Wawa Coffee CupsCollapsing cups

S

This mornining I purchased a 24 oz of wawa coffee and drove to my place of employment. As I was getting out of my car I had my pocketbook on my left arm and the coffee cup in my right hand. The cup colasped and the lid flew to the ground the coffee spilled into my pocketbook all over my iphone6, up my arm on my coat, pants and down my leg. As i was trying to hold on to the cup somehow my finger was cut and I was bleeding. Terrible way to start a Monday morning. I am very unhappy with the new Wawa cups.

• 1skippy Feb 23, 2015

They have a web site where you can make a complaint at as well and start an exchange in this matter.

• Li
    Lisa McKeogh Jan 17, 2016

I am happy to find this complaint board. This is not the first time I have been "burned" by WAWA coffee cups. A few years ago, I contacted WAWA to beg they do something to upgrade the quality. Over the past week I have had two experiences that resulted in severe burns from the cups collapsing. WAWA kindly offered a gift certificate to pacify me and a corporate response to my complaint. I don't want a gift certificate, I want someone to genuinely care that LOYAL customers are being burned, clothes damaged, and inconvenienced because WAWA chooses to use inferior quality cups for the hot beverages. Did they really need to add the beautiful fancy soda machines instead of upgrading the quality of the cups? After my first complaint to WAWA I stopped going...why should I care if the company didn't. 7-11 is where I purchased my coffee, I do not prefer the coffee, it is more expensive, but I do appreciate the lids and cups. I have never been burned because the cup collapsed or because the lid split. I guess I am going back.

• Ri
    Rick Trader Nov 10, 2017

The same thing happened to me twice in the past couple of weeks! about 2 weeks ago as I was standing in line the cup collapsed in my hand spilling coffee all over me, the lady in front of me, the counter and the floor!!! again yesterday, when I got the coffee it was so very hot it was impossible to drink so I let it cool for about 30 mins in the console of my car. when I picked it up, the cup collapsed spilling coffee all over my console, me, my cell phone and some bags my wife had on the floor of the passengers side with some purchases she made. I am shocked to find other instances of this happening going back several years and yet wawa has done nothing to correct this problem with their cups!!! I guess they need to be sued first!!!

• Br
    Brakelight Oct 28, 2020

Sorry to say nothing has changed. I'm writing this from a hot puddle in my truck. Believe it or not, this is the second time today that I've had this issue.

This morning I purchased a 24 oz coffee in Bridgeville, DE. Within 5 minutes the coffee had soaked through the seam on the cup and made it unstable enough for the lid to fly off and the coffee to go all over the inside of my truck.

Now here it is 3:00 p.m. and having still not had any coffee, I gave Wawa the benefit of the doubt that maybe I got a one-off faulty cup. So this time I stopped in Rehoboth and purchased the exact same thing. Lid on as tight as possible.

Everything seemed okay and I had largely forgotten about the issue. While trying to take my first sip, the entire cup collapsed inward. This time it scalded my legs and drenched my phone (I'm writing this from my work phone as my personal phone is now a paperweight).

I'm a grown man. The burns on my legs will heal and I'd imagine I'll get most of the coffee out of my seats eventually, although my overpriced and decidedly not waterproof phone, as well as my trust in their cups, will never recover.

Bottom line is somebody is going to get badly hurt over a $1 cup of coffee. They really need to take steps to rectify this situation.