Having problems with USAA?

1800 531 8722 (Customer Service)
+1 210 531 8722 (Customer Service)
+1 800 472 8722 (Individual Retirement Accounts)
+1 877 899 6325 (Trust Services)
+1 800 258 4060 (Real Estate Rewards Network Assistance)
+1 800 531 8555 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 888 452 7754 (Auto Glass Repair & Replacement)
+1 877 314 2255 (Financial Planning)
+1 800 292 8294 (Survivor Relations Team)
+1 210 456 6310 (Accessibility)
9800 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, Texas
USAA Federal Savings Bank
10750 McDermott Freeway, San Antonio, TX 78288-9876

USAA Investment Management Company
P.O. Box 659453, San Antonio, TX 78265-9825

Complaints & Reviews

keep raising rates and coverages

I bought my home in 2004 and paid $700.00 for a year of home insurance. 2005 paid $800.00. 2006 paid $850.00...

low balling on claims

Have been a good customer for 8yrs, my car was taken out by someone, not my fault. It didn't look that...

unauthorized billing

We became USAA customers in 1998 and after a short while had our auto insurance, banking and renter's insurance with them. In the 7+ years we had the renter's policy we made 4 small claims totaling less than $2500 (wind damage on 2 occasions, for the 3rd our cat trashed the wallpaper in a hallway, #4 our dog scratched the mailman).

Shortly after the last claim (totaling about $150) we received a letter from one of USAA's underwriters stating our policy was being canceled due to 'frequency of claims'. We protested and even had the support of the company's own consumer advocate in San Antonio. Even she couldn't convince these greedy souls to reinstate our policy even though they still made money off of us in spite of the claims.

Later, after we received yet another letter stating that our efforts were in vain, we received a call from a USAA underwriter in Frankfurt, Germany (our coverage area- we're with the DoD), saying he felt that our claims frequency was not unusual especially considering the small amounts of each claim. He said he would state our case for us to his superiors. He too was shot down by USAA's senior leadership. I filed a complaint with the BBB, but guess what? USAA is a big supporter of the BBB! Nada. I even asked that our complaint be shown to the CEO of the company. Apparently this happened, but we heard nothing else from them.

Our policy was paid through Feb '09 and USAA cut it off as of April 1st '08(April fool's USAA customers!). We were finally forced to get a policy with Geico (who doesn't use your claims frequency against you). We have 2 checking accounts, a savings account and 2 credit cards with USAA AND have 4 cars insured with them. Do they look at the whole customer concept? Apparently not. It finally took on a Bailey Savings and Loan Vs. Mr Potter feel after a while. Goodbye Bedford Falls, hello Potterville!

• Up
    Upstanding Citizen Jun 12, 2009

SOUNDS RIGHT TO ME, IVE NEVER HAD A CLAIM IN 25 YEARS. WHO WOULD WANT TO INSURE YOU???

unfair practices and attitudes

This is one of the worst banks I have ever dealt with. I have accounts linked to my accounts at usaa. I went to make a normal transfer and they froze my accounts. I have no access to my acounts and this is the account that has all of my direct deposits going in. I've called numerous times and the only answer they give me is until further notice my accounts are frozen. This is so ridiculous. They froze my account and will not do anything about it or tell me anything. I'm under investigation for moving my own money around! Ridiculous! Do not bank with them!

ga1111 Sep 17, 2009

Agreed you risk USAA taking money from your other accounts. I would never again Link accounts to USAA. They just recently froze and stole $600.00 from our bank account. We will be closing all USAA accounts

ga1111 Sep 17, 2009

If you have a charge off with USAA be careful. They will take any money you have in the bank from your USAA accounts. Withdraw your money asap!

kimbra1991 Mar 02, 2010

When I married my husband (an active duty soldier) I had noticed that he has USAA and I had never heard of the bank until we got together. After a while I would notice that we would not go anywhere or do anything and money would just disappear from our checking account. I got a platinum credit card through them and I had went over the balance by $.72 and they wanted to charge us A dollar for every penny that I went over. FOUR days ago when my husband got paid we paid the other half of our rent which came up to $402. The money had came out of the checking account because we always check after we buy something or pay something off. Well a few days later we got a call from our apartment manager saying we was behind on our rent and we told her that we paid it and she said the payment said we had insufficient funds..which is NOT possible considering that was the first thing we did when we got paid. So we thought it was a mishap with the bank so we called them and they also said we had insufficient funds and that there was nothing they could do about it. Therfore we had to make an extra payment to be able to stay in our aparment. This bank has so many problems and I keep advising my husband to get a new bank and I think he is now seeing how horrible this bank is.

kimbra1991 Mar 02, 2010

Every time my husband gets paid I encourage him to immediatley withdrawl all of the money so they cant take anything out.

kimbra1991 Mar 02, 2010

Also my husband got back from a tour in Iraq in August and just a few months ago we had a couple hundred dollars come out of our account and when we called the bank they said it was from Iraq and Kuwait from July?? Granted they did refund the money but the problem is that we have a thing set up to where they have to call and ask us before they take money out for those things.

terrible treatment

My husband was deployed in 2008 and I was left here to attend to our 2 kids and the finances. Shortly after he left I became ill, was hospitalized, and unable to work. To make a long story short, I wasn't able to pay my USAA credit card bill on time and this went on for a while. My mother came to live with us and she let them know what was going on but their collections agents just woulndt stop. Finally my father (a lawyer) wrote them a letter to get them to stop.

When I got better and financially on my feet I called USAA to pay the credit card bill. During my down time a lot of fees had been racked up and I asked them, since there was nothing I could do, if they would waive them. They said sure we will do that and let you settle the amount due. I paid what they asked and thought everything would go back to normal.

After I paid they still sent me letters and called all the time. I would explain that I thought all this is over and then they would say, "Oh yeah you're right sorry. We'll fix this in the computer" and then it would happen all over again. Finally I got them to stop with another letter from dad.

Well now they are still taking this out on me. They won't let me do any online banking and they demand I pay the fees. Every time I call FOR ANYTHING I have to go through this whole thing with the customer service rep. Why did they tell me I didn't have to pay them in the first place then? To make things worse they are doing something to my credit report every month and trying to ruin my credit over this. Things are already BAD ENOUGH. My father said that I should have talked to him and demanded that we get an agreement in writing because they will be dishonest if you don't. But I never thought they would treat service members' families like this. We are supposed to be the people they are here for. I guess they are more concerned about making money than the military and their families.

overcharged

I have been a member of USAA for over 10 years and until now I haven't had many problems with them. Recently, because of medical bills, credit card debt, and helping other people when I shouldn't have, etc. I had to file bankruptcy. I said I had, because after all the consumer counseling, etc. People weren't paying me back and I no longer could live on such an amount that was set after counseling.

I had car insurance, checking, savings, life insurance, renters insurance, car insurance, my car loan, a credit card, and an IRA with USAA. Like I said, until now I had absolutely no problem using their services.

Two months after I filed bankruptcy, the trouble began. First the car loan went and the credit card followed closely behind it. Then access to my checking account and savings account was denied. I am so confused at the moment, because I REAFFIRMED all of USAA debts. I was fine with my car payment, my credit card payments, and my insurance payments. It wasn't those payments that was hurting me, it was everything else. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS COMPANY! I reaffirmed everything, that means that I am willing to keep this debt and continue to make payments. All of my calls to customer service have been unproductive. Their only response is that I filed bankruptcy. I'm like, where is my money and why don't I have access to my accounts even though I reaffirmed everything from USAA. I wrote them a letter and even sent them another copy of my bankruptcy petition showing my debt there reaffirmed.

Now, I see if I'd added the credit card, car, or something to the bankruptcy. That would be different. But I agreed to keep every thing from them.

I didn't try to sucker out and have their credit card written off. I make my payments in which I can't anymore because that access is also gone. I'm just stuck with no options right now. You know how hard it is to stop and change ALL direct deposits and have them sent to another account. Uncle Sam doesn't like changes and makes you pay for them by waiting even longer. I don't think this is a fair practice to anyone who have received this from them. I almost got put out of my apartment because they rejected a darn check to the only account I used up until recently. It might be a month or more before the money will start flowing into my other accounts. I am in a very bad situation.

BEWARE. Filing bankruptcy and being a nearly exclusive member of USAA will cost you.. and cost you dearly. I still don't know what to do. They are just as protected by the feds as AAFES is, so I say this as a person who is in a very bad situation. Withdraw all your funds, change over all insurance to other companies, etc if you ever plan on filing bankruptcy and you are a member of this company. I was very loyal to this company and making sure everything was in good standings with them. I do not deserve this.

• Da
    Dare ot differ Jul 15, 2009

We filed Chapter 13 in 2002 - at the time we had a carloan with USAA since early 1999, never late since USAA deducted the payment from our checking account every month! A credit card from USAA, however, was included in the Chapter 13. In 2oo2 it was not mandated to reaffirm the loan and since we had never been late and intended to continue paying as agreed our attorney said it was not necessary to reaffirm. We did not reaffirm our mortgage or our other carloan thru Ford - never late on those either. Very much to our surprise we found out that USAA filed a claim with the court saying we were 3 months late!! That claim was thrown out since we could prove that we were never late. Fast forward to now - USAA continues to report the loan as 'discharged as a bad debt" in 2003 when we in fact continued to pay as agreed till 2004 when the car was paid off and we received the title!!! USAA claims we only paid 37 months of the 60 months required. All this shows up on our credit report!!! We have tried to get this resolved but USAA's bankruptcy department claims the have EVERY right to report whatever they feel is correct!!! We are now in the process of taking USAA to court to get this resolved!! Also - since filing Ch 13 we have seen our car and homeowner's insurance triple - USAA says we are a high risk, yet we never had ANY clams but USAA again states they are within their rights. Complaints have been filed with our attorney general who has taken a great interst in this matter.
    We have been USAA members for 30 years!!! Needless to say, we are now looking to get insurance with other companies. It will be interesting to see if we get the almost $6, 000 in our subscriber's savings account. That is probably another lawsuit waiting to happen!!!

