Wishfake jewelry

B

Be careful buying jewelry from Wish. They claim that they are selling real silver and gold, but those are lies. It is just a light cheap layer of silver/gold over copper. They have these beautiful pictures on their site, but all the pictures are just stolen from other websites. Do not fall for their cheap priced. Jewelry made of real silver/gold cannot be that cheap, so it is obviously a scam. They make you think your getting a good deal but your being lied to even in the description of the item.They should not be allowed to run a business.

• Ki
    Kim Carlene Marsh Jennings Sep 17, 2020

Wish better not screw with me or they are gonna wish they hadnt..

• Dk
    dkiller357 Aug 22, 2020

The fact is that gold and silver carry an actual monetary price, such as the dollar! if 14 kt gold is going for 36 dollars a gram? then how would it be possible for anyone to sell you 13 gram bracelet for 3 dollars? would you sell dollar bills for 25 cents? of course not! The only way to buy gold for a price thats cheaper than the market is if the seller doesnt realize that the piece is real! I have had pretty good luck buying the bags of costume jewlery from the goodwill for 5 or ten dollars a bag! I can say that 90 percent of the time i find at least one real piece in almost every bag! Sometimes more! Another way to make money is to buy rolls of silver dollars or quarters or dimes from the bank! They do not have time to go through all that change so a lot of times you can find silver dollars which are worth 5 dollars or more, same with dimes and pennies and you cant lose money because if you dont find anything special your not losing anything just time!

• Cl
    Clive Powell Jul 29, 2020

I was also decieve by wish after I saw the post for a 18k gold plate chain just pay shipping. Well after six months and a full refund I finally received item, worn it for three hours and it turn a shade of purple.
    If I had received item before I wouldn't have reorder another one from a different seller. But as we say in Jamaica (It pays to learn).

• Al
    Alison Hasselquist Sep 27, 2019

Also, the best way to get gold for cheap is to go to the antique stores. I got a 14 k gold hummingbird pin with gemstone accents for $5 there. Start going to antique shops. You never know.

• Al
    Alison Hasselquist Sep 27, 2019

I have had some good and bad pieces metal wise. I try to get the jewelry that is presented nicely and has lots of good reviews. I am wondering if any of you have had the gemstone rings tested? I did see the opal comment above, but I am wondering about ruby, sapphire, and emerald. Through a loupe and from what I have studied online, it seems they could be real. However, I am uncertain if they have been treated. I have a nice small Priness Diana ring. I tested the diamonds on my tester and that was a positive. Thoughts on gemstones?

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

My question is about the items that stayed sterling 925 silver. 925 is 92.5$ silver has anyone ever received an item that was supposed to 925 sterling silver and it was not I know and just and fyi to anyone ordering off wish 825 silver is not plated its just not sterling silver quality 82.5% silver so copper will start showing as all silver is mixed with copper period that's how it's made thus that is one property in silver that makes it tarnish so it's not tecnicly fake bit if you don't know the difference 825 silver stamp will eventually starting copper overtime. it's a truthful statement but the sterling silver we are accustom to and we want to keep and never chang colors aside from ha ing to clean as all silver tarnished is "925 sterling silver" and not plated. I mean o have a james avery ring I have to clean the tarnish off all the time it just silver. if it ever say gold or silver filled you don't want it unless your young to paint it with. clear nail polish they fill it so if you get a magnet you cant complain it's fake. if it says silver or gold tone. it's cosmetic. so of that your purpose if not you getting a green finger itchy ears if you have allergy to cosmetic basicly silver and gold tone is what you get at wal-mart and claire it's no biggie just read the fine print don't buy a silver or gold to e wedding ring. I sorry I know alot about jewlery. I would love to have the little free rings and earings that are silver and gold tone for cosmetics bit i'm allergic. I hope this helps someone from making a mistake or helps educate about jewelry. you will under no circumstances find tried 14kt gold on wish unless it's plated at least when I have pulled it up always read decription always use paypal and if you sont loke or its wrong contact suppot you get immediate refund same day as well as if you package but I stres stress use pay pal as if they don't fix it pay pal will refund you money with a simple email. sorry so long just want to be helpful. I like wish i'm not complaining I think alot of people misunderstand exactly what they are getting

