Wish.com โ€” limited quantity deals is a scam

L Aug 06, 2019 Review updated:

Avoid Wish's "Limited Quantity Deals" it's a click bait scam. I shop from Wish a lot and always looking for cheap pricing and some 3rd party items. When this Limited quantity deal started popping up on my feed, I was blown away. My first couple orders were for 2 cargo pants (different colors), 2 Tablets, a 10pcs Rechargable Batteries set, a mini air conditioner and 2 leather jackets in different colors. I had told a family member about this promotion thinking it was a great deal, so he had asked if I could get him a set of drill bits, a security camera and 2 tablets. So I ordered them for him. Mind you, according to Wish, these are $1 each and $1 shipping.

So the following day, more stuff appeared and I ordered 2 camcorder, 2 Superman Statues and a few other things. Now, I know this is all expensive stuff, but Wish's sellers were offering it for $1. The following day, I noticed my orders started showing "Refunded" I figured...ok, I probably missed the deals on them and they didn't have the quantity. Then, all my orders got canceled and refunded as it states "Seller is unable to fulfill this order". Which was really weird considering all the orders got refunded. So I looked for more deals and the same items I ordered from the sellers, are back listed on Wish's site as limited quantity deals again. So I tried to replace my order keeping it at a minimum of 1 and when I ordered the security camera again it stated "Only 4 Left!". So I waited again and all my orders were getting canceled again.

I wanted to reach out to Wish to find out why (especially with the security camera) but had a hard time with their stupid automated chat system (that does nothing to help by the way). When I finally out smarted their chat system, I sent a message to a customer service agent. I got back a generic answer about how if the seller is unable to fulfill the order, they will refund it and it can take up to 14 days before you receive your refund. So I responded saying that I understand that but how can an item be unfulfilled but at the same time be listed back on the site as if the seller still has the item available? I got another generic message saying the same thing as last time. I wrote back again asking the same question, this time I hot a response saying they are sad to hear I'm having problems with Wish and appreciate the feedback. They will address my concern with the company to help them improve. I wrote back again saying I wanted something done and have yet to hear from them.

So if you see these deals, know that they will never ship (because the sellers think it will only cost $1 to ship but really find out that it's more than that and they just cancel the order). I would avoid this at all cost as it's a scam.

• Updated by letmelive ยท Oct 16, 2019

For all the people saying "fake post, limited 1 per person, that's what it says read" apparently you weren't around when it first started and it didn't have that posted anywhere. The "1st person wins" was just added after they received numerous complaints. Might want to pay attention before replying and know what it is that you are talking about.

• Ot
    Ottomatic Aug 06, 2019

I agree with you, I have made 3 orders with limited quantity items and first 2 orders all of the items were cancelled except one; They actually are sending me one of the limited quantity items. I have yet to receive it but I do have tracking for it. The 3rd order I placed has 4 limited quantity items and all got cancelled. This is a large scam but if my one item shows anything, they may occasionally send one out here and there just to say "see we do it." I may try a few more times since you get all your money back anyways. If I plan on ordering something, just throw $10 worth of $1 items on there and maybe get lucky! Lol.

John Regan Aug 22, 2019

@Ottomatic Jo John Regan 0 mins ago
    You guys are ignorant. Only 1 item is available at the deal price. If you aren't the first person y don't get it. Read the details on things before you scream scam

• Dj
    Djgirard03 Oct 05, 2019

@Ottomatic I just counted how many times I ordered a Limited Quantity Item and it was refunded. 163 times within 5 days.
    163 times!
    I went crazy ordering this stuff thinking I could resell it and make money. You would think I get would get at least 1 item or if 163 times, right? Wrong. EVERY SINGLE ITEM I ordered was refunded.

• Ca
    CatLover Oct 22, 2019

@Ottomatic Go on YouTube and look for The Cheap Chick. She has 8 Wish Limited Quality Haul videos of all the stuff she actually got from this deal. Seems legit. The stuff she got are incredibly expensive stuff. Go check her out.

• Lb
    Lb Diola Oct 25, 2019

@Djgirard03 How many days your refund arrived?

• Me
    ME Nov 13, 2019

@John Regan Yea if you order two security cameras, of course if you’re lucky you’ll get one at that $1 price & have to pay for the 2nd at whatever prize. That’s if you’re the 1st to place the order. I’m sure a lot of sellers hope you’ll buy it anyways. I can’t seem to actually speak to a customer service person. No email address & very little on there website. Not about to dl the app either

Mark.S.S Nov 22, 2019

@Ottomatic You people are really a bunch of morons. If you’d read the notice that always has stated that only 1 item would be purchased per day because of the deal. Not that they have 1 item left. Try reading something before complaining about scams

John Regan Aug 22, 2019

letmelive Oct 16, 2019

@John Regan Details were read, didn't say one thing about the first person winning. That notice wasn't posted until after they received numerous complaints. Pay attention.

• Ro
    Robbie Lee Aug 24, 2019

Its a "Lottery" based system. I have had no trouble refunding as of 9/23. I did get : 1 spiderman full costume, 1 business suit, 1 saudering kit, 3 pairs of shoes, 1 leather jacket, 1 snow jacket and a 12 pack of multi color D and D dice, an MP3 player w bluetooth and a large duffel bag to haul it all in and 2 jogging sweat suits. Thats 14 items for 28 bucks. I think its pretty cool. You just have to get lucky.
    Hope this helps.

letmelive Oct 16, 2019

@Robbie Lee I'm happy you at least won some things. Wish should have been a little more clearer for people in the beginning of this promotion (sale, limited deal or whatever you want to call it). They just actually posted "1st person to purchase gets the deal" came after the complaints. As nice as it sounds, I'll just stick to purchasing the regular price items. I'm glad though to hear you were a lucky buyer to win some items.

Shelly Cameron Jan 18, 2020

@Robbie Lee What time of day was it when you got that lucky and what time zone do you live in? I've been using Wish for a couple years now but stopped logging in daily when I discovered Aliexpress about 8 or 9 months ago. I started using that because they have so many deals that are even better than Wish (if you don't mind the snail mail). Aliexpress does something similar every day too. They have "freebies" items & you can pick 2 items to apply to receive for free per day, all you pay is 1 penny for shipping if you're the lucky winner & you can improve your chances of winning by purchasing items from the app & giving good reviews. I know it's legit because I won a Mini WiFi camera back in October but anyways, the past few weeks I started bouncing between the 2 apps & I don't remember ever seeing LQD prior to the past few weeks. The ones I see are always $.50 per item & $.25 shipping unless "ship to store" is available for that item, it can be at little as $.15 for shipping. I have about $20.00 in wish cash and I keep trying everyday to get lucky but obviously wish has a lot of people doing the same thing which decreases my chances but someone has to win & I always get refunded so I'm gonna keep trying.
    I just keep buying the LQD that I like until I'm out of wish cash & then wait until I've been notified to get my refund & then do it all over again. ๐Ÿ˜†
    I do wish we could get a bulk refunds instead of 1 item at a time but that's really my only complaint.
    People can't expect seller's to practically give their stuff away to a ton of people everyday, it's how they make their money.
    I think this is a pretty smart marketing tactic on their part because it shows that they are selling a lot more than they actually are & that brings in even more traffic.
    I just wanna hear from more people who were lucky enough to be the first to complete their purchase & receive the items so cheap!

MamaBear239 Aug 28, 2019

It clearly states "the first person to have their transaction fully processed will receive the item at that price and all others will be refunded within 24 hours". You might want to learn to READ the big paragraph above the order button that is HIGHLIGHTED to make it clear. I have received TWO pairs of shoes originally listed at more than $20 each for $2!! ($1 Purchase Price & $1 Shipping) as well as an originally $18 Dog Bed for $2! I can personally say this is not a scam, just luck!

letmelive Oct 16, 2019

@MamaBear239 You might want to learn to read. That didn't come until after the numerous complaints. Sounds like you got ripped off on the dog bed since it was $2 and not $1 like the quantity deals normally states. But hey, maybe your just upset because they ripped you off a $1. Next time understand, just because something is there now, doesn't mean it was there from the start.

Shelly Cameron Jan 18, 2020

@MamaBear239 Did you get it all in the same order/same day? What time of day did complete your order/orders?

• Pa
    PaulBiloxi Aug 28, 2019

The question now is, how many people order these "limited quantity" items? While only one item sells Wish has all the money from all the other hopefuls, right? That could add up to an awful lot of money. Do they earn interest from that? Smell what I'm stepping in?

Andrew Floyd Sep 14, 2019

@PaulBiloxi S#!÷ I assume, but all other "hopefuls" get a refund if they weren't first to order, so this isn't relevant. And you may want to order a new pair of shoes.

• Me
    ME Nov 13, 2019

@Andrew Floyd Yea I wonder what shoes he got for the $1 if they are only just more then $20 originally.

• Ah
    A.Hoffman Sep 16, 2019

Clearly states...at the top of the listing...First completed order gets the item at that price!

letmelive Oct 16, 2019

@A.Hoffman Yes, it's there now, not back then.

• Ki
    Kimberly Hardin Sep 17, 2019

I think a win for them is the refunds that you choose wish credit or refunded back to the original payment type in 14 days. I opted for the immediate credit. I am kind of looking at it as a savings account for shopping that I don't have to account for.
    The wish cash insures that they will get the money eventually.

• Fr
    F R 007 Sep 30, 2019

Unfortunately, greed and excitement make people jump to conclusion and write inaccurate and somehow defamatory comments or articles. As others mentioned, it is clear from the comment under each item with "limited quality" that the first person each day will have it. This doesn't mean that there is only one item from the same seller. The seller is offering this price each day for the first order. So there might be tens or hundreds of this item showing up from the same seller each day. This is another marketing method from wish. Probably Wish is subsidising this with coordination with the sellers. Now from a commercial point of view, basically Wish is receiving money from customers in advance without obligation to fulfil the transaction. This is a very clever way to generate cash flow for the company. Imagine thousands of people order hundreds of (1 + 1 USD) items and by the time they get refunded either by store credit or back to their credit cards, the company will have hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars in hand.

letmelive Oct 16, 2019

@F R 007 Yes, it's there now after numerous complaints to Wish that people were getting refunded for items that they thought they actually won. It's not a defamatory comment nor inaccurate, more of an opinion review. Because at the start of this program, they never had "1st person who purchases the item wins". Instead, it would show the item as a normal item with a $1 price tag and it would read "Limited Quantity Deal". When it comes to sellers, it's inexcusable when they have the item listed at this quantity deal, it stays up for everyone else to try, then taken down and relisted again in the same week. Remind you, this was before the disclaimer. A lot of people were upset by this and complained, Wish didn't really have an answer except "We will discuss this feedback with our team". So it falls under a misleading and bad business practice. When they started with the disclaimer, that covers them so everyone is now aware. You maybe on to something with how it works but, Wish needed more time before rolling it out to get the kinks taken care. Now that everything is smoothed out with the Limited Quantity Deal, by posting 1st purchase wins, they covered their butts. If I was the only person to complain, I would agree that maybe it was an overreaction and I didn't do the research. Unfortunately, I was not the only person who wrote something on this and I wasn't the only person to get in contact with Wish about the issue. These things do happen and people tend to be ignorant to the issue when things have been modified by the company to resolve a problem. So the people who initially had an issue before it was fixed and everyone caught on to the fix, get the bad end of the stick. This a lot of people tend to forget.

• Dl
    dlm international Oct 03, 2019

i have had loads of stuff like three solar panels, two mobile phones, two car styerio mp5 players with touch screens and 12 led reverse cameras, led lights an inverter and loads more. it is first come first serve but i dont moan when i have to get countless refunds. put in the order time and it will pay off. no scam just luck of the draw!!!

I am real. I am david from Edinburgh Scotland and NO i dont work for wish. the only thing i wish is that my orders would come through more often lol.

• Pe
    peted78 Oct 08, 2019

528 items bought off the limited items deal and no deals processed. I have 30 pages of "refunded" products . I've tried a multitude of different items and at different times of the day. I'm leaving wish, at least I know that i'll get a product at Vova.

John Bracken Oct 23, 2019

It's click bait pure and simple. I contacted wish after purchasing countless items (100+) and having not been successful once to say I didn't receive my refund and I was informed that if you don't submit whether you want wish cash or money returned via EFT they will simply keep the money because there is only a limited window available in order to request a refund. So I guess there would be 2 questions I have... 1. How many suckers like me have not had a chance or forgot to request a refund therefore forfeiting their money and giving wish money for nothing (I'd suggest there would be a fair few, 100's, 1, 000's 10, 000's of people?) 2. If it was legit, why not just ask for the money once the purchase was successful? I'm sure almost everyone would be happy to make the payment straight away when they were sure they'd be getting the awesome deal. And if the customer doesn't pay in time, then repost the item on the market place for someone else to get the chance at the good deal. Sure the customer that didn't pay in time would kick themself for not paying sooner, but they'd only have themself to blame for that, which people can live with.

Another thought, why no remove the item straight away once the first person has successfully processed the payment and won the item? My guess is because wish wouldn't have the chance to retain countless amounts of ill-gotten funds to earn the short term interest for up to 2 weeks if they did it that way.

Jacques Malan Nov 08, 2019

i won an item, so it is real. although i had to make hundreds of attempts to get it

• Fr
    Fredfidd Nov 09, 2019

I won a tablet yesterday, and today I got refunded..

• Ul
    ultrabextr Nov 11, 2019

I have received 2 of ...a lot lol... of emails saying the orders were processed and so I know it's not a scam. I'm just wondering how soon you get refunded the stuff you did NOT get. It says they'll let you know in 24 hours, and i'm nearing the 48 hour mark and I've only heard about 2. ??? And I'm still keeping my hopes up that I will get more, but know that there's a chance that one of the other billions of shoppers on wish may get it instead ;) A gamble is just that!!! Thanks for any info :)

Shelly Cameron Jan 18, 2020

@ultrabextr The way I see it, It takes a LOT longer to notify hundreds/thousands that they didn't complete their order on time so they can't always notify you within 24 hours but it only takes seconds to contact the 1 person that did complete the order in time so if I happen to be the 1st to complete a LQD purchase, I'll know within 24 hours.
    If I haven't been notified about anything in that time I just go ahead & cancel the item & get my refunds so I can accumulate the Wish cash & try again.

Matt z Feb 05, 2020

You must have lived a really good (or really short) life if getting a full refund is what you call a scam.

• Nb
    Nbahkam Feb 23, 2020

So what time does the LQD starts? May we are late in timing.