Complaints & Reviews

scam - never got my puppy

I found a dog online that I wanted to adopt from a private seller. She used U Ship to 'ship' the dog. They hit me for a $300 fee and then the next day said they coudn't ship because the dog needed $580 life insurance that would be refunded at the time of delivery.

So like idiot, I paid it. So we payed them a total of $880, then they said they would be shipping. Then the next day they said I needed to pay them $725 for a dog crate because the one the owner dropped off wasn't good enough because of the climate!

So they called me because I refused to pay and the guy couldn't hardly speak english and then hung up on me! Then they sent me an e-mail an hour later saying that "since I was complaining and doubting their company they had no option to send my money back because they didn't want their reputation to be brought down over a few dollars!" I'm still waiting for my refund, because they wanted me to pay $175 for them to refund my money!!

It's one big scam!

• Ok
    Okiebryan Aug 13, 2010

that was not uship that you dealt with. It was a Nigerian "puppy scammer" who was using the name of uship to fool you. Please google "puppy scam" and read all about it. Sorry you got taken, but uship is nothing more than a website that connects people who want to ship something with people who transport stuff, and they connect those people for a fee.

What you experienced is the classic scam, and no relation at all to what uship does.

• It
    Its_Just_Me Sep 30, 2010

Good luck with that

no customer service, no phone number, a buggy site

Uship claims to be a neutral agency connecting shippers with customers. But really, for the immense amount of fees they charge, they offer nothing. When shippers steal and lie to you, they do nothing. A total ripoff. No customer service, no phone number, a buggy site. Stay away.

• Th
    thexman Feb 10, 2011

Next time you should try this fairly new website called ShipAlmostAnything.com instead. They do not charge a commission, which will save both the trucker and the consumer some serious $$$. Plus, they have an open communication platform that allows us to talk to and pre-screen all potential haulers. Avoid getting ripped off and use a different service.

• Je
    Jennifer Buchanan May 29, 2014

Hi, I'm Jennifer, Customer Relations Manager at CitizenShipper. I
    was both shocked and dismayed to hear about your experience. I'm
    really sorry to hear that you had to go through all this.

I wanted to let you know about CitizenShipper.com. We're also an
    online shipping marketplace, and connect customers like you with
    drivers. What really distinguishes us from other service is our
    commitment to customer safety and satisfaction. Drivers on
    CitizenShipper undertake stringent screening checks before picking
    up any customer shipments, including a nationwide Background
    Check, and also address verification. We also feel our community
    policed review and feedback system helps users to weed out
    undesirable members leaving only the drivers who conduct
    themselves with professionalism and integrity. In addition to
    this, we've also just integrated a dispute resolution system which
    further enhances user safety on our site.

If you do find yourself in need of quotes and professional
    drivers, please reach out to me on jennifer 'at' citizenshipper
    dot com, or call me on 1-888-263-4804 and I'd be happy to find you
    a professional driver.

Thanks!

Jennifer

never received my puppy

A puppy was posted for free by [protected]@yahoo.com on oodle in the Cleveland, Ohio area! When I emailed the lady she then said she was in Washington, that I would just have to pay for the delivery ticket of $270! Everything was sounding good so I payed it & was told that I would it the folloing day at 12:00 noon! Then I receive a email stating they stopped the delivery supposively in South Dakota to tell me they need $980 for insurance till the puppy arrives! Then I will receive all my money back! Now I'm out of $300, what do I do cause they keep calling me, wanting me to pay it?

