Having problems with Woman Within?

Woman Within reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 16, 2009. The latest review Refund not received was posted on Jul 26, 2021. The latest complaint Deceitful pricing policy was resolved on Sep 01, 2020. Woman Within has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 131 reviews. Woman Within has resolved 24 complaints.

Woman Within Customer Service Contacts

1800 228 3120 (Customer Service)
800 3388 1111 (United Kingdom)
1800 3399 0000 (Australia)
+1 915 225 4971 (International Shipping)
+1 866 776 9859 (Problems With Payment)
One New York Plaza
Thu5:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Woman Within Customer Service. Initial Woman Within complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Woman Within above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Woman Within. Discuss the issues you have had with Woman Within and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Woman Within Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

WomanWithinTerrible service!

I've ordered several pieces of clothing from www.womanwithin.com and everything I received was too small. I contacted customer service and they said that I need to send everything back if I want to get a refund. I told that I would like to get a replacement for a bigger size but they said that they don't do replacements. So I agreed for a refund.
I sent everything back and later they contacted me and said that they received everything and will issue a refund within 3-5 days. When I got them money I found out that was $30 missing.
When I contacted WomanWithin again they said that was a restocking fee!! Okay, I understand everyone has their rules but was it so hard to tell?
Terrible service!

WomanWithinExtremely disappointed!

Back in December I made my first order with WomanWithin and received my stuff in reasonable time. I was very happy about my purchase, because everything fit perfectly and quality was really good. In mid January I decided to order something again. Since my first order was a success, I never expected anything bad to happen. So, in mid January I made my second order. I had ordered my regular size, but what I received was extremely tight! So I contacted their customer service and asked for a replacement. They asked me to send everything back and told that I'll be getting my items in two weeks. I sent everything back and even paid some extra for shipping, and guess what, I never received anything! It is now March and still nothing! So disappointed!

WomanWithinCompany itself

I this ad on a website regarding clothing for woman so I decided to give it a try, Big Mistake. I applied for a credit card and was approved, so I ordered a pair of boots. When I received them, one they were too big, cheaply made and not even leather, so I sent them back the same day I received them and sent an email to close my account after reading all the reviews regarding this company. I've already been scammed from another company on a website so I'm very angry. Yesterday I received a bill from this company for 19.00 and some change for shipping and handling of this item, which one they never told me I had to pay in the beginning. I am not paying this charge, nor did they follow my email to close my account asap. Unfortunately I don't have my emails because I deleted them but I have a witness I sent them. I believe it was in March this all took place. Please help me resolve this issue, thank you

Woman WithinUnauthorized transaction on my credit card

Please, do not support this company by purchasing their clothes!
        Woman within charged my credit card exactly $50.00. I didn't even know this company before! My bank couldn't do anything about it so I called and emailed them several times.
        I talked to several people on the phone, who asked for my name and confirmed that there is no order under my name or my address. I was forwarded 3 times. Finally I talked to some service guy who asked me for my name and address again (I got pretty angry) so I told him my old credit card number (i had to change it anyways) and suddenly there appeared an order under MY name, which was for a gift card. In the end, I got my money back. But the whole process is just ridiculous.
        This company is making a lot of bad money. So please do not trust them!

Womanwithin.comI'm very upset and disappointed.

I had ordered six shirts from this site. But I returned the entire order. Well, one shirt I didn't like, because the color was too bright. The other five were pretty cute, but too small. I asked a refund for the first item and an exchange for five other shirts. I filled out the exchange form and shipped everything back. But I never received an email or a call from them about my return. I made about 10 calls to their customer service. And every time I was told they'll call me back later. Several weeks later I called again and customer service told me they refunded me the whole amount. I was told they completely forgot about the exchange and asked me to reorder. When I checked their website, I realized all five shirts I liked were out of stock. I'm very upset and disappointed.

