Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance [VMF]

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc.

500 Alcoa Trail

• 3610 Buttonwood Dr, Suite 218, Columbia, MO 65201
  • 25030 South 190th Street, Queen Creek, AZ 8514

Complaints & Reviews

fraud

I moneygramed a payment to Vanderbilt on November 11th. As of today November 28th, they have not credited my account for that payment. I have emailed them the reference number 4 times. They continue to call and harass my husband and myself 4 to 5 times a day. Today I received a letter of intent to foreclose even though my loan is current. I will be pursuing legal action.

scam / ripoff

Loan are Frud and bought a house and all kinds of my home I found was wrong and they want up and down on my mortgage and never gave me my insurance check and now i know my loan dont make sense and I'm losen it and they are trying to take it my place is not on a foundation I know my mobile house not up to code I'm getting scammed still getting scammed i need help [protected]@gmail.com

manufactured home

I have had issues with this company from day one. They began with quoting me one price on my home; but after I signed my contract, the price/monthly note changed tremendously. They also add two different types of insurances into the contract, but the company finds any and every excuse to get out of fixing the issues. I have not had my home a good five years, and everything in my house is breaking/falling apart. My floors are lifting, my doors leak, my cabinets are falling apart, the showers, sinks, and tubs are breaking. The walls are paper thin, and my ceilings have cracks.

vanderbilt mortgage credit life ins scam

my mother & father purchasd a home thru Oakwood Nov 99 it was supposed to be 2000 w/2x6 extior walls storm windows plywood floor it had none of this also they got credit life ins was told if one died the home would be paid for... mom passed Oct 7th 2017 dad 31 days later.. they told us that credit life was only for 3 yrs who would buy some [censored] like that.. Vanderbilt and their representatives . knowingly either scam and rip off honest people. ... I've checked a credit life is supposed to be for the term of loan. they've since repo the home sold it on the market.. I even tried to make payments and they refused it because it wasn't from my parents account. tried to take over the loan with my name on the loan they sent me papers to sign in my dad's name and told me it was ok just sign the papers .. I know you cannot sign a dead persons name ... they paid on this home for19yrs $120, 000 and only $5, 600. went to principle if anybody can help us get these SOB to be held accountable for their crimes. please text or call Franklin Ferriel [protected]

loan approval then denied

These people are real life scammers like they kept pulling my credit even without my consent are knowledge I went from being approved and sending deposits to full denied all of a sudden when I sent my money they said they re ran my application and I was denied they are full of scams and surprises I hope they pay for all the hurt they have caused people.

customer service, etc

I had a couple customer service representatives tell me I could pay a little each week and it would be fine... Until 6 months later I couldn't figure out why we were so far behind. Then I was told that you couldn't pay like that so my full payments weren't even being applied. That's the first incident... My husband gave them permission to accept a payment over the phone from my father "a one time payment"and that was it, they gave him our full payment history and everything in our account (side note: we've been married since we got the home 11 years ago and they still won't even let me call and find out how much we owe even after my husband told them to put me on the account!!! They are very rude

Vanderbilt Mortgageuntruthful post on credit report

My story begins in the Summer of 2011. I was on a timeline, so I made a decision based on speed and bought a doublewide mobile home from Clayton Homes. I was told that they were looking at several mortgage options. Later I found out that the only company through which they do mortgages is Vanderbilt Mortgage. The mortgage got approved and I began to make plans for a job to support the payments. By June of 2012 I had moved back and thought I had a job lined up. Then the job fell through. I did what I could to honor the mortgage payments, but finally my money ran out. I had no job and no income. Only my ex-husband kept me in food and electricity. And I defaulted on the mortgage.

Vanderbilt threatened foreclosure in early 2013. I started bankruptcy proceedings and that stalled things. Then the bankruptcy failed and by January 2014 foreclosure was back on the table. That is where this story gets really complicated. The mortgage company was unable to foreclose because they had made a serious error with the original title. My mother's estate was left to me, sister, and my brother and states that our descendents receive the land after our deaths. Only my sister had children, two sons. She predeceased my mother, so her share of the estate went to them at my mother's death. Because this is a Life Estate the four of us own the entire property equally. When I was purchasing the mobile home I used a percentage of the land, about 3.75 acres, as collateral. At that time both of my nephews were over 21. We asked repeatedly if they needed to sign the mortgage agreement. The mortgage company made the decision that they did not have to sign the agreement, and that only my brother and I needed to sign it. So that is what was done at that time. When the mortgage company tried to foreclose the title issue came up again. The judge who was presiding over that issue said bluntly that because my nephews had never signed the original agreement then the mortgage company could not foreclose. The company tried to buy out my nephews at a ridiculously low price. Of course, my nephews have refused to sign anything. At that point we were at a standoff. I also retained legal counsel at that time. Now I also have a stable, monthly income.

Fast forward to 2017. This past year has been a year of negotiations. The mortgage company finally decided that the only way to go was to get a judge to force what is called a partitioning. That procedure would divide up the land and force me off the property. Then the mortgage company and my nephews would own this small acreage and they would have to work out a deal between themselves. The mortgage company had the land appraised in March 2017. When the appraisal came back it stated that the land and mobile home were worth $60, 000. That is when one nephew and I started thinking of another plan. We discussed the idea that if foreclosure should happen, then he would purchase the land and home. As a first time homebuyer he would get a great deal. He and his wife had excellent credit scores. My lawyer offered to the mortgage company that I would buy out the property for the appraised price. They finally accepted that offer. My nephew and I went loan shopping, thinking this was a done deal. I had $10, 000 up front, so we were looking to take out a loan for $50, 000. That's when we got the first shock. Seems because my nephew has paid off all his debts and owes no one any money, his credit score is now non-existent! I began looking for another type of loan, but that nasty title issue got in my way this time. So, at the end of October I had to fail on the Settlement Agreement. I was so humiliated, but I simply could not raise $50, 000. We asked for another 30 days to come up with that money, and boy did we look. A friend did loan me $10, 000.