• Dj
    DJ MichaelAngelo Apr 13, 2010

Lady are you on crack? This is obviously a scam and it's only suckers like you that keep ### of the earth scam artists like this in business. I can't begin to imagine how many 100's of not 1000's of homeless animals and puppies there are in Cleveland that you would have to resort to wanting to "ship" one from Washington. You should've seen the red flag and told her to buzz off as soon as you heard this, then kept looking on Craigslist for a LOCAL pet. There's a reason they warn their customers to always deal LOCALLY. How could you fall for this ruse? :(

• Mr
    MrRealtor Apr 13, 2010

I agree. There are homeless pets everywhere. Do not pay for a pet unless you get it from your local pound or rescue farm.

josh9645 Jun 18, 2011

Hey lady dont feel too bad k, They did EXACTLY the same thing to me. The problem is that they actually look legite and by the time you realize your getting scammed its too late. I bought i Rottweiler from a lady in Colorado and the exact thing happened to me!! Even the prices you gave were identical to mine. And trust me, once you give them money you will never see your pet or your money!!! USHIP IS A SCAM!!!

scam

U Ship is nothing but a means to hook you up with the sleazy low life shippers. they take their cut of the...

the worst

This website has to be the worst thing ever. As someone else has stated all they care about is thier money. They don't care who is legal and who isn't. They make you accept thier user agreement that makes them never at fault for anything. As much as I hate goverment control over everything they do need to step in and do something about this site. All these people on here that lie about being legal or having the insurance that they don't have. I'm suprised you don't see alot more about people destroying other peoples property and then not having the insurance to cover it. I am a legal transporter and would have no problems with the site if they would get rid of the wanna be's.

• Sc
    schnauzermom Jun 04, 2009

I just used uShip for the first - and last - time in May. I accepted a bid from a shipper to transport a horse I bought. What a complete nightmare! Paid the first deposit. Paid a 2nd deposit at shippers request. All they did was lie and never picked up the horse. I had to pay a different transporter to bring my horse. I have been able to recover the first deposit back through PayPal, but not the 2nd -yet. What I have seen now with uShip is yes, they only care about the $, but they have some big deal about the "feedback". They don't want negative feedback left. They told me I would have to let them take off the negative feedback I left in order to file a dispute!
    What the heck does one have to do with the other!!? It gets even better - they "suspended" my account for non-payment! Non-payment of what they have yet to explain. Not that I would ever use them again, but to be treated like I am the criminal is going too far. Do you think they suspended the deadbeats that stole my money? Oh, no. After 20 days of still not receiving a refund from the shippers, I sent them an email and told the that if they didn't pay me by this Friday then I would file a complaint with the Internet Fraud Dept. - and I will. They proceeded to send me a lot of emails calling me names and saying the most unbelievable crap - totally nuts!! I'm also going to check much, much further into uShip - I think their business practices need to be lawfully checked out. I would not, under any circumstances, ever use uShip again.

JamesWk Dec 17, 2009

I will never again use a company where I can't talk with a PERSON...the only way to contact U ship is by email...VERY user unfriendly. I'm STILL waiting for a refund of a deposit I made for shipping which wasn't completed. STAY CLEAR of this "service"!

• Us
    UShip Observer Jan 12, 2010

The 1st link's comments are the best ones when it comes to UShip.

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part I
    Part I – Listen to the Marketplace Podcast

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part II
    Part II – Shopping for a mover online?

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part III
    Part III – How do you find a crook in the dark?

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? Part IV
    Part IV – What does ‘Caveat Emptor’ mean?

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part V
    Part V – Who really needs the aspirin?

Look at what the state of California has to say about shopping online for a mover and the cautions that need to be exercised.

If using Uship again, you might want to choose one of Uship's Top 100 transporters for 2008

Look at what the state of California has to say about UShip and the cautions that need to be exercised.

For a good sampling of what you may experience when using one of 1000's of illegally operating Carriers on Uship, just GOOGLE the entire phrase below. Click on the results and read through the feedback of the 100's if not 1000's of incidents of stolen money, property, property damage, extortion and abandoned property.

These profiles were suspended, but the damage was already done. The suspensions are done to keep this information from damaging the site‘s reputation and not let the truth trump the propaganda that the site publishes all over the internet.
    GOOGLE THE FOLOWING:γ€€

This profile belongs to someone who is no longer registered member (Account suspended) site:uship.com

WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PERSON OR BUSINESS THAT YOU ARE THINKING OF HIRING? THEN “GOOGLE” THE BUSINESS NAME and PERSON‘S LEGAL NAME!
    You might be surprised as to what’s lurking out there on the net, no matter where in the world they are located!

