Walgreenspharmacy service

S

Six days ago I submitted a Suboxon prescription to the Walgreen'S pharmacy on Ygnacio Valley Rd., Walnut Creek, CA.

I received an electronic message later that day stating the pharmacist was "reviewing" my prescription, thus causing a delay requiring no action on my part.

This morning, I picked up another prescription and inquired about the status of my Suboxon prescription.

I learned that the pharmacist actually did have a question but chose to sit on my scrip instead for multiple days. They then proceeded to ask questions they should have been answered by the scrip request I gave them.

The pharmacist told me they didn't have enough Suboxon to fill my prescription. I requested another Walgreen's be contacted to fill the scrip through a transfer.

After waiting over an hour and getting further redundant questions, I asked the pharmacy to fill another scrip I had waiting in the meantime.

They actually handed me the Suboxon they claimed they didn't have! They then proceeded to argue amongst themselves about whose fault this was. Not my problem.

More disturbing was the fact I could have walked out of there with an improperly processed narcotic prescription. I pointed out the error and waited some more while they tried to figure out their own mistake. I had to cancel an appointment to accommodate this.

I took my scrips home, only to get a call from Walgreen's telling me those very scrips in my hand were delayed. Clearly this was more erroneous information.

It really was very unprofessional on the part of that pharmacy. They obviously lack control over tightly monitored narcotics. I can only hope I never envounter such a mess again. If a pharmacist has questions, they should ask them in a timely manner rather than sitting on an issue until it becomes a customer emergency.

I understand mistakes happen, but this was ridiculous. I have used this pharmacy for over a decade and have noticed a service decline since they opened their new Ygnacio Valley Road store. Please check into this situation.