Walmartwont hire my son

October 25 2011

Try phoning in after applying for a job. I'm talking about someone who needs a job ASAP! Customer service told me that Walmart keeps applications on file for 6 months and will call when they are hiring...AND that all companies do the same. That is complete BS!! I asked to speak with the person in charge of hiring. When told the people in charge of hiring were in a meeting I said, fine, when my 22 year old son comes in to talk to this person, who does he talk to and where does he find them? She said he has to make an appointment to talk to them. I said that's fine, when he comes in to make an appointment, where does he do this. She said, come to the back of the store in the layaway area and she herself would page the person to speak with me. The fact is, I don't like being snappy, but I had to in order to find out how to even speak with someone to find out if there is a remote possibility of my son being hired. My telephone conversation with her was after several attempts by my son to find out from customer service at the Walmart store, who to talk to about a job, since he had submitted his application and resume several days ago. The lady I spoke with was incredibly rude to me. It's a wonder Walmart has any employees and customers for that matter.

October 29 2011

At least one of you admit that you are an employee, bet you all work there. I asked them why my son was not hired, and they won't give me details. I call them everyday to tell them what a good worker he is. They are discriminating against him and I will be taking this to court and force them to hire him. My son did get an interview and they said he is not what they were looking for and they told him why they could not hire him. He won't tell me why they won't hire him and when I called the store they refused to give me the reason they won't hire him which is why I come to the conclusion that this is age discrimination. I guess I will have to go to a lawyer to force them to tell me why they are not hiring him and sue them for discriminating against him. He should be hired he works harder than a lot of his friends. This is discrimination. If they can hire disabled people, some people with mental ###ness for greeter position why not hire him. Why hire some disabled when someone like my son who can work harder and better than them can take their place. Just the greeter at the door, has some mental ###ness, he is very nice and all but he should not be working when people like my son can do the job better. The only job that greeter is fit for is greeting because he does not have the IQ to do any other job. When I pointed this out to the manager he told me that if I was going to make fun of his greeter that he won't talk to me.

eflkin Nov 12, 2011

As I thought. Again, please stay on topic. Have a nice day.

eflkin Nov 12, 2011

How am I harassing you chowder? Please, do post your proof.

eflkin Nov 12, 2011

When you registered for access to this website you agreed to the ToU which can be found here:

You agreed not to:

Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

eflkin Nov 12, 2011

Kindly stay on topic, thanks.

eflkin Nov 12, 2011

Your son is old enough to get a job on his own, you are only hurting his chances by doing what you are doing OP. He probably won't tell you why they won't hire him because it has to do with your actions.

On another note, you discredit your own post with these few sentences:

"This is discrimination. If they can hire disabled people, some people with mental ###ness for greeter position why not hire him. Why hire some disabled when someone like my son who can work harder and better than them can take their place."

You scream discrimination and then want them to boot the disabled person to the curb in place of your son.

• Bu
    bus_driver Nov 12, 2011

For one thing...cant your son speak for himself? It seems embarrassing that a 22 year olds mother would be doing this.

Secondly...business MAKE money off hiring disabled and handicapped people. They get money from the government for "so many" disabled, handicapped, and elderly people they hire. So its to a companies benefit to hire these people over anyone else.

Third...if YOU were a company and some woman was harassing you all the time about hiring her son...would YOU? I certainly wouldnt.

By your actions you have made certain that your son will never be hired there. Why the hell would he want to work for an evil company anyway? They use and abuse thier employees.

Even if he did finally get hired there, they would make it so hard on him, because of YOU, that he would quit.

And you cannot sue someone for NOT hiring a person, simply because YOU say so. There has to be proof of a reason that they didnt hire him.

GoldOpals Opals Nov 01, 2011

Triplet: If you do not know what a word means you can find the meaning using Google. You would type define: word
    For example: define: hypocritical

GoldOpals Opals Oct 31, 2011

Being hypocritical basically means you say one thing but do the opposite. The OP claimed that her son was being discriminated against, but felt free to discriminate against the employees with special needs.

GoldOpals Opals Oct 30, 2011

You are being hypocrytical

• Fa
    father of triplets Oct 30, 2011

If you want them to hire your son don't keep asking them to hire him on your behalf or they won't hire him because they think he is unable to fend for himself, or do make decisions without asking you first. In other words they get the impression that your son won't be able to think for himself. Also accusing a company of BS when they are telling the truth is not going to make them want to work with him.