I told my lawyer that I needed more time to get the title issue worked out so a bank could loan me the money. The idea of a Quit Claim has been raised, but I am slow to follow through because my biggest fear has always been that if I pay a real estate lawyer to fix this issue, then the mortgage company will swoop in and take the property away immediately.in late November we made another offer to the mortgage company. Would they take the $20, 000 and then set me up on a payment plan for a year at the end of which I would pay out the remaining amount? That offer would give me time to get the title cleared, safely, and get the loan through a refi. I heard on December 14, 2017 that the mortgage company turned down this offer. I talked to my lawyer and we sweetened the deal to $30, 000. Of course, that means I have to come up with another $10, 000 very quickly. I have $3, 000, but it does leave me looking for another $7, 000. As part of that search I went to my bank on January 9, 2018 and got yet another shock. The mortgage company has now listed me as in foreclosure, which is actually incorrect, no paperwork has been filed at this point. However, because it is listed that way on my credit report, no bank will consider a signature loan for the $7000.

I am currently looking for an attorney who will assist me in filing fraud charges against Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt Mortgage — unethical behaviour/ and payments keep raising/ wrong credit reporting

We have a FHA loan with Vanderbilt Mortgage, they have done nothing but problems. First was the insurance was not being taken out of our payment, then our escrow account was in...

Vanderbilt Don't Use — mortgage

Before I tell my story, please, please contact the CFPB if you have had problems with Vanderbilt. I will explain why at the end of my post Eleven years ago, my husband and I...

Customer service

Vanderbilt is a joke and I would love to see them go under and take those rude people with them. I have had my home almost 13 years and the last few years have it hard. The mortgage company that claims they work you to avoid foreclosure won't. The first of this year I was given some misinformation by 2 employs from other mortgage companies and unfortunately I followed it getting 3 payments behind. I had been given a new acct rep and believed that she would work with me but she became just like the others and lied and threatened. In July of the year I have sold my home and we are due to close but Vanderbilt is attempting to foreclose on me before we can get the closing done.

Vanderbilt Mortgage — Harassing phone calls

Today I have had it with Vanderbilt Mortgage. Our mortgage has a grace period until the fifteenth so we exercise that right. Vanderbilt begins calling my husband and my phone on...

Vanderbilt MortgageHarassment, violation of my rights

The company that holds my mortgage, VANDERBILT MORTGAGE and FINANCE, calls me 10 days after my payment is due. They can’t legally do this until 30 days after the payment is due. If I don’t answer my phone, then they send me a letter like “we haven’t received your payment as promised”. My payment is due on the 1st of the month, my wife got paid on the 3rd of the month so this is when we paid the bill.

My wife died a year ago, and I get paid on the 3rd Wednesday of the month so it varies from the 15th-21st of the month. this is when I can pay. This company will not cut me any slack and waive the late fee of $35.00 a month that I have to pay because of the way I get paid. They refuse to work with me to change the due date’, or waive the late fee which isn’t right. I have discussed this matter with them but they continue to harass me and violate my rights .

They even have the gall to suggest that I pay extra. I can barely pay what I have to.They get the payment every month without a missed payment, but I still have to pay a late fee, but technically I am only a few days late not a month late and there should be no penalty because I can’t control when I get paid. I think this company should be punished legally to the fullest extent of the law. For violating consumer rights. This comes to $420.00 per year in late fees.

• Sh
    Sheila Ditto Apr 23, 2014

Vanderbilt did the same thing to us. They would call us on the 5th or 10th of each month to say we were late with our mortgage. We originally asked that the payment be made at a later time due to my husband's pay schedule. We got letters and phone calls all the time. When I tried to explain my husband's pay schedule I was told that we weren't handling our money responsibly. They were rude and we were unable to work with them. We were so sick of them that we took the money out of our retirement fund to pay the house off. I would not deal with them again with their rudeness and uncooperative attitude and their interest rates.

Vanderbilt Mortgage Companyfraud

My daughter in law bought a mobile home from Luv homes in tulsa, ok back in 2002. To keep the cash down payment the manager drew up a warranty deed on 1 acre that belonged to my husband and I, then notorized her signature as ours giving her possesion of the property. The notorization read that my husband and I signed in front of him giving this land to her. We had no idea. Less than two years later the trailor was repossessed and vanderbilt was going to take my property. I sent papers showing it was mortgaged at the time to a bank and copies of our signatures proving our names were forged. Vanderbilt did release the lean on my property. Four years later, before the property could be conveyed back to me it happened again. The property was put up for collateral as down payment on another trailor by my son at another vanderbilt trailor company. It should have been in there records that this property was in dispute over ownership. thre records should have shown my son and daughter in laws names as bad credit risks but they gave them the mortgage anyways. Now 4 years later another repossession is taking place and they are trying to take my property. They wrote to my son offering $1, 000 if he will state the property was clearly his and sign it over to them. There files should prove my facts. They are guilty of committing fraud and forgery. They should release the mortgage lean on my property so that i can obtain ownership back in my name or take my daughter in law to court for fraud and forgery. Sincerely, Donna Shrum
P.O. Box 43
Fort Garland, Co. 81133
Contact number- [protected]

VanderbiltMortgage Fraud

I have a complaint against Vanderbilt Bank. I have the payments drafted biweekly. I receive a statement every month. With that statement comes a coupon where I can send in an extra payment. On this coupon, it says “Your account will automatically draft as agreed. Please use this form to make an additional payment by mail if desired.” I used this form to make an additional payment. They used this additional payment as a customer payment instead of an additional payment and did not draft out the normal payment. When I asked about this, customer service said that it had to be more or less than the actual payment for the coupon to work. This was done on 20 NOV 2009. The second time I used it, the same thing happened. Only I put in over double the amount of the drafted payment. This time I was told by customer service that it had to be under the amount of the drafted payment. This was done on 24 DEC 2009. When I asked them to fix it, they said it was too late and could not fix it. So I tried again being under the amount of the drafted payment. I was $4.89 dollars shy of the drafted payment to make sure that it was not used as a customer payment. Vanderbilt still used it as a customer payment and did not take out the drafted payment as they were supposed to. They added on negative $4.98 dollars to make it work. This was on 27 DEC 2010. When I asked about what happened, customer service got me in contact with the accountant. I asked the accountant what happened and she asked me if I had put for PBO only on the check. I said no because it had said that the coupon took care of that. She laughed at me and told me to put PBO on the check. I asked her to correct this problem. This is how she corrected it. She took the next draft payment and took it off and used it all for the Principle balance. She however did not draft out the payment to replace it. This left me short two payments. She did not remove the negative $4.98 as I hsd asked. This raised up the amount of interest that I owed. It also took away from my escrow, making it where there would not be enough to pay the insurance. I asked how I could make extra payments. I was told that I had to go online and get a special coupon, print it out and use it to make extra payments. The side effects of the extra payments was that it messed up the schedule of the drafted payments. The payments was every two weeks on a Wednesday. Then it changed to Thursday, then it changed to Friday. I never knew when the next draft would take place. I got mad and went to the BBB. I made my case and BBB accepted my case and contacted Vanderbilt. That got their attention. All of the things that customer service said that could not be fixed was fixed. I used the new coupons with no trouble until 22 JUN 2012. They did it again. They used the extra payment as a customer payment and did not draft out the regular payment as they were supposed to. When I asked why, I was told because it was too close to the draft date and it cancelled out the draft. The funny thing is that the first draft was taken out on 20 JUN 2012 and they received my extra payment on 22 JUN 2012. It does not matter what date the extra payment is posted or when the next draft payment is due, this should not happen. When I asked customer service to correct this, she suggested that I use a phone check. The phone check has a $10.00 fee attached to it. I told her no. When I told her that I was going to call her manager, she found a way to fix the problem fast. If I cannot use the coupon sent to me every month and I cannot use the coupon from online, then how can I make extra payments? I was also sent an amortization. I cannot pay off the interest either by regular payment or by extra payments. I will even pay interest on my last payment. Is this legal? I was told by a customer service member that there was no magic way for me to make extra payments. I have tried BBB, CCA, HUD, and other organizations, but to no avail. Vanderbilt will not respond to them or to me. The main question is this, the coupon that is sent with the statement is misleading. The coupon says it is to be used to make additional payments, but when used, it is not accepted as that way. There is nothing on the statement or the coupon that says not to use this coupon or how to make additional payments. Why, then, send this coupon with the statement? Why not send the other coupon that I was told to use? The other coupon is more specific. It has on it ***PBO*** in bold print. But when used it was still used for customer payment instead of extra payment. No matter what I do, I am lied to by the customer service personnel. They try very hard for me not to put the extra payment on the Principle Balance.

brittsherry Feb 29, 2012

treated like dirt and talked down to and refuse to take payments.

Vanderbilt Mortgagecollect debt after bankruptcy

I bankrupt 7 years ago on a account with Vanderbilt, BUT I STILL SEND IN MY PAYMENTS ON TIME ALL THEM YEARS...YEAP!!! 7 YEARS.I didnt know or how my bankruptcy got handled.And could NOT get the attorney to call me back he no longer do bankruptcy cases, so last week I spoke to another/new attorney he looked up my bankruptcy case, he told me that I was NOT RESONABLE FOR THE ACCOUNT so i stopped making payments now, I'm getting calls every day from Vanderbilt Mortgage, I have already told them to stop calling me. NOW I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IS ALL MY MONEY AT? I ALSO BEEN PAYING LOT RENT FOR YEARS...THIS COMPANY SUCKS BIG TIME...TAKE CALLING FOOLS I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU...

vanderbilt mortgage/home first insurance — would not fix roof of trailer

I bought a trailer through Vanderbilt mortgage and had to buy my homeowners insurance through their company which was home first insurance. Could not and I repeat could not buy...

Vanderbilt Mortgage CompanyWhat is the purpose of insurance on a home that don't pay for any kind of damage

In 2000, my husband and I bought a used home which was financed through a company called Bombardier Capital which 5 years later bought out by Vanderbilt mortg. We purchased this home for 21000 payments $269 plus $30 a month for ins. We had some hard times which led the previous company to put some payments to the back. Once Vanderbilt took over, our payments went up to over $400 a month, saying we owed for back taxes and insurance. Note, our insurance was only $360 a year. They said our payment would be $425 until we caught up and would go back to $269 which never happen. We paid $425 for 2 years and Vanderbilt could not explain what this money went toward. My husband lost his job, they did'nt want to work with us. Harrassing, calling, sending people to our home, taking pictures everytime they came out. Very rude and nasty, threatingforclosure. In 2007, we file a claim for water damage, and roof damage after talking to a rep. they finally sent someone out in 2008. After the adjusters looked at the damage he told they would get back with us. 5 weeks later we recieved the claim which was $6000 that the insurance company say the were not liable for because it was wear and tear over a period of time. So, now my family has been forced out of a home which they forclosed on 02/2009. What is the purpose of insurance on a home that don't pay for any kind of damage. So, this house is on our credit owing the same amount that it was purchased for. We have paid $25800 or more in 8 years on this house.

Vanderbilt Mortgage — predatory lending

This company specializes in targeting young people starting out, and low income families. They will typically charge between 11-20% interest for a loan. If you have the misfortune...

Vanderbilt MortgagePaying to much

I have been paying vanderbilt mortgage for 10 yrs..total of $96, 000, 000 they still say I owe 37, 000 dollars.. what bad people they are..need advice plz..try to log in they just keep booting me out with wrong password

I'm tired of this and furthermore..I have payed out for 2 mobile homes.. for the payment of one..I'm so pissed..I just want to sale this home, but its in a park..times is hard..ready for a break..why they are still charging me I don't know...need advice from anyone.

VanderbiltMortgageSUCKS Apr 19, 2011

Hate to tell you this but your screwed as far as credit goes! I no longer live in the mobile home that Vanderbilt has the mortgage on. I advise you to talk to an attorney. You can probably short sell it. If you cant get a buyer then screw them! Do a voluntary forclosure. They will still show a forclosure on your credit but they wont come after you for all the BS legal stuff. The best thing about that option is that they get the SHAFT and you get that retarted monkey off your back!

VANDERBILT MORTGAGE CO / CLAYTON HOMES — UNFAIR CUSTOMER SERVICE / DECEPTIVE SALES ASSOCIATES

first of all, we were desperate to get out of my mom & dads house. we had a rough time with vanderbilt mortgage co in the past... we live from paycheck to paycheck...4 kids - 1...

Vanderbilt Mortgage Maryville TNpoor ethics

Originally my mortgage was with another company, this band of protagonists bought my mortgage without me even knowing.

The constant harrassing and poor eithics coming from this company is never ending.

They keep telling me I am three months behind on my payments which I have four more left to pay on this account. I have proof I have never missed a payment, its their poor bookeeping skills and Im sure constant turnover of employees that is causing this issue.

As well as the constant harrassment on the phone as well as calling my place of employment, they send some guy to my house banging on the door wanting to take pictures. Ive had enough and have proof of my payments.

I have already contacted a lawyer about this issue and have recorded all of their unprofessional phone calls and voicemails. This company stays one step within the law, I am just waiting for them to take a step over and we will be in court.

vanderbilt mortgage/clayton homes/ berkshire hathawayhud violations/violations of the auto stay/forgery/fraud

have been involved in pro se litigation with vanderbilt mortgage/ my state involved/ politics/ corrupt judicial system...had a fixed rate mortgage originated on property that was an illegal landfill, no county records of that or my ever owning originating property, no mortgage filed/sued for money back on property/ vanderbilt unwilling to change amount of loan to reflect a new property/ paid monies from sale back into mortgage/never reflected/no statments ever in over ten years/forced into litigation by vanderbilt with continued raising on monthly payment with excuses from escrow, property tax increase, insurance, warren needs new shoes, no documentation of said increases, made a regular payment was put into an overage account by vanderbilt, and they started foreclosure...i said come and get it, but your gonna have to kill me before I give up, been through every court every state federal entity to get to the bottom of this to no avail, did a chapter 7 with hopes of getting the issues into a different court not very good outcome thusfar...have had mail tampered with (anything coming from the court of appeals) filed reports on that, tried to get in with the fbi...have been targeted by local police...hmmmmmmm, getting stopped for no reason, incurring cost after cost, coincidence?, I don't think so, tried to expose local politicians who were involved in my closing, and the sale of "dump" which I lived on, which made my children sick, which i have environmental reports on that no human inhabitants should live within a hundred feet of, in current litigation have been provided by vanderbilt two hud statments with payoffs to two different sellers, all "names" in santa fe county...vanderbilt forged applications for title on my mobile home 4 years after my supposed closing...they think my birthdate is 01/01/1901, my question is why arn't we being heard???? Vanderbilt and their attorneys and all involved are breaking every law and rule that there is meant to protect the consumer, WHERES THE HELP? Killing me slowly is what they are doing, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? Please visit my website, I'm limited as to how much I can do on here, but there might be some useful links and such for those of you in the same boat. God Speed

www.seekerfortruthandjustice.yolasite.com

• Mo
    mom6 Dec 29, 2009

hmmmmmm thanks for taking the time for such positive non-judgmental feedback, there is an old saying you know, walk in someone elses shoes before you pass judgment...but thanks for your wonderful insight, and invaluable advice...your a winner thats for sure. And just so you know, not all of us are fortunate enough to aquire representation against such a large company and I for one am extremely proud of the fact that I have come this far on my own. Let me just speculate that you may have connections with Vanderbilt ???? Have a wonderful day!

• La
    L & M Seamon Jr Jan 06, 2011

Well, my shoe size must be the same size, as my huband and I purchased what we were told, was a modular, with all upgrades. Our builder, Bergh Construction, Eau CLaire, WI, along with Schult, Clayton, Crest, whatever they are calling themselves today. Our house is a manufactured nightmare. The loan was predatory. We should know? I was 55 year's old, in 2007 and never heard of predatory lending. Schult claims, we were given a special HUD home. What that mean's? Building violations, health violation, and a generic, clapboard box with ceilings opening, mold under the crawlspace and cabinet's that come off the walls. Crest/Schult faciliate sub-standard home's to Bergh. Our house is only 3 year's old. Floor's are mushy and buckling, no trim on window's, window's are NOT Anderson Windows, as advertised. We have minimum insulation, even though it was bought with HUD money. Paranoid? We are getting the same treatment too. I have service record's for each time they came to fix one problem, only for another to appear. I contacted Wisconsin Dept of Building Safety, who issued many violations. That was in June, 2009. Violations still exist. State will not do a thing. I am on SSD. This is a sick house too. you CANNOT retain an attorney. Either it's way too expensive, or attorney's perfer the wealthier clients. Romaine Bergh, of Bergh Construction, Eau CLaire, knows many people and attorneys. Our house is a Berkshire-Hathaway, which is another way of saying a dump. Warren Buffet is involved someway with Berkshire, and worried he would have to eat at McDonald's for Thanksgiving. Let him, eat bread. Like one of you said, unless you walk in our shoes, you do not know. We are old, sick and and will have to move again, because this house is so bad. Wasn't Vanderbuilt with us, Wells Fargo Mortgage. The loan was predatory and we fell, hook, line and sinker. HUD home's are Government funded loans. Guess who's pocket the money comes from? Tax payer's. All banks should closed, until they pay back their "bail-outs". Why would Schult/Crest/Clayton, and all those other aka be used? Fraud, and big time, with Government funds. The one who responded and knows so much about law, why don't you help people in our situations and see for yourself. Yes, there is no fool, like an old fool. But this "old fool" is in for a long run. I will not stop complaining until we have a safe and healthy place to live.

Chong Yang Aug 12, 2016

Any more updates for building a home with these guys?

VanderbiltRude customer service

I was laid off in April and was trying to get Vanderbilt to work with me on the payments but they just refuse to work with me and threatens me with forcecosure cause I'm $290.00 dollar behind. Ms. Rogers at Vanderbilt is so rude somebody need to take the responsibility to sit the customer service rep down and teach them how to respect the customers and maybe they'll receive some respect back. Someone done told them they were God and that's not true. Ms. Rogers need to brush up on her customer service skill because she really don't have any if you ask me. Unless they pay her to be "B" she need to be fired.

Vanderbilt mortgage/ clayton homeunsafe house

In January 2007 i broguht my home, I have had the state broad out to the home. my home have a electrical short in the bedroom, siding bad, dry out carpet in each room, walls with nails showing. the doors are jam. i have tryed to work with the company, the only thing i got is treats from the loan officers. i have try to get help from my state representative. I hope some one will look in to this company.my home is 96, 000. and when i am done paying for my home will be at 350, 000. with my own land. there so many pictures of the home.

unsafe house

Vanderbilt Mortgage CompanyFinanced Mobile Home on property that was fradulently obtained

Vanderbilt Mortgage Company financed a mobile home for Linda Gail and Jimmy Rogers Bown illegally as the mobile home was put on property that was illegally gained by creating a fradulent deed that was signed by a person who could not possibly have signed it due to a paralyzing stroke and someone else had power of attorney over her affairs. They purchase the property from family members and were only to purchase .2811 of an acre. The deed was created for 3 acres of land that was divided property between family members and they should have only purchase the .2811 acres. Once the deed for 3 acres was filed in the county they went back and created another deed for .2811 acres dividing it from the 3 acres that they had originally illegally purchased (3 acres did not belong to the originaly party that sold them the land). The party filed an affadavit of heirship at the courthouse by getting one of the sellers wives and one of the sellers live-in girlfriends to sign the affadavit saying that they knew the ancestors (whom they did not and the affadavid also stated that the heirs to the property did not have children which there were 16 children born to both unions and most were still living). Then they filed a deed at the courthouse with a fradulent signature on the deed that says a wife of the originaly owner signed which she did not because she was in a nursing home and had had a stroke that incapacitates her and she could not possibly have signed this deed. The affadavit and deed were notarized by a local notary who when approached agreed to sign an affadavit saying she did not notarize the deed nor affadavit eventhough her seal was on it. The affadavit stated that she was approached to notarize the paperwork but she declined because she knew the lady was not able to sign the deed nor affadavit. My complaint is that Vanderbilt Mortgage placed this mobile home on the property and the land was obtained by illegal means. My family have since hired an attorney and is seeking criminal charges against the parties involved but Vanderbilt Mortgage as a company has the responsibility of making sure that when they finance a loan that the property actually belongs to the person purchasing the property before the put a home on that property.

Vanderbilt Mortage — jennifer caudle

Vanderbilt is the worst company that me and my husband has ever delt with before they will not cut you no slack on in trying to lower your monthly payments or even help you try to...

VanderbiltMortageAwful company

Vanderbilt mortgage they have the nastiest rudest people any body could ever talk to or deal with they are predatory lenders.Will not work with you in any way the first thing out of there mouth is foreclose if you can't make the payment you need to move into the getto.We put $27, 000 down on $67, 000 doublewide in 05 our interest is 11.25% our buy out is only around $40, 000 we will pay over $138, 000 when it's payed for we had no credit so we did not have much of a choice but to sign so we could move out of columbus OH. To get our daughter in to a better school district.We will pay over $66, 000 in interest. They think we are still in the middle ages and that they are GOD!!!. In between jobs got behind but are current now they would call 10-20 times a day you tell them the same story over and over but would not care pay or get foreclosed on.I just pray to god that they all lose there jobs and shut down so they can get a taste of there own medicine. They are not GOD!!! Just another greedy mortgage company getting rich off of hard working people.

Vanderbilt MortgageFraudulent company

WE are also having problems with Vanderbilt, they sent us a letter stating we are in default the first we have heard of it, they stated they sent a letter in November but we never received it or are they just stating this to save their own behinds. Who knows what they write in their files, I asked for a break down of our account the first of last year and never received it, but they state they mailed it, Since they purchased our contract 3 years ago we have had nothing but problems. I say let them have it I would rather live in a tent than deal with them any longer.

• Is
    Isabelle Feb 04, 2009

I am constantly harassed by this company. The home I bought was from Freedom Homes in Glasgow, KY. They have yet to fix everything that has been wrong with my home. The mortgage Company says that NOTHING will get fixed until I give them my Checking account number for automatic drafts. I did not want to make 2 -3 payments a month with them. NOW they are refusing to take my payment over the phone. I am on disability and unable to drive at the moment. They call several times a day and are very rude. I have the money to pay them BUT they said I had to go to Walmart and pay an extra 20 dollars to send it by money gram. THIS company is PATHETIC. Customer service has made my place of purchase NOT fix everything wrong with my home since I bought it. This is a RIP OFF!!!

They also was suppose to leave the axles that the home came on BUT they took them. My Doors are not setting right. I can't even Lock my Slidding door, my screen does not fit, My carpet is coming up and that has yet to be fixed.

• To
    T of Arkansas Dec 28, 2011

Question? Has anyone, been able to payoff their mortgage with them early? I will be receiving a lump sum in the coming months and I am soooo sick of the run-around I get. The never ending phone calls, the day the payment is due, ect. Like many of you all I have been put through the ringer with this company and it is on the verge of driving me insane.

Vanderbilt Mortgage CompanyAwful company

I got my mobile home through them in November of last year. BIG MISTAKE! Since the beginning, the amount owed has been wrong. I have asked them several times, Jessica and Ashley, they say that it has to be put that way, and everything is fine, even though they put down that I owed November. I have a contract that clearly states that the payments were to start in December. I later got behind of $200 due to my disability check getting messed up. Now they say I owe $1, 484.00, and sent a letter to me, and said that they were going to foreclose on me, sent by Ashley, of course. As a disabled person, I have been doing everything I can to come up with more money. Ashley calls me every week and rudely bugs me all the time about it, and now this. Vanderbilt is worse than Elsea mobile homes, and that is really bad!! And if anyone from Vanderbilt reads this, I am telling you to BRING IT!! I HAVE THE PROOF THAT I DO NOT OWE NOVEMBER, AND I AM NOT OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS BEHIND!! I ALSO HAVE PROOF THAT I PAID FEB. PAYMENT, THAT YOU REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE. I think that all of us need to get together, and stop them from doing these horrid things to people. I invite anyone that works there, to walk a mile in my shoes, and let me hound you to get out of your house, and lie and say you owe more than you do!! They are suppose to be there to help people have a home, not to try to make them homeless.

Vanderbilt Mortgage — Beware

Beware of these people. I have had my own bad experiences with them over the past year because of a divorce I went through. Believe me when I tell you that these people don't...

Vanderbilt MortgageThey over charged me, according to my contract

I just got a disturbing call from my neighbour. He said, Vanderbilt called and told him to tell me to call immediately, my home payment was past due. They found his number on google. I never gave him as a contact. I was really mad about this. I called an attorney. It's illegal. I started checking into other things. I found out all these years they have been charging me 11.11% interest. My contract reads 10.45%. I don't know how much that means for the past 11 years, but I'm about to find out. I also will never pay my payment on time again. I have joined others in paying my payment on the 29th of every month. They can't do anything. Please everyone, check on your interest rates and your contract interest rates.

brian Mar 01, 2009

All you are doing is making so if something happens they cannot help you cause you never pay on time and you are giving them more money by paying late fees, i am sure they are not sad about that!! Oh by the way, it is NOT illegal to call your neighbors and leave a message with them asking you to call them. I am sure your neighbors know why they are calling because you never pay your bill on time and never answer your phone. What do you think they are going to do then, call your family, work, neighbors, anybody they can to get ahold of you.

Johanna May 08, 2009

Brian...Do you work for Vanderbilt?

As far as the original complaint. Please post a way for me to get in touch with you. If there are any others out there that have the same problem, please do the same. I may be able to help.

Thank

Vanderbilt Sucks Dec 07, 2019

@Johanna I am having problems with them now, email me at [email protected]

• Ro
    Rockyracoon May 20, 2010

This is the same boat we are in.They never came in thru with fixing anything that they said they would we've been our home for almost 8 years and it's falling down around us but they want their damn money.They called my grandma and told her that they were going to send the cops to our house and have us and our two little children kicked to the curb.They have been nothing but a heartache for me, they made it sound wonderful and they have made me cry so many times...my work had to threaten to file charges so they would quit calling me there.I say we all get togeather and say CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!!!

VanderbiltMortgageSUCKS Apr 19, 2011

Short sell that property as soon as possible. If enough people default they will go out of business. Oh yea Brian you are right about that not being illegal but it is very unprofessional. It just reflects the morally bankrupt company that Vanderbilt is. Any company that charges double or triple the interest rate of a traditional mortgage is in fact a SHADY COMPANY bottom line! You can try and rationalize it all you want. Just because its not illegal doesnt mean its right! Brian here is a piece of advice for you if you do work for Vanderbilt or a company like them. Save your humanity and quit! If that doesnt appeal to you think about this! Vanderbilt and companies like it specifically target low income/low credit individuals and families. These people are much more likely to default, now look at the financial situation our country is in. Who do you think will be the first to default? The people barley making it thats who! Who are these people? YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! All the rude phone calls and underhanded collection techniques are just a sign of a failing business!! Good news for your CUSTOMERS bad news for the employees that are equally guilty of everything their company does! YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET!!! KARMA will get YOU!!!

• Bo
    Bob Eaton Apr 03, 2014

Hello my name is Bob Eaton I made the big mistake of going thru CLayton homes in april 2009 first off they told me the home was a year end clearance model, after they informed me about the first time home buyers credit that was available then they sent me to a tax lady they were sending potential buyers to and actually filing the federal goverernment first time home buyers credit money and getting it be for they even signed a contract or even went to the title, closing appointment which was my case at the time of title deed closing I find out the home was actually 2years old a 2007 so now the is already 2 years old they DUG my property up and poured the foundation be for even went to closing then they tell me I had to get rid of the doublewide I already have on my 4 acreas of land I own FREE AND CLEAR! (Because of the first time home buyers credit money You can not have bought or owned a home in the previous 3 years, I Later found this out so now they committed federal government IRS fraud ! And THEN THE IRS denied the home purchase credit money because they found out I had all ready owned a home here and wanted there 8000 dollars back ! The it's was going to levy on the house and my land ! I fought back and forth with irS for 2 years ! ALSO HOUSE was DAMAGED in setup foundation is not level home doesn't even set oN foundation for about 25 feet walls are coming apart Doors won't close have the Windows won't close and lock this whole deal is a mess been a mess I have tried going thru the Missouri manufactured housing authority 2 years later no fix waist of time Clayton knew the home was DAMAGED in setup and foundation and so did the Missouri manufactured housing authority Later filed a claim with my home owners policy which is home first agency who is owned by guess who ? Clayton homes well they denied my claim do to to much settling which has been my problem from day one, , , so they lieD To me DAMAGED the home committed IRS fraud, PRICE GOUGE high interest Rates the list is endless ! Home has been here 4 years and I can't do anything with it never been late on even one payment to add to all this I am on social security disability and they knew this iI had told them from day one i had no extra money ever, if anyone would like to talk about this or more of what has happened mY email is [email protected] Clayton and all there associates are scammers, !, liers! Thieves! AND if you do try to contact Clayton they are rude ignorant and do try to threat in you hope many people read this please! Thanks in advance Bob Eaton

Vanderbilt MortgageDon't talk to me like I'm your dog or other pet...

Emily has to be the worst person that works there. Can't wait till the last coupon gets mailed in cause I would really like to wipe my *** with it and send it in. tell them there this is the service I recv. So I'm just giving it back to you. Please don't ever send any customers there way let them go belly up. To *** with them. What comes around goes around. When they fold I hope there folks like Emily calling her and talking to her like she did me.Peace out to all and good luck dealing with Vanderbilt

VanderbiltMortgageSUCKS Apr 19, 2011

Yea they tried the tough talk with me. I threw it right back at them. I am perfectly capable of paying the note on my property. I have renters in it now. I have however decided to allow it to go back to them. My credit will take a hit, but honestly I don't care anymore. I own the home I live in, I have two new vehicles and we already pay cash for everything. They will take the mobile home back then sell it. They will then attempt to come after me for the remaining balance. My credit will have a foreclosure on it for 7 years. Now I owe 24k on the property and I pay a 12% interest rate. So in return for a negative mark on my credit I get to save over 400.00 dollars a month and I pay less than half of what I currently owe on a mobile home that I have long moved out of and got my use out of. An added benifit for this is the headache that the Vanderbilt people have to deal with as well as me getting the SUBLIME satisfaction of talking to their employees however I feel and of course spreading the word about how awful, and immoral their company really is. SUCK IT VANDERBILT EMPLOYEES! YOUR COMPANY HAS A FAILING BUSINESS PLAN! If a company treats its customers like this how do you think they will treat their employees when they go belly up!? Ill tell ya! You will come to work and the lights will be out and the doors locked! Karma is a mother!! Just remember YOU DESERVE IT!!

• Jl
    JLMKS Jul 31, 2011

Can I short-sell a manufactured home? Will I have to pay the difference in what its sold for and what I owe? I've paid $29000. over the past three years, and I am still $1000 OVER what I agreed to pay on the sales contract. The is PREDATORY lending! I'm sure I'm at fault for being a dumb ### and being suckered in to a loan like this, but they are still PREDATORS!

Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance, Inc.Beware!

I have had leeks in my walls when it rains. Now my walls are caving in. I had this problem soon after it was set up. They could not find the problem. I had to replace front door frame. My husband and I bought it new had it financed 15years .he lost his job 8 years ago so we got 3 months behind they told us to move out. So we borrowed money from friends then I started to make the 316.00 monthly payment on my 6.00hr job. I tried to get them to refinance to make payments cheaper they said than they don't do refinance. Now 3 years ago I got a divorce and kept the home. 2 years ago I had two heart attack had to have surgery could not work I got 2 months behind they sent a man to my house to take pitchers so they could sell my home. My family took turns paying for my home until I got my disability. I make 700.00 month I still struggle to make 316.00 payment they still want refinance it. my car broke down it had to be fixed so that put me 1and a half month be hind so I would send them 10 to 30$ extra a month .they are very rude on the phone the keep calling to tell me that they are going to take my home they sent a man again to take pitchers so the could sell my home because the say I owe 400.00 back pay. Now the say that I don't make enough money to keep my home that they will have to take it I only owe 4 years on it.

Vanderbilt MortgageTerrible experience

Our payments have been drafted from our account biweekly for ten years now and have never been returned. Last month my husband was laid off from work temporarily and I contacted VMF to inform them of this and that the money would probably not be in there when they went to draft the payment until he returned to work. 'Norman' told me that as long as I let them know what was going on they would work with me and advised me to put a stop payment on that amount they draft until he went back to work and I could mail in my payments until everything got worked out and we started receiving unemployment checks.

I kept contacting him and informing him of what was going on and then one day I received a phone call from 'Jeanie Myers' wanting to know what the problem was and when we were going to make the payment. She said Norman turned the account over to her because it was so delinquent (a week and a half late) and she was trying to collect the payment. I explained the situation to her and told her what Norman told me to do and she demanded to know when we would be getting unemployment checks and I explained to her that I had no idea because we had never been through this and we couldn't even call to claim a check until three weeks after he was laid off.

Two weeks after the initially speaking to Norman I contacted VMF and told them I was mailing them a payment and they told me I had to send it Western Union which I found out costs around $20 so I dropped the payment in the mail that day.

I just got a phone call from 'Jeanie' wanting to know if I sent the payment Western Union and I informed her I did not because it costs $20 and right now we couldn't afford any extra expenses such as that. She then raised her voice with me and said that is the price that I have to pay when my payments get so far behind and if she did not recieve the check by this coming Friday she would proceed with foreclosure (although the payment still is not even 30 days late!). She then proceeded to tell me that she 'specifically told me NOT to mail it and to overnight it or Western Union it'. I explained to her once again that my husband just returned to work today and things would be caught up in a few weeks, but that did not matter because she kept threatening with foreclosure on Friday if she did not have a payment.

After hanging up with her I made an online payment to catch up the payment and we are looking into to refinancing at a REAL BANK. Be aware of these people. If you speak to one person and they tell you one thing apparently it doesn't matter and each individual can make their own rules and time limits. This Jeanie lady was extremely rude. I used to work in collections at a bank years ago and I NEVER spoke to customers the way she spoke to me. We were never allowed to raise our voice no matter how delinquent accounts were. I think VMF needs to re-train their employees or hire more professional ones.

NotNaiveAnymore Mar 24, 2014

Unemployed, they could no longer afford to pay a mortgage. The payments have to be about 60 days late or later than that for urgent action to be discussed. I think she should have called a lawyer to discuss the situation with him or her. It's better to call the company office to discuss a stop payment instead of just trusting that someone in their employ will do that as a courtesy if they have said that they will (obviously, he may not have done so).

Vanderbilt MortgageFraud and scam

I purchased a home from Clayton Homes in 2000. I was 19 years old at the time and newly married. When I went to Clayton Homes I specifically asked for a Land/Home package. They had none. Instead, they showed me brand new homes with tons of 'amenities', including a 'free trip to the Bahamas with every new purchase'. Ha, what a crock. I told them I was interested and they set to work.

My grandfather was leary about the deal and called them to tell them I reconsidered. They called my house and had me in tears as they talked about how I had 'misled them, and how they worked so hard to get me in a new home and now I wasn't interested and how I had really done them wrong.' I am a people pleaser by nature so this really upset me. I told them yes I'd take the home. I DID NOT get my free trip, first of all.

Second, I was told I would have monthly mortgage payments due on the 1st and the 15th of each month, (to make it less expensive this put my payments at 277.00/mth). Apparently this is not how it works. When I was three months behind in my payments because my money was building up in the bank and they weren't withdrawing any funds, I realized something was wrong, so I called. I was informed that the payments come out every 14 days and I didn't have funds in there on the date it was due because it was three days before the 1st.

So, now I'm 19, have three months of negative credit on my report and I asked for a once a month payment instead. I asked them to set my date in the middle of the month. They refused. My payments went up to 314.00/mth and due on the 1st. The representatives were rude, obnoxious, and I got a new rep every time I called. Then at the end of my three years, I received a new bill for 472.00. This was to be by new payment, with escrow insurance. Escrow insurance?

I had no idea what that was. Apparently when I signed my contract, the nice 'gentlemen' who made me cry didn't explain this, so I got saddled with a exorbitant payment I could no longer afford. No one would buy the home because it was not worth what was owed and I couldn't rent it out for the amount of mortgage I had to pay. Needless to say, I voluntarily surrendered the home when I was 23, it did not show on my credit report until I was 26, and now I'm 28 and couldn't finance a bullet if I purchased the gun.

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Clayton Homes are rip off artists and the 'talent' they have working for them should win the Oscar for most efficient salespeople with no concern for others. Congratulations, Vanderbilt for your greatest achievement ever. SCAMMING.

• In
    Ingrid Jan 15, 2009

I purchased a Santafe in 1993, my home was fully paid for by 02/2005. To this day I have NOT been given my lien release and since IKE *** near demolished my home completely my ins. believes they dont have to pay ME but instead they have to pay Vanderbilt Mortgage instead!! Of course they get a check and say.. "oh look its pennies from heaven and we dont have to worry about its rightful owners" So now I am without repairs or money to do them due to all of this.. how wonderful!

I suffered for years with Vanderbilt screwing me year after year and now this!

Vanderbilt Mortgage Co. — no statements/ no service

We've had our doublewide for three and a half years, paying our payments thru automatic bank drafts. Never been late, never missed a one. My husband got sick, couldn't...

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc.Liars

I have been with them since 02. They just started to send out a statement so we knew where our money was going. Well, they bumped our orig. principle amount up by over $4, 000 and then shows an escrow on my account and 10 days later it gets removed. There is no escrow on this loan. In 6 years I’ve paid in excess of $40, 000 and of that less than $2, 000 has gone to my principle. I can’t take this any more. I want my loan fixed and then refinanced. I use to love my house but it is a money pit. Has fallen apart due to poor workmanship. I no longer even LIKE my house they've made it a home of *** and torture. Any words on how to get out from under Vanderbilt’s foot would be great. I need my loan fixed so I can refinance.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jul 23, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

Vanderbilt MortgageThey're calling our neighbours

We're late on our payment & they call our NEIGHBORS & leave our account # & name, trying to get them to have us call back. The only way they could have gotten their #'s is by looking them up online, I assume just by searching for our road name & calling everyone near us. Our neighbours are mad at us that they keep calling, but there's nothing we can do to stop them. Isn't this a breach of confidentiality? I mean, they're harassing our neighbours as much as they are us. We don't have the $$ to pay right now, or we'd call them back! They finally stopped calling my mom because I told her to tell them we didn't live there, she didn't owe them & if they called her again she'd seek legal action for harassment.

Is there anything we can do about this? Anyone else have this kind of experience? On top of this, the double-wide we are paying for is a piece of $h!t!! It's got soooo many problems. We'd have been so much better off building ourselves, but were in a hurry to get into a home. SE Homes have extremely poor quality products!

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jul 08, 2008

• Gi
    Gidget Feb 17, 2009

Vanderbelt went as far as to make threts to my children that they would be there that day to pull their house out from under them and they would be sleeping on the ground where their hose once was. Thay actually called my house and told my minor child these things.
    How are they getting away with this? HOw long is it gonna tak for someone to stop them?
    Our loan as sold to them we did not choose them. Our payments increased by more than $200 a month when they took over the loan.

Vanderbilt MortgageBeware of them

I left my husband six months ago. He was staying in the mobile home yet Vanderbilt continued to call me every ten days when he was late with the payment. They have called my mom, my brother, and my new number. Now my husband moved left me with the mortgage. Vanderbilt told me I need to come up with almost 1000.00 for the 3 months he was behind or they will take legal action against me. Since he got everything except my sanity I wish they would realize you can not get blood from a stone. No cooperation from them. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

brian Mar 01, 2009

What do you expect them to do. say sorry and do not worry about paying your bills!! Of course if you do not pay them they will take it, are you paying your other bills, cause your home should be your priority. I love all complaints on here about people crying that they are past due and vanderbilt called them saying to pay. If it was your money you loaned out what would you do? I bet you would be calling to.

• Jl
    JLMKS Jul 31, 2011

There's a difference between calling and trying to collect, and the illegal ways this company is trying to collect. We all need to pay what we owe, but not to rude, inconsiderate, lying, predators.

Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc.They don't stop calling

I have told Lindsay that so and so does not live at this number, yet she still calls me. She leave's rude messages for them to call her when she's not even calling the right number. She needs to stop calling me before I get the law for harassment. How many times do you have to tell someone to stop calling that the person they are looking for doesn't live here. And that you don't even know who they are or how she got my number. I wouldn't be as upset about it as I am if it weren't for her rude messages on my voice mail. Why can't she stop calling.