Winners Readers ServiceTricked into ordering

They have me subscribed to 7 magazines, none of which I would pick up from a newsstand. I have tried to get them send other magazines, but they haven't a list that has any. I already get Business Week, Home Theater, Stereophile, Sound and Vision, and U.S News and World Report from other service as well as Better Homes and Gardens, Readers Digest (large print), Good Housekeeping from another magazine consolodater - United. As well, I have a separate subscription to Cincinnati Magazine and to Readers Digest in the large print edition.

The other magazines I want are Foreign Affairs, Time, Newsweek, PC Magazine (electronic), and Contemporary, These are ones that they told me they had available when the convinced me to try their service. Instead, the sent Motor Trend, 4-Wheel Off Road, Inverview, Car Craft, Mens Journal, Car and Driver, ESPN, Golf Digest, Readers Digest, Spin, and Field and Stream, all magazines that I would never purchase.

How did they get to me? The called and identified me as "the people you get your magazines from." Well, I get my magazines through Readers Service, but I had just been discharged from the hospital after multiple admissions in 2008 and after one-long admission in 2009. I was rather confused with items such as these and thought, on both occasions, that I was talking with the people who sent me the magazines I wanted - Readers Service and NOT United Readers Service. I also didn't exercise the three-day right to cancel, but it was never offered by United Readers Service as well

Proof available as .pdf files.

• Bo
    Bob Carey Sep 28, 2015

They subscribe you to magazines you already get and supposedly prepay for five years at a price that's above the news stand price. Never sent a confirmation of my "order" and won' cancel. What a scam.