• Us
    usaahelp Sep 15, 2009

My husband and I have a similar problem. We filed bankruptcy in June 2006, paid all USAA debts except for a USAA credit card that was rolled into the bankruptcy. We offered to pull it out of the bankruptcy, but was told by USAA that the repercussions would be the same. We too have lost our online access, 3.5 years after the bankruptcy mind you. It seems like they randomly punish you for the bankruptcy. Right away my husband lost online access, but mine remained open (I avoid talking to them becuase I don't want them to take it away), then recently, they decided to disable my ability to download my transactions into Quicken, but I still have online access. We have never bounced a check or even been overdrawn on our account. We have had this account for 11 years and my husband has been a member for 27 years!

I understand never giving us a credit card again. I even understand not letting me open any new accounts, but how they can get away with limiting a checking and savings account in good standing?

I have asked for a copy of their bankruptcy policy so that I can be informed about how our access and services would be limited. Every time I get a different story, but never anything in writing since it is an "internal policy that they don't have to share". Today I was told that all our access would be restored after 7 years. I sure would like to see in writing what their practices are... I don't believe anything they say about this because it depends on the person you speak with.

JaneyJaney Dec 16, 2009

As a single mother abandoned by my army chaplain husband and slandered by him to try to protect his reputation and job, I was left with no funds and had to support myself and my child in a location remote from where I'd worked and known people. I got cancer and due to the travel cost, I faced a choice between being homeless with a child during cancer treatment or filing chapter 13 bankruptcy. I filed, and on and off USAA has cut off online access to my bank accounts and insurance policies.

I just got an email telling me to view new online documents. I went to logon, and I was just on there recently paying my insurance bill early, but it immediately logged me off and gave me a message that I had declared bankruptcy and that they could not collect debts. This is old news---3.5 years old. I had even wanted to keep my USAA debt and keep paying, but my attorney told me it was illegal to pick and choose which debts to pay. They said I had to finish the bankruptcy and then I could go ahead and pay whatever debts I wanted to if I could. So, I did not single out USAA for payment but instead am just focusing on recovering my life after cancer treatment and subsequent serious accident and a related job loss.

In the past, I have gotten mixed results depending on who I talked to. This time, the screen after they logged me off (without letting me view or access anything) said to click on "proceed" to view my accounts. That just took me to mobile.usaa.com. Why would I have to go there to view my accounts? I'm not even using the checking accounts but am paying my USAA insurance bills through another credit union.

So, why are they doing this all the sudden, and for what purpose? All it does is inhibit me from easily paying my USAA bill. Are they trying to dump me? Did I call for roadside assistance one too many times? Did they see that I was recently late on a medical bill that was reported on my credit report when I was out of work and injured (and unable to work due to a severe injury)?

I have been on hold long enough to try several ways to log on, read several complaint web sites that have complaints about USAA treatment of clients who have declared bankruptcy, and write this complaint. Still, there is no sign of my call being answered anytime soon.

In the past, other than these incidents which are spaced far apart, I have had no problem with USAA other than one rare bad USAA customer service call. All the other calls have been good to great. I will say that sometimes if one person gets all bent out of shape and says you can't do anything because you once had a bankruptcy, call another department with your question and don't mention the bankruptcy, or call back and talk to another person on another day.

These people do not explain their actions, and it seems to really have no relationship to common sense. If they have a problem with me, they should tell me. I think that they are bound by regulations not to harass people who have been awarded bankruptcy protection, but they are harassing them anyway by not allowing access to their own accounts, not explaining why or when they are doing this, and making it extremely difficult to get through to anyone who can speak to the matter.

I am very disappointed that USAA, an otherwise excellent institution, is continuing to engage in these disturbing practices. My ex-husband, the abusive, lying pastor whose Ph.D. was paid for by the US Army with my tax dollars even after he lied to the IRS and took my tax refund needed for basic survival expenses and who also lied to the Pentagon in writing to avoid paying temporary spousal support after he abandoned us on a highway while moving from Fort Lewis to Fort Benning around Mothers Day 2002, is still surely a strong member of USAA. It's almost as though the values on which USAA was supposed to be founded are giving way to the good old boy/girl system of underground methods, intimidation and stonewalling.

[email protected] Jul 03, 2012

I was a USAA member for 15 years but after I went bankrupt they treat me like a second class citizen! No online access. Closed my checking and savings. When will they stop punishing people for going through a difficult time?

• Pi
    Pissedoff123141541 Apr 07, 2014

Car Insurance, Have Liability. Was paying $45/mo for 1 Car and we just added a another for the same plan. Was Told my bill would be $90/mo and my First bill was $250... Explain that

terrible company

We have been members in USAA and insured with them for over 14 years. A tornado 'totaled' our 2003 33' 5th wheel RV on May 10, 2008. The RV was 'fully' insured with USAA and we carried a $500.00 comprehensive deductible. The policy clearly states USAA's definition of 'Actual cash value' for a total loss as follows:

'the amount that it would cost, at the time of loss, to buy a comparable vehicle. As applied to your covered auto, a comparable vehicle is one of the same make, model, model year, body stype, and options with substantially similar mileage and physical condition.'

