Value Plusno website to get $25 gift card

Like the others who have complained, I signed up for a 30-day-trial with a promised reward of a $25 gift card. When I just tried to go to their website to claim mine, I found only a long list of complaint sites about this company. I had also signed up for a similar trial for another product called Fun Source owned by them, which gave the following website to claim their $25 gift card: www.myfunsource.com/open/form/gc and I was able to access that website and download the form to send for the gift card, but whether or not they will actually send one is the question. I will try to cancel both services and hope that they don't charge me.

My subscriber numbers are: #[protected] for Value Plus and
#[protected] for Fun Source.

Do you do anything to help the complaintants or is this just a place to alert other potential subscribers?

Sharon Ward

• Pa
    Patricia Fry Oct 01, 2006

Gass card for 40.00 just call and activate it...Well no place to activate it at and then they keep taking money out of my account and I want it stopped...Total of 14.95 each month....It is a scam and they need to be put out of business...They said it was a Visa credit card offer but they did not get my account number from me....I did not order this and do not want this.

• Do
    Donald Willitts Oct 20, 2006

I was sent 30 day trial membership that included $25.00 gift card for trying, today I attempted to cancel but could not contact at # listed 1-800-475-1942 also could not connect to web site to claim $25.00 gift card. something is very wrong! Called later in the day and made connection thru # 1-800-475-1942 and was told my credit card had not yet been charged and I was still in trial period. Attempted this eve to log on website but no such web site listed ???? I will cancel this [ membership]
    fri- 10-20-06 if it takes all day.

Charlotte Laster Mar 02, 2007

I don't know what charge this is for. I had it turn up on my credit card. Please let me know what it is and how to get rid of it.

• Yo
    yolanda wright May 18, 2007

Every time I try to call to leave a message the line is always busy. I have yet to receive a call or any; but they took their deposit out of my account which i want to cancel. They also offered me a 25.00 gift card which i haven't received because their is no website for this type of transaction. All I ask is for the money taken out of my account back, cancel my subscription and everything will be forgotten. They have my info just refund me and all is forgotten.

Please consider this offer without further proceedings!!!

Ms. Yolanda Wright

Mark Jun 12, 2007

The address is: http://www.valueplusonline/gcform.html
    It isn't very complicated. If the phone is busy you should try calling during different times of the day.

• Ca
    CAROL OSEGUERA Jul 16, 2007

I, too, could not access the www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/gc site. I called to cancel my membership @ 1-800-475-1942 & spoke to a customer service representative & I also asked how to redeem the $25.00 Gift Card. She told me to go to:

www.valueplusonline.comgcform.html

and sure enough, there is a form to download & fill out & send for the $25.00 Gift Card. I have saved this form & will submit it for the Gift Card. We'll see how long that takes. (It is indicated to allow 8 - 10 weeks for receipt of Gift Card) Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas!!! LOL!

You do have to register & create a login & password. Or, you can register using the subscriber number sent in the Welcome Letter.

Hope this is helpful information.

• Ju
    Juanita Attaway Aug 08, 2007

Ok I called the number to cancel the membership (1800.475.1942) and went to the website (www.programstop.com) and they said that the membership was canceled now what? How do I know that, that has been done? Did some of you guys stop it this way? And if so how did you know it was stopped? You just had to wait till the bank statement came in or what? Anyone fill free to email me @ [email protected] and let me know what's going on because I can not afford for nothing extra to be coming up out of my bank account.

Beware!

• Li
    Linda Moon Sep 24, 2007

My Mom is 88 years old. She is in assisted living, on a walker, and very hard of hearing. I handle her finances but she writes her phone bill and discovery card bill which is used for her medicine purchases. Yesterday I discovered a charge on her Discovery bill for $16.95 that she did not what it was. After checking, I discovered she has been paying this for the last 11 months.

It is listed as WC*Value Plus 800-475-1942. I called them and they tell me it is a discount coupon book for dining out. What a rip off. First my Mom has no car, is not mobile, and very seldom eats out. She has received no coupons or a card to us for this service.

