Virgin Active South Africalonehill club

T Aug 02, 2018

To whom it may concern. I am furious. I have just popped in after work to pick up my well earned smoothie. I had my 2 year old on my hip. They asked for my card which I gave and then they asked for hers. I said that I didn't have it with me as I was just picking up my smoothie. The lady then said that it didn't matter what I was doing and that she needed her card. I gave them her ID number and they alllowed us in. On my way out, 5 mins later, I asked what would have happened it my daughter was not a member. I asked if she should stay outside on her own whilst I pick up my smoothie. I was told that I would have had to pay a visitor's fee. This is ridiculous. What absolute nonsense !
This is the second such event I have had at this club in the last few weeks. Whilst on school holidays, my husband took our daughter ( with her card) to the gym to play whilst he ran. They were there for about 40 mins. They came home and then I went to gym. My daughter asked to come with. I got to the gym ( with her card) and laughing said to the clubV lady that my daughter was loving gym so much that she came again. With a sullen expression, I was told that there I should a maximum of 2 hours per day per child. I asked to see the manager and waited 45 mins but to no avail. Going to gym should be a pleasant experience and it usually is as most of the staff are lovely and even greet my daughter by name, but the few in between make for a very unpleasant experience.