Woodforest National Banktheft/fraud

This bank is as shady as they come! Not only do they charge outrageous fees, but they don't provide enough information when you get your e-statements to see what some of the transactions were for. When you email them to find out more information about the transaction, they charge you $2.00. It is a vicious cycle with this bank. But the kicker is... I bank in san antonio at the woodforest branch in wal-mart on se loop 410 and rigsby—and the manager took $50 out of my account without giving me any kind of notice. I pulled up the trasaction record for may 5, 2009—and the scanned copy of the debit was signed by the manager and the memo for the transaction only stated "xfer to proper account". This led me to believe that they had accidentally made a deposit that was supposed to be for another customer into my account. I pulled up my transaction history, and no $50 deposit was ever placed into my account by the bank. They stole $50 from me. When I went to the branch in person to get more information about the transaction (On several occasions) the manager was always "unavailable". I went to a different branch to see if anyone there could help me, and one of the other branch managers told me "very secretively" that it looks like the manager "improperly took the funds". I asked her to please conduct an inquiry into the transaction to help me get the $50 deposited back into my account, and she said she would "take care of it. " after 4 weeks of waiting and not seeing my money, I went back to the manager who said she would help me (At the wal-mart branch on jones-maltsberger in san antonio) and she acted like she had never spoken with me. She pretended to not know anything about my situation. These people are very, very shady. The customer service is awful. When you go into a branch to make a straight cash deposit, they treat you like you have to "qualify" just to put your cash in your bank. A straight deposit should never take 5 minutes. They are pulling up screen after screen, scratching their heads like they've never seen a straight cash deposit for $500. Needless to say, i've closed my account and now bank with wells fargo. I banked at woodforest national bank because it was close to my house, and I shop at wal-mart at least once a week. I thought it would be convenient, but did not realize I would be stolen from. I never did get my money back. Avoid these deceptive people at all cost.

RESOLVED

• Wi
    wifi8827 Jan 07, 2013

they are associated with one of the scummiest companies on earth (Walmart), so what do you expect.

• Sc
    Scotty Simson Jan 07, 2013

I was one of the first to sign with Woodforest Bank in my town of Summersville, WV. Wonderful people. Never had a problem. At least until yesterday. I needed help from customer service. I couldn't understand the person on the other end of the "Boomba Cloy Rass Kleet Phone Mon".
    I am a devout supporter of the United States and providing jobs to US citizens, not outsourcing to foreign countries.
    I'm done with Woodforest Bank, Especially after the friendly branch manager insisted that they don't outsource to foreign countries. We have a small local bank that I think I will go to tomorrow.

• Ra
    Ravenray Jul 01, 2011

Woodforest routes their calls first to a Jamican call center (main call center in the slums of Jamica run by a third party)then if they are no help to the customer transfer it to the US call center ( run with a skeleton crew). They also outsource their billpayments which is why they cannot guarantee if it will be sent electronic or check. These are just two of the weak points they have were customer info could be compromised.

• Pa
    Pabrown210 Mar 24, 2011

I also banked at Woodforest in San Antonio at the Wal-Mart @ De Zavala. The service was horrible and fees for everything. My account was victim to id theft and after asking them to close the account they refused. The fees just kept piling up... Never again. Thanks Chase!

• Woodforest Customer Service Mar 21, 2011

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at [protected]. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

• Te
    texas71 Mar 20, 2011

This bank is as shady as they come! Not only do they charge outrageous fees, but they don't provide enough information when you get your e-statements to see what some of the transactions were for. When you email them to find out more information about the transaction, they charge you $2.00. It is a vicious cycle with this bank. But the kicker is...I bank in San Antonio at the Woodforest branch in Wal-mart on SE Loop 410 and Rigsby--and the manager took $50 out of my account without giving me any kind of notice. I pulled up the trasaction record for May 5, 2009--and the scanned copy of the debit was signed by the manager and the memo for the transaction only stated "Xfer to proper account". This led me to believe that they had accidentally made a deposit that was supposed to be for another customer into my account. I pulled up my transaction history, and NO $50 deposit was ever placed into my account by the bank. They STOLE $50 from me. When I went to the branch in person to get more information about the transaction (on several occasions) the manager was always "unavailable". I went to a different branch to see if anyone there could help me, and one of the other branch managers told me "very secretively" that it looks like the manager "improperly took the funds". I asked her to please conduct an inquiry into the transaction to help me get the $50 deposited back into my account, and she said she would "take care of it." After 4 weeks of waiting and not seeing my money, I went back to the manager who said she would help me (at the Wal-mart branch on Jones-Maltsberger in San Antonio) and she acted like she had NEVER spoken with me. She pretended to not know anything about my situation. These people are very, very shady. The customer service is awful. When you go into a branch to make a straight cash deposit, they treat you like you have to "qualify" just to put your cash in your bank. A straight deposit should never take 5 minutes. They are pulling up screen after screen, scratching their heads like they've never seen a straight cash deposit for $500. Needless to say, I've closed my account and now bank with Wells Fargo. I banked there because it was close to my house, and I shop at Wal-mart at least once a week. I thought it would be convenient, but did not realize I would be stolen from. I never did get my money back. Avoid these deceptive people at all cost.