Us Weekly Magazinestopped my subscription but wont pay me back

J Review updated:

Hi my name is Jane Nishitani, i was an avid reader of US weekly magazine, so last november2008 I subscribed on their international subscription site on the internet. soon that nov.26 they already got the full payment for 1 year subscription on my master card(so fast)without any notice to me of when shall i have my first copy.1 month passed and still nothing, so I emailed them of whats going on, and they said ive got a wrong address so(that is so impossible), but they didnt have the responsibility to inform me but still i gave them my address again.then i received my first and last copy on jan.5 2009, i live in hiroshima city and it was addressed on nagoya city, luckily the post office here in japan got my record and sent it to me.and so another 1 month passed and no magazine.I got so pissed off already that i emailed them that if they cannot send me my magazine i just want my money back, they replied to me and said that they cut off my subscription already and i just need to contact my credit card office.2 months passed and i called my credit card company but no money from US weekly had been returned.

Jaalany Valenzuela May 12, 2015

received a collection letter from Collect Pros claiming I own $ 365.75 for subscription to US Weekly magazine Ref # 586015
    I have never, ever subscribed to such magazine, I have never ever received any magazine at my address, I have never received any previous bill, I am reporting this allegacion as scam . Therfore I should not be responsible for this bill, this should be investigated and should be errase from my recors .

Mary Galindo May 18, 2015

I received a collection notice that I own $365.75 for a magazine called US Weekly Magazine. I never ordered this magazine and never received any magazines. They say my reference # is 568168. When I tried to go online to dispute this scam and nothing happened. I called the number but you can not speak with anyone either. I seen online that this has happened to many people and they are all making complaints. So I am now complaining to you that this is an unjust scam that needs to be addressed. lease response to my complaint as to how to proceed in this complaint. Thank you in advance for any and all help in this matter. Sincerely, Mary Galindo

• Ca
    catherine gordon May 21, 2015

I received a statement in the mail on 05/21/15 stating I owed $274.05 for a magazine I don't ever read.I have 30 days to respond, I don't get it how they can do this & get away with it, I'm very upset that my name is being used to try & get money. there is a reference # 456519

• Pa
    patricia mcnallin May 22, 2015

I never order this or recived it not my bill so get off my name

• Pa
    patricia mcnallin May 22, 2015

this is not my bill

• Rm
    RM Arthur May 28, 2015

I received a collect notice for a magazine I never heard of or ordered... wow where did this come from !!!

• La
    Laurie41 Jun 01, 2015

I was mailed a pink Courtesy Notice from Collection Pros stating I owed $365.75 for a unpaid subscription to US Weekly Magazine which I never subscribed to or received, Upon calling the woman who answered said it was already affectiong y credit and to get it off I would need to submitt to her $299.00. Wouldn't give me any further information and was extremeley rude. Told me if I wanted to dispute it go online and follow instructions to file a dispute then hung up on me.

Manu Nui Oct 03, 2016

My daughter subscribes to your magazine shares it with me when she is finished. I was appalled to see a cigarette ad for American Spirit cigarettes in your magazine. This encourages young people to begin smoking and I will not ever buy your magazine until I know that no more ads like this one will appear. My daughter is also going to be canceling her subscription. I suffer from asthma caused by secondhand smoke on aircraft during my 34 year career.
    None of my four children smoke and they certainly don't want their children to smoke. Is this ad really worth giving your magazine a bad name?
    I have spoken to others about this who were also enraged. Please reconsider no longer having more ads like this cigarette ad in your magazine.
    Thank you.

• Rj
    Rjudas Jan 20, 2020

I have never subscribed to any magazines and I just
    Started receiving US weekly magazines and I wish to cancel them immediately. I have tried cancelling for a week now but I cant seem to get anyone to help me with this issue. I also need to know how my information is being used to subscribe if I didnt do it myself.

Comments