Having problems with U.S. Xpress?

U.S. Xpress reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 24, 2008. The latest review Reckless Driver 003165 was posted on Apr 10, 2021. The latest complaint Dissatisfactoin was resolved on Feb 24, 2013. U.S. Xpress has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 13 reviews. U.S. Xpress has resolved 5 complaints.

U.S. Xpress Customer Service Contacts

4080 Jenkins Road
Chattanooga, Tennessee

U.S. Xpress Complaints & Reviews

U.S. XpressReckless Driver 003165

Driving on 65n in Alabama (about 10 miles south of Montgomery) on April 10, 2021 at 4:10pm. Driver is swerving, recovering, and swerving again. Going over the right white line and center line by at least 3 feet with heavy traffic and 60mph speed. This person is obviously more than distracted and seems impared in some way. No answer @ call center. This is something that could be an emergency and there should be a way to contact your company. Number on the back was 003165.

U.S. XpressCareless driver 611967 trailer truck p0252

South Jacksonville 2/24/21, 330 pm, driver without warning or blinker cut in front of my vehicle cause my vehicle safety braking to engage, the drive was in the middle lane and cut into the left lane to pass another tractor trailer, they were not practicing safety driving and need to have corrective action, could have caused a serious accident. 611967 trailer truck p0252

U.S. Xpressunsafe driving

While riding on i70w driver of truck 911700 with plates u985628 almost ran us off the road. He didn't want to drive behind another truck and wasn't paying attention and impulsively swerved in our lane to go around truck. No turning signal no nothing. Not to mention in a construction zone. Being a seminto my small frame care loves cause have been taking over this mans wreckless driving !

unsafe driving

Feb 02, 2019

U.S. Xpress — driver

My complaint is I was riding with lp5763 for 3 months. He got me from nc. Ya told him put me out the truck in...

U.S. Xpress — wrongful termination

In 2012 i contracted with us xpress hauling on the henderson nc walmart account.In September 2013 walmart...

US Xpress — Wrongful termination

In 2012 i contracted with us xpress hauling on the henderson nc walmart account.September 2013 my contract...

U.S. Xpress Enterprises — Dac Report

08-31-2015 RE-BUTTAL This is my rebuttal on the US Xpress accusation of a Lane Change Side Swipe. Thi...

US Xpress — Lease-Purchase Program

I signed a Lease-Purchase agreement with US Xpress at the end of April of 2013. I am a driver who has had 13...

US Express TruckingDissatisfactoin

I have been employed since July with US Express. After my initial training, I was placed in a team driving situtation but really wanted to drive solo which I was allowed to do. I am a single women and took the job so that I could save my home. I have no other income. Due to my situation I have only gone home twice maybe three times since I went solo. My last trip home was at Christmas. That is my choice though. I need the income. Snce that time I have been allowed to set for days with no load mainly during the weekend. I have complained several times and for a few weeks it would be better. Then it goes back to the normal. I can't stay out here, not make any money to pay my bills and go with little or no resources for food. I have explained this situation. The final downfall was on Saturday 02/23/13, I have been down 5 days for a tune up on the truck, was given a load to California on Thursday which satisfied me. I would have some miles. That was taken on Saturday because I was the best option to make a time for a 345 mile load that should have been picked up 5 hours earlier. I complained, nothing was fixed. I spoke to supervisors, nothing was fixed. I have no hours and a 345 mile load that can't be delivered til Monday. I was told to take it to Lexington. At this point I want to unseat the truck and go home. No money, no miles. I have to take the truck to Ellenwood to unseat. They send me three different loads to somewhere else. I tell them I requested Ellenwood to unseat. Now I'm told I have to wait til they get a load to there, could be days. I could have taken at least one load there and it could be restarted because it would be closer but it isn't allowed and if I do I'm charged. I can't leave the truck here at their yard, I'm charged. I can't drive it home, I'm charged. I have done everything they have ever asked, never had an infraction, helped them in numerous circumstances. Now when I want to go home and look for a job that I can survive I'll be charged, yet I can't get miles to survive here. I have a way to get home today if they will let me take the truck but no one cares. No one matters, I just get charged. Now they contact me to make me take a load or wait. All I won't is to give them the truck so I won't be charged and go home since I can't work here and get enough miles to survive. I only have one way home with my family and now they even wan't to mess that up. I work so hard yet you took my load for no reason and give me loads where I can't make it. I have saved everything on this. every call every email. I have tried to do what is right so why can't your company do what is right and let me go to Ellenwood now not days or even hours from now

