USAAevery aspect of usaa sucks

A Review updated:

First of all, their post date sucks. One day i could have 200 and the next day after the arrange the transactoins i will some how have 180. Secondly, their insurance sucks!! I was paying almost $400.00 a month for insurance and then realized this is so stupid. So i filled out a quote on GEICO and saved about $200.00 for the same exact policy coverage. And then the one that really takes the cake...A loan company said i filled out an application with them online and they tried to charge my checking account 3 times. My account was already negative because of how USAA post dates transactions...so it added to the negative. I did have another checking account though with money in it. So, today i look at my account and notice USAA cleared out the account with money to cover the negative charges. Keep in mind, i called weeks earlier and talked to the fraud department about the loan company. the guy acted like i was the criminal and said if i was lieing i would have my accounts closed. SOO, now here i am with no money for up to 5 days while USAA tries to do an investigation that should have happened weeks ago. They just act like they dont care about my finances. How am i supposed to eat for 5 days? Luckily i do have a $200.00 refund coming and trust, i am taking it out as soon as it posts...and then on March 1st i will be leaving USAA to go to a new bank. i have never had so many problems with any bank! DO NOT USE USAA!!! You will learn the hard way that they dont care about the military peoiple as they claim!

Dexex Apr 01, 2021

If you could write a correct sentence, you might have some credibility. Capitalize, "I", not, "i". And its, "lying", not "lieing". My guess is you can't balance your checking account. If you can't keep track of what you spend and then blame it on USAA for not posting the debit as quick as you like, thats your fault. And if you are running your account to a zero balance, thats your fault. If you have over spent and USAA takes the funds, thats your fault. Take some responsibility for your actions.

• St
    Steve WB Jan 28, 2021

I was rear ended sitting at a traffic light and was told I was at fault. Still haven’t figured that one out. They got out of paying the other vehicle because legally he was at fault. When it came time to renew my policy they increased my rate significantly because of the “At fault” accident. That’s when I went back to State Farm with a better policy and better customer service.

Dexex Apr 01, 2021

@Steve WB I've had USAA for over 25 years. Every accident or dent I have gotten was taken care of and I've never been found at fault or had my rates go up.

• Un
    unhappycustomernavyfederal Sep 20, 2020

Had $3 bill, interest charge to $5. First time ever, mailed a check. USAA returned because they couldn't figure out who it belongs too (read too lazy to look it up AND/OR no customer service want to care about crediting payments. Instead, knowing the late time frames for mail, just returned it. Then getting it back to them, made a late payment, so that hit my credit report. For an original THREE DOLLAR payment, that was jacked to FIVE DOLLARS, USAA will ruin you. This is why that was the end of my accounts getting paid off and removed.

Dexex Apr 01, 2021

@unhappycustomernavyfederal If you included either your account number or credit card statement, USAA would know who it went to. If you would pay your debt off on time you won't have a $5 interest charge. You can also pay your credit card bill online. You have no excuse for this issue.

Saronagrl Oct 09, 2019

Have had USAA since 1988. When we first started with them they cared about the military, the whole system was different. They claim to be there for you, they were great during the government shutdown, they extended payments on everything.
    Only problem is my car loan became due when my mortgage was due, asked them to change the date and tell me they can’t since I am always running behind on the payment have told them change the date, that is when my mortgage goes through, but no won’t do it.
    Oh and don’t let me start about the mortgage extension, had three months I did not have to pay but paid anyway, I get a letter from them demanding two months, or they are going to start foreclosure on my home. Charged me fifteen dollars claimed they had someone come by and look at m house. I called them and told them about the plan I was under, they were like well we need to look into it but you need to pay your full balance which I did.

Got a letter about three weeks from them saying they were wrong, we were not supposed to get that letter, I was like you think, so now they still won’t remove the 15.00 charge but I figured I would leave it there when I pay off the mortgage I will get it off.
    They suck not the same company don’t do business with them. All about the money not the military anymore.

Dexex Apr 01, 2021

@Saronagrl Another person who can't handle their finances. Try saving up one time for an extra car payment and you wouldn't have a problem paying the mortgage and car note at the same time.

• Do
    Doug 51 Jun 23, 2019

USAA is not the company it started as. I am a 27yr, retired Gen Adjuster from them. You will only be a member for "life" if they want to keep you. As an employee, I once had 2 food spoilage claims in 1yr from CAT storms and was paid $500 on each. Soon after, when looking to retire and buy another house, I was informed that I was not eligible for HO insurance due to the 2 claims. CAT losses are generally not considered by any company for insurability as they are "acts of God". I requested this go to a manager for review but, it never was. Even as an employee, I was ignored.
    I have seen things USAA has done with both members and employees that not only violated their own company policy, but federal labor laws as well.
    I know of one WWII veteran and his wife who barely escaped a major house fire with their lives. Due to a U/W error, they were not adequately insured to fix their home. This error was something that was obvious and should have been corrected by USAA immediately. However, they did not and the member ended up having to use tens of thousands of $$ of their own money to rebuild their house back to something far less than what they had before.

• Ru
    ruggerd Aug 07, 2018

Couldn't agree more with all of the comments. I've never had a worst experience with customer service representatives in my life. Rude, argumentative and unprofessional. They are sugary sweet on the surface but it doesn't take a lot for their nastiness to come through. No surprise if you look at sites like glassdoor it seems they don't have very satisfied people in the call centers. On top of that they pander to liberal causes every chance they get while proclaiming they support and serve a group that overwhelmingly does not approve of many of the things they sponsor. This is why they do it quietly. Spend a minute googling. USAA might have been a good thing at one time but like many others they went down the toilet and became just another greedy company. In my opinion the worst because they presume to capitalize off of veterans while working in the background against their better interests. I could give hundreds of examples of the horrendous customer service experiences I went through in the past 3 weeks. HORRENDOUS. That would take up another 30 paragraphs.

Needless to say I cancelled my car insurance after a rep in real time on the phone twisted something I said than began arguing with me. (Nicole from executive resolutions team). She than started talking over me and repeatedly interrupting me. I will admit that I continued to raise my voice telling her loudly to stop interrupting me. She just raised her voice to match mine until I finally hung up on her. Called 14 times over 2 weeks to file a complaint against her. Not one person I found out lodged or documented the complaint. It was than time to close both accounts. I set up my new account and than set up to have money moved and also told USAA that I was in the process of closing my accounts. So in response they blocked me from being able to access my accounts online stating I was rude to their customer service reps on the phone. Nobody could explain how cutting access to me being able to manage my account online has anything to do with my interactions with people on the phone except that it would require me to call more often. Of course they did this simply because they wanted to make this a power struggle.

After finally contacting the BBB and filing a complaint I was contacted by "Jolene" who began to address the initial issue that was the catalyst. They issued the wrong ATM card associated with the wrong account when I had lost my other card. They told me it would be another 3-5 days to get the proper one essentially leaving me somewhat stranded without cash for nearly 10 days. However my complaint with the BBB was to address the unprofessional conduct of the staff. I asked Jolene if she had actually read the complaint with the BBB since she seemed to not understand what the actual issue was. She stated she had not. I asked her if she had listened to the calls I was referencing? She did not. I asked her what the purpose of blocking my online access to my accounts was supposed to accomplish. She stated that USAA decided they didn't want to do business with me. I stated they were late to the table on that because I had already told them I was closing the accounts and had taken steps and had already started to move my funds. I also asked her to explain why she was calling to address a complaint she hadn't read, that could be validated by calls she admittedly never listened to and in spite of all that had already decided on an outcome.

So the bottom line is USAA just wanted to create a hardship and inconvenience for me by cutting off access to my online banking because I called them out on outrageously unprofessional conduct and now a sham investigation. I also filed a complaint with the TX state attorney general and the FDIC.

We won't even get into the fact that they sponsor The View, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, and the list is disturbing and long. People that have been outright hostile to the military and in some cases their families. I would go as far as to say this is not only an unethical company but it borders on downright evil. The literal wolf in sheeps clothing that sets out to exploit veterans to line their own pockets.

As for me I try to uphold some level of standards. I understand for those that never have an issue with this organization that it seems very easy to turn a blind eye if you are getting a good rate on something. But just remember that this good rate is usually at the expense of a fellow veteran that was treated like garbage by this organization.

Had I read and verified the behavior of this organization prior to my experiences I would have cut ties with them in solidarity. Unfortunately we live in a world where it's all about me. Hopefully people will wake up to this corrupt organization.

Dexex Apr 01, 2021

@ruggerd I've been with USAA for over 25 years and I've never had anything but polite and professional people to talk to.

• Ka
    Karel J Hernandez Jul 19, 2016

Stay away from USAA they only care about screwing you good; better chance go get an account with a local community bank nothing special with USAA they can only tell you FU thanks for ur service..

• Fr
    freedom235 Jul 16, 2015

Agreed...USAA sks up to the military and doesn't deliver - they sks big time. Try putting a real rating on their website that is negative, but truly represents the experience that the member experienced - AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!! They won't publish it - PERIOD!!! Avoid if possible - ESPECIALLY their lending "services"! Also avoid their real estate referral service which is USELESS!!!

JonesMikeMart Jun 10, 2015

I agree - all those commercials on TV are a crock. They care about dollars not soldiers.