[Resolved] Whirlpool Corporation — product complaint - wee760h0ds 30 inch slide-in smoothtop electric range
Purchased Whirlpool WEE760H0DS Smoothtop Electric Range in July 2015. Number of people in household: 2 Age: 65 Called Whirlpool Customer Service to advise them about the Control Panel stainless steel trim (see photo) deteriorating. The trim appears to be some type of plastic material with stainless steel paint or finish applied. The range and specifically the control panel has only been cleaned with soap and water or Weiman SS cleaner & polish. I called Whirlpool Customer Service Department and requested a "No Charge Replacement". The Customer Service Rep was very friendly and helpful. However my "No Charge" replacement request was denied. Whirlpool Customer Service advised this was a cosmetic issue and therefore not covered by warranty. You only have 30 days to report cosmetic issues. Replacement for this panel is $224.50 and Whirlpool offered a price reduction to replace for $187.39. This purchase was over $1700. I am extremely disappointed with the appearance of this panel. The electric range is very nice and exactly what I wanted and needed for the space in my open kitchen area. However this flaw is very noticeable and deters me from buying any other Whirlpool product. Many of my friends and family have seen this flaw and of the same opinion. I have researched and found other individuals have complained about the same type of issue regarding this product and Whirlpool range WEE730H0DS. There appears to be a problem with this panel trim. Whirlpool has replaced the old panel part number (W10547072) with a new part number (W10728516) but Customer Service could not tell me whether the new part perhaps fixed the issue. I hesitate to buy another panel unless this cosmetic issue has been resolved because it could happen again. I am requesting this issue be reviewed beyond Customer Service Department and advise. Model Number: WEE760H0DS0 Serial Number: R52811975 Thank you, Janet Burnett
More Whirlpool Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks!
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective!
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products