(NO BRAINER!)

After speaking with a USAA rep, we got online, googled up some comparable RV's. We were able to locate only two for sale nationwide at the time of our loss. The one in California had already been sold (for over $25, 000) by the time we called. The other RV is located in Arizona and after 3 separate phone conversations with that dealer, we were able to deal down to a price of $23, 500.

To me, that IS the fair market value of our RV. We would like to be reimbursed for that amount and since we live in Missouri, apply that amount towards a newer model available locally. USAA, however, had other ideas regarding the 'fair market value'. According to them, using CCC Valuescope, our RV should only be worth around $13, 000. Coincidently, (I'm sure) our remaining loan amount (at USAA) is slightly over (you guessed it) $13, 000!!

USAA claimed they had located some comparable for our RV and provided us a list of examples. When we researched the RV's they used for comparison, we found each one to be at least 5 feet shorter than ours and they also contained fewer options than our RV.

After considerable negotiations and pleading our case with various adjusters and supervisors at USAA, they finalized their evaluation of our RV to be $17, 746, which is still way below what it will take to replace our exact RV. That would, in effect, turn our $500 deductible into a $5, 754 deductible. Then, too, we would be out several hundred dollars worth of travel expense to go pick up the replacement RV.

In our opinion, USAA insurance isn't worth the paper it's written on.

We have canceled our remaining auto policies with USAA. We are currently instigating other financial options that will allow us to pay off the existing loans for other auto's or motorcycles we currently have with USAA. And we will find another credit card company to accept the balance of our USAA card. In the future, USAA will not receive any of our banking, credit card, or insurance business. Furthermore, even if we live to be 100, we will never pass on an opportunity to provide negative word-of-mouth for USAA accordingly.

When the chips are down, good insurance companies shine. USAA does not shine. They only strive to cheat people for the almighty buck.

• In
    IngH54 Nov 11, 2009

If you are looking for good customer service and fast claim service, do NOT call USAA. They never anwser their phones and won't call you back and it takes 3 days for them to anwser their emails. Our truck was hit over 6 weeks ago and we still don't have the money! They offered us $2500 dollars below blue book value and refuse to even talk to us! They have now posted the dollar amount that they are paying us and it is $200 dollars short from the amount they said we would get. Unless you enjoy being screwed over, look for a different company.

• Tr
    TrueGrit Jan 24, 2010

USAA has led their customers to believe they are special because they supposedly cater to military members. Don't be fooled! They are just as corrupt as any other financial institution. Military members, open your eyes and pay attention to the many complaints regarding USAA and be wary. Many people don't pay attention to complaints lodged against companies until they get screwed and they just accept it. I don't! Lodging online complaints is a good way to fight back against many unscrupulous companies including USAA. Complaints serve to dispel the self-imposed good name this company and others bestow upon themselves.
    I have been a USAA customer for almost 10 years now and I have seen the customer service and reliability of USAA go down the toilet. I have lost confidence and trust in this company as a result of bad experiences which began several years ago and have continued to get worse.
    Don't be fooled to think that USAA is some exclusive organization because their customers are primarily military.
    Think about it, what is USAA doing special for military members? They take your auto and home insurance premiums happily but when it comes to paying on claims they lie, cheat and steal like most other insurance companies and don't want to pay. Their customer service representatives are becoming rude and are uninformed just like most other companies customer service representatives. I have personally experienced bad and unpleasant experiences with USAA within the last couple of years and because of even worse experiences with other financial institutions, I am relegated to stay with USAA. I remain with USAA because for me, they have become the best of the worst. However, I am still very disgusted and displeased with USAA and this is my way of fighting back.

• Qu
    Que Importa Apr 10, 2011

Do you even know the deffinition of ACV? ACV=Replacement cost - Depreciation.

Replacement cost= RC, not ACV!

Also, "fully covered"= liability+ Comp/Coll. That doesnt mean "everything under the stars"

overcharged

USAA holds the second mortgage on what used to be my primary residence, but I have relocated out of state since September, and I have been late with my payment since . The reason for this is because my job relocated me to another state, and my former home has been with on the market since May of 2008. At the moment, I am attempting to do a short sale. I logged into my account yesterday to find out someone from USAA had personally taken it upon themselves to withdraw funds to apply to the payment without my prior authorization, or court orders, and I feel much violated.

To top things, I don't know how I am going to pay for childcare and groceries. I want to see some corrective action.

MadinUtah Mar 05, 2009

I signed up with Talent Hunter.com BEFORE I did my research. I paid $149.99 so I could sign my daugther up for 6 months. I thought I was getting a good deal becuase I recieved an email from an "agent" saying that they would be interested in my daughter for a commerical that was being shot in my area (my daughter's pic wasnt even posted at the time, should had be alert number 1). I complained to Paypal and my bank that this company was a fraud.