• Me
    Merrywidow Sep 20, 2018

Wish is actually pretty good. I have been ordering for a year and have never gotten anything plastic! it says on site, if you read, that gold or silver refers to color. there are items that are not free or $1 that are silver.in the $10-15 range. I took it to a pawn shop, they tested it. real silver and the stone was quartz. ive been wearing it months, and it is just fine. plus, if I lose earrings I have bought at $5, no big loss, no omg moments. just an oh well.
    Do you people really think for free plus shipping you are getting real!
    And honey, if your boyfriend is getting you $1.00 stuff on wish and is over 16, keep looking! us girls do it, but for a guy to gift it! heck no!

Cornelia Sandoval Jan 18, 2021

@Faithfullyyours70 I'm going thru that now!!!

• Ro
    Robin Fitzsimmons Dec 13, 2020

@Merrywidow Amen! I’m a retired jeweler and I buy them for fun. Can’t wear them all the time but sure get a lot of compliments on them! LOL

• Fa
    Faithfullyyours70 Nov 29, 2019

@Merrywidow I bought jewelry to sell from wish and spent hundreds of dollars on what I thought was a deal. It made me look bad when people complained that it wasn't real and got me kicked off a reputable website. That was a horrible feeling. And was very embarrassing. My reputation is ruined now thanks to wish and geek.

• Kr
    Kristina MouseLady Mintmier Aug 05, 2018

did anyone really think they were going to get real silver for a dollar or two?

@BRjr People need to realize this company is FROM CHINA

@Ian Cochran Exactly!! Im not using them nymore. China rules only apply LOL

• Ia
    Ian Cochran Dec 16, 2020

@BRjr It's illegal in America, not China.

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@BRjr I'm sorry I just thought that was a little rude and degrading for you to say to other people that are complaining as if there's some sort a [censored]ing idiot or something because quite frankly I rather [censored] off there all the time and I'm not a [censored]ing idiot I buy ship that $10 I buy should that's [censored]ing free and I'm not stupid but you're insinuating that the people that got jewelry that was not what they expected we're stupid

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@BRjr Whether it's advertised as $1, 000 or as a $1 the point is you're supposed to get what it says it's going to get so yeah when it says is a dollar so what you're still supposed to get this [censored] then it says that you're going to get

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@Kristina MouseLady Mintmier The issue is it doesn't really matter what people think they are going to get or what they're not going to get the issue is that they can't falsely advertise what they're going to sell if they state that they're going to sell a and 95 sterling silver product then you are to receive and 925 sterling silver product it's against the law to state that you're receiving something that you're not getting

• Ka
    Kaylee Diane Farnam Jun 04, 2018

Agreed. I bought a ring on claimed it was 925 silver even s the mark but with a few days of earing i see copper starting to show.

Comments

• Vi
    Vickymavicks Nov 18, 2019

@Kaylee Diane Farnam Same here only two days after wearing it boom it turns to being bronze poor

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@Kaylee Diane Farnam If you scroll farther down there's a huge paragraph where I gave a lot of educational information for people that go on wish to get jewelry so that they know what to purchase and what not to purchase and if they get the wrong

@Kaylee Diane Farnam Request a refund I'll give it to you the same day

• Ra
    Raynham Resident 101 Sep 17, 2017

Agreed. My daughter's boyfriend bought her a "sterling silver" "928" stamped ring from wish.com . When he gave it to her she knew right off it was not sterling. The ring was too lightweight, had no heat conductive properties and was stamped "923". It was plastic. She doesn't have the heart to tell her boyfriend.

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@BRjr I love login to wish and request refund in your money will be credited back

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@BRjr I'm sorry that was supposed to say my uncle is a jeweler

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@BRjr Honestly my uncle was enjoying I've never heard of from 923 so I think that's some [censored] they made up in China and don't by 82 5 either

BRjr Nov 04, 2018

@Raynham Resident 101 It has to be "925" is Sterling silver if it's not 95 sterling silver do not buy it