Vericrest FinancialForclosure

I have been with CIT since May 20 20oo and I must say not ONE problem or Late fee. When Vericrest took over CIT my whole world got turned upside down. Constant harrassing rude inappropriate calls that I was behind on my payments. I tried and tried to get someone to discuss my payments with me but they would always say their records do not go back that far and they could never send me what they were looking at. Then I received foreclosure papers- my husband and I almost separated because he didn’t believe I was truly making the payments. Back in Aug 2007 I lost my job of 8 years, did not receive my guaranteed severance package, at the time I was 8 months pregnant. I had never been late on my payments so I did what I felt was right and called my mortgage company (CIT) to see if there was anything I could do. they said absolutely, and I did a deferment for 3 months. CIT guaranteed me they would keep my payments current and add the 3 months to the back of my loan. Exactly what they did! My deferment was from sept, oct, nov, making my next payment dec. I however paid 2 payments in October, one in November, and continued to make my payments on time. When I started receiving these calls I would beg them to go back to my deferment date and move forward. They rudely refused and would proceed to humiliate me asking why I never made last months payment, (which I did) I literally could write a book about this but it gets better. I finally got the bank and get every cancelled check since Aug 2007 I had even made 15 payments in 12 months. After over 200 hours of staying on hold, getting disconnected, taking 3 days off of work finally get this Steve guy in the foreclosure dept who says he can definitely go back to Aug 07..then he tells me "You were never approved for deferment" luckily I had my letter in my hand then he said let get with legal and I will call you back by 2pm..OF course NO CALL and when I finally reach Steve 3 day’s later-he says I got news we are going to defer these late payments until Aug and we will take you out of foreclosure. Being in the mortgage business myself I was outraged and of course he could not send me anything stating it was a mistake on their end. I waited until I received my statement showing I was current before pushing the issue any further. Then I get a letter that made no sense stating I was approved for modification. I called and spoke with this lady on the phone who says they lowered my payment $350 and if my I make my payments on time for 2 years they will forgive 54000 but I had to sign and notarize this paper and fax in today and then overnighter as it stated I had 10 days to accept and this was the 10th day- very odd considering they overnighted me the form. I did what she told me to do and then I had an attorney look at the letter and he said that is absolutely NOT what they are saying basically it was all a lie. He advised me to sell my house or refinance. I ordered the payoff and it was 198k I bought my house in 2000 for 176K...have never touched the mortgage. Now every time I call my payment is different never the same and it has had a different due date 3 times. I have given up so they advised me to do a short sale, explain the process to me. At this point I will do anything to get away from this company- they spoke with my realtor on more than one occasion and then once I received a contract they told me and my realtor I do not qualify for a short sale. In the past 2 days I received my 1099 for interest which was only for $6100-completely wrong (I even have a print out I had printed showing I paid 13, 100 in interest last year) tonight I received a 1099 for $54000- money I will have to pay taxes on but yet they cant tell me what is for accept that I am responsible. Now for the best part...if I let my house go which is what I am going to have to do just to save my marriage and for my health. I will NOT have a job as you cannot have a foreclosure in my line of work come June 2010. I am calling an attorney tomorrow. I called the attorney general and they said that cannot guarantee they will look into this case that I must fill out this paperwork and send it in and if they have had enough complaints they will contact me. If anybody knows anything I can do please respond

• Si
    Sick of Vericrest Aug 12, 2011

I have had horrible experience with this company also. You need to file a complaint with the FDIC, FTC and your Attorney general as soon as possible. Also, contact your state and federal legislator. My Congressman wrote my letter to the FDIC. These agencies still have a process, but enought calls will get them going. Then tell Vericrest you did it. They make more money as most do with a foreclosure or short sale than by helping you out. Also ap;ploy for HAMP and the Hardest Hit Program if it is in your state. Vericrest may deny it, but keep notes! We need to fight!

• Fe
    feelbadforseniors Jan 27, 2010

This same thing is happening to my mother. I would love for her to file a complaint, but since her stroke she has a hard enough time remembering every day things, I don't expect she could write a letter and attach proof, especially since they will not send her any paperwork on how her payments are being applied, but I did make some calls for her requesting a amortization and they told me they don't have anything like that. Can you believe it! A home lender who doesn't know what that is! At this point I knew I was dealing with morans, and shes stuck because she is now retired and probably could never refinance. My mom wanted to see how much of her payments were being applied to equity vs. interest because every month her payments are also different and she is on a fixed loan. After 3 phone calls, I was finally told that they would send her the schedule, but never did. I think there are like 2 people in this office which I envision is out of their home down in the depressed area, I don't know, they are just really shady. What was CIT thinking selling these to mortgage companies that are not reputable or possible even legal. Maybe she should sue CIT.