[Resolved] Viking River Cruiseslost baggage

T Aug 11, 2018

RE: Booking Number 5040887 (Russia), Aug 8 TO Aug 20

I must report a situation that this is slowly turning into a nightmare.

Our luggage, part of which includes my disabled husband's wheelchair, was lost. We are going into the third day now, and I just got word that we will not get it until we arrive in Moscow---an additional 7 days!

The Viking Helgi crew has been very accommodating, no problem there. Our clothes are being washed every day. They are contacting the airlines several times a day.

However, I cannot connect with the local authorities of the airlines (Air France and Aeroflot). We have a claim number LEDSU99482, but it keeps giving me a recorded message that "tracking is taking place."

I do not understand why a wheelchair that sits unclaimed at the airlines could not have been prioritized. Luckily, the Helgi had a wheelchair to lend.

Another problem: We held only enough medicines for four days in our carry-on luggage. The rest of our meds are in the lost baggage. So we had to see the Viking on-board physician to obtain as much similar heart and Parkinson's meds as possible for my husband. He currently is very dizzy and has already fallen once on this trip in our cabin (from veranda back into the room).

My question to Viking: Is there anyway that you can intervene to get our luggage to use sooner than in SEVEN more days when we get to Moscow?

Theresa Ann Pinney
[protected]

• Viking River Cruises's response · Aug 13, 2018

Thank you for reaching out, Mrs. Pinney. We sincerely regret that you have not yet been united with your luggage and that you are missing several important items as a result of the airline’s delay.

Although we are happy to hear that Viking Helgi’s crew has made every effort to assist you during this frustrating time, unfortunately, we aren’t able to expedite or influence the airline’s timeframe. Please continue to connect with your crew to discuss the status, as they are happy to continue to retrieve updates from the airline on your behalf. A member of our Customer Relations team to contact you upon your return home to discuss your experience in its entirety.

Mrs. Pinney, we understand that these type of trip interruptions aren’t ideal and hope that your luggage is returned to you swiftly so that you may fully enjoy the rest of your cruise through Russia.

• Resolution Statement