Vodacomsales/technical

J Jul 12, 2019

I have been having on going problems with my pre paid Vodacom number [protected]. For some unknown reason my pre paid sim sees not registered on the network. Today I bought a new sim from the local cafe, but could not get through to Vodacom Customer Care. I went to Vodacom Eastgate, and asked for help. The sales lady advised that the sim I bought from the cafe was not riccard and therefor I must buy a new sim from her for R20. I found this very strange as not long ago I also bought a new sim from the same local cafe, called Vodacom Customer Care and they did a sim swop in no time. I then asked the sales lady to get Vodacom Customer Care on the line, but the agent advised I failed the security questions and therefore I must by a new sim from the Vodashop. The lady sold me a new sim and registered the sim on her computor at Vodacom Eastgate without asking any identification or security questions? I had also called Vodacom to assist with apps being installed unusually on my phone and was advised to go to a Vodashop as they will assist without any cost implication, but once again Vodacom Eastgate refused to assist me and told me I must book the phone in. I think the service and personal protection from Vodacom is shocking.