Value plus says they will not charge her again and will send me papers to get a refund. I will be a thorn in their side until this is resolved. THIS IS A RIP OFF - A PURE SCAM!!!

• Ji
    Jim Simpson Oct 30, 2007

I was checking my bank account and noticed a 19.05 charge i called and was asked questions looking back probably to add information to the scam whatever it is except to steal money and justify it somehow when i asked what the services are they said discount shopping i demanded my money back after they immediately said we will cancel your membership, i said i never joined your club and they said ill look into getting money back, i am sick and tired of these kind of people, it seems they can scam your money and no one does nothing to stop them there must be someone that overseas these web sites JJS

James Street Nov 27, 2007

Value Plus debited my account for $19.95 and caused an overdraft on my account. I am a social security reciepiant and can only withdraw a limited amount each month. This was did without my knowledge. I cannot contact them online to get a phone number or to cancell my membership.
    James Street7

JoAnn Preamble Feb 01, 2008

I have unauthorized debits from my bank account by WC*VALUE PLUS-V 800-475-1942, WC*HOMEPLAY-V 800-475-1942 and AMA*HEALTH OPTIONS 855-915-1190. I did not give them my bank card #. They called on my cell phone. It appears they are out of MN.

• Sd
    SDG Feb 12, 2008

I received a letter from Value Plus stating, "as promised, we're giving you$40 in Cash-Back Gas Rebates just for signing up for Value Plus (sm). Log onto www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/40 now to claim yours!" After going to this website, it comes up as an error message or asks the question, are you sure you meant.

Basically, the website doesn't exist. Is this a scam or what. If so, then I should be entitled to the initial premium that they billed my credit for. Please advise smb!

Angry Consumer!

• Valerie Mar 04, 2008

I looked on line to check the balance on my checking account, and noticed a debit that I did not authorize. This debit was in the amount of $16.95. I am by no means rich, and I cannot afford the amount that they have debited from my account.

It could have very well caused my account to be overdrawn, and a stop needs to be put to these companies.

janet yost Apr 07, 2008

Everyone that has been scammed by these people need to turn them into the fbi to get them shut down from taking money from everyone account emailed them sent me back a email with need to know your membership number. Never gotten a membership number from them been taking out of my account since 12/24/08. Just a question to everyone did anyone else by the h2o mop i think this is where it all started from.

• Ca
    Carol Petrasky Jun 08, 2008

I noticed an unauthorized charge on my credit card of $16.95 by Value Plus. I have no idea who this co. is and I am upset because their charge has put my card over limit causing additional charges!!! I don't know how they got my info! I am calling them first thing in the morning but how do they get away with this? I was looking at many other complaints about the same co. Can't the better business bureau look into this, after all it is there to protect the consumer. But yet many complaints have been filled and nothing is being done. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!

• Bo
    B. oakes Jun 09, 2008

This lady called me told me my last name and my first name... and told me my husband's name. I told her that I wasn't interested in anything her company had to offer, and she asked me to confirm that by pushing number 2 on my phone... I did and she said that just for hearing her out, I would get a $40 gas card... WOW! I get in the mail a few weeks later, a letter telling me to claim the card at the e-mail listed and when I went to the email this site came up. Does anyone know how to deal with these people scaming??? The letter tells me to cancel my "membership" or I'll be charged $19.95 every month... they even have my card number??? How are they getting this?

jacqueline hackett Jun 20, 2008

i just recived the letter saying to go to the web site www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/40 to get my gas vocher's, they said they would mail them out tonight, that would have to buy 10.00 worth of gas, then send the reciept with the voucher back to them. i also canceled the membership now before it ever got started. hope this help's some one

your's truely jackie

• Lo
    Lorraine Bowman Jun 25, 2008

I hate scams like this - they better not deduct anything from my account because I will go to the Attorney General's office and lodge an official complaint with them. Is there any way to sue these people so they quit calling and fooling customers.

• Li
    Linda Pollock Jul 14, 2008

I did not request this subscription. It was illegally charged to my credit card. I think this company should be put out of business. It is shameful to charge someone for something they didn't request.