US ExpressNever use them

I had ship luggage from NY to India and called Air India cargo #, they referred me to Mr. Gurvinder Singh (Indo US Express) as authorized person to handle personal cargo. I contacted him and he collected all my luggage on Dec 2009 from my home address, and also charged me money [check & credit card] and mentioned it will be delivered in about a week. Since then, I am constantly following up with him and he is just making excuses. It’s been about 3 months and I am still waiting.

US Express — awful experience

I was accepted into the orientation program at US Xpress. I quit my job, that is how confident that I would...

US Xpress — scam and cheating

I hear each and every single one of you out there with issues with US Xpress. I uprooted my family to move to...

U.S. Xpress Enterprisesterrible service!

After a little over a years faithful service to company which included being a Driver Trainer and Road test Examiner. I was involved in a single vehicle (my Truck) accident. The company placed me on unpaid suspension waiting the results of the safety committee investigation. After 6 weeks of not making any money and not being able to apply for any type of new work (because was still classified as employed by said company) the fired me for unsafe safety rating.

This mind you my only accident the whole time I was with company and up to this point not a single moving violation or ticket. While Driving down I-95 in New Haven Ct it was about 11:30 pm on Oct 8th 2007. It was raining, visibility was good, roads where wet but passable. I had just gone through the interchange of I-91 and I-95 headed south to Delaware on my dedicated account. A car traveling south bound pulled in front of me from the far left lane.

I was in the middle lane of 3. after about 100 yards the car put on his brakes for no apparent reason. I applied my brakes and my ABS on the tractor failed causing the tractor brakes to lock up. The trailer (53' dry van) was empty and started to come around me.I ended up jack knifing and going through the guard rails taking out a light pole and into a set of trees along the side of the highway.

The truck was totaled. When the police arrived a witness told the state trooper what had happened, then I gave my statement as well. The Trooper then gave me a ticket for failure to maintain my lane. Said it was just a basic ticket and that all i had to do was pay it and it wouldn't even show up on my license.

I then had some friends come and get me and bring me to a hotel in Springfield Ma. Waited for a drug test guy to get there to test me for drugs and alcohol. (Which never was or ever would be in my system at any time). The next few days I repeatedly tried to get in touch with safety to let them know to check the truck and they would see that the ABS failed on the tractor. The Tractor was also scheduled to go to Volvo that coming weekend for some major repairs. The company just kept delaying me and telling me they were waiting for report from safety board. Well because I went 6 weeks without pay I was not able to pay the ticket.

Which has resulted in me losing my right to drive a commercial vehicle. And the report that USXPRESS made on my termination states unsafe safety rating.

Which in turn has made it impossible for me to get a job with any other trucking company.

• Ph
                Phyllis Apr 30, 2008

My husband is a recent graduate of a truck driving school, passed his test and ready to be an otr driver. USxpress had a recuriter go to the class wanting drivers, the man lied about so much. He was promised 7 days out 2 days home, LIE - a set wage PLUS school reimbursement LIE (you get less per mile if you choose school reimbursement), you can stay at the hotel instead of the bunk house for three days and get a discount from the school LIE (two day max but they tell you to get there night before) Insurance is HIGH - you go to orienation for three days but this is not a guarentee of hirer. My husband has passed all test, everything is fine except now they want his w2 from last year. if told this before going to orientation for three days, two hours away, he would have brought it with him. but now they need it right now and he is being sent home with no job because he did not have it. these people are stupid.