Village Innsuggestive sales excessive

Z

My wife tells me she went down to Village Inn June 8 2012 to order a Cobb Salad to go and the manager there asks: "Would you like some pie?", she says no, and he asks (according to my wife) "are you sure?" Now this makes her angry and I already got on this store for doing that. Then on her way out he says "we'll see you on Wednesday for free pie".
Village Inn, many people hate you for the endless harassment. If there were a Denny's close by I would NEVER set foot in Village Inn. I eat healthy, if I wanted frozen pies (as they come in to Village Inn frozen) then I would just go to King Soopers or Safeway but some of us don't want to be obese so leave us alone and if your precious pie is so valuable to you that you insist on running away the customers who don't want pie then just become a Pie Shop and let Denny's take up the slack. Your persistence tells me you do not appreciate me, a non pie eating customer that you have to twist my arm, "Are You Sure You Don't Want Pie?" That's Bull S***. I said no so leave me alone, I don't want pie today and I don't want your damn pie on Free Wednesdays and it should tell you something that if you don't see me there on Wednesday shoving free pie into my face means that you can't even give it away to me for free and I won't even give it to my dogs because I care about my dogs health as much as I care about mine.

What I do when I eat at Village Inn is I tell the waitress in advance when I order that "I will not be having any pie or desert so please don't ask me". Believe it or not that does not work in some stores. At a different store in Denver The waitress says, "make sure you save room for pie" so I have to stop her and ask, "did you not hear what I just said?" she says, "yes but I have to do that", so I get the manager, and the manager insists to me that they must do that, I said "No You Don't. I don't want pie, and I don't want you pestering me 3 to 5 times before I get out of here because it goes like this: Save room for pie, Do you want pie? (I say no), Are you sure you don't want any pie, (say No, I don't want pie) then at the cashier, Do you want any pie to take home? (I say no) Are you sure you don't want to take a piece of pie home with you?( say no) So I tell her, I Do Not Want Pie, Why must you twist my arm? What happened to doing what the customer wants? I don't ask for much, Is it so difficult that I politely say I do not want any pie from the very start that you can't leave me alone on that one thing?

I despise Village Inn Corporate offices for being so disrespectful and so disconnected from their customers that they must treat me in such a low manner that what I want is insignificant. Just imagine how many customers you piss off. I sit and watch your customer's expressions and they are certainly not expressions of joy and happiness but more like they are extremely annoyed as they are pestered for the 4th or 5th time.

RESOLVED

They stopped the arm twisting tactics over pie pushing, things are normal now without the pressure that you MUST get a free pie or you aren't normal for saying no I do not want pie.

MauiAL51 Jun 10, 2012

I wonder how the OP and his wife react when they go to MacDonalds and the worker asks "do you want fries with that?"

• Ls
    Lsera99 Jun 10, 2012

G M Chrysler! Is all it takes is a little pie to get you hot; I can only imagine what you'll do if someone cuts you off in traffic. Chill out, have some pie. Oh wait...nevermind.

• Id