Woolworthsmanager at kogarah woolworths

O Review updated:

I was just checking to see if Woolworth's had my eyeliner in stock and they didn't so I proceeded to leave, before being abruptly stopped by a middle-aged lady wearing a black cardigan, blond hair, possibly a manager. She then accused me of stealing a can of red bull I was clearly drinking before walking into the store. I felt extremely attacked by this woman as she made me open my bag and put her hands inside and has a bit of a 'rummage' around. Upon seeing that I had nothing stolen, she went on to say that I had to declare everything that was sold at Woolworth's in my possession - including a bottle of water that was from Coles. I was extremely offended and dumbfounded and as I was leaving the store, she yelled out after me, "It's people like you who steal". This comment left me feeling extremely outraged as I obviously had not been stealing and continued to publicly humiliate me. Hopefully some action will be taken against this because this hasn't been the first time I've witnessed her treat a customer this way.

• Pe
    Pete repeat 64 Dec 28, 2021

I find the kogarah store okay maybe they should try Rockdale plaza or the pathetic one @ jannali that doesn't have anything! My old corner shop stocks more than jannali and that's a fact!!!

• Pe
    Pete repeat 64 Dec 28, 2021

You guys think kogarah store is bad?? Try Rockdale plaza or worse Woolworths @ jannali! It's pathetic!!!

• Nu
    Nurse Mature Dec 17, 2021

Today, at check out a lady name "Binitha" looks like nepalese, was very rude bad attitude. I was at the self check out till and got stuck because I had a gift card purchase. The tone and her body language was like I dont want to be here, not even smiling. I wonder if these people have any customer service training provided before starting the job.

No wonder with the above comments, if the manager is racist bully then subordinates will be worse. I hope the management is reading this comment and takes action.

• Tu
    Tumeke Jun 10, 2021

Yes, I have felt racially profiled and targeted with overzealous checking of my Aldi shopping bags there recently. I won’t step foot in the place ever again.

• Rd
    RD2303 Oct 18, 2020

I know who you are talking about. That lady in black cardigan still works there and yes she is the customer service manager. She is rude, disrespectful and carry racial hatred. I just experienced it recently.

JanSol1234 Aug 05, 2016

Wow, this is horrible and I am so sorry. If anything like this ever happens again (and I hope it doesn't) make sure you inform them that they are allowed to look in your bag but they under no circumstances are allowed to touch it. This is in fact illegal and against the stores policy. The stores policy also states that you are not allowed to accuse someone of stealing unless they are 100% certain you did. Definitely not right what she did and I can guarantee you that this is NOT what Woolworths teaches their staff to do

• Rd
    RD2303 Oct 18, 2020

@JanSol1234 Woolworths has more than enough money to bend all the policies and that’s what they do at all times.

Comment Guidelines