[Resolved] Viking River Cruises — lost baggage
RE: Booking Number 5040887 (Russia), Aug 8 TO Aug 20
I must report a situation that this is slowly turning into a nightmare.
Our luggage, part of which includes my disabled husband's wheelchair, was lost. We are going into the third day now, and I just got word that we will not get it until we arrive in Moscow---an additional 7 days!
The Viking Helgi crew has been very accommodating, no problem there. Our clothes are being washed every day. They are contacting the airlines several times a day.
However, I cannot connect with the local authorities of the airlines (Air France and Aeroflot). We have a claim number LEDSU99482, but it keeps giving me a recorded message that "tracking is taking place."
I do not understand why a wheelchair that sits unclaimed at the airlines could not have been prioritized. Luckily, the Helgi had a wheelchair to lend.
Another problem: We held only enough medicines for four days in our carry-on luggage. The rest of our meds are in the lost baggage. So we had to see the Viking on-board physician to obtain as much similar heart and Parkinson's meds as possible for my husband. He currently is very dizzy and has already fallen once on this trip in our cabin (from veranda back into the room).
My question to Viking: Is there anyway that you can intervene to get our luggage to use sooner than in SEVEN more days when we get to Moscow?
Theresa Ann Pinney
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Viking River Cruises Complaints & Reviews
- Viking River Cruises - scam 
- Viking River Cruises - the cruise that never was 
- Viking River Cruises - breach of contract 
- Viking River Cruises - additional cost to correct their travel arrangement mess 
- Viking River Cruises - customer satisfaction 
- Viking River Cruises - substandard in every way 
- [Resolved] Viking Cruises - customer service and refund policy
- Viking Ocean Cruises - panama canal
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruise - long ship cruise becomes long bus ride 
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruises - terrible communication policy