Having problems with USAA?

1800 531 8722 (Customer Service)
+1 210 531 8722 (Customer Service)
+1 800 472 8722 (Individual Retirement Accounts)
+1 877 899 6325 (Trust Services)
+1 800 258 4060 (Real Estate Rewards Network Assistance)
+1 800 531 8555 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 888 452 7754 (Auto Glass Repair & Replacement)
+1 877 314 2255 (Financial Planning)
+1 800 292 8294 (Survivor Relations Team)
+1 210 456 6310 (Accessibility)
9800 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, Texas
USAA Federal Savings Bank
10750 McDermott Freeway, San Antonio, TX 78288-9876

USAA Investment Management Company
P.O. Box 659453, San Antonio, TX 78265-9825

Complaints & Reviews

bad service

On Wednesday Nov 11 2007 around 10:00 pm my vehicle (1996 Ford F150) was involved in an accident with another...

terrible service

I was involved in an accident with a USAA customer. Mr. Mark Burski contacted me. I was trying to negotiate...

poor service

Same thing happened to me with usaa... We just moved to montana... I was told that I would not be able to renew my policy because of a bankruptcy three years ago... Makes not sense because I have changed the policy before and had no problems. I am very disappointed and plan on elevating this higher. Oh I was told that a supervisor was in a meeting and he would call me back in 15 min... It has been over 30!!! Usaa is starting to suck in my mind. If I can not get this resolved I may get a lawyer and go that route. For a company that markets themselves to military they sure are slipping.

• Me
    Mei Han Nov 05, 2009

Same happened to me now. The person insured by them backed into my car. First they tried to deny their responsibility. Then they didn't want to send appraiser because they want to save cost. Three week passed by. I am still trying to get hold of appraiser. I am very disappointed at their service

beware

My husband is a colonel in the US Army ret- just got back from tour in Afghanistan. While he was gone we opened a HELOC - USAA had me PAY for appraisal- this was in October 2007. Two days ago (May 14th 2008) USAA called and informed me that they re-appraised our home and based on that and comps - they had dropped the value of our home over 50K - I asked to see appraisal and comps -they refused. We had actually just had a real estate agent bring us comps -they came in 3% from last fall - but certainly not down 30% - the market it slow but not dead where I live.

The result of this, the froze my line of credit- and are now requiring PMI -because we don't have 20% equity based on their new "appraisal" -

Spoke to 5 different people- and the supervisor at the top told us - that- market conditions and credit crunch is responsible - and they have the "right" to do this any time they want. To add insult to injury they had the GALL to tell us "No one else will do any differently your home is worth anything anymore..."

Funny - Pentagon federal credit union - sent appraiser out and retrieved comps from our actual neighborhood - and told us - no problem - they put the house at 55K more than USAA -

Needless to say - we're re-financing everything-

USAA - is horrid bank - I can only assume that they didn't like that our HELOC was at 4.023% - and being that its end of quarter- they want to take write downs-

Really *** since my husband has been a member for over 20 years- and we carried everything through them -

USAA is just another NASTY big bank - screwing people - beware- of doing any type of loan business with them.

• Da
    Dante6666 Nov 04, 2009

USAA did the same thing to me. I also carried everything with them for 25 years. They have gotten really sleazy and are now PREDATORY lenders. They also decreased our home value on equity loans and our credit union appraisal came back significantly higher. They have turned pure evil. I heard they no longer are run by military people...is this the reason they are pure evil? LIARS and no LOYALTY to customers. Oh, they screwed me on some insurance claims also but that is a different issue. Someone totalled my car and they paid me signficantly less than any book value out there. They used the WHOLESALE AUCTION PRICE for payment when I pressed them as to where they got the low comps. They tried to slip it by me. Nice, huh?

terrible customer service

Usaa has a habit of charging nsf fees on unauthorized charges, and when you call customer service to fix...

car insurance ripoff!

I got out of my car to get something out of the back, and left the driver's side open. The car next to me had occupants, which I knew. Then, the wind blew my door into the other guy's car. There's no dent--just a paint scrape. USAA says this is the same as having an at fault accident on the freeway, and wants to raise my rates probably a few thousand dollars a year (since we have five cars insured with them). The entire damage probably barely comes to my $500 deductible. I offered to just pay the guy's damages myself, but USAA says no. (Why miss a bogus opportunity to squeeze a policyholder?).

We've had USAA for 10+ years, and they've made a lot of $$ off of us. Just last year they wouldn't let us change my husband's life insurance from 20 yr term to 30 yr term just because he was deployed. (How silly is that--no matter what, they're on the hook for the next 20 yrs, no matter how many deployments he's got left).

After reading about USAA locking out people's bank accounts, I think we'll be closing our accounts and moving them to Bank of America. We've been really pleased with their service.

• Ba
    Barbara Mar 30, 2008

DO NOT GO WITH BANK OF AMERICA!!! Google BANK OF AMERICA complaints and your computer will burn up. Go with Security Service Federal credit Union in San Antonio and don't give up on USAA. Have your main checking with SSFCU and have money sent each month from SSFCU to USAA to pay for your insurance. They give you a 10% discount for have automatic withdrawal. All the insurance companies are bad look at ALL STATE being sued by attorney generals in many states. Bank of America is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. I had them for 3 pay periods (3 active duty checks) and they bounced over $$2500 worth of checks because my money was NEVER EVER deposited on the day the military paid me. BOA would wait at least 2 but sometime up to 4 days to deposit my money all the while telling me they would "honor" any checks they came through. This was in 2000. My USAA auto and property insurance came out on payday and my mutual funds a few days later by AUTOMATIC withdrawal not by check. ALL BOUNCED!!! It was the single most frustrating horrible experience of my life. I had a $2000 overdraft signature loan with BOA (like I did SSFCU which I never closed thank God) and BOA made sure they RACKED UP EVERY CENT of it in bounced check fees $39 each. I thought I was done paying the BX and Wal-mart etc. and then stormed into BOA to close my account and found out they ran the same check for $6.00 for lunch I cashed at the BX 3 or 4 times just to rack up that signature loan which I had to pay off before I could close the account. I kept all my BOA statements PROVING they never deposieted my military checks for DAYS after payday but was exhausted working on my masters degree and working and raising a child. I was screwed and worse my airmen all said "I TOLD YOU SO" because they had already been through the experience. When I had my military pay going back to SSFCU, SUDDENLY NO MORE BOUNCED CHECKS!!! TO ALL FIRST SERGEANTS OUT THERE: BEFORE YOU THROW OUT ANY AIRMAN SOLDIER OR MARINE OR SAILOR out of the military, HAVE THEM DUMP BOA FOR SSFCU and their checks will not bounce.

• Mi
    Mike Sep 19, 2008

I'm completely ticked off at USAA. One of their clients is the at-fault driver in a collision in Texas. USAA is trying to force me to accept inferior junk parts (reconditioned) to repair my car. Does anyone know WHERE can I find information about my RIGHTS as a Texas auto insurance claimant??

• Fo
    formerinsuranceadjuster Mar 24, 2010

D.O.I. insuance complaint department. You make a complaint to them and USAA will be VERY helpful.

cam and rip off!

After being a loyal employee of usaa for 10 years, I was layed off in 2006 due to downsizing. Because of my...

cam and cheating!

I had insurance, and currently have Banking, a auto loan and Credit Card through USAA. In the past I was not...

usaa's unfair business practices!

I feel in my opinion that I have been treated unfairly by usaa federal savings bank. Now for all most 2 year...

terrible service!

My father has USAA for auto insurance. He's been with them for years. They specifically state on their website that USAA is for military and children of current policy holders. Since my dad has a policy and I am his child, I am therefore eligible. I did an on-line quote then I called USAA and spoke with a woman. I asked her if I could fax her my current policy with Amica and could she compare what USAA was offering me versus my current policy. The woman said that was fine and she looked over my policies after I faxed them to her. Then she called me back and said USAA was offering more for less. I signed up with her and USAA charged my credit card for 6 months. The whole time I told them who my dad was (over the phone and on their on-line quote). Well, after I paid and dropped my current auto insurance carrier, USAA said I was not eligible and I had 60 days to get insurance with another carrier. They said my dad was not an officer and they had to write him a policy for some unknown reason and therefore I was not eligible. However, their eligibility says child of an existing policy holder with no other exclusions written. They admitted they made a mistake writing me a policy but refuse to let me keep my existing policy I just opened with them. I tried to go back to my former carrier and now they are quoting me $17 more per month. After talking to my old company, they said what USAA did was illegal. They also advised me to ask Amica to act like the policy had never been closed. Amica also said this was illegal and not possible.

• Co
    considerate person Jul 14, 2008

USAA is terrible at paying medical bills on in a timely fashion. I will switch car insurance at the end of year. THey are HORRIBLE. The medical bill providers are threatening to send me to a collections agency since USAA is not paying the bills in a timely fasion. The bill is only $400. USAA says that the medical provider did not submit the codes so they cannot submit payment. So I get penalized!!! This is crazy. I had to fight for every bill to get paid. Is this a normal practice I ask?

• Ru
    ruth williams May 24, 2009

To whom it may concern i was in a car accidents last years
    6/14/08. I was hit from the rear. and strain my neck and lower lumbar.

and the insurance injury claim centtral, offer me $500.00 dollars.

I think my life is worth more than $500.00 dollars.

Roland, okla

terrible company to work with!

Our new 3 month old car got hit from the rear by a USAA customer who was also hit from behind. However the...