Vonage Phone Servicetelephone service

R

We are having a real bad problem , when we call out or recieve calls there is like a 3 second delay .Is there anything that can be done to fix the problem

• Ro
    Roberta B. Davis Nov 30, 2007

Note: My Telephone Number is: 301 460-3517

I call your 1-800 number tonight to tell them that I can't go with Vontage because the DSL Service that I have with Comcast won't allow me to change. Last night (11-29-07) I couldn't make any phone calls or receive any phone calls. All of the incoming phone calls went directly to my voice mail. Comcast came out today and said that they fixed the problem. It's not fixed because even though I can call out, my incoming calls still go directly to my voice mail.

I spoke with your customer service representative, Rea, and told her that I can't change over because of this. She insisted on transferring me to another internet service who would facilitate your service. Nevertheless, that company told me that they couldn't take my call and hung up.

I am on disability and I need my phone service. Please credit my account back for the $10.95 that I was charged and tell me where to send your equipment back. I need this done immediately.

Roberta B. Davis

John Saunders Dec 12, 2007

Vontage is the worst, Customer no service, we have tried to discounted our un used service for 6 months, You can call, e mail stand on your head nothing works, never, I mean never use this service. John.

• Fr
    fred lytton Feb 02, 2008

I signed up for service on 1/7/08 I have yet to get my phone working. The device they sent does not work. I don't have a phone to call with . When I'm at work they say i need to be in from of the computer, how is this possible if the phone does not work . Every one doesn't have a cell phone. I have no choice but to cancel my sevice.

fred lytton
    713-278-1147

• Ed
    Eddrina Mar 25, 2008

Vontage is the worst service ever DO NOT SIGN UP FOR IT. You are asking for a headache. I signed up for service in january, notice that this service did not meet my need. I am still to this date trying to cancel. I make a 1 1/2 hr call to them at least 3 times a week without any resolution and they are still deducting out of my acct. Horrible experience.

• Li
    LILLIAN RIVERA Apr 21, 2008

I DO Apreciate hearing the comment it really chane my mind in choosing this company VONTAGE Thanks again psl FL.

• Re
    Reid Strickland May 10, 2008

|Communication with customer service is like hitting your head against a brick wall...|||||Speek What language do they speek...sure not english

• Li
    linda May 12, 2008

I was looking at the tv advertisement for vontage phone service and thought I better read comments to see what peolpe who have the service are saying. Thanks guys for the comments. I will not be changing my service.

• Pi
    Pimp May 19, 2008

You guys are jsut a bunch of ###s then. I have Vontage and love it. Super cheap. You might need the person to come install it if your having all of these problems, because your most-likely not doing it correctly.

Joe Mitschke Oct 17, 2017

@Pimp Did u say super cheap? I was told that the fee is 10.00 for the 1st year & 20.00 for the 2nd year. Since when do voip services add an additional 7 dollars of governmental fees to bring the total monthly cost to 17.00 The 2nd year would increase to 20.00. I would think that the total with the incremental tax would come to around $30.00. Might as well just get a landline phone 4 the same price. I am paying magic jack an annual governmental fee of $3.50 per year On top of that I only have to pay them $39.00 per year. I am happy with magic Jack. I do recommend the Magic Jack Plus so the u can turn off your PC & have it connected to your router. I am very angry that they did not mention that extra $7.00 fees. Voip do not charge much 4 these extras. Only landline phone r subject to a lot of hidden fees. SHAME ON VONAGE...a scam company to say the least!

• Yo
    Yolanda Diodonet Jun 12, 2008

It seems to me that whenever there is rain or strong winds my phone services are disrrupted and there goes my internet services(Comcast) as well. I have been without my phone services for at least a week now. My daughter called your company and they asked her to call comcast. She did calles comcast and the internet is back on however not the phone services. I should mention that I am handicappedbesides I am a patient at Fox Chase Cancer Center and having a phone is crucial in my case. I would like to be compensated for the weeks that I have no services. Thank you, unsatisfied customer.

• Vi
    Vincent Mar 11, 2009

Hello,
    As I was looking at your international network connections, I saw you had every part of the world except the continent of Africa. Is there a reason for skipping that continent? Do you know in Nigeria alone there are over one hundred and eighty million people that will need your service and did you know that Nigeria's are all over the world and if your service is as cheap as in other European countries, every single home outside of Nigeria will own a piece of your service. I have had vonage service in my home for over 4 years and to be sincere, I am very happy with Vonage service.
    Please contact me to tap into the Nigerian market, I garantee you will not regret it. My account number is 1004574901.

• Av
    A VONTAGE HATTER Jun 28, 2009

I signed up with the company so called "VONTAGE" and what a big big disappointment. I signed up with them, the equipment came but i never hooked it up because i just kept my phone service with AT&T. Well a couple of weeks later i tried to cancel and at first they wanted me 2 verify my account with a four digit password, but when i signed up with them i did not set one up. I was giving them all the other info to the account but they still wouldn't do it. I went round and round with them for a month 1/2. Finally i got them to cancel the service after deducting about $100.00 dollars out of my account and i never even hooked the stuff up. When i canceled the service they said they had to charge me a fee of 39.95 for disconnection then a 75.00 fee for canceling the service...i switched banks on them so "GOOD LUCK". Anyone who is thinking about using there service, take it from me """"DON"T""""

Joe Mitschke Oct 17, 2017

I can hear the person on the phone but they can't hear me very well. The tech service was useless. On top of that I was charged a monthly fee of $10.. only to find out later that they tack on an extra governmental fee of $7.00 totaling $17.00. On the 2nd year they were going to charge me $20.00 so the extra taxes would total a monthly fee of $30.00! Might as well just keep my landline for the same price, but with better reliability. The super Plus Magic jack charges only a yearly tax fee of $3.50 plus the yearly charge, a mere $39.00. I did change my credit card because I have read some of these complaints so that they will not siphon out my bank account. My advice...tell Vonage to go to HELL!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices