Walmartthey tore up my car

J

Wamart changed my oil and left rags under the hood. They got caught in the belt, warped my harmonic balancer, put a hole in my timing cover, broke the belt. In other words my car will not ever run. This is a 2000 Sentra that was in good shape. It took 3 days for us to head from their insurance co. and 20 minutes to here we were denied. The work cost 766.00 for my car. I am walking 6 miles to work and having to bum rides, thanks to Walmart. They are devils. Do not shop there or use their lube service.

• Ck
    CK Aug 28, 2008

My sister recently had Wal-Mart auto services install a battery in her car. After a few days the car stalled and had to be towed to garage. The mechanic found that the wrong battery had been installed. It was too high, it overheated and welded the hood latch shut as well as caused damage to the underside of the hood. The cost of the damage was $490. She had the Walmart receipt for the battery and installation, a receipt from the mechanic who fixed the damage clearly stating that the cause was the installation of the wrong battery, and pictures of the damages. She submitted these to Wal-Mart's claim management company (CMI) and her claim was denied. They blamed the manufacturer of the battery not the ###s who installed the wrong one. Walmart takes no responsibility for their mistakes.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices