Walmartworst customer service

I went to wallmart dept. store on friday night 11/30/07 with my nephew to purchase a car dvd player for my son's birthday.I found a polaroid PDM-2727 7" two screen car dvd player with remote control, headset etc., there were alot of electronic stuff included. My husband wrapped it up with a gift wrap to surprise him on the next day.On Saturday we had a party for him, after he cut the cake he then opened his present. That's when my husband found two missing items in the box. He didn't waste his time checking the whole box. He just closed the box and said "we have to return it ASAP"; so I went back to the store on Monday 12/03/07 around 11:30 am to exchange the item. They didn't have any of that brain. So I said to the sales associate at the customer service desk that I would return it and get my money back. She said I need to call another associate from that department to ckeck the item before the return. When the sales associate arrived she checked everything that was in the box. She found that the serial # on the two tv did not match. She said to me "You cannot return it because the items don't match". I said to her I need to speak to a manager because it's only been two days since I bought it. And I explained to her it was a present for my son's birthday, we just opened the box and found two items that are missing and I came here to exchange it with my receipt. She repeated herself "You cannot return it because the items don't match". I said to her it is not problem that the items don't match I need to speak to a manager. She said there are no managers in the store. There is only two assistant managers. I said I don't care. I just need to speak to someone that can help me because I am not getting good customer service. She just walked away. I said to the other sale associate that was there to get me a manager or else I am not leaving the store. They just ignored me and helped the other customers. I said to them that I am not a thief and I will never be. I didn't steal anything. I shouldn't be the one paying for it. I kept saying to them that I needed to see a manager. They kept ignoring me. I decided to call my husband and my sister for help. I told them that if the manager doesn't come out to talk to me. I will call the police to search my car and my house and to investigate this case. One of the sales associate said to me the manager won't talk to you because she already said on the phone that she won't take the item back. I said to her I am a customer. I bought something here with my money. If I am not satisfy with the stuff that I purchased I have the right to retun it. If they knew that the item was already opened and returned from a previous customer why did they put it back on the shelf without even checking it? Or may be they did check it and saw that it was used and missing items they just cover it up. After almost two hours of talking to myself and standing on my feet. I said that I would call 911, my lawyer, fox 25, and I would take my receipt back and see them in court that's when one of the assistants came out and said we could only give you a store credit, but no cash. I was so frustrated and disappointed. I should not be treated like that, especially when I did not steal anything.

I was discriminated by those people. I need this complaint to be file immediately to the media, and every single human being all over the world.

• Ha
    Hammond Steve Nov 15, 2009

I had a similar situation where they advertised the lowest price in town on an item and i purchased 2 of them. then i went to a store across the street and found the same item for 15.00 less each. When i went back to wallmart (within a half hour) they would not take the items back. I later recieved a phone call from the regeonal manager appologizing and saying he would be happy to take the items back. I told him it's not worth the 60 mile round trip and i will be shopping at target and k-mart in the future.

regecte to chash ceck

Angel R Uranga Sep 08, 2010

certege refiused cash mi ceck

Angel R Uranga Sep 08, 2010

certegy cannot cash mi check

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 08, 2010

You cannot spell.

• Ve
    very upset customer2 Apr 17, 2011

I felt harassed, as the checkout person asked to ID me for purchasing a bottle of wine, when I am 58 years old. There is no way that she could not see my age (that I am over (40), unless she is blind, in which case she should not be put on the register . It is HARASSMENT.

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Apr 17, 2011

Are people really this stupid in California?

• Mo
    most likely it's your fault Apr 17, 2011

Quit your crying, drink your wine and it will all be better.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Apr 17, 2011

Please go away. You do know that the store and individual get fined HEAVILY and can lose their jobs if they serve to underage individuals? Better safe than sorry, some people just card everyone.

• Fd
    FDL_HOU Apr 17, 2011

Some places card everyone to ensure there cannot be discrimination allegations that would be brought up against anyone.

chevypride98 Apr 17, 2011

um, you didnt happen to be drunk when you wrote this eh? you spelled walmart wrong...
    lol

• Mr
    mrspenguin Apr 23, 2011

They have to ID anyone who looks under 40...take it as a compliment and move on.

• Te
    ted McAllaster Jun 11, 2011

is it wallmarts customer service policy to discrimanate against the disabled and handycaped? wallmart in bellingham wa. will not let the disabled take electric cart out of store make them put all goods in cart and wheel them out holding there cane or wheel chair this is not very good customer service if wallmart dosent want us handycaped & disabled in there store you should post sign on door no handycaped or disabled may shop at this wall mart.

• Ra
    Rahul suryakanth Sep 10, 2011

they told i wont be charged until i receive my gift card ...but they have charged me 1.95$

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices