Village Inn Restaurantscustomer service

E Oct 30, 2019 Review updated:

My family and I wanted to order Village Inn because of the good food and the pies. We have ordered from this location several times and had the understanding that Wednesdays your order came with a slice of pie. We ordered online for the convenience and when we arrived to pick it up we were greeted by a less than friendly cashier. He explained that pies don't come with to-go orders (which we were surprised by since we've always had to-go orders come with pie) but then he added "especially, not with online orders". It was so rude and made us feel almost ashamed to have ordered online.
He didn't offer us a receipt, so we don't have the purchase details. The food was great, but the service left us with a bad taste in our mouth.

• E
      Oct 30, 2019

Are you referring to the "Free Pie Wednesday"? Because if you are, it clearly says on their menu that the free pie is for DINE IN only. You are calling this employee "rude" and complaining about their service all because they explained a company policy to you; a policy they didn't implement and cannot change. I'm sure that poor guy would have loved to have given you free pie but he probably loves holding onto his job more.

• E