Womanwithin.comNo customer support

I made an order and when it arrived the sizes were much different than sizes I purchased. So I returned the whole order the same day. I paid $8 for normal shipping, but they charged almost $30 for expedited shipping. This meant the return was $30 less than I paid. I sent them an email asking for a refund. They told I ordered the expedited shipping, so there was nothing they could do. This was not my first experience with WomanWithin, and I must say their clothing is very good and has great quality, but they always mess up with the sizes. After purchasing you will get a copy of your order, so please check it few times. If something is wrong, contact them immediately! Also be prepared to receive tons of junk mail from them. Well, their clothing is great, but there is no customer support at all. It's very difficult to get a refund from them.

Woman WithinPricing scam

I had items in my shopping cart but noticed there would be an upcoming sale of 50% off instead of the 30% at the beginning of the week and 40% on Black Friday. Since I was shopping for the same items, I knew the prices. When the price increased from 30% to 40% I noticed the final price was still the same. In addition, when the sale increased to 50% off, the final price was the same. What had changed was the original price. They increase it to adjust for the percentage off so the final price point never changes. It is very misleading to the public.

Woman Within — Tunics

I had ordered 8 shirts. Two didn't fit and I didn't like them so I returned them. The other 6 I liked but...

Woman Within/RoamansSame old things in each catalog

I have emailed the company several times about their designs for plus size women and nothing has changed. I was under the impression a business should listen to their customers opinions on the products they purchase. For a petite plus size woman slim pants, scoop necklines and the list goes on don't work!!! Your models in the catalogs are certainly not plus size which tells me that you don't care about "us as your consumers!" The same goes for Roamans, Full Beauty, etc. Listen to what the people who want to purchase quality clothing for plus size women. Just because some of us prefer to shop online from your catalogs shouldn't be a reason to ship us poor quality products. Step up to the plate and really hear what we as ladies who are plus size want to see and wear.
                Chris Dewey formerly a long-time customer

• Al
                    Alejandrina Gargan Sep 21, 2015

I order a swiming suit and I never get, You charge already August 26 2015 27.96 Dlls; please I will like to know how can I do you have my E-mail, I will really appreciated if you can tell me what hapened. Thanks.

Womanwithin.comProblems with size and bad-quality fabrics

I won’t recommend to order from the company www.womanwithin.com. I have ordered two blouses from them, but the problem was the size. I checked the size chart and measured myself, but the sizes were wrong all the time. The sleeves were too short or too long. I didn’t like the fabrics and I returned all blouses, which I bought from them. It wasn’t worth to buy such clothes and waste such sums for such rubbish. Avoid this seller.

Woman Within2 loungers

ionly a smaller size returned them for an even exchange only a size smaller one pkg had'nt even been opened they enformed me a moth later when i called about it that the could;nt exghange and was sending me a check for 13.00 the loungers are 29.99 each i told them to keep it and send me the loungers back and they told me they would not so i loose my money and no loungers every book i received from the these loungers were always the same price of 29.99 they are only paying 6.50 each what a rip off at least they could return the ones i sent back and i would have something for my money

• Wh
                        What's wrong with you? May 11, 2015

You would get more sympathy from me if you were complaining about the education you received.

• Mk
                        MkStItCh May 11, 2015

What language is this written in???

• Nd
                        NDOMBROWSKI Mar 19, 2010

WOMAN WITHIN IS IN THE BUSINESS OF CHARGING UNAUTHORIZED AND EXCESSIVE LATE FEES ON CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS ALTHOUGH THE CUSTOMER HAS PAID IN ADVANCE! THESE PEOPLE ARE COMMITTING FRAUDULENT SERVICES!

Woman Withinpoor business practice

Have been customer for approximately 10 years. Clothing has declined in quality, both fabric and workmanship are poor. Recently sent gift to daughter, who returned outfit due to poor quality and fit. Woman within credited my account for the outfit and I was sent a bill for original S&H ($7.99) as well as additional return fee ($7.50) by company and additional charge of $2.00 by woman within credit division. It ended up costing me $17.49 for NOTHING. I have cancelled my credit card with Woman Within and have tried (unsuccessfully!) to cancel the endless wave of catalogs. The customer service ladies were all very polite but were unable to do more than validate my dismay.

Woman WithinNo notice of payment issue

I have been a Woman Within customer for at least 15 years. But I will give my money to another company from now on. Recently I placed an order, under my long held account, using a relative's credit card, which had a name and address I had used several times in the past. They sent me a confirmation email, ten days later my relative called to say she received a postcard from Woman Within asking her to call. The customer service rep at Woman Within said my order was sent to Customer Protection to verify the credit card, but they sent a card to my relative, taking 10 days without filling the order, as, "there was no email or valid phone number on file." When I asked why I received a confirmation email but no email about a delay, the rep first said no email was linked to the order, and later said their job was to protect the card holder and they did not contact the person who placed the order. When I told him the conformation email was addressed to my relative, he stated "this does not happen." After more discussion, the rep stated no one could order at Woman Within and use a different credit card - regardless of the 15 year account history using the same names and addresses. I have shopped for my relative, using her card and sometimes sending goods to my address, on many sites through the years with no problem. The Customer Protection rep and her supervisor were not apologetic, did not care my order was delayed, and did not seem to care whether I canceled the order or not. I had to ask to make a formal complaint at least 6 times before I was told my complaint about the process would be sent to a customer complaint department. The supervisor kept avoiding my direct question and defending the department's practice, stating my complaints would be "documented in my account." Not helpful. Woman Within has been problematic in the past - I suppose this was my wake up call to quit patronizing a business that cares so little for their customers. A heads up email to say there is a delay in my order would somehow be too effortful or breach security? I canceled my 300.00 order. I will shop with a company that wants my business and values my years of patronage.

WomanWithinwrong order no refund bad service

DO NOT BUY.  THIS IS A REAL COWBOY OUTFIT.

This company has really got a nerve!
                          I ordered a pair of black cycle shorts, they sent a PINK TOP!
                          They said they hadn't received my return although it was sent back immediately with their own return label.
                          When I called customer service they sent my call to their " service" extension, I held for 5 mins and they then cut me off.
                          There return policy states to give it  a few weeks (I forget how many) to receive a refund...but of course they had no problem taking my money... immediately!
                          To add insult to injury I cannot remove myself from their despised email bombardments and will have to drop that particular email address.
                          When I emailed my complaint I got a form letter which did nothing to address the problem ...but was just trying to push more of their lousy merchandise.

• Gr
                              Greg Jul 15, 2009

I placed an order online with WomenWithin for $83.62 for 5 pairs of shorts and 2 tee-shirts. I had to return the shorts because they were to big and this is when the crap began. They received the returned items on June 4th. After many emails to their customer service (hahahaha)trying to get a status on my return and getting cloned messages from them, I got $48.55 deposited in my account today. So, the short of it is I paid $35.97 for 2 tee-sheets that originally cost $8.79 each. The bottom line is WomenWithin turned into one of the worst experiences I've ever had with on-line shopping. Their customer service is virtually non-existant and Lord have mercy don't try to call. That will cause a nervous breakdown. All I can hope is this stops someone else from losing their money and mind. By the way it took almost 3 weeks to get my order to begin with.

Woman WithinPOOR QUALITY / CATALOG ISSUES

[protected]: Woman Within USED to be a good company, selling plus-size quality, attractive clothing at reasonable prices. Over the past 8-10 years, however, they keep sinking to new lows, such as losing the quality of their items and inundating me with their endless catalogs, even though I have repeatedly asked to be "unsubscribed." I'm still fighting that this very day. I have stopped purchasing anything from this store because invariably, the items don't fit, are cheaply made, and/or the quality of the material is almost see-through. One thing I think most plus-sized women would agree upon is that they'd like material coverage when ordering clothing. Most of WW's clothing is imported, but the country of origin is never stated. I have returned so many clothing pieces over the years because I am adamant about purchasing products made in the USA. Almost all ads in their catalog state "Imported." On the last shipment I returned, on the return sheet where they ask reason for return, I wrote in some free space that I would prefer to purchase products MADE IN THE USA.

In the most recent catalog (received 09/01/2012), I did notice that in all their wisdom, honesty, and integrity, Woman Within has now REMOVED the word "IMPORTED" from their clothing descriptions and has given absolutely no information regarding the manufacturers' countries of origin. That action makes me angrier than I have been with them; now it's anyone's guess as to the imported items' countries of origin. I hope this reaches the right people regarding the complaints and all customers who may not have been aware. I think it should be a regulation/law that product manufacturers must state their country of origin - not just "Imported." We have every right to know where our money is being sent. BUYER BEWARE!!

• Is
                                islandgirl51 Jul 16, 2013

Totally agree. Each year the quality of materials and workmanship go down and prices go up (and up). Also, true "plus" sizes are always the higher price, not the promoted price. And lastly, the shipping costs charged are the equivalent of another item of clothing.

Woman WithinTerrible customer service & missing merchandise

I placed an order on August 5. The item was in stock according to the web site. Right after the order was submitted I was informed that it was back ordered and would be shipped on Sept 6. I have called five times since then and have not reached anyone who could tell me why the item was never shipped. Five people including a supervisor claim it is in stock but no one, including the supervisor can determine why it was never shipped. During my last call I was transferred twice and kept on hold for 20 minutes. The supervisor promised to call me back by the next business day. He never called. Customer Service is horrible.

Mary7951 Sep 21, 2012

I ordered something on 9-2-12 it was shipped 9-5-12 it has been lost since 9-8-12. They keep telling me I have to wait until 10-1 for a refund. Are you kidding me? I am out $63. I have shopped with them for years. Customer service is a joke they just don't care. Never again. I am done...

antqlver Jul 03, 2012

I TOTALLY agree - I have done online ordering for the past 20 years and have never come across a company SO DISORGANIZED, with LOUSY customer service and UNFRIENDLY user sites. I am still waiting for an exchange and am being given the run around. Nobody knows what the other departments are doing or have done, etc... The products aren't that great to begin with! The only reason I thought I would give them a try is because the solicited ME with a small credit line. Needless to say, I am already having them remove me from their catalog list as I can't take the frustration dealing with them when I have to call about ANYTHING to do with my orders!!

• Su
                                  sude Apr 07, 2012

I have had the same exact problems with this company in the last couple of years. I will no longer shop with them

Woman WithinDo not order from these people, they are crooks

I made on order on Sunday and realized the order did not qualify for the free products. There is no where on the web site to cancel an order. I emailed customer service immediately. The next day I called and it took me two hours to get hold of someone. They said that since the order was "in Process" they could not cancel it? Doesn't make sense to me. If it has not been shipped-- it should be able to be canceled.

Do not order from these people, they are crooks!

Woman WithinReturn Fees

I grew up with catalog shopping, but I have had the worst luck with this company in the past couple of years & especially of late.. Sizing can be inconsistant and I find I have about a 50/50 chance that what I order will actually fit. This would be merely an inconvenience if it weren't for the shipping and return charges. Recently I ordered some items & half of them had to be returned due to sizing issues. I have now had around $40.00 charged to my account in shipping & return fees for the items that I DO NOT HAVE. I might as well have lit a match to the $40.00. The result would have been the same...nothing to show for it, but I would have had less aggravation. I understand that it costs money to ship items. But when theres only a 50% chance that what you order will fit, I feel like the only way they are making money is by charging you extra for the "priviledge" of being inconvenienced & disappointed. As I said, I grew up shopping from catalogs and I have never had so much trouble with sizing or been charged so much for returns before. Will not order from them or their counterpart Roaman's again.

Woman Within Credit Card — Late Payment Charge When Payment Was Submitted on Their Website the Day BEFORE Due Date

My patience with this company and this family of credit cards is totally exhausted. Every point of contact...

Woman Within - World Financial NetworkCredit card fraud

Completely incompetent company. They stopped accepting online payments, even though I received emails telling me that a payment was made. I've called and called and finally closed the account. THREE WEEKS later they were still harassing me for payment and the online information showed that not ONE payment was credited to my account. People there hang up on me and refuse to transfer me to supervisors so I can talk to someone other than a peon. NEVER EVER shop with them. NEVER EVER get a credit card with World Financial Network. They are thieves.