no wonder they are such a large company...taking money off anyone and not caring. I have added photos of the chat and the email they sent me. I truely believe they are obliged to give me a refund!

• Updated by opalbin · Mar 07, 2017

Just wanted to add the WorldRemit Fraud Reference number F1706500312

• Su
    Sueingyou Sep 22, 2019

Woke up to my whole paycheck gone, fraudulent debit from WorldRemit. Called my bank and World Remit. Praying it gets returned... Never heard of this company, but from the comments this is not a new issue. Time for judicial action.

• Pj
    pjd412 Aug 30, 2019

OK, they responded to my e-mail to [email protected] with EXACTLY the same e-mail that opalbin got. In other words, they just sent me some old boilerplate chat to shoo me away. The e-mail did not even have a case number or the name of a real person working on this issue! I responded with an e-mail requesting an actual human contact who can tell me EXACTLY what information about me the thief submitted to WorldRemit to set up the account, so I can take measures to protest myself from this identity theft.

• Pj
    pjd412 Aug 27, 2019

I just discovered that I had exactly the same thing happen to me her in the USA - six transactions in a row from my Credit Union Debit/MasterCard on 23 August 2019 - four in a row for $121.95 which drained my checking account and triggered an overdraft protection transfer fee followed by two more for $120.90 right after my account was replenished by my paycheck! All through this WorldRemit Ltd. of London which I have never heard of!

My credit union will refund me and send a new debit card. I also sent an e-mail to WorldRemit fraud department where an auto-reply said they would get back to me in "3 to 5 working days" What is going on here? I've been robbed of $746.18 counting the fees. It would seem to me that such a international transfer service would require all the same rigorous proof-of-identity requirements as a bank account. Are these thefts an inside job at this company?

• Ji
    JimDav22 Aug 23, 2019

Same thing happened to me today. Never hear of them before but suddenly Ive got a number of payments going out of my account to them. Thankfully my bank have refunded the money but still have no idea how this happened. As apparently the transaction were carried out via the secure VISA Payment process. Its funny. I get Visa constantly blocking genuine transactions because they suspect fraud and this causes my business considerable headaches but the first time they get fraudulent activity on my account they let it through unquestioned.

• 1d
    1dopebloke Sep 27, 2018

Same exact thing happened to me today. Never heard of World Remit n certainly don't send money to Ghana.