Walmart / Money Cardmoney card from nightmare.

S

This pre-paid money card is a joke! You can't send them an email, you can't even talk to Customer Service with out being charged 2.00 & give your ssn# on the phone (since you don't know the card # because it was shredded right after you bought it) & then still can't talk to anyone without the 2.00 charge. They literally make it impossible to get a hold of any one to talk to (unless you want to pay for it). They make it impossible to get your money back. They make it VERY DIFFICULT to cancel your account. Can't return it at Wal-Mart where you bought it. The money card has so many hidden charges (in super small print) that you can't read it even with glasses on, to read before you buy. That's pretty bad when even the people that work at Wal-Mart warn their consumers about the "Wal-Mart Money Card". Unfortunately, too late. They charge monthly fees (fees for EVERYTHING) Fees to put more money on the card. I finally had to go to the store, buy something for 1.00 & get the rest back in cash. Like I said, trying to close the account is another story. Never used the card for anything else & they make it impossible to opt-out for marketing (even though you already chose not to share your info) Everything about this card is a nightmare.

• Ni
    Nilsa Pena May 13, 2017

On fridat=y 5-12-17 I recieved an email from walmart money card. greendot.com, informing me that a family member has put 600.00 on the card. after several attempts to upload the money unsuccessufullly. I finally called the [protected] on the back of the card
    I called 2 days in a row the 12th and the 13th, the cs r was uninformed saying they do not haveaccess to anything that coul/would b of ant help to me at all. one csr said nothing just stayed slilent the whole time I explained my issue with the card, she went as far asto tellmme too have the funds cancelled, no way I was going to do that I told how she would like her income tax refund cancelled. today I experienced the same thing until I called the local store in which I got thru to bryce who although could not help me resolve the problem but did note the issue and I got to speak to a manager!!

James Doe Sep 25, 2016

Hola, Mi nombre Deo y sólo quiero compartir mi experiencia con todo el mundo. He de ser oído sobre este tarjeta de cajero automático en blanco durante un tiempo y nunca realmente pagado ningún interés para él debido a mis dudas. Hasta que un día descubrí un tipo de hacking denominada (OSCAR BLANCO). él es muy bueno en lo que está haciendo. Volver al punto, me preguntó acerca de la tarjeta de cajero automático en blanco. Si funciona o incluso Exist.He me dijo Sí y que su una tarjeta programada para el dinero se retira al azar sin ser notado y también se puede utilizar para compras en línea libres de cualquier tipo. Esto fue impactante y yo todavía tenía mis dudas. Entonces me di una oportunidad y pedí la tarjeta y de acuerdo con sus términos y condiciones. Esperando y rezando para que no era una estafa. Una semana después recibí mi tarjeta y trató con el cajero automático más cercano cerca de mí, funcionó como magia. Yo era capaz de retirar hasta $ 4, 500. Esto era increíble y el día más feliz de mi vida. Hasta ahora he pudiendo retirar hasta $ 28, 000 sin ningún tipo de estrés de ser atrapados. No sé por qué estoy publicando esto aquí, me dio la sensación de que esto podría ayudar a los que estamos en necesidad de la estabilidad financiera. en blanco Atm realmente ha de cambiar mi vida. Si desea ponerse en contacto con él, aquí es la dirección de correo electrónico [email protected] Y creo que también va a cambiar su vida ...

• Vb
    VBowser Aug 31, 2016

They allowed someone to gain access to my visa money card without having ALL the appropriate secured informaiton as detailed in all the written material available when you purchase (receipt, package, visa card, cardholder agreement & web page).

All customer service reps read from the same script like a broken record. Forget talking to them as they do not listen and its always your fault regardless!

Walmart stand up and take responsibility for your actions! Act like a #1 Retailer should - I know that you will never ever get any more business from me or my family. I am on mission to spread the news to STAY AWAY FROM WALMART!

• Cl
    clairegrimaldo39 Aug 31, 2016

I cancelled this service 7 years ago & they are still taking money out of my checking account til this day. I WON'T IT STOPPED A.S.A.P.!
    ENOUGH IS TOO MUCH MOENY STOLEN FROM ME!

• Ni
    nippy martin Aug 31, 2016

my card could not be activated and i was supposed to receive a full refund within 7-10 days. that was on may 1. today is may 19 and i still haven't received my refund. i have tried to get through to them and all attempts to talk to an actual person failed, i could only get an automated answering system. i live on a fixed income and i need that money to pay my monthly bills which is what i was going to do with the card. this delay is absolutely unnecessary.

• Vi
    Villerm Aug 31, 2016

I had the misfortune of experiencing "Takara", who was behind the customer service/check cashing desk in the Parma, Ohio, WalMart. Someone this hostile and angry at the entire human race should not be interacting with people. She should be in a back room sorting out hangers or something.

I have never had a problem at WalMart...I cash my 1, 000.00 paycheck every two weeks and spend anywhere from 75.00 to 150.00. Well, guess what? Not anymore.

The way this woman treated me, my blood pressure went through the roof and I just wanted to punch her in the face, which believe me, I am not going to jail over some lowlife ghetto chick.

With the way the economy is, people should check themselves and how they treat people, especially if it IS YOUR JOB. Give that job to someone who appreciates it, likes people, likes to work. All because of her, the Parma, Ohio, WalMart will be losing appoximately 2600.00 a year from me. I always like Target better, anyhow.

• Je
    JeanBean Aug 31, 2016

I am at my wits end. I received a walmartmoneycard as a combined Birthday and Christmas present last December.. I have used cards from this store before, even one that looks completely identical to the card I am holding in my hand. My mother picked up the credit card, instead of the gift card. They look the SAME. She has one for herself, and I have compared the two.. I can see how someone can mix it up!

Anyway. She tossed the receipt, and I went along my merry way for a couple of months waiting for a sale online.. Finally one came with a free shipping weekend.. I thought it would be a great time to use the card before all the fees started to eat away its funds.

So, I went to the website indicated on the back of the card...only to find..I needed the receipt. Ohhhh, I was not very happy. My poor mother had to go down to the store along with the card and they made copies of it and searched in their files for a card with this number. They couldn't find it!!

After a long month of searching through bank statements and trying different scenarios of "what might have happened.." Today was the final day the customer service would even talk to me, she left a message on my machine.. Repeatedly calling me the incorrect name despite correcting her numerous times.. (!!) And she had a smug attitude and said unless I can provide proof of purchase.. Well, then she pretty much told me to get lost.

I am out $300 dollars. I have no idea what to do anymore. I have tried everything I can think of. My Mother paid in cash. The money is lost in the void, and they don't even care. I am guessing the guy didn't ring up the card correctly and they are just covering for themselves. I have done everyone on my end, but it just doesn't add up how this card, bought at THEIR store has no possible proof of purchase.

I don't recommend using this card if you intend to give it as a gift. This was a very heartbreaking experience to go through.

• Je
    jeanne fox Aug 31, 2016

i used my temporary walmart money card and then i got my real card. on the temporary i had $62.02 on it. on my real card you only gave me $59.02. Why was i charged another $3.00 ??

• Ca
    captaintangyouhong Aug 31, 2016

August 6, 2010, the individual owners of the shop of the Trust-Mart demonstrated, in Chongqing, China, asking for the reasonable rent. These individual owners have not been paid since July 2008. Most of the individual owners live on the rent.
    The Trust-Mart shop was divided and sold to about 330 individual owners in the year 2004. In February 2007, Wal-Mart invested USD264 million in acquiring a 35% stake in Taiwan-based Bounteous Company Ltd., the operator of Trust-Mart in China.
    Wal-Mart is involved in this dispute accordingly.

• Al
    Allan E. Heinzeroth Aug 31, 2016

I just won a free $1000.oo free gift certificate, but never received it!!!

Not Happy with sail Aug 31, 2016

I went to yours East Port store and they had papers on sail for 15 cents and i picked up 2o and the cash register told me that i am only alloud to buy ten because that is the limit. i am not happy with this because i wanted 2o and there was lots in stock, wen i told the cashier register about this he said that they will be sold out in an our and they have to have sum for everywon. so i only got ten and i will have to go back another day so i should atleest get a free bus pass to go back and get morer and morer

• Ji
    Jihade Aug 31, 2016

I got my computer from Walmart then my cord would not work off and one. Then 6 months later i got a charger from Walmart. I noticed after a few months the wire was showing now it damaged. I was transfer from one person to another, then reached manager. He said might need to mail my charger in then said i need to call another number. What good did it do to buy another year protection? I will not be shopping at Walmart again. I will be taking them to small claims court.

• Dr
    Drumt3ch09 Aug 31, 2016

I am thinking about suing GE money bank because I have reported my card damaged which I can not use anymore and they said they sent out a new one, Never got it, I called them after 10 days and had them send me one on rush delivery for 20 dollars. They said I would get it by the 22nd which is tomorrow...if I do not I am going to sue them. I have two pay checks direct deposited in that account for the total of 580$ thats with the 20 taken out that i paid for them to fedex my card to me. I was wondering if I have a case? I asked them for my tracking number and they said they cannot give that out due to security reasons.

• Sc
    scottysbabe Aug 31, 2016

They were not very friendly when taking the pictures and then they promised that my pictures would be in on Monday, they were not in and could not tell me where they were. It is Wednesday and they are still not in and still say they don't know where they are.

• Xe
    Xemaribus Aug 31, 2016

I went to the local walmart supercenter today to buy a digital photo frame. When i noticed that they were out of the one that i wanted to buy, I did not get any help from anyone, and the 2 people that i asked were so rude! They talked down to me and made me feel dumb for even trying to ask for their help. The first man that i asked said that i needed to ask someone else and that he couldnt help me, the next woman that i asked to help me gave me so much attitude and looked and talked to me like i was stupid. I am a very loyal customer, but this made me feel like i dont ever want to go back.

• Ke
    Kenb Aug 31, 2016

I received an e-mail from “Wal-Mart” asking me to complete a survey and get $90 added to my account. I don’t mind completing surveys if I feel they will help an organization or business to provide better customer service. At first I thought Wal-Mart might actually give me money on a Wal-Mart card or something of that nature (but I knew better).

The first thing I looked for was a secure site. It did not indicate that it was a secure site. I clicked on various links at the top of the page (of course they were not real links (another warning sign). They asked for my credit card information (why would Wal-Mart need my credit card information when they have Wal-Mart cards?). Out of concern for the elderly or kids I thought I should report it right away. I went to Wal-Mart’s actual website and found a link for Help under Customer Service. If we don’t report scams then someone in our family may be the next victim.

andrea maxwell Aug 31, 2016

I bought my grandson laptop for xmas online at walmart It suddenly doesn't work anymore. Itook it to store they told me 15 days are up how are you suppose to know if something doesn't work in 15 days that's a bunch of BULL I tried to go online and get thru to anyone there eitherNow I have a laptop that doesn't work and out $400.00 If someone can tell me what to do please email me at [email protected] I don't have box or any return papers for it.

• To
    TootiFrooti101 Aug 31, 2016

Wal-Mart needs to screen its employees much more carefully if it wants to remain in the economy of this age. Don't get me wrong, I do love Wal-Mart. BUT, right now, something is going seriously wrong. I noticed the change recently. The layout of the store itself was changed. First, a rather awkward cubicle-like structure was stuck right in the middle of the store, which made sense- it was the changing room and clothes were to the left of it. BUT THEN, it seemed like every time you came (I only come once in...a month?) the layout was different. It took MUCH LONGER to go shopping, as everything was rearranged. ALSO, the EMPLOYEES themselves are either rude, incompetent, or lazy. I was looking for some towels, and being OCD I arranged them properly back onto the shelf. THEN, this older employee lingered in the same aisle, and as soon as I moved farther down she would go straight to whatever I just touched, grumbling, and rearranging it as if I did something so HORRIBLE and should be ASHAMED. At first, I was fine with it. But then, it continued EVERY TIME.
    ELECTRONICS. I really wanted to buy a DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION game, and finally got it. There were three people. THREE. Only ONE desk was open for checking out. ONE. A young man was sitting on the chair chatting with a young man (Employees, both of them) and refused to work.
    Wal-Mart, wake up please.

• Da
    Daddoz Aug 31, 2016

This was at the Walmart store on N Interstate Drive, in Norman, Okla I was attempting to use 10 legitimate manufacturer coupons that all had all the clarifying info that the coupon policy on Walmart.com and posted in store states that is necessary to have them accept the coupon. I was told by the checker that Walmart does not accept MANUFACTURERS coupons. I asked for her manager and then she proceeded to call me crazy and said I was wasting my time and hers.

She got her manager which she referred to as her “CSM” and that woman then took a 1 second glance at the coupon and said it would not be accepted because the expiration date is TO FAR AWAY, 3/31/2012 to be exact. She “explained” to me that coupons are only accepted within 60 days of expiry. This is a flat out LIE, this woman who supposedly had worked for Walmart for 15+ years and is supervising other employees doesn’t even know the simplest info even when it was printed on a laminated piece of paper posted right next to her face!

I asked for someone else to help me, I was then told that no one else would waste their time with this and I could either pay full price for the items or leave immediately. I REFUSED they then threatened to have the police remove me from the store and took my cart full of groceries and my personal belongings from me and took it to the customer service area when FINALLY a man who I believe was of higher authority than the CSM woman came over with 4 more store employees following him and asked to see the coupon, immediately he said yes of course we accept MANUFACTURERS coupons and instructed the cashier to continue with the transaction.

This in total was a 45 minute ordeal and I feel if these employees cared about the job they are doing or if they were trained correctly that this could have been obviously avoided. I was treated like a criminal, a liar and embarrassed in front of my family and other customers, WHY? Why was any of this nessessary? Is it illegal to try and save my family money? Even shoplifters are treated with more respect than I was shown. Does Walmart support such behavior? Will I be treated like this in the future?

• Fo
    former walmart worker Aug 26, 2016

I got hired in at Walmart in upper sandusky, Ohio on June 18, 2013 and on Aug 7, 2013 after 6 weeks on the job they fired me and told me that I was not good enough for this job.. Please do not work for them at all they will let you go they always find an way to fire people.. Thank you!

• In
    INVALID Aug 25, 2016

Bought a walmart card so i could get a few for my money tickets online. . . So i went to activate the card and now its relling me that they're going to send me a refund in the mail!. . . R u serious!!! U cant even speak to a live person!!. These people aren jokers. . . Trust me ill be counting down the days for my money refund! And i dont want no store credit either!!!

• Mm
    mm tucker Aug 24, 2016

Two times now I have been to Wal-Mart and purchased grocery items that were marked down. When I got through with the check out I noticed I was charged full price for the item. After telling clerk she would call a manager and the manager would send me to customer service. The customer service line is so long that if you have perishable food or are on a tight schedule, , , , , , , , you can't wait,
    alas Wal-Mart keeps your money. To anyone who shops there, please be aware of this we are being ripped off big time by the biggest retailer in the country!

• Mr
    Mrs. Carol Zatzkin Aug 19, 2016

Given a option to give a survey information to get a chance to win a $1, 000 gift card, the program insists I give them information to sign up for $9.95 onto something in order to get that card. I am not really given a "chance" to win but an obligation to sig up to be billed to recieve a card. This is fraud in my opinion because I was told I was entering a survey for a chance to win something not that I had to buy something in order to recieve anything. That's bait and switch. I thought Walmart would be above fraud. that is the only reason I went to the site in the first place. Do I inform the BBB of this practice? Or will the cashier start inforing customers, here, this is to sell you something in order to get a gift card if you go to the website and put in the coded number.
    Carol Zatzkin until today, a very loyal customer.

• Xa
    XanD43 Aug 16, 2016

When I went to pay for my groceries with a bank card from the joint checking account shared by me and my husband. My husband's name was on the card, so they would not accept my payment. I had to leave without my groceries that I spent an hour selecting. I have spent thousands of dollars at this Wal-Mart since it opened. They treated me like a criminal. That card was the only method of payment I had. I was completely unaware of the policy before I came in. I feel like they should have allowed it. I will not ever go back to that store.

• Mr
    mrspenguin Aug 16, 2016

Honestly? How are they supposed to know it is your husband's card? What if some woman had stolen his card, gone into the store, told them it was her husband's card and they let her use it? You'd be extremely angry about that. If it's a joint checking account, you should have your own card, with your name and signature on it. Go to the bank and order one if you don't have one. Simple.

• Ci
    cindyj69 Aug 15, 2016

Hey hate shopping at walmart i have to have a damn good reason to go and i always end up with the humblest chasier. she is slow and half the time i have to help her count back the money and she once tried keeping ten dollars of my change. I've said something to the female manager and nothing was done becuase she is still there and still looks so stoned and drugged out im always looking for a differnt even longer isle so i k ow things are bring done right. Tiffany is her name she's always got funny colored hair bigger behind and holes in her face. if this is what walmart wants to hire then ill jutting drive farther to winco so its done right the first time

• Ve
    Vernon H. F. Aug 08, 2016

Walmart announced a "early Black Friday sale" to start at 10 PM an Thanksgiving, on a certain Compac Laptop computer. We arrived before 8:30 PM, and were told the product we wanted was all sold out, as they had given out "vouchers" already, even though the sale was not to start til 10:00 PM.
    Then, they suggested we buy an HP computer that was 'only $100 more" and that they had plenty of.
    Advertising was false, it clearly stated sale did not start til 10: PM.
    We will get along without Walmart in the future, I am sure they will not miss the thousands of dollars we have been in the bad habit of spending there.

• Ce
    Cecelia Wilson Cook Aug 02, 2016

I have purchased two colors of the Super Lustrous Li;psticks (I previoujsly used Moondrops which I can no longer find). Both tubes are like applying colored vaseline to my lips. It absolutely DOES not adhere UNLESS I put another lipstick under it that is not the Superlustrous variety. Complete waste of money --- its NOT lipcolor, it's lip gloss which isn't what I need.

Also, once you take the tops off the lipstick tubes, they no longer will fit onto the case.(this applies to all lipsticks, not just Super Lustrous). I have 6 lipstick tube with no tops - very messy to try to carry in your purse. Can't imagine what the benefit of this lipstick tube case design change could be -- other than making it easy to get ott. LOL.

I have always used Revlon lipstick (started in the 50's with Cherries in the Snow). I will have to go to another brand as i just end up having to throw these in the trash. I positively cannot put them in my purse.

• Da
    daisy higginbotham Aug 01, 2016

on Friday afternoon, at around 3 :10 p.m., on my lunch break, I was returning an item. had a long line and one cashier. while there, I noticed the long lines at the cash out centers with very few of them open. I waited 15 min. and noticing the line was not moving. the cashier was waiting for someone to bring her change. when I asked what the problem was, the person named Sharon, brought the change asking her what the problem was. I informed her the problem was not enough cashiers and waiting so long for change. she spoke to the cashier talking about me . I work in the public, too and I don't speak about someone, surely not while that person is looking right at them. I was offended by her comment. I told her I would report her and she seemed not to have minded. what's going on with walmart????? I hate to shop Opelousas because of this!!! look at Eunice or ville platte, la. and you don't see or hear anything near this. my e mail is [email protected] I want an answer

[email protected] Aug 01, 2016

I was going to buy some a pie or cake and some cookies. I started looking at some and noticed they had mold all over them. I will never buy food from there again. There produce is squishy and gross. I have had other people tell me about rotten meat that they had purchased that they thought was good until they got it home. Very disappointed.

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Aug 01, 2016

Excellent review. Pay no mind to this idiiot.

yvette m rubio Aug 01, 2016

have several cards talking about 0977

• Le
    lennard russell Aug 01, 2016

i purcase a walmartmoney and cannot get it actatived also can't to a live person for help concerning this matter

yvonne passarelli Aug 01, 2016

EVERY DAY I get a message saying I have $.56 credit on a walmartmoneycard. I do NOT own a walmartmoneycard and NEVER have. Please stop sending messages or I shall contact my attorney.

yvette m rubio Aug 01, 2016

activated yesterday i was unable to use today consumer stated card is not activated yet i recieved a text saying it was. i was unable to use need to activate again or fix the problem

• Ka
    KAREN MORRIS Aug 01, 2016

I PUT 147.00 ON MY WALMART VISA DEBIT CARD. I PAID 88.47 LIGHT BILL, 23.OO OIL CHANGE, AND 10.00 IN GAS I SHOULD OF HAD 25.OO LEGT BUT MY BALANCE IS 14 CENTS ON IT WHERE IS THE REST OF MY MONEY

• Ci
    CIPRIANO AND ALICIA Aug 01, 2016

I HAVE BEEN WAITING ONMONEY TO CLEAR IN DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND AND A HALF...NO MONEY MEANS NO BILLS BEING PAYED AND I NEED TO KNOW WHERE MY MONEY IS AND WHY ITS NOT HERE YET. MY EMPLOYER SAID THAT IT WAS COMPLEATELY FILLED OUT OVER THE ENTER NET AND STILL NOTHING

• Di
    diane racine Aug 01, 2016

I paid $148.oo on feb 10, 2009, and was not allowed to activate. Icalled the company and was told they would be sending me a check.Istill have not received this check, 3 months later. activation number is34220094091831. card number is 447o [protected] Visa Debit card

• Ky
    Kyahn Aug 01, 2016

I'm on this same situation... Did you ever recieve your refund?? I would like to start a class action law suit against this company... I will be contacting a lawyer today.

• Fi
    fircairn Aug 01, 2016

purchased walmart pre paid visa, loaded it with $66. tried to make transaction for 65.15, was denied. tried again, still denied. checked walmartmoneycard.com, and found i was charged $1 each time!!!
    Charged for transactions that were denied? get real.