WageWorks company logo
WageWorks
reviews & complaints
WageWorks
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

142 complaints
44 resolved 98 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

WageWorks reviews & complaints 161 - 142

WageWorks complaints 142

R
Oct 01, 2015

WageWorks - Metrocard

I work for the NYC Dept of Education. When I set up my WageWorks account 4 years ago somehow I ended up having $90 deducted a month for a $54 MetroCard. Granted, this is my fault for not paying more...

C
Sep 15, 2015

WageWorks - Got the runaround resulting in losing my money!

I'm another example of WageWorks keeping my money. I had a commuter account with my former employer. I made a claim to reimburse myself for parking expenses before I left employment based on the recommendation of my HR representative. The claim was denied. Customer service told me to re-submit the claim, which I did and which was denied as it was for the following month and I was no longer employed by that company at that time. Each agent and supervisor I spoke with had a different explanation of the rules but the answer I"m forced to live with is that I had to somehow have a crystal ball to know how much I was going to spend on parking the following month and submit it well in advance of incurring the expense. For something that's driven by IRS rules and regulations, this seems like an asinine way to "pay me back" for parking expenses! Documentation from my former employer states "If you have any Pay Me Back elections that have not yet been reimbursed, you have up to 180 days from the last day of the benefit month to submit your request for reimbursement", which seems reasonable to me. Apparently WageWorks doesn't agree and is forcing me to forfeit the money in my account which is two months of parking costs.

R
Aug 14, 2015

WageWorks - Commuter expense scam

It's my money. I earned it. My employer blew its contract with the client, to whom I reported. My team and I had to vacate the office. We are being paid to wait at home for resolution. Therefore I no longer need to pay the monthly parking. Wageworks won't give it back to me, siting some IRS rule that supposedly prohibits the return of the monies. The fee will be "forfeited back to the employer". Really? The IRS allows the employer to keep my wages, and prohibits me from receiving them? They can cut me a check and take out the payroll taxes. I'm not buying it. I will file a wage claim--don't need a pricey lawyer for this. DO NOT USE WAGEWORKS COMMUTER EXPENSE PAY-ME-BACK "SERVICE". Their website is deceptive--you click on "cancel September parking" and they still deduct the fee. That's because you're supposed to also click "stop deductions". So, the "cancel September" button does absolutely nothing. When you click a button you intuit that the system will perform a function. This is intentional as far as I can tell. There's no pop-up or process flow PDF. My employers don't know the process. This is no accident.

WageWorks - Terrible customer service

This company has no idea on how to deal with consumers. They process claims for my Health Care reimbursement account for charges made via the debit card they issued. I understand that there are people that wold submit invalid claims. They rejected a claim from my doctor's office. I cannot see the justification for them rejecting a charge from doctor's office for medical service. What are they trying to prove. Also, it is impossible to contact them. They do not even provide a phone number, e-mail address or a method to submit comments on the web site. This company needs to be put out of business. They are leaches that only exist because they do not depend on repeat business from satisfied customers.
I recommend that you stay away from Wage Works and force your employer to also stop doing business with them.
It is a scam and should be avoided.

We apologize for your experience regarding your submitted health care claim. We'd like to see what we can do to help. Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter: @WageWorksCares or Facebook: www.facebook.com/WageWorks.

Sincerely,
WageWorks Social Care Team

We apologize for your experience regarding your submitted health care claim.

Sincerely,
WageWorks Social Care Team

WageWorks - Approved and denial

Had a bill denied by this cheesy wageworks company after being approved first, and now this company pushed it past the 2014 end date (End of march) and want me to submit cash out of my pocket into this account to cover a bill that had been approved prior! Now they are freezing my card that still has over $1000.00 of my money that i need for medical expenses. This is unjust! They should not be able to control your money and your card this way! This company is a joke and i will never use them again. Big mistake. Please make these people fix there incompetence on this bill! I no i'm no the only one they have done this to, read the other complaints...

WageWorks - Client account relationship communications

Wageworks manages Crowe Horwath employee FSA and DSA accounts. Wagework has failed to communicate properly with Crowe Benefit administrator to resolve an issue with with processing employees' claims to receive reimbursement for their savings accounts. Neither side is making an effort to resolve this for all the affected Crowe current and former employees.

The amount of work that this company makes you do to save a little bit of money is absurd. They have lost receipts on me, lied, and have been completely helpless. We will not use this benefit next year.

Jan 10, 2013

Hello all! My name is Katie and I am the Community Manager for WageWorks. I have read all of your complaints and would love to speak with you. Please e-mail me at [email protected] with a brief description of your issue and I would be happy to look into it!

Jan 10, 2013

Hello! My name is Katie and I am the Community Manager for WageWorks! I have read all your complaints and would like to speak with you all. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I would be happy to assist you.

