Having problems with WorldRemit?

WorldRemit reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 31, 2012. The latest review No transaction number, no confirmation - this case is urgent! was posted on Apr 8, 2021. The latest complaint m-pesa service was resolved on Oct 25, 2019. WorldRemit has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 181 reviews. WorldRemit has resolved 15 complaints.

WorldRemit Customer Service Contacts

1888 961 4869 (United States)
+44 207 148 5800 (United Kingdom & Rest Of The World)
+1 888 772 7771 (USA and Canada)
+61 261 452 161 (Australia)
+64 98 871 710 (New Zealand)
+32 25 884 464 (Belgium)
+45 78 792 981 (Denmark)
+41 435 086 414 (Switzerland)
+65 31 590 808 (Malaysia & Singapore)
2nd Floor, 62 Buckingham Gate

Japan
Ark Mori Building 12F, 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-6012

WorldRemit Complaints & Reviews

Apr 08, 2021

WorldRemit — No transaction number, no confirmation - this case is urgent!

Yesterday, I went online and sent money to kenya which is required urgently by a family in kenya to move back...

WorldRemitPayment Not processed

I have sent money - 2 different transactions. I do this every month . Every now and again they withhold funds for no discernable reason. This time around they have asked me to verify the ID of the recipient, after I had already sent the money! the recipient of coz lives thousands of miles away in another country! I can verify my own ID no problem beggars belief why the recipient surely cannot verify their own ID at point of service. WR has then held the payment and so far have said i cannot cancel it as it is under review. I have gone ahead and cancelled it in my account but they will take 24hrs to APPROVE cancellation request. Disgusting. My recipients do not have the means or sophistication to take pictures of their IDs and send them as their reps were saying can easily be done. WR do not marginalise the communities you purport to serve.

WorldRemitaccount disabled

I have been using World Remit to send to family and friends for some time now in Nigeria and all of a sudden they disabled my account for security reasons. They charged my credit card and failed to send to to my recipient, I'm still waiting for my refund. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS COMPANY? case # [protected]. No one is scamming me. Is it because its going to Nigeria?

WorldRemitThe service

I sent my bank statement already but still they're asking again I sent it by mail one week ago

The service

WorldRemitMoney transfer

Made a transaction on the 14th of March 2021. It failed, but the money was still taken from my bank account. This was due to a delay in getting a text message from my bank in order to complete the transaction.
        When going to contact Worldremit i soon discovered all routes to contact are blocked unless you have a transaction number or case number.
        I can't get a transaction number as the transaction isn't showing up on Worldremit due to it failing, and can't open a case without a transaction number, so left in limbo. Hence the compaint

WorldRemitRegurding cancellation

I am not happy with a service at all I have been used WorldRemit for the past 5 years ago I never had any issue but since last two weeks I started hate the service I sent the money to tanzania did not go thru then I received an email asked me if I can provide ID from the guy I sent the money to than I made phone call spoke to one of stuff told him I want to cancel and refund my money back cause there's no way I can send ID the guy told his already asked for cancellation but I didn't hear anything from it than I made another phone call tell them about cancelling and refund my money said the same they have requested for cancellation waitting for responding the funny thing today I received another email with red note said I still have to provide an ID even tho I want refund back this is unacceptable cause if they asked my ID I could understand but someone else ID and you guys holding someone money because need to provide ID while already said I won't be able to provide then still holding my money for almost 3 weeks now is this fair to do this

Regurding cancellation

WorldRemitAm I need of help immediately

My name is Yasiin Mohamed Ali, I sent money more than a month ago to Kenya to Abdi Ali Dubow the money was on hold they asked me for receivers Id card, I sent them but still my money is on hold I asked them to cancel the transaction and refund the money still I did not get any money or the help I needed every time I call customer service someone promises to cancel the transaction but nothing is done

WorldRemitTransaction [protected] not refunded

I Sent CAD 85 to Colombia on February 3th. After three days it wasn't paid to the person I sent the funds, so I decided to cancel the transaction on Feb 6th. at today February 24th I didn't receive my money back. I called several times to their customer service and they tell me that the problem will be solved in 24 hours but three weeks after I don't have a solution for this.

WorldRemitMoney transfer. Worldremit enquiry reference no: [protected]

WorldRemit Enquiry reference Number:[protected]
                I transferred money to pakistan for my dad.Initially he was unsuccessful to receive after many attempts going to designated bank. Afterwards I requested to cancel the transaction and have amount refunded. Even after all the promises over the phone enquiries I have not received back the amount. I like and appreciate the WorldRemit services. I want to resend the new transaction to my dad as badly needed for his medications etc but can not do so unless I receive previous money back. They keep promising over the phone but that is not enough. Appreciate for your help. Tanweer Ghumman

WorldRemitTransfer delay and miscommunication

Have issues with worldremit - tried to do a transaction on feb 11 to support a cousin of mine to prepare for exam 12th grade in india - so I send money directly to brilliant pala study centre. The transaction has not been processed yet being on 17 feb. The girl has missed the classes at the centre as a result of the transaction not being processed till now. There was no communication whatsoever from world remit to myself about the insufficient details. I am hereby requesting compensation for the delay in the transaction. I will be taking it further
                  World remit is a miserable company and [censored]ing useless
                  Poor management and directions

Preeti Kamalan
                  Case No: [protected]

Feb 08, 2021

WorldRemit — Transfer of money

I have attempted to transfer a small amount of money to a recipient in Uganda in an area where people are...

WorldRemitTrying to find out what happened with money transfer i made this morning, and it looks like it there is a phantom transfer matching the first one.

I have tried to call and talk with someone, but that apparently isn't happening, and it is costing me big dollars. Now if one of you think you can act like a grown up and talk to me, call me at [protected] and I hope you do it soon, but from what I am seeing here in the complaint dept, there are over 150 others that you have had issues with and they can't seem to find someone to talk to either. Now I need to speak with someone immediately because the way it is it is taking way too much money out of account. That may have happened when I was doing the transfer because when I hit pay, it come back as order placed and I waited and waited and waited and it never said it was processing, and now my bank says basically it has tied up over 800.00 from my account. I need someone now...

WorldRemitTransactions not received

I was in kenya recently and transfered money to a friends account and at least 2 of these transactions have not been received. The kenyan police have been informed and I have to send a statement to them. I am not sure which transactions were not received but these are the numbers of the suspect ones: [protected] [protected] [protected] [protected]. The police seem to be aware who has done this and are hoping to make an arrest but I dont know if they will succeed. Will I get my money back.

WorldRemitRefund

Hi,
                        I sent a payment from worldremit to India but they said it's void and there's some issue. Afterwards, I cancelled the payment and asked them to refund the money they said it will take 7 working days which they already took and after that it's 10 days happened now. Still, I didn't got any satisfactory answer from them they just say their finance team will contact but no one does. I am frustrated I don't have money.

Dec 30, 2020

WorldRemit — Impossible to contact you!!!

I attempted to make a money transfer earlier today and I input a new credit card. Once that happened all...

WorldRemitMoney transfer

November 4 2020 I sent $156.18 (WorldRemit transaction #[protected]) Worldremit case number [protected]. This money has not been received. I complained to Worldremit to refund my money and they said that it is irrecoverable. This is stealing just like Ismail Ahmed exposed at UN before he opened Worldremit. I want my money back.

WorldRemitCancelled transaction and closed account

They sent me an email stating my identity had been approved.
                            Took the money from my account but the transaction was on hold for too long.
                            When I chatted with customer service he assured me my documents were good and the transaction would go through within 10 minutes
                            Then I get another email indicating they've cancelled my transaction/closed my account and that they don't have to provide a reason BUT I could have to wait up to 21 days for them to refund MY money.
                            Terrible terrible service

WorldRemitDouble charges

Their website malfunctioned and requested I re enter my debit information. Then it proceeded to charge me two times for the same transaction. They refused to acknowlage the error was on their end and I am having to call my bank to cancel the transaction. I called, emailed and chatted and was told I should have checked my bank before doing waht their website said and re entered my information.

World RemitTransfer of funds overseas

I try to use the to send funds to students in a Bible College in Nigeria. They turned it down - no reason and closed my account. I wonder if it's Muslim controlled and part of the persecution of Christians in that country.

Their rejection: We're sorry to inform you that we've made the decision to cancel your transaction and close your account.
                                This means that we've cancelled your payment. In the majority of cases, it should appear in your account within 2-3 working days but it can take 7-21 days depending on your bank/card issuer.
                                There are a number of reasons we may need to close a customer's account: we may have concerns over security or feel that there's been a breach of our terms and conditions. Sometimes, a customer simply has more than one account to their name.
                                We're not legally able to tell you the exact reason for each closure, but we always aim to stay balanced, fair and safe when reviewing our transactions - so if you think we've made the wrong decision, we'd love for you to get in touch.

WorldRemitHolding $6000

My name is Patrick Vye. I am the President of Seamair LLC. On 7 Sept I attempted to send two $3000 transactions to South America. The money went from Santander bank to WorldRemit on 7 September 20. The money was never sent to South Africa. WorldRemit closed down my account and as of 11 Sept 20; I still have not received the money back. How do I report this criminal activity and assist with the prosecution of this company? I, and my company, stand ready to help.

Sincerely,