Too make a long story short, these people WILL NOT respond to any of your requests about cancellations and refunds because they dont have too! My bank (USAA) will not dispute Paypal, told me that they were untouchable. I disputed with Paypal and my claim was denied. I complained with the Better Business Buearu, still pending but Im sure that my money is gone.

People do your research please. I feel so stupid becuase I cant even get my daughters pics to even load up on their website. SO I got screwed with no protection at all! MAN!!!

• Gs
    gsdowner Aug 09, 2009

What is interesting is that MadinUtah was still trying to upload the picture to the website even knowing it was a fraud.

Paypal is a jerk off. Although it is nice to have to protect your real bank accounts, it is also sometimes a hassle.

The scammers know this and so does paypal. There is no negotications with electronic goods, for my example, per paypal rules. If you buy something online, such as a website, software, or anything of the like, they will not allow you to dispute it. This means that people are able to create something fake, sell it to you, and then you can not dispute it. If they are in another country, it is harder to pin point them as well if you want to work outside of paypal. I ordered a bunch of websites that included flash ones, html ones, and some software. The software was a trial version with a "crack" to unlock the software. The websites were ripped off other sites. Some were nice but for the money I paid it wasn't right. I called paypal and they credited my account with the purchase as a "one time" thing. He told me to send the files to paypal so they could review them but I never heard back. Whatever, I made my money back and the scammers made off with theirs. As long as Paypal keeps paying the victims, it will fuel the crimes.

As for the original poster, if you don't make arrangements with your creditors, they will take care of it themselves if the funds are available.

• Do
    Donna0912 Mar 15, 2015

USAA is a horrible bank. Claims to help veterans. I've been a member over 11years. They have taken money out if my account without my permission for a late car payment & threatened to repossess my vehicle for being late two months. They refused to give me a deferment and made threatening calls constantly. Please, if you're thinkinking of banking with USAA, beware they WILL NOT work with you regardless of your circumstances. The worst bank to do business with.

terrible experience

I am insured by USAA and was hit by underinsured driver while stopped at a light. As a result of the...

horrible mortgage servicing

I have been a member of USAA since 1953, so I never thought I would be complaining about them. I refinanced...

harrassment, threats

My community college attending daughter was in a fender bender in her car (registered to me) and I thought we were insured. Due to some technicality that I'm still trying to figure out, Allstate says that we were not covered on the date of her accident. USAA sent me a bill for the $8, 000+ they said they paid to their client (for a broken head light?), followed the next week by harrassing calls from their collection agent, Mary Tomio at Insurex Inc. Mary threatened that if I don't pay the entire $8, 000 my own car license and registration will be revoked, wages garnished, etc. She offered no option for a payment plan, and didn't care that I'm appealing Allstate's decision. My complaint is against Allstate (I've been a customer for 33 years but can't say that "I'm in good hands"); USAA and their collection agency Insurex, and against the insurance industry as a whole. Why do we pay extra for uninsured/underinsured motorist on our insurance premium if they then turn around and collect/harrass/threaten anyone that they can for any amount that they have had to pay out? Meanwhile, the former CEO of Allstate (who is now CEO of AIG) was paid $17 million a year!

Joe Pissed Off Oct 28, 2010

I totally agree with this post. I had a similar situation with my insurance company and Insurex was the collection agent. I have never been treated so rudely my entire life and it was not just by one of the employees it was a number of them. Insurex reminds me of a modern day 3rd. Reich, an absolutely HORRIBLE group of people!!!

unfair collection practices

USAA bank is a military only insurance and bank. They specialize in taking advantage of our military members. I have a HELOC or second mortgage on a home in Arkansas. The home has dropped in value 100k and I am unable to sell, rent, or give away. USAA put me on their automated computer system that calls at random as early as 0655 a.m. and as late as 0900 p.m. They even called December 24th at 0800 pm. with their automate system that asks you to hold and then it hangs up because no one was available to receive this call. When the bank calls the caller ID shows unknown caller and they do not identify them selves until they have who they are looking for on line. I wrote letter requesting them not to call so early or use their automated system and their rep told my during my last call that they did have to abide by the fair collection act.

• Dh
    Dharma Feb 14, 2009

I have been a USAA member for over 25 years, my husband recenty lost his job and we fell behind in 1 of our 7 accounts with them. They have us on auto-dialer and call at least 8 times a day. The phone rings and there is no one on the other end--I waited 2.5 minutes yesterday to speak to someone and then it hung up. A half hour later, I spoke to someone. Then, later that evening I received two more calls. Shocked that this is one of the big companies that specializes in military lending. They do NOT follow the law. I don't even want to get into the predatory lending practices. Encouraged no doc loans, including mortgages, that were obtained with the ease of going through McDonald's drivethrough. Very bad turn turn for the worse with this company. I would love to have others post their experiences whatever they are!

Joe May 28, 2009

I've been with them for for about 25+ yrs and have never had any issues. Maybe because I don't spend $$ unless I know I have the cash behind me to pay it off. That's the problem with people today--spend today thinking that no emergencies will ever come up and that a financial institution will bend over for you--no questions asked. It's people like you that result in some of us receiving lower savings/CD yields.

• Da
    Dante6666 Aug 16, 2009

To the holier than though person that doesn't spend more than they think they can afford...but for the grace of God...and as far as USAA goes, I have had clients bring me tape recordings of USAA saying that because they are not debt collectors and because this is their debt, they don't have to comply with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. They were nasty in the calls I have heard. Not impressed with how they treat these people, who were also members for 25 years before suffering UNEXPECTED setback. Boy, Mr Holier than though, you must be ready for ANYTHING! How about some empathy! I was in the military and had a lot of other military members that I had to deal with who had the same attitude.

• Ha
    hatesheep Sep 07, 2009

JOE ur a Fuking idiot. Typical SHEEP BOY... FOLLOWER and never will take a risk to get ahead. IF TRUMP never took rish do u think he would not be rich and yet he has filed for BK before

• Vt
    vtpka Jul 30, 2013

usaa bank is no way affliated with the military. they are scammers!! they ripped me off for over 7500.00. someone hacked my account and now they wont reimburse me my money! I am like everyone else here by notting getting any responses back from them? this is the worse bank I have ever dealt with in my 61 years!!theysure don't mind ripping off the military personal or the disabled and I am both !

make money with your heloc Nov 05, 2014

Looking to make money with you heloc.and am talking enough to pay all your debt and extra contact me +16464931100 (text only) no service charge no capital required you won't be asked for a penny!.and very simple and easy..Yea text me today and let me blow your mind..only interested people please plus there is a limited space so grab yours while offer last!...No jokes

renter's insurance

"First a bit of background". I moved to San Diego in June of 07' in search of a new life. Upon arriving...

bad service

USAA has pissed me off for the last time! I've been in a couple situations where my mastercard has been put on freeze when certain emergancies had popped up; which by the way USAA doesn't let you know about it unless you go to their website on that certain day which tells you that your credit card might not work for today due to maintainence. I was in New York City at the time trying to pay for my meal at a restaurant and when they ran my card through it popped up declined. I had to run to the nearest ATM to pull out cash using my NASA Federal Credit Union ATM card. While I was doing this, my friend was sitting in the restaurant getting glares from the waiters/manager. That was a very unpleasent night and embarrasing one too. The second was when I was in Basic Military Training for the United States Air Force. While near the end of BMT I had to pay for dry cleaning, which at that time I gave them my Mastercard which popped up declined. That was embarrasing too, my wingman payed for my clothes thank god. I couldn't call them right after because I didn't have patio break/base pass until the next week. When I finally had time to call them. They ended up putting me on hold for at least an hour, which at this time I could be calling my parents to tell them that I'm okay and that I love them. When they finally got through, they told me that they canceled my card due to, "TWO LATE PAYMENTS and going over my limit one time." That one late payment was due to fact I was going through BMT and my dad forgot to take money out of my savings to pay it, which was only late for 2 days. And for me going over my limit; I ended up doing a money transfer from my NASA FED Credit Union to my USAA Credit Card. I ended up going to my NASA Bank that same day and they told me that the checks that I received won't go through for another week due to it being international. I called USAA right away to ask them to cancel the money transfer process and they did NOTHING!!! They told me that they couldn't do it and that I would be hit with a penalty due to it. So now, my USAA Credit Card is canceled by USAA and they damaged my Experian Credit Report. My First Sergeant, even talked to them on behalf of me and they put him on hold for quit awhile and then showed him the disrespect of telling him two different excuses on why they canceled my card. The first operator told him that they just frozed it due to fraud, then the second operator finally told him that they canceled it due to the late payment. Which my First Sergeant said that it doesn't make sense, which they replied with a, "I don't know, I just work here" type of statement and when my first sergeant asked to talk to a superviser they replied that he won't come to the phone now to him being to busy. WTF!

For a Credit Card company saying that they support the military they sure know how to show it. So now I tell all my airmen who are in the dorms with me in Text School not to get USAA because they are a Credit agency that will ### up your credit report, even if you try to explain to them your situation. They just simply don't care and they simply don't care about how many stripes you have or how many years your serving. The basic line that they give you is, "Thank you for serving and sorry to tell you this, but you've been Denied. Good Bye"

This Airmen and other active military personnel aren't getting USAA again and we will be protesting them at our base. I've talked to two Marines that got screwed over by USAA and another Airmen so believe me when I say that Military or Civilian, they don't care. Go with NASA federal Credit Union they're much nicer to to the military. ^_^

MadinUtah Mar 05, 2009

fraud and cheating

Whilst serving our country in Iraq my son a US Marine found the car of his dreams online. He purchased the car and we took it to him upon his return to Camp Lejuene in Jacksonville, NC. Whilst driving it in Jacksonville he was sideswipped by another person and extensive damage was done to the car. The other party was found at fault by the police and ticketed for the accident. USAA was the insurance company for both parties.

The car was independently valued and declared as a total loss. USAA wants to settle the claim for $5000 less than the car was valued at. They refuse to negotiate. We have contacted lawyers and they basically are not interested in the case as they say it will cost more than the $5000 to collect it from USAA. They advised me USAA knows this and thats why they routinely do this to people.

I find this despicable for a company which claims it was formed by a retired general to assist service men and women with their insurance and banking needs.

• Ve
    very disappointed Mar 23, 2009

I WAS RECENTLY INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT WITH AN USAA CLIENT, I WAS REAR ENDED WHILE STOPPED IN TRAFFIC BY A 17 YEAR OLD.THEY HAVE USAA FOR THEIR INSURANCE.NOW THIS IS WHAT GETS ME I HAD 3 ESTIMATES DONE ON MY TRUCK.ALL OF THEM CAME UP TO OVER 1200 DOLLARS, THEY SENT THEIR APPRAISER OUT TO LOOK AT MY TRUCK, HE TOLD ME THAT THE DAMAGE WAS ONLY WORTH 1055 WHICH WOULD NOT COVER ALL THE DAMAGE TO MY TRUCK, BECAISE NOW MY TAILGATE WILL NOT STAY UP @ALL AND IT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY FINE UNTIL I WAS REAR ENDE, HE SAID IT WASNT RELATED TO THE ACCIDENT, WHICH I KNOW MY TRUCK WAS PERFECTLY FINE AND ON HIS STATEMENT HE WROTE THAT I CLAIMED IT WAS FROM THE ACCIDENT AND IT WAS FROM NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, SO HOW BASICALLY I WAS CALLED A LIE FROM HIS SO CALLED EXPERT OPINION, WHEN I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IIT WAS DAMAGED FROM THE ACCIDENT, AND I HAVE THREE ESTIMATES AND PEOPLE THAT BE WITH ME AND AROUND ME WHO KNOWS THAT MY TRUCK WAS JUST FINE. USSA IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY @ ALL THEY ARE SO FULL OF IT AND GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND ON EVERYTHING, SO IF YOU CANT GET WHAT YOU NEED FROM THE COMPANY, YOU HAVE TO GO AFTER THE PERSON THAT HIT YOU.

• Up
    UPSETUSAA Feb 02, 2010

I have to admit that I could go and on about how I totally agree that USAA is about the WORST Insurance Company that I have had to deal with in years. I was rear ended while waiting to turn left- by a USSA client a Year ago. Her fault, no problem- since then.. fraud on the part of the adjustor (I acutally have it in writing).. had a time about the car.. Now, they are trying to stall on the Medical. So, it is time for court. They don't even want to even discuss negotiation- they named a ridiculously LOW figure for months of pain & doctor's visits - and putting up with their run arounds. So, in the end- may have to go after the Driver.

• Fo
    formerinsuranceadjuster Mar 24, 2010

A car's value is different then it's ACV. We all know that as soon as we drive a car off the lot it loses value. Car's arent like homes.

• Mr
    mr.goode May 21, 2010

i am a bodyshop owner in ga . a car was refered to me by a towing compony at which time the claiment called to let usaa were the car would be located, at which time the adjuster for usaatold the claiment that my company (the bodyshop). did not warrenty our work whitch is false we warranty everything we do ! i guess my problem is im tired of dealing with the uneducated adjusters stering customers to certin shops . insurance comp. shouldnt be connected to any shop. were in america and everyone has the right to workout a livin

credit line

I had been a loyal customer of USAA. Last month I cancelled my car insurance, of 20 years . I had moved to another State and gave the car to my daughter. I stated that when we did purchase another vehicle it would be up to my (husband to be) who he wanted to go with. He has been with his insurance company for 30+ years. I was told for a fee that they could hold my account open so I could get the same rate. We know that is not the truth. Another person told me, because of my great rating that I would be taken back. I have never ever been late with my car insurance or any other payments. Yesterday in the mail I get a letter stating because of my credit history they took my credit line from $13, 500 to $5, 200.

#1 Never have I had my card to my limit
#2 I never asked to have my limit raised it was done because of my credit history
#3 I have not used this card in over 10 months
#4 Some time this past summer I sent in $3, 000 payment. I have no minimal payment due but I send in a good amount each month.

My limit was taken down, for one reason only!!! I cancelled my car insurance with you. I don't need this card nor did I ever need a $13, 500 on my credit line. You people are nothing but a scam. Over the years I have gotten people to go with USAA, I will now tell people my story and call the ones who still have business with you, including my family. My dad has been with USAA for a life time. He is 88 and still living and still is with you. I will get him switched.

• Me
    Merle Gilbert Nov 22, 2008

I've been reading more and more complaints about USAA, and one conclusion that I can come to is that they have taken a nosedive in terms of quality and service over the last few years. I've been a loyal customer for 10 years with home and auto loans, insurance, credit cards, and banking accounts. Three months ago, I received a mailer from USAA for a credit card offer, with a good fixed interest rate and an introductory interest rate of 0.0% on convenience checks for 12 months. My wife and I decided to finish off some home improvement projects and use the checks, while paying the balance off and not accruing any interest. Three months later, the economy has crashed, numerous USAA investment funds have lost up to 50% of their value, and mysteriously my credit card terms have changed. I don't have the original mailer, but do have the confirmation number written down, but (and this is the kicker) USAA says that number is not a valid confirmation number for a credit card application. This was, of course, not mentioned during the application process over the phone. I was also just told today that USAA doesn't offer credit cards with fixed rates, also a lie because the previous card I had with them did have a fixed rate. If anyone else has received a similar offer, please respond on this board, I don't believe that this was an isolated incident.

