Westlake FinancialRepo

D

I am a single working mother of three children. I put down 3, 000 dollars on a car and not even within 28 days my car was repoed.Talk about not having patience then was not allowed to catch the one payment I was behind.

• Yo
    Yoshua Jul 18, 2019

What options do you have to make payments?

• Ra
    Randisnotplayin Mar 26, 2018

Can I give them negative 100 stars, literally having the same trouble as others car was repossessed for unpaid late fee?? wtf?? a late fee that I was never told about when THEY posted a payment a payment to the account late, it was taken from my bank account on time but according to the worker that told me if I was responsible and took care of my obligations I wouldn't be in this situation, ummm my payment was taken from my account the day it was due then you apply it to the account late and then take my car for UNPAID LATE FEES WTF, and workers on the phone so hateful unprofessional, I have no words for how horrible they ALL are, none of them had the same story on when I can get my car back, i was told if i did a money gram i can have my can that same day, if i pay with ATM i have to wait at least 72 hours, so i rush down to get a money gram so i can get the car back today, payment is processed they have my money and still wont release the car, now a different person said i will have to wait 24-48 hours even though my payment was made as instructed. all the workers have ZERO customer service and tact. they are a total nightmare, hd the loan 2 of 3 years and they WILL CALL YOU THE DAY THE PAYMENT IS DUE even if it has been paid just not updated in their system. like WTF all the workers a trash in my book. fraud company get away from them as soon as possible.

Angie Mcdonald Aug 02, 2017

These people just been sued and still doing the same oh [censor] they repo my daughter car 5days for 1 Payment late because of a bank error tried to call and make the payment and they refused straight crooks she only had her car for 2 months why are they allowed to treat people like this

• La
    Ladypink Nov 16, 2016

This company is full for it for real the lie and they don't know how to talk to you at all, , ok I have paid to get my car and have don't all that is need it it been 24hours and still have not got my car, , I have called and talked to the people that have my car they even email and called to see when will my car be released .I have ever heard it going to 1-2 days I'm to the ends for my rope's with them and I only missed one payment really, , I need to find out who I can talk to before.i call a lawyer

angiela_dr Aug 03, 2016

The first word that comes to mind is HORRIBLE! The customer service is awful. They don't seem to know what they are talking about. They do not do what they discuss with you on the phone. The person who was dealing with them sent them a payment almost a week ago to get their car from reposesson. Everyday since then, he has called many times a day to see if he could pick up his car. However, their answer every time was " the paperwork is processing." He called again today to find out after paying $750 almost a week ago, the car was still sent to auction. Paying the $750 was to avoid this happening. He was told on top of all the fees he has already paid, he will now have to pay an extra $400 to get it out from auction. Had Westlake Finanicial processed the paperwork in time, this would not have happened. Westlake Finanical's customers service response to this happening that was, that it was not their problem, he will need to pay the $400. They also said, the paperwork is still not done being processed, he will still not be able to pick up his car. This company is horrible, they are rude, and even if you pay them on time, they screw you over. It's terrible what they did to this person. They are a complete nightmare.

• Pi
    pissedinflorida Apr 15, 2015

My fiancée had a car financed through them. We were going to Wells Fargo and making the payments on time and she was hospitalized. While she was recovering we fell one month behind. We were staying at a hotel. They repoed our car and stole identity information. Since then our daughters bank account has been killed by theft. We had some of her stuff from college, they took it all. We never received a report to claim our property, in fact their report states we were combative and they will not answer calls, even the ones we were making to pay them that payment over the phone. Now they have all of our identity information and her computer, tv and have caused issues that have required us to contact the FDIC and Federal Reserve. They don't only ripoff your car, they steal your identity.

• Pi
    pissed201 Sep 21, 2014

18 days late on my car note for the first time in 2 years and they took my car. But wait until I call they ### assessment Monday morninh6. I put 7000 dollars into my car. SuSure if your ### work for them u a ### just like your job

• Dc
    DCHpissed Aug 04, 2014

This company is rediculous!! They can't decide how they want there payments, I pay them one way for months at a time and then they call saying they don't accept payments like that however I send them. So t where is my money going?? Once my truck is paid off I will NEVER go through them again! Also they need to hire people that speak English everyone I talk to I can not understand. They are not an understanding company and they act like they never have a hard time. Just very rude people!!!

• La
    larry gianarelli Feb 14, 2014

i am so gald i did go these guy

chikydadee Feb 27, 2013

I'm in a business trip in miami and there are only 28 days in febuary. I asked them if I could pay them on the fourth or the ninth when I get back..they said there are no promises...strange.

Maria das Gracas Sep 10, 2012

Hi My Mom hv ben 2 weeks late on 1 payment They Repo Her car and now they not give her car back before she pay the entire amount she owe on the car They says she hv to pay off the car becose they try to contact her and she dont anwer the phone but its not tru they never send any papers to her What she can do about please send me email to [email protected]
    She put $3000.00 dow.

• Bo
    Boston Carol May 25, 2012

I tried to buy a car from a dealer in NYC who uses Westlake Financial. I have excellent credit (high 700's) and about 30 years of excellent credit history. The dealer told me that Westlake turned me down! OK, so I get that Westlake is a subprime lender, but I wouldn't have expected that they are ONLY a subprime lender. Apparently my credit is too good! It appears they only want to lend to people who have little to no credit or poor credit in hopes that they will get to repo the car again and again. The car I was trying to buy is a repo and we were told we would get a discounted price if we "qualified" for a loan with Westlake for enough to cover the previous owner's loan. Lo and behold they tell me I don't qualify, but I can still get the car if I pay $5k more! Nice. I'm in the lending business myself and, when I talked to the girl at the dealership about why I was not qualified, it turned out she was completely misreading my credit report. For every account she named a balance on, she was not reading the current balance (mostly $0's), she was reading the HIGHEST balance each account ever had--- ever --- from when the account was opened, in some cases >10 years ago. My husband and I concluded that this is some kind of scam where they get to keep repo'ing over and over again. After reading all this, I'm kind of glad not to be involved with Westlake, but am still thinking about whether to take any action in terms of complaining about Westlake and this dealer. If anyone does start a class action suit, please keep us all informed!!

• Nz
    nzoe22 Apr 08, 2012

I pay on time so therefore westlake reps don't bother me..I have no issues with them..Im really surpised at what Im reading above!!!

• Nz
    nzoe22 Apr 08, 2012

I never had a problem with them..I always pay ontime..they never called me..You people probably call them yelling because Repo took your car!! And take it out on them so what do you respect lol

Jason62 Dec 20, 2011

More Westlake Financial complaints
    Westlake Financial - RUDE
    Westlake Financial - Keeps calling me and I'm not a customer
    Westlake Financial - Bad service
    Westlake Financial - Will not take credit cards for final payment!
    Westlake Financial - Westlake financial is the worst company I have ever dealt with
    Westlake Financial - Rude and heartless
    Westlake Financial - unprofesional
    Westlake Financial - repossession of my car
    Westlake Financial - Reps are certified idiots
    Westlake Financial - They are not run honestly or professionally

Look at the above links...gees.

Not to mention the comlpaints with the BBB
    Factors that lowered this business's rating include:
    517 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 164 closed in last 12 months

Wow a lowered BBB rating, 517 complaints in 3 years...just sayin.

Jason62 Dec 20, 2011

99% of the posts are negative when it comes to Westlake and 1% is positive with the Westlake experience...wonder why?
    Is the majority wrong or is it that the 1% that are in favor of Westlake actually work for them and are told to post these positive experiences??

Comments

• Mi
    MissMarySue Aug 04, 2011

They are all very rude and unprofessional, I called trying to be extra nice, just wanting to ask a question and could hardly get the question out before they were cutting me off and raising their voice. There was absolutely no reason to be so rude and argumentative. Even when I was able to get the question out, it seemed as if they didn't understand English!

anotherpissedcustomer Jul 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I are having the same problems it seems everyone else is having. These people call like the very next day your payment's late. And they call like every 3 hours. And I repeat myself over and over again asking to change our due date to the end of the month because that's when we both get paid. I've asked them to look at the previous monthly payements they all fall at the end of the month. I get, well Ma'am we can only put it to such and such date after that we have to call but if you'd like to leave a credit card we can take it out automatically, uh hell no!! Which to me is poor customer service, I'm at least trying to work with them. Oh and I've gotten well you're account is in default because you are 5 days late. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! 5 DAYS LATE! I can't wait to pay our vehicle off so I won't ever have to deal with these idiots EVER again.

• Vp
    vperry72 May 18, 2011

I have paid three months in advance and they posted my payment to someone else account. I am now receiving calls that I am late. Frank a poor customer service rep was rude as with every individual that I have spoke with except for one. They keep saying they are working on it. I can not log in to my online account because they have it listed as past due. I am thinking the Better Business Bureau may be my best chance other than contacting my back for fraudulent charges. They are using my money to pay someone elses account.

• Bl
    black72 May 01, 2011

I. Send. My. First. Payment. In. They. Lost. My. Car. Payment. Now. They. Say. They. Coming. To. Get. My. Car. I. Send. My. Payment. To. Address. They. Gave. My. now. Late. With. My. Payment. I. Put. 3000. Down. On. The. Car. They. Not. Coming. For. My. Car. I'm. Not. Going. Out. Like. That. So. I'm. In. What. Ever. Anybody. Do. They. Or. Bad.

Jason62 Apr 25, 2011

@ Galant, you are so right..."no real bank would give you a loan", so you went to a loan shark...

Jason62 Apr 25, 2011

Okay to those who are in favor of Westlake please check the BBB website and look at the numerous complaints logged and customers refunded.
    A national car rental Co. was awarded millions in punitive damages after sueing Westlake successfully.
    Westlake is a subprime lender so expect subpar service from that company.
    If you feel that you are being wronged by this comapny then log all your calls and what was discussed, Judges love written logs.
    Get them on speakerphone so you have witnesses to they're bully tactics and misrepresenting law enforcement by stating they have warrant out for your arrest etc etc. This is a civil matter not criminal, the criminals are the ones who misrepresent themselves as officers of the law and that dear friends is illegal.
    Nobody is going to arrest you for owing monies unless you lied on your income tax...or if you failed to pay a fine, other then that it's acivil matter and you will be served papers to notify you of a suit and to appear in court (if you want) on such and such date.
    If you are well prepared file suit before they do and get your pound of flesh, I've read about this company and the ones who are positive about Westlake are in the minority and probably work for Westlake, then I ask why would such a big comapny go through the trouble of having their employees post positive things about te company? They must be scared of something...

• Ig
    igotgot Apr 08, 2011

Wow!! I wish I did my home work a little sooner They got me too...

• Ka
    kalgren Mar 23, 2011

i have had them for some time now and yeah i just talked to them after they called everyone i know trying to get ahold of me, how embarrassing i know its late so excuse me for loosing my job, and my house. like that pos in my driveway is my number one priroity not likely. but anyhow a non american woman called me today, and wanted to know what i was doing with my money, what my credit card looks like, and was just down right ignorant. i will not be talked to that way espesialy by people that dont know me or problems that i have in life right now, and i ended up yelling at her and she hung up on me i then called 4 times to talk to a supervisor, i stay on hold for about 5 minutes before they hang up on me. i dont care if its late or not for someone to call someone elses house and talk [censor] like that is very ignorant and unprofesional. companys like this is the reason america is so far in debt. cuz after today they wont get a payment, ill light the car on fire first. so for the people at westlake look at the way you treat people would you like it if it was you doing all you can to raise your kids and loose everything you ever worked for, because of the crappy economy, and still have to get treated like that on the phone. yeah you wouldnt like it. ill walk before i get another vehicle or anything else from you people. you guys are like making a deal with the devil... well anyhow people never ever use westlake, and westlake employees get a life and a new job cuz yours sucks... o and you need to come get this car out of my driveway.

• Ac
    Ackrite Mar 22, 2011

I was never late with westlake and I have recived phone calls asking me If when or how I was going to send in my payment, I even was asked what type of form my payment was in WTF do you mean by that.They are the most unprofessional people I haver dealth with, I did pay off my truck and they had the nerve to ask me to refi with .

• Te
    teddy43 Jan 11, 2011

i missed one payment.they do have a attitude and there not going to talk to me like that.i am reporting them to the attorney generals office and BBB.But i recieved a letter saying to call them to make arrangements.So i did and they said we already have the car on the repo list.But someone messed up the paper work and didn't pay the sales tax and the original title came back to me so how can they repo it when the title issn;t in there hands and let alone transferred over to my state.I know the law a little and there getting a call back today and they will be told.But i need some input.And for you THE ONES WHO WORK FOR THEM GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY.IF WE WANT THE SUPERVISOR WE HAVE THAT RIGHT.I will file a chapter 13 just to fix you guys up.YOU WON'T GET THE F???EN CAR.IT WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP IT.SO EITHER WORK IT OUT OR SIT ON IT.AND I HAVE THE TITLE.I NEED SOME INPUT.

• Te
    teddy43 Jan 11, 2011

I am only a month behind and recieved a letter in the mail to call them and set up a payment arrangement.Well i called last night and you are right they are cocky as hell.He said your car is already on the repo list.But you know what someone screwed up the paper work and i tried telling the idiot but i have the title it came back to me cause someone failed to pay me local tax on it.So how can they repo the car when they don't even have the title in there hand's.And second he said if i paid one payment that would bring me current then they can work something out.But now after reading all of this maybe i shouldn't trust them.But i know the law a bit and they will be getting another call back today.I am not taking there [censor].what should i do??

• Vi
    VINNYN0316 Dec 23, 2010

Westlake Finacial is the worst lending company I've had to deal with. They repossessed my fiance's car at work. They said she owed $800.00 in late fees, which is [censor]. This company acts tough on the phone, to bad half of them are not even american. Telephone tuff guys this company shows to be. I'm now going to the better buisness bureau and letting eveyone know what a [censored]HOLE company they are. WEST LAKE IS A PIECE OF [censor] DO NOT FINACE THREW THEM THE WILL SCREW YOU [censor]S

• Br
    Brink43 Dec 17, 2010

I have a westlake loan, i paid every month on time, i owe as of right now 896.00. I went on vacation during my payment, when i got home i paid it online, 11 days late. I thought ok good. I get a phone call from a repo man? i was like wtf i owe 450 bucks at this point... I call Westlake pissed, they tell me oh your last payment, went through - i have the receipt but 30 minutes later, westlake said it came back from bank unable to locate account?? so i asked did you reprocess this maybe it was a bank glitch? did you call me on phone? none of the above, instead you come to repo my car because i owe 450 bucks? get [censor]ing real, i am sending them a money order for the full amount, get these monkeys off my back, never again.

• 1c
    1CRAZYbitch Jun 06, 2010

***READ THIS... THIS IS SCARY!!!***

I bought my car the end of may 2009. I put $3500 down and have $3000 left till my payoff. Thats out of a $7000 loan! I made my payments faithfully until the beginning of this year when my husband left me and i got stuck caring for 3 small children and my disabled brother alone. I fell beind by 2 payments, called on a wednesday 2 days after the second payment was late and informed them i would pay all of what i was overdue on on friday when my tax return came in. That friday morning I woke up to my gate open (they cut the lock) and my two pitt bulls running free! They had busted the button on my shifter out and pushed the car out the yard and passed my OPEN bedroom window and down all 5 acres of my property. Well i called the authorities and they said its my word against theres... [censor]in figures! Well I got my car back that day of course, cost me a total of $1600 when i only owed $550 in overdue payments. AND they didnt fix the shifter which is a safety hazard!
    So my payments the last couple months were on time. Now here it is june and my payment is 2 weeks late because i had to pay my house off which was $4000. I called them thursday to make a promise to pay when my paycheck came in this monday. They said that was fine. Friday... or yesterday, Westlake called about 10am and said the repo company would be at my house at 1pm to get my car. Who does that? So I have my cousin and brother keepin an eye on the car which was parked in front of my house in my roundabout driveway. At 2pm a plain unmarked truck come bailing up my driveway. I go runnin through my house and out the front door and the guy hits reverse and hauls [censor] outta my driveway!

***THE SCARY PART***

A few minutes later, the same truck pulls back up my driveway WITH EDISON LOGOS magnetized to the doors! The guy gets out and states hes here to read the meter. And does!!! But as he is standing there I noticed a few odd things... There were no identifying #s on the truck, regular instead of exempt plates and NO ID!!! This guy drove back and forth for 3 hours, so we started taking photos of the truck and stuff. The dude freaked and started driving irratically to avoid me seeing his plates. So I called Edison, gave them my address and told them the situation! They looked into it and advised I call the authorities immediately because they had no techs in my area... So I call the cops. They come take a report and thats that!!! [censor]S!!! So last night, my car is parked in back, locked up like for knox with my dogs. I went out and sat in my car, in the dark to relax. This was about midnight. And i hear someone by my back gate and my dogs go runnin. They barked for a few seconds, then stopped and went to lay down. About a half hour later I go in the house and call for my dogs, nothin! I found them both by the gate with a chewed up brown paper bag, they had been drugged! Ya I know this sounds outrageous but Im not jokin! These ppl [censor]ed with us till 4:30am. Finally I called a buddy of mine who works for the local sherriffs dept. Gave him the plate # and he ran it. For my sake and my friends I cannot give any info on the name of this repo company! But the truck is registered to one of its employees. So here it is midnight, and my dogs were again drugged and they are [censor]in with us. Little do they know, they are being watched.

So here are the games Westlake plays. Highly illegal ones, and ones that can endanger families!!! ITS NOT ABOUT BUSINESS ANYMORE MOTHER [censor]ERS!!! NOW ITS PERSONAL!!!

• Pr
    Proud to be an AMERICAN Jun 01, 2010

THEY SUCK! CLASS ACTION SUIT!

machallah Mar 17, 2010

I DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY WHAT SO EVER...I had problems just trying to get a hold of a representative. I was hung up on twice. I then emailed the customer service department and received a very kind email from a representative apologizing for their unprofessional actions. Best advice, do not call the customer service number! That is what is the pain about getting a hold of them. Handle as much as you can online, or pick up the phone when they contact you or...if they call you, call them back at their direct extension. Though this does not solve anyone's repo problems, this advice may help you get in contact with them better. Like Susy said, pay on time (as much as you can, and of course there are going to be times when you may be late on a payment...we are all human here, we make mistakes and it happens to all of us! Also...unfortunately it is the ugly truth that the company does have the right to repo the vehicle for late payments. However, it is a good idea if you know that you may be late at anytime during the loan to see what is the grace period before a towing company is contacted by Westlake as well as local laws regarding repossession of vehicles. Westlake is located in LA so if you are in another state then you absolutely should check your local laws regarding repossession! If the law is that they cannot legally repo your car after 30 days of no payment and they repo your car after 15 days, then you should contact an attorney right away. Though my statement may upset many people...I am trying to give some advice, if you do not agree with the advice, then disregard it and go on, but if you do agree with it, I hope it may help you with your struggles. I have not been using Westlake for long, the only problem I have had with them is trying to reach a CSR, but that is it, otherwise they have been helpful.

• Ga
    galant es Mar 03, 2010

they tried to do the same to me heck they even sent a repo truck to my jobsite to pick it up so i showed them all my reciepts and confirmation numbers, they called whoever had sent them and they let me speak with the supervisor at westlake at the end i got so frustrated that i told the supervisor to go ahead and repo the vehicle and that i would gladly see them in court, i have never been late on any payment im actually ahead on my payments by 6 months so i know i was not in the wrong since that day i have not heard single word from westlake,

• St
    STACY ABRAMS Feb 24, 2010

I LOVE WESTLAKE THEY HELPED ME GET A CAR THE GAVE ME THE LOAN AFTER NO REAL BANK WOULD I HAVE MY CAR I MAKE MY PAYMENTS ON TIME AND I THANK THEM FOR DEALING WITH ME. I NEVER HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THESE GUYS.

• Ph
    phil26jones Aug 20, 2018

@STACY ABRAMS You are the exception not the rule, Stacy. I am very glad you had a good experience. Most folks do not have your good fortune.

• Me
    Meggles41 Dec 14, 2009

Excuse me Douglas, I have dealt with Westlake and they are all non-american employees working there with no respect. I have never been late on a payment and they have called my references before telling them that they needed to speak with me ASAP. When I called, they said they never contacted my references. The reason why I had Westlake as my finance company is because I am young and had no credit. My credit does not suck. I didn't have any. It is pretty discouraging when your first car payment loan is from a company that is unprofessional and uncaring.
    They even changed my due date on me for no reason, I never asked for my due date to be changed but they did it anyway. Then they wouldn't change it back because they said I authorized it, and I never did! They are all dumb over there. Now, they are saying I have 8 late payments because they changed my due date! DUMB! I can't wait until my car is paid for and I dont have to worry about them ever again!!!

• Do
    Douglas T. Dec 02, 2009

I worked for Westlake some time ago… LONG TIME AGO, I am no longer with the company, but will help you all out with some info, so LISTEN UP!

First, if you are late in your payments, be mad at yourselves, not the company who agreed to Finance you by paying the Dealer the money needed for you to get the car you are driving. The Finance company did not tell you to buy that car (if it no longer works), and the Finance company is not your Parents. Only your parents will lend you money to buy a car, and then let you pay late without taking your car!

Second, if you’re upset at the way the collectors (they are not Customer Service, they are COLLECTORS) talk to you. Then make your payments ON TIME…you will NEVER have to talk to ANYONE at this company if you pay on time.

These Collectors have to deal with customers calling them and yelling at them on a regular basis… Customers Yell because their Car breaks down, they Yell because they lost their job…they yell for everything… so if you have a problem don’t call this company to help you out. The reason you are financed by Westlake is because YOUR CREDIT was Soooo BAD, nobody would Finance you! You did not choose Westlake as your finance company….the Car Dealer looked at your credit and said “Jesus Christ this persons credit sucks!”… the ONLY company that would RISK lending you money to buy a car is WESTLAKE… and NOW you want to pay late?... REPO!

• Yo
    Yourmom01 Sep 27, 2019

@Douglas T. Hey idiot...do you lack reading comprehension? They call even you make all your payments on time. They call and harrass you no matter what you do, they have no lives and nothing better to do. Kill yourself.

• Fc
    FckWestlake Mar 25, 2020

@Douglas T. First time car buyers should get the shaft then huh? Sound like a normal corporate [censored] to me

• Ji
    JinaScott Nov 06, 2009

Westlake ###s make you late for your payments...we are late for this month's payment cause they don't communicate with each other. We made last month's payment and they are still calling us 3 times a day saying we didn't make the payment...we sent them our bank statements showing it has been paid on time and still won't do anything about it. they are threatening to take my car because we didn't make the payment and we have. so they called earlier this morning and they told us that they will have to talk to the accounting dept. and they would call us back in an hour and still haven't heard back from them...i dunno how many people we have talked to from there. they can't give us a supervisor or anything...they are rude on the phone with us and all i can say is if they take the car we get our lawyer involved.

• Wh
    whichie072 Sep 24, 2009

We have had the same trouble with them from the get go, We even paid for three months in advance and they had it on our credit reopot as being late . I flipped out. We was trying to purchace a house . They need to get people that speak Engilsh and that are trained to be in customer service ... In short DO NOT GO THREW THIS COMPANY. AND
    IF YOU DO WATCH YOUR CREDIT SCORE.

• Pu
    putthemoutof business Aug 29, 2009

I believe we all shoul get together and file a classaction lawsuite against this company, so we can put them out of business. I admit that I have avoided there calls due to they call my cell phone while I am at work. They try to keep you on the phone for a long time. I they don't let me work how can I make my car payment. I have even had a friend of mine call me to say they keep calling her cell phone about 5 times a day and they haven't even called me once. I am like all of you and can't believe this company is still in business. I would like for any of you to email me @ [email protected] to let me know if you would like to do a classaction lawsuite against this company and put all those ###ing idiots out of a job so they all can get there house's forclosed and get their cars reoped!!! I think the owner of this company thinks none of there customers will do anything like that. Please email me we need to make this company pay for there rude customer service reps and company policeys.

• Ha
    hater of westlake Aug 13, 2009

PLEASE CALL THE GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA'S OFFICE AND COMPLAIN. THE MORE THAT DO IT THE FASTER SOMETHING WILL BE DONE!
    THERE IS NO REASON WHY THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE DOING THIS TO PEOPLE.
    Below is the number
    [protected]

Also call the The California Department of Financial Institutions
    [protected]

WE MUST BAN TOGETHER TO END THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY. I SAY A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IS IN ORDER FOR THEM.