Vons Grocery Stores Inc.bread & bread guarantee

K

Store: Mission Hills, corner of Sepulveda and Devonshire streets.
At 4:20pm I went in to the store to find a French Bread for dinner. I know Vons has a guarantee posted with the breads that if it isn't fresh at 4, 5 & 6 then it is free. Well, at 4:20 I went in search of a fresh French bread. ALL the breads in the rack were stale. You can't tell me that if these breads were freshly baked at 4pm, then at 4:20 they were stale? Anyway, I took one of the stale breads to the cashier and asked if they still had a ring it up because it was stale and the sign above the bread clearly states: "BREADS FRESH AT 4, 5, & 6 OR IT IS FREE" so I just went to inquire if they had t o ring it up. The rude cashier at the register said the bread wasn't free so I had to pay for it. I inquired why and she replied because it was 4:20 not 4pm so regardless of stale or not I sill had to pay for the bread. This was ridiculous as only 20 minutes had gone by, how can a fresh bread be harder then a baseball bat in 20 minutes. I did not get my bread, Van's did not honor their free bread sign and I believe this is false advertising and not honoring their guarantee by making false promises.