• Hy
    hydropro42 Dec 08, 2009

Please report this to the BBB

terrible place

I've been a member of USAA for quite some time, and over the years I've had nothing but praise for this financial institution. Regrettably, due to some financial restraints on my part, one of my credit accounts went into delinquency. While this is completely my fault and I'm in the process of trying to resolve, USAA has since blocked all on-line access to ALL of my accounts.

As I'm in the process of resolving this, I now have no access to online deposits, and they discontinued with next day deposits with UPS, nor can I accurately maintain my other accounts within USAA and pay bills accordingly or even deposit funds in a timely manner to pay the outstanding debt in question.

I admit, I was in the wrong with my delinquency, and although I'm trying to resolve, by not providing any access to my other accounts, (and apparently other people have the same problem) this is the set-up of an absolute financial meltdown for those with multiple accounts with this organization.

Astonishingly, even the Texas Banking Commission was surprised to hear my story.

• Cr
    crystal Dec 04, 2008

I HATE THIS BANK MY HUSBAND I WERE SCAMED AND THIS BANK CONTINUED TO LET THE COMPANY STEAL FROM ME AFTER T REPORTED.IM NEGATIVE 1, 200 BECAUSE OF THIS SCAM AND THEY SAY ITS MY FAULT AND THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

• Fe
    fedup48 Aug 24, 2009

Scam? MAn there are some people on here with no sense. Your probably one of those people that blame everyone for your mistakes. What scam? Hoepfully everyone that reads your ridiculous comment has enough of a brain to realize you put not facts, your just mad because YOU messed up and a company followed its procedure.

And if you cause a loss to a company then why should they give you special access? Ive had this happen as well. WIll it not be restored once you pay...

ga1111 Sep 17, 2009

The same thing happened to us. USAA is actually worse than other banks we dealt with. An account was charged off and they froze all money in our USAA Checking. They took $600.00 without even notifying us.
    Now we cannot pay are other USAA bills. Very unreasonable people there and no respect for you. Once you get a charge off you are trash to USAA.
    I will be closing all my checking accounts with USAA. Because if I deposit any money in their they will immediately take it and I will have overdraft fees.
    I suggest you do not deposit money into USAA. Open at a local credit union.

only the bottom line

The whole experience using USAA MoversAvantage and related services has been horrible. We are in the final stages of signing off on a real estate deal using exclusive USAA services and when we are about to finalize the USAA loan and USAA insurance needed to close the deal USAA decides it does not want to insure any more houses in the county the county we put a down payment on a house. (shown to us by the USAA Real Estate agent). This is coming from the company that solicited us to use their Real Estate Relocation Service, use their USAA mortgage Company and their USAA insurance. We really have a feel like USAA is abandoning us on this deal since we put a down payment on the property and are Expats overseas trying to relocate back to the U.S. Now we have to find another mortgage company and insurance company (from overseas)! This is very aggravating to say the least. I guess being loyal to USAA customer over the last 23+ years has no bearing on USAA's decision to leave us hanging like this. I would think most USAA members would be shocked to know that a company they grew to trust, a company who pride themselves to be loyal to it's members and who we exclusively used over the past 23 years for all insurance, banking and investment would treat their members in such a manner. Sometimes company's have to take a look past the $$$ they "might be exposed" to and look at the goodwill and relationships with their customers. USAA has lost allot of Goodwill in this instance and I am very disappointed with their lack of support to us Expats trying to relocate back to the U.S. So if you find yourself in the same situation beware of what USAA promises and do not assume they got your back covered... they are just like all the big insurance companies that look at the bottom line before customer service...

• Fl
    Florida Guy Mar 13, 2009

They have zero loyalty and have gone to a pure "bottom line" attitude. Longstanding relationships mean nothing anymore and they will drop you like a hot potato if you have a problem.

Its a very sad situation for a company founded on principals of loyalty and honor among officers to decline to something more like a local pawn shop (appologies to pawn shops!) or payday loan operation.

Jacqui Apr 17, 2009

They have screwed me too and I couldnt agree with you both more! USAA is only nice when they are going to suck you into becoming a member, everything is a pretty picture until a claim comes along or you call them out for something they did wrong. All of them tell you something different and a lot of the supervisors arent that nice at all. I haven't met one person that has actually had a problem with USAA and USAA actually fix without a But or problem behind it. I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you though USAA should take care of ppl like you...Grrrr they make me so mad

bad service

On Wednesday Nov 11 2007 around 10:00 pm my vehicle (1996 Ford F150) was involved in an accident with another...

terrible service

I was involved in an accident with a USAA customer. Mr. Mark Burski contacted me. I was trying to negotiate...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices