Complaints & Reviews

Won't Pay For Time Worked

I highly recommend avoiding anything to do with U.S. Security Associates at all costs to anyone. I am still working to get paid from over 2 months ago. I worked 70 hours per week, there was nothing but drama from the supervisors and staff. Very immature all together. All legal paperwork, employee files, etc was stored on a public drive and in a desk without a lock; easily available to anyone and everyone to do as they please with anyone's personal info. Worst place I've ever worked and zero respect or gratitude shown. The company has already been sued for millions in 2015. Stay far away from @USAOfficer

NON PAYMENT OF EARNED WAGES

I have not been paid for the 9.5 hours I worked at Sam’s Club in La Marque Texas, back in April 2013. I have spoken with several people with this company and they still haven"t paid me. i have contacted supervisors and HR reps to get this resolved and to date still no action has taken. I feel I have been very patient, but enough is enough.
I plan to contact the local newspapers also warn other officer’s of your company not paying wages to employees.

accusied of disobeying orders

This company is accusing me of Leaving my post with their client even thou they asked me in person before...

poor treatment

I worked for US Security associates. I worked in a southern NJ branch, where the manager was never there because he ran several offices. The Secretary delegated everything and they messed up my schedule quite often. The only thing nice I can say is the office is clean and they're not bigots! From day one it was one lie after another. My pay rate was changed thus botching my checks, I was told i'm making X but never got paid that across the board being at the same site most of my tenure. I needed a week off and was told sure then a couple weeks later I was let go. Do to my record of complaints which I never heard about till I was fired. No, write ups I was ever told about! The day I was fired, I learned I was a diabetic not finest my hour. Not they're fault but THAT really SUCKED. If I could sue I would...or at least write a book about all the dis-function, politics and lies I dealt with in my tenure there!

• To
    TO LITTLE TO LATE Apr 26, 2012

i TOO AM AN OFFICER AT THIS COMPANY IN GEORGIA, AND THE THINGS WE PIT UP WITH AT THE SITE I WORK IS TREMENDOUS. i HAVE WORKED MANY JOBS IN MY LIFE BUT NEW FOR A COMPANY THAT GIVES A RATS ### ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE SURE THE SITES ASSIGNED IS RUNNING SMOOTHLY. I PUT MY ALL INTO EVERYTHING I DO, INCLUDING MY JOB. I DONT WANNA QUITE BECAUSE I NO FOR SURE THEY WONT GIVE ME A REFERENCE AN THATS SAD. WE JUST GOT A NEW SRGT. AND CALLING HIM A ### IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. WE (MYSELF AND OTHER GUARDS) HAVE PROOF OF HIM SLEEPING BUT AFRAID TO SHOW EVIDENCE TO OUT SUPERVISOR FOR FEAR OF BEING FIRED FOR HAving a phone.(this has happen to a previous guard for the same situation) IM AT MY WITS WITH THIS JOB AND ITS ONLY BEEN 7MTHS. IM CