Waste Managementbad business practices

This company renewed our contract without a proper signature and on top of ir increased our rates even though they claimed we are under their contract. How does that work? Don't allow any employee to sign anything for waste management as you may be stuck in a deal you don't want.

antoinefischer Jun 11, 2012

agree!

antoinefischer Jun 11, 2012

I agree

• Gh
    Ghozt Turner Dec 26, 2013

I agree with...Waste Management is to worst company anybody can ever have services with. I originally began my first experience with and I had pickup and billing problems with them from day one. They have missed pickup days, they have picked up however, they left trash all around the trash can that fell out while they were dumping. Worst of all problems with Waste management is the billing. I left Waste Management and went to a company called Louie's Waste. I was happy with Louie's, they had excellent services and billing. But Louie's ended up selling out to Waste Management and I was once again back to the poor excuse for a company. I was so pissed to find this out. This company charges you $35 as a late fee and another $35 to resume services if you are discontinued. There fees are equivalent to 3 months of service. That ### don't make any sense. I have obtained services elsewhere with another company and hopefully this new company will provide better services all around.
    Best Regards Cory Turner

• Pr
    Pro Bono Sep 25, 2014

You should take them to your local conciliation court. Their contracts are not without holes and you can easily find violations on their part to file a complaint. Look for teaser items on the contract like $100 off, which the court will interpret as $100 off every month. Also per contract you are allowed to terminate if they raise the rates for certain specific reasons. If they did not cite specific reasons, which they typically don't, in their notices, you can claim the value of the increases. Typically, they will cite vague reasons like 'may be a number of reasons...'. If they don't collect the container after cancellation, which is their tactic to prevent switching providers, call the local police department and file a complaint for trespassing and/or nuisance. Many small businesses have successfully won judgements against them in small claims courts. Many law firms, including Attorney Generals, are investigating Waste Management for class action lawsuits, but for now small claims court is your best option for immediate results. Good luck!