Marie Devine Jul 22, 2008

When they first called me, they said it was $1.oo and I would be billed. They offered me something else that I did not want. They said I would get a $25 gift-card from Wal-Mart and a $40 gas rebate.

Two charges of $1. were made against my checking account. I don't know where they got the information.

I will notify my bank of unauthorized withdrawal.

• Ro
    Robespierre Jul 24, 2008

Call the credit card company and tell them to back-charge and credit your account. Then, if they keep sending whatever they claim you subscribed to, keep it and don't pay them. By law you can keep anything someone sends you in the mail, if you did not order it. If they continue charging your account, ask the bank to decline payment from that specific company. If that doesn't work, close the account and reopen it with a different account number.

• Wi
    Will Dec 01, 2008

I looked at my banking statement and found a $14.95 withdrawal by Value Plus, a withdrawal which I never authorized. Seeing Damark.com in one of your online complaints, I Googled that
    company, found their phone number and called membership services. They agreed to cancel me
    and refund that payment within three to five business days. We'll see.

Maria Moncada Mar 02, 2009

Please stop charging my checking account for something I have not ordered as soon as possible and refund the money you have deducted without my authoriZation .

• Di
    Diva hott Sep 28, 2009

I was missing money from my account. How they got my info is what i am most upset about. I went to my bank, they could not tell me what i purchased and neither could membership services. When you call the co they try to sound helpful. Two days later i get a letter that says either myself or someone authorized to access my account made the "purchase and there will be no refund. They still could not tell me what the purchase was. They have now sent me another letter asking for info so they can send me a refund. It amazes me that this co. Could get in my account take money and i was none the wiser, it is hard for me to access my own account online. This nightmare began back in march, it is now september and they still have my money. I will add more to this when i hear back.In the meantime i am printing this scam out on paper to be displayed at my bank!

• Pa
    Pamie Nov 25, 2009

I also checked my bank account and fund there were charges from Value Plus except mine was for $19.95. After getting their phone number from my bank, I was told that I was signed up for it but they would not tell me where I signed up at. I did tell my bank they were "unauthorized charges" I also told my bank I would contact them to find out what the deal was. I am now going to go to my bank so they can file a complaint with them and hopefully get my moneys back. I am also contacting the BBB online to file a complaint!!!

• Ge
    George Barnes Jan 16, 2010

Another bill posted to my credit card from a company that I have never heard of. This is getting tiresome and needs to be stopped!!

• Al
    Alison Moran Feb 22, 2010

we purchased a gift from personal creations .com on august 17th 2009, at a value of £14.33 and service charge of £1.50.
    we have now discovered that debits are being taken from our bank account
    sept 14 th 2009 £13.52 plus service charge of £1.50
    oct 14 th 2009 £ 14.31 " " " " £1.50
    nov 13th 2009 £13.57 " " " " £1.50
    dec 14th 2009 £13.89 " " " " £1.50
    jan 12th 2009 £ 14.11 " " " " £1.50
    feb 12th 2009 £ 14.11 " " " " £1.50

These debits are being takan by a company called ValuePlus .
    We made the purchase and had the gift dispatched to family in Texas who then forwarded it to us in Scotland, United Kingdom.We have contacted Personal Creations who informed us that it is ValuePlus that is taking this monthly Debit and they also gave the contact phone number for ValuePlus.When we called ValuePlus they said that they would cancel the debit but were unsure if we could retrieve the moneys that were debited from our account in the U.K.We have informed our bank of this situation and they will look into it on our behave but if your complants board can help us resolve this problem we would be delighted.

• Bo
    Bonnie Wright Jun 29, 2010

I went to this web site to get my gift card and this is what I found so what is this page for? I want to cancel with fun source and can not even find a page to do that so now what?

• Ly
    lynnyNic Jul 02, 2010

Sharon,

I had the same thing happen but I am afraid they charged my card. I dont know what to do . What do you suggest I do so I can get my money back. Gosh it seems like everything is a scam nowadays... This sucks..