I bet that these 2 people (1 from Australia & the other from Alexandria EGYPT) wish they had done their homework. Just these 2 alone, got taken for in excess of $80, 000 from someone in the U.S.!

• Cj
    CJO Feb 06, 2010

I have been a registered uShip provider in Australia for several months now after responding to an email they sent me. We are in the vehicle transporting business. In that time I have quoted extremely reasonably on many loads going in the same direction of our trucks on return trips and have not received a single job out of it. I estimate I have offered around 15 bids.
    I think everyone that uses this service thinks they will get their job done for almost nothing, but if you are a reputable, insured and licensed business you have to charge accordingly. We have offered up to 70% discounts to snare a load home and not snared one. One example is that we had a truck returning from Brisbane to Sydney (about 1000klm) and we quoted on around 3 cars as a return trip at $500 each and didn't even get a response. It's frustrating and a waste of time. The customer would have received a great door to door service and we would have covered our fuel cost only.
    Only 3 provider companies on the Australian site have any feedback - the highest being a 2!
    I'm also surprised with government agencies who insist on us having full insurances, licences, ABN numbers, business names etc yet there are pensioners (nothing against you personally!) who offer services using their own cars with a trailer to complete deliveries. It's just extra cash to them, but it's our business.
    I will deregister my business from uShip in the next couple of weeks if I continue to be frustrated by unprofessional tactics. We cannot and will not compete with cowboys.
    Pity help vehicle owners if an accident was to happen due to lack of experience and insurance. In our line of business I have seen many instances where single car trailers being towed behind another car have jacknifed and overturned. I just hope nobody is killed by one of these thorns in the side.

• St
    Steve Ryan Mar 04, 2010

For a better shipping experience, I highly suggest going to:

www.shipalmostanything.com

terrible business practices

Uship is a contemptable business in which customers- woith no knowledge of the cost of transportation- are allowed to set their own transportation prices. The drivers on Uship- are often not licensed, documented, or insured. The customers make bids so low that no American driver who pays taxes can take the order on- but the illegals can avoid taxes and fees by taking every low paying job on this site. Uship itself only has one function- to collect fees. They do not allow anyone who has not paid them for sponsorship any opportunity to succeed using their site. DO NOT USE USHIP- put it this way- Would you trust the gardener to replace your toliet? Call a REAL TRANSPORT COMPANY. ONE WITH A LICENSE- OWNED BY AN AMERICAN.

• Us
    UShip Observer Jan 12, 2010

The 1st link's comments are the best ones when it comes to UShip.

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part I
    Part I – Listen to the Marketplace Podcast

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part II
    Part II – Shopping for a mover online?

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part III
    Part III – How do you find a crook in the dark?

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? Part IV
    Part IV – What does ‘Caveat Emptor’ mean?

Is shopping for a mover in a virtual marketplace safe? – Part V
    Part V – Who really needs the aspirin?

GOOGLE THE FOLOWING:γ€€

• It
    Its_Just_Me Sep 30, 2010

Good Luck with that
    Shannon Steede

no customer service

Uship has no way to register complaints or receive customer support. I paid the mandatory deposit to have a...

failure to investigate complaints

uShip.com is internet based company offering a forum for transportation service providers (TSP) and shipper matching. It functions similar to a reverse auction in that shippers may list a shipment needing transported for Transportation Service Providers to offer service and bid. The shipper can select TSPs from the offers received for their shipment. The transportation service provider is charged a fee for each booking of a shipment when the shipper accepts their bid and offer.

uShip's User Agreement clearly states that Transportation Service Providers must be legal and licensed to perform the service. It further states a disclaimer that uShip is a neutral venue and is not responsible for information provided by the TSP. It is the responsibility of the shipper to verify the information and credentials provided by the TSP offering service to the shipper.

In a recent shipment listing, I followed uShip's guidance and recommendations uShip provided to verify the TSP's credentials and to ascertain that each TSP was a legal motor carrier as required by the US DOT's FMCSA regulations and federal statutes. One particular TSP responded submitting a US DOT and Motor Carrier Authority (MC#) number as requested. (This authority was required to legally transport my shipment across state lines) Upon verification of the numbers in the FMCSA database, it revealed that the motor carrier authority presented by a TSP company listed on uShip as Boat Hauling inc., was assigned to a different company name. The FMCSA database provides address, phone numbers and other contact information for each legally registered motor carrier. Using the information obtained from the FMCSA database, I contacted the real owner of the motor carrier authority numbers that had been presented by the uShip listed company, Boat Haulers inc. The legal owner of the motor carrier authority was Apache Transport LLC. The owner of this company denied any affiliation with a company DBA Boat Hauling inc. and further stated that company was not authorized to use the motor carrier authority.

The motor carrier authority Boat Hauling inc. represented to be their own was obviously being illegally used and without the knowledge and consent of the true legal owner of that authority.

The legal motor carrier (Apache Transport LLC) contacted uShip and informed uShip of the illegal activity. (email documentation) He additionally requested uShip provide the identity and contact information of Boat Hauling inc so he could pursue legal action to stop further illegal use of his motor carrier authority and report the crime to the appropriate government authorities. (email documentation) uShip declined to provide the requested information stating uShip would only divulge that information to police or other government authorities. That is in accordance with uShip's policy. However, when presented evidence of a crime, would not the ethical action be to report it to the appropriate authorities and cooperate with the victims of the crime? I can find no indication uShip made a report to authorities or offered any cooperation to the legal motor carrier whose authority had been illegally and falsely presented.

At this point, uShip was, or should have been fully aware one of their TSP members had presented another motor carrier's authority and represented them as their own and subsequently falsely claimed to be an affiliate company. Despite that knowledge, uShip has to date, failed to take corrective action to remove Boat Hauling inc from their list of active TSP members available to provide transportation services. Further, they apparently continue to present obstacles to the legal motor carrier's investigation by not providing the information requested.

In a subsequent posting in the uShip forum titled Community, Trust & Safety, I posted the full details of the activity including the actual response from Boat Hauling inc where that company had submitted another legal motor carrier's authority falsely representing them as their own. Rather than take appropriate action, uShip deleted the post effectively hiding the facts from other uShip users.

The fact that uShip does not verify a TSP's credentials allows illegal transporters to participate without concern that uShip will disclose their illegal transporting and illegal use of other legal carrier's authority. This has made uShip a haven where illegal transporters have access to thousands of shipments.

I would suggest that any ethical company would immediately investigate the facts, which in this case are indisputable, and cooperate to assist in prosecution of the offender. However, rather than provide information to the legal motor carrier company, or even prohibit the company Boat Hauler inc from further participation, uShip deleted forum posts and effectively hid the facts.

You be the judge...

Is uShip hiding the identity of illegal transporters?

Is uShip obstructing justice?

Is uShip completely void of ethics?

• Fr
    Fred Right Sep 16, 2008

I actually think it would be unethical for uship to divulge someone's contact information without a police report. Who's to say whoever calls them isn't just saying they're someone else. I would feel very unsafe using a site that would divulge my personal information just because someone calls and says they need it.

sadd butt true Sep 16, 2008

dear Divulged, it would only make good business cent$ for u-ship to only allow legal motor carriers to be on their website, but why would they do something on the up and up when u-ship themselves are illegal brokers.The cat is now out of the bag with their illegal tactics and will be the end of them soon.what would be unethical for legal carriers to post their motor carrier and dot#? conserned citizen

bad business

I am a legal transporter who has used uship for several years now. They have NO backbone on their site for...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices