US Security AssociatesUnfair Treatment of Employees

M

Husband use to be a Patrol Supervisor for over 3 years and has never had a raise - they added more responsibilities on him but never any money. Still making $10.00 hr. Also, when he had to go p/u company vehicle 1/2 hr away then drive to the first site. He was never compensated for that time. He also was never compensated for driving the company vehicle from site to site. Only on the arrival time. That is not legal. They also made him cover different sites at various pay rates even though he was up since 8 in the morning and working all day long. They even made him work the overnight shift because he couldn't find anyone to fill in. A person cannot get by on just 3 hours of sleep a night and function normally, especially when the work is driving all the time. My husband had to put up with verbal and emotional abuse from the branch manager all the time, especially when the branch manager couldn't get his way. The benefits actually sucks - they don't pay for anything. They wouldn't even cover an MRI. All we can say is stay away from this company If you file for unemployment or worker's comp "they will fight you all the way" as the regional manager has said.

• Kr
    KrystalLock Jul 26, 2017

I was forced to resign due to treatment. When I when to management about the conditions and treament, they stated I was making excuses. Once my supervisor found out I called, he threaten to fire me. I would still call and management would not return my calls. I cal the ethics hotline which solved nothing. The employer never responded to the case. Now I am left, with out the employment.

• Fl
    flyboy223 Mar 07, 2018

@KrystalLock We are dealing with this same [censor] with the Stockton, CA branch. I work at a Amazon facility and they have been lying to us since January of 2017 about pay raise, us not getting paid correctly, branch not answering calls and WAY more! and on top of all that they just gave us a raise a week ago and have already taken it back for no reason, stating budget cuts. [censor] U.S SECURITY!

Chacarita Jun 06, 2016

Lance brewer district manager runs a bery poor program at the company. He has people training that dont want that job and barely skim over policy and procedures. When there is a large turn over it cant always be the new employee. It has to be poor management and poor training. I saw people with years of experience and that were let go before probation was done and no problems were brought to the employees attention either. Just good bye. EXTREMELY NON PROFESSIONAL

• Lu
    Luke Yznaga Jan 29, 2016

I agree. had problems with a supervisor named Butler in the Kraft and Con-Way trucking, in Winchester, Virginia. when I quit, I was not paid t all. I also think they are stealing from Conway and not really guarding the place and taking the food from the refirgerators of the employees there. But who will listen to me? If I contact Con way or Kraft, they will dismiss me as a disgruntled employee.

Jonh williams Mar 29, 2015

This company is the worst i have work for. The operation manager is the worst if any one can say their operation manager is bad you haven meet John William is a the worst. I challenge anyone that can beat that. Every time he opens his mouth the only thing that come out it lies. People beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee very carefull please dont work for this company they dont treat you well they have no respect toward the guards.

• Mi
    Miguel Matute Dec 26, 2014

i was hired by US Security Associates on Dec. 23 of 2014. While i was having my interview with one of the managers whose name is Andrea, i heard this other US Security manager talking on his cell phone, screaming, and cursing out an employee. This manager whose name i don't really know, was disturbing my whole interview to the point that manager Andrea has to closed her office door. Minutes later after he got done cursing this employee, he abruptly pushed Andrea's office door and threw a pile of paper work over my head that almost heat me !!! The point being is that, on Dec. 26 of 2014 i called the office to let them know that i had a car problem. Well, unfortunately the person who answers the phone and i expected to be professional at all times was the same manager that was treating his employee like garbage the day of my interview. Of course, he treated me the same way, like trash. All i wanted to tell him was that i was not going to be able to make it on Monday when he started to go off on me on the phone. After seen and heard this manager talking this way with an employee of his and now to me, there is no doubt that he gets pay for doing this !!! Now i have no job because he gave me no choice, but to return my uniforms. Not even relocation to a closer place so, at least i could find my way around or something.

• Mi
    Mike bernard Jul 06, 2014

US Security is the worst of the worse. David Floyd is the project manager at the Amazon facility in fernly nevada. A total alcoholic with no morals. The branch manager John Mc Neil is just as bad. The guards at Amazon take all kinds of abuse. Floyd comes to work most of the time hung over and takes it out on the guards. WARNING. Don't work for them out of their sparks nevada office. They are crooks .

• Mr
    Mr Magillicuddy2u Apr 25, 2012

They must pay for travel from site to site, it's called the Portal to Portal act- it's Federal law.

• Cu
    Current Employee #1 Mar 29, 2012

I work for this compmany now in delaware and I find that to be true. The company is also racist and don't really care for the employees that work for the company. When you call to speak with somebody in the office they are always in a meeting. Your giving their voicemail or told somebody will call you back and you NEVER recieve a call back. This company is very bad. When you have a complaint your told in their on words to deal with it or we'll find somebody else to do the job then your out of work for a LONG TIME. this company is unfair.

• Wo
    wolfgang239 Mar 24, 2011

most security companies pay rate is based upon the post. Ive seen it many times that a company will put out "now hiring, paying 12.00hr" adds... but what it does is get you to get hired, they put you at the 12.00 post for a week...then move you to a 10.00 or less post... that 12.00 post is a draw... its only meant to get warm bodies on a post.
    Most states have a law that require you to have a minimum of 8 hours between shifts, if that company is not doing that (supervisor or not) then you may need to speak to your states labor board.