Lynn

• La
    lavern33 Jul 28, 2010

i cancel my card and got a new one

• Mo
    montreal83 Aug 10, 2010

sharon, your letter has help me. I also had the same problem, call the number 1-800-475-1942 and cancel my membership. I got the confirmation number of cancelation. thank you

• Cm
    Cmaple Aug 17, 2010

After reading all these post I am so determined to get my money back!!! I recently received a bounce check notice and looked at my account and could not understand why. My rent check bounced due to a charge of $24.95 I received from some 800 number company that I had no clue as to what it was. There was not even a name listed. I contacted the number and was told that I had purchased something in December and that I authorized this by a recording. I was like I authorized what??? They could not tell me what I purchased. I also informed them I have not been getting anything monthly to justify these charges. I had then referred back to my bank statement and seen the charges since January of this year. Never noticed before because I did not have any issues with the checking account. In addition, in December I was going through a divorce and there is no way I would authorize such a thing. They sent me a vague letter that I gave them my cc# and that authorized Value Plus to charge me. Charge me for what? I am not getting anything or ever go anything. To say the least I am having my attorney handle this issue. I was charge two NSF fees and now I have to pay my rent with certified funds. Talk about angered and embarassed!!!

• So
    Sonia ROsas Aug 25, 2010

WC *VALUE PLUS 800-475-1942 .

This company has been taking money from my account on a monthly basis since March of 2006. This transaction has been unauthorized. I only noticed on 8/25 and called them and they confirmed having taken money since 2206. Please assist and getting me a refund. They have withdrawn 19.95 for a membership I have never used or authorized.

My email is [email protected]

Sonia Rosas is my name

• Ru
    RussellE Aug 26, 2010

I have also canceled via the 1-800-475-1942 number after logging on at www.myfunsource.com/open/form/gc to claim my $25.00 gift card, and found no access or site to apply. The gimmick is the $1.95 charged as an authorization fee, even if you cancel the subscriber fee in time. Two bucks per countless number of individuals adds up. Make sure you get a cancellation number.

• Va
    value plus Nov 10, 2010

they called me one day saying that i won a $250.00 gift card certificate to any walmart target or homedepo it will be shiped in 10 to 13 weeks for only a charge of $ 4.95 and in 7 to 10 days i will be recviving t a $25.00 gift card to walmart and target for just signing up for value plus and they have mycredit card number i am so glad i went on the internet to check and see about the gift card and the whole time i knew that they was a fraud after 10 to 13 weeks

• Va
    value plus Nov 10, 2010

29.95 a month

Marteal M May 23, 2011

I have received a charge of 24.95 plus a international fee charge of .75 for the last three months, I do not know what this company is, and have never signed up for anything with them. They said it was a membership fee
    I dont have a membership with anyone. I did not authorize these charges.
    Do they think people are so dumb that they dont know what they put on their credit cards. I had not used my credit card, and did not owe anything on it, when these charges showed up.

• Jr
    jrstout01 Nov 24, 2011

I purchased an item from another company and they asked me all these questions and telling me to try for 30 days free trial I would receive a $50 gift card...

I never received anything in the mail from this company to be able to cancel with in the time...

I check my account weekly and the charge was submitted on 11-19-11 and they took out the charge from my account on 11-21-11.

Please find out what kind of game these people are runing and taking advantage of people not checking their account.

Thanks,

James R. Stout
    141 RoyallBrook Lane
    O'Fallon, MO 63368

314-239-4254

sam&blackie Mar 07, 2016

I could not find a website for $25. gift card either & also when you are suppose to get a $100. gift card, you have to buy a $100. from stores listed & then for 4mos. you have to send in a vocher & get 25. over 4mos. which is not what they say on phone-all 4 are just scams to make money, so be sure to cancel during trial period. I have learned my lesson. Darla

• Ge
    Gerald Fayette Jul 20, 2016

Has taken $16.95 out of my visa account starting last dec
    2007 and up to this month, June.
    I do not know of any charges approved on this account for the months named, a total of 7 months.

I would like to find out what the charges are for and if is maybe a billing account for another company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices