Westgate Resorts Fraudfraud sales practices and no fraud dept

M Review updated:

Someone please help. There is power in numbers. My name is Sienna Dow. I am organizing enough people to fight back and protest against Westgate Resorts. I live in Washington DC! IF their is anyone who would join me please email me, [protected]@ymail.com What Westgate is currently doing is down right unethical and illegal. I don't have money for a lawyer so I am going to spend as much time as it takes making sure no one ever gets frauded by Westgate again.

It all began in Nov 2008. Westgate sales rep "Lisa" said as her final attempt to make her sale to me and my uninterested husband that we needed an extra bill for vacations. We really could not afford the timeshare. I mentioned that we had enough debit and were trying to refinance a few things with our credit union. She then stated that Westgate reports on the credit bureaus as a mortagage every month like any other real estate purchased. My husband I suddenly became interested in the offer and discussed how much easier it would be to get a loan or refianance a few things. In the closing office where we spoke to the serious guy in a suit, it was recorded and private. He reassured it was to make sure that there was not fraud involved. Consequently, the company only uses it for quality assurance and throws it away after 90 days or so. Evidence gone. So after we were frauded, we did not know it until 90days had pass. I gave Westgate some time to report on my credit report. I was awaiting it eagerly. When I did not see it on my credit report, I called and was informed by an apologetic representative that West gate does not report on the bureaus. In fact, she said, "I don't know why "they" told you that." So I was told to submit a hardship letter. This was supposed to be their way of settling disputes and fraud. It was not. as a matter of fact it was just a step to no where. Then I told that something is coming in the mail and for me to fill it out along with all of my bills. I actually did it and it went no where. The next time I was contacted was by a 3rd party collection company who was clueless about my fraud account. So I call back, by now a few months had passed. I was told that they see the numerous times I called about the fraud and that there is no fraud dept or other rememdy other than the "no where" steps I took previously. Much worse there is no record of my latest submited documents of hardship. So the rep is sending another one to repeat the process and send it again to corporate. This time it will be certified. I am treated like somehow all of this is my fault. The only way out of this is if I pay Westgate and then pay another company to buy it. In respect to my own ignorance to business law, in my heart I know that this can't possibly be acceptable practices or legal. I am willing to spend time on Westgate brick by brick. If their are any other legitamate victims out there, please contact me, and let begin in number protesting Westgate's fraudulant business practices. -Mom on a Mission

• St
    stephanie mj Apr 24, 2020

Oh and one reason why I did agree because I didnt want it was because they said they would report it to the credit agency that we were making monthly payments on time. Well low and behold they have never reported that we did make payments ontime. But I'm sure they will put it on your report when you are late. This was the worst thing I ever did was buy from them.

• Kr
    kris197500 May 30, 2019

I am also interested in joining a class action lawsuit. Please contact me if anyone know of one.

• Kr
    kris197500 May 30, 2019

I am also another victim and would be interested in joining a class action lawsuit.

Jasbd4 Jun 20, 2019

@kris197500 I am Petitioning in Missouri with the Attorney Generals office. We need people to complain. I can gather names email [email protected]

Marioly Mendez Jan 09, 2018

WESTGATE scamm fraud... westgate thieves, robbing tourists with their psychologically well-trained liars sellers (sales-people), to wrap the people in this fraud "legal" bussiness.. !!!

• Pa
    Palmer Allen Mar 19, 2020

@Marioly Mendez I so agree as I signed a agreement a month ago to release it was forced to sign other wise we wouldn't have been able to leave without signing something, such a waste of time and I'm on disability and trying to seek help to get out

• Ha
    harold e Jun 26, 2015

Westgate is a greedy corporation who think they are too big to be stopped. I am an unfortunate owner who fell victim to their high pressure sales tactics. Since then, I have been pushed around by westgate while they laugh all the way to the bank. I recently attended an owner event for a rolling stone concert. I paid $846.30 for the event. I was forced to take my son since his name is 9n the deed along with my wife and I. So as an owner, I must get permission from Mr. Single before I attend an event. We inadvertently missed the Saturday tour presentation up- sale so westgate decided to penalize me 300 extra dollars. They decided to help themselves to my credit card which was all ready on file when I purchased tickets.
    The event coordinator was extremely rude and said it was my fault for missing meeting. This is after we asked 9 workers and one manager where to go for meeting. First time ever at this particular resort. Thanks westgate!!

• Er
    Eric Stuart Dec 22, 2019

@harold e Who is Mr Single?

• Ni
    NiceSean Apr 10, 2010

Dear Sienna,
    My family is also a victim of Westgate Scam, please find my story at:
    Please free feel to let me know if we are able to help us each other.

Sean

• Mm
    mm ks Dec 08, 2009

mm ks
    Unlike the story above it took us longer to realize our mistake. We purchased our two bedroom lock-off (sleeps 10) two years ago. At our sales breakfast we were told off a room that we could exchange for any resort or week (we were encouraged to buy a week when our children are in school) and when we do exchange it we would get a room comprable or an upgrade. We asked about fees repeatedlyand were told the benefits of being an owner was no fees. In sept 09 i called to reserve a different week at a different resort and the 1st rep informed me of a 130 fee for changing weeks and 130 fee for changing resorts. I got angry she insisted that the sales lady was wrong and asked for my cc info to book week, i declined. 1 week later i called back after discussing with my husband to go ahead and submit 260. The 2nd rep i spoke with told me the fees were 130 & 500. (thats some inflation) I then asked for a supervisor (Carlos B) he told me the fees were 130 and 750?????? I became irrate we argued for 45 min and he lowered the fees to orginal 260 which was 260 more than what i was guarented to not have to pay. At this time he booked me a room that sleeps 8. i again reminded him that my room sleeps 10 he said that I was not going to get an upgrade. Ugrade? i just wanted equall to what i have paid for. I booked for lack of wanting to let the kids down. Carlos then STOLE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, ORDERED PIZZA AND HAD IT DELIVERED TO WESTGATE. Are you kidding me. The only thing VP of customer service did or said is he was sorry. after telling him my story he said someone from my home resort would call. Two months later i'm still waiting. If they have your cc info check your transactions!!!

• Pr
    Premey N Tom Joyner Apr 21, 2017

@mm ks We too had all of this happen, except for the credit card theft. Wow!
    We bought in Tennessee. I wish it would have all burned.

Jasbd4 Jun 20, 2019

@Premey N Tom Joyner Tennessee has a class action suit going. look up and try to join

• Er