M
Jan 01, 2013

WaveWorks has a very bad service

M
Jan 01, 2013

WageWorks make difficult to get refunded. They ask for receipts already submitted. I cancel my account for 2013 only because I do n ot want to deal with WageWorks

T
Jan 20, 2012

WageWoks fails to realize that this is our money and decisions made by their employees affect our lives. They don’t seem to be consistent or transparent in how claims are handled. Perhaps, they only way to change their behavior is to follow in the footsteps of Bank America and Verizon customers.

WageWorks - Time lag

Wageworks takes 5 to 7 business days to process ELECTRONIC transfers of accounts. in this day and age that amounts to keeping my money for a week before they get around to paying a premium. given they get an admin fee for "administering" this acct by my now former employer, i think this is archaic and unfair especially since every day of delay costs me the use of my health benefits.

WageWorks - Horrible company

These folks administer a benefit card for our large company. If time is money, the benefit from this company is well negated and will cost you time. They are completely incompetent and provide little...

WageWorks - Claims

This is truly the worst company I have ever dealt with, and that is no exaggeration. Pre-tax dollars to fund your out-of-pocket medical expenses sounds great, right? Well, I thought so, too, until I experienced their utter incompetence. The fun begins when they request receipts for certain care received, claiming that what they have is not enough. They say the IRS guidelines are strict, and maybe so, but as a customer you have no idea what WageWorks will deem "approved" versus "denied." You submit said receipts, hoping and praying that they'll be approved. Sometimes, yes--sometimes, no--with no sensible explanation offered. Then you have to call them (good luck finding a phone number on their website--there isn't one--what a surprise. What kind of company purposefully tries to keep you from contacting them?) FYI--"Get Human" site lists this: [protected] (it works). Call the number, and guess what? You've arrived in Offshore Call Center Insanity. Someone for whom English is most decidedly a second language takes your call. Now it's "deer in the headlights" time as any question falling outside of their limited, scripted realm will leave them speechless, clueless, just guessing, or deliberately lying to you. If you like variety, you've got it--do as I recently did and call and speak to three different reps and get three different answers--all useless, of course. Bottom line is this company fights like mad to keep you from spending your own hard-earned money because it's in their best interest--they profit from it! What a demoralizing, exhausting experience--they should be thoroughly investigated and shut down if their practices don't change. Google" WageWorks" "horrible, " "nightmare, " "rip-off, " etc., and behold the legions of outraged, cheated customers these charlatans continue to leave in their wake.

WageWorks - Continuation of coverage - check was sent and deposited, but they say no record

On May 22 I sent my continuation of coverage to Wageworks Inc, COBRA Administration in Lexington, KY. On the form it is stated that "you are not required to send payment with your election form...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

WageWorks - Cobra - scam!

My wife left her five year job as an RH for IASIS Healthcare mid April of this year (2013). We have been trying to get the COBRA insurance coverage since then. Two weeks ago we sent in a payment of two month's premiums, about $1900. We have called them daily and have been told we had active insurance. No medical provider has been able to confirm this, so we haven't been able to see a doctor or get Rx's refilled. Today, WageWorks admitted they 'just faxed the information today' to Aetna. We were also told that since we were 'only paid through the middle of June' that our lack of payment may negatively affect our ability to get this insurance.

Short Version: Paid $1900 for insurance. Haven't gotten a single day of coverage for it. And daily lies from the customer representatives.

This is a complete SCAM and there's nothing we can do about it. How does this exist in our country?

WageWorks - Total thiefs!

My company unfortunately uses Wageworks. My old company used Aon Hewitt and Carewise, who are awesome! For medical care, I won't bore you all with the same complaints everyone else has (routine doc appts are denied because they need your entire medical history before approving the expense). But for dependent care, I have a great story for you.

My son missed the cutoff for PA schools to go to kindergarten by 19 days. As a result, he was forced to go to daycare. Since he already completed K-4 (considered preschool), I put him in the daycare's kindergarten program so that he wouldn't have to repeat the same material.

Keep in mind up to this point, I can't put him in public school, but don't want him in a baby class either. Wageworks won't pay me back the monthly fee since it's considered a private kindergarten program. Even though I explained the situation, and can show proof he is not old enough to attend public school, they still won't process my claim.

The best part of working with Wageworks is that their customer service representatives call me sir when I am a female, and can't understand what you are asking them without repeating it 50 times. So they are thiefs and they don't help.

Great job Wageworks, I hope you go out of business tomorrow.

As a previous employee from there.
the only thing i can sugges is that if the receipt shows or indicates Kindergarten, the claim will be denied.
If that is not the case, i would recommend and fill out the PMB form, have the provider sign it, dont submit docs, and then they will approve the claim.

H
Apr 20, 2013

Email them at [email protected] The social team is really helpful. Make sure you include your employer because they will ask in order to look into your account. Not guaranteed to fix it, but way friendlier!

WageWorks - Denial of claims

Wage works is the flex card we use to pay deductibles, co-pays etc thru our company. However...complaints from 2010 and 2011 info which was requested, has been mailed in twice prior. Now they are submitting letters stating, they are going to file it as unpaid with our 2014 income tax! After spending much time on the phone, the reason for denial..."date paid was not in same year.'> however, an emergency surgery was performed in late November 2010..and was not billed until Jan 2011! so..how are we spposed to pay a bill, of which was not received, folowing suregery, not mailed to us until Jan of the following year? When you go in for emergency surgery, you do not pay anything the day of, which was the case...emergency appendectomy! billing happens later, at which time it was paid on time>>> unreal...and very harassing. We have mailed this info 2 times prior..with no resolve...and the phoine number on the letter they mailed to us, was completely incorrect as well, and after speaking with them, the info they requested on our letter, was not the same info they are asking for according to the person we spoke to on the phone. Something seriously needs to be done...we spoke to somone overseas, not in Wisconsin...total harassment on their part..

W

This is same exact thing that I have experienced. Health service rendered on year, received a bill the following year. How are we to blame ?

WageWorks - Commuter pass

As another unsatisfied customer reported in March 2012, WageWorks is supposed to make it easier for you to get your commuter train pass every month and for less money since you get it taken out of your paycheck pretax dollar. You have time till 12th of each month to change/cancel your order. If for some reasons you were unable to use your monthly pass, WageWorks will credit your account for a future pass, at least I was left to believe this to be true. Because of unforeseen circumstances, I needed to cancel my monthly pass for October. I called customer service on 09/26, and was told that it was too late to cancel the order for October, and that I should not worry as my account will be credited. All I was supposed to do was to call them back in early November. So I called WageWorks today, the first person I got on line told me that there is nothing that can be done as my money is already gone. The second person I talked (supervisor) told me that I need to talk to MUNI and Caltrain to get my money back. The third person (general manager of the customer support?) told me I need to talk to Clipper (MUNI and Caltrain passes are "loaded" to Clipper card). So what is going on? I spent more than 2 hours on phone without getting a resolution. Are we talking about completely incompetent customer service or a scam? When I pointed out discrepancies and misguidance to the manager (the manager should be responsible for the action of his/her subordinates), all I got back was that I need to send a complaint letter to their Executive Escalation Team !?! Now I wonder should I forget those $185 I wasted on the unused monthly pass, or should I hire an attorney to represent me. The latter will definitely cost me more, but at least I will have a satisfaction of seeing WageWorks at court. Honestly, at this moment I do not care about money, but on principle.

L
Nov 30, 2012

I completely agree with you knjigovodja, I am in the same boat and have received the same responses you have. I am located in NY was advised to contact the MTA to request a refund. The MTA customer service representative stated that I cannot receive a refund since I acquired my monthly pass through Wageworks. She stated they constantly receive customers from Wageworks and that they constantly direct them to the MTA when in reality its Wageworks responsibility. It seems Wageworks does not want to take responsibility for its actions and constantly misguides its customers in order to avoid a refund. I am sure we are not the only ones affected by their scheme. I also agree its about the principle.

WageWorks - Transit pass

WageWorks - Poor service & website

Wageworks customer service / processing / website SUCKS! It's incredible that this company with such poor service could go public. Nothing is more frustrating about my job, than having to deal with...

WageWorks - Denial

My husband and I signed up for our FSA account through his employer. We received our debit card and info from WageWorks. We used our card with a pharmacy with no problem. I recently used the remaining balance to pay off my fertility bill from a well known hospital using the debit card WageWorks provided. When I submitted 41 pages of info, including my hospital bill, Explanation of Benefits from my insurance company (who denied the claims, estimates provided by the hospital, and a copy of the credit card transaction, I was informed that WageWorks has denied my claim stating I did not provide the proper info. Seriously?! I sent you 41 pages of detailed info and my FSA was used towards a hospital bill. How much more info do you people need. Let alone you outsourced your call center and I can't understand the person I am trying to talk to.

Are you sure thats the reason it was denied for that reason?
becasue you can provide all the pages you want, but if you include the EOB as well, The EOB will override any other document that you have provided.
sounds that it may have denied for another reason.

J
Jun 15, 2012

WageWorks - Incompetent customer service

Have called WageWorks customer service 6 times in the past 2 months. They took money from my paycheck each month, but cannot get the fund transferred to my commuter card. There were a card serial...

WageWorks - Terrible customer service

These guys have no clue what they are doing. A few weeks ago my wallet was stolen and I had to replace my WageWorks credit card that I use to purchase my Metra monthly pass. First of all I was told...

WageWorks - Cancel cobra after cashing my checks

Wageworks terminated my COBRA as of March 31st though I have them cashing my checks for April and May (have proof of cashed check - and monies being withdrawn from my checking account).

1  ...  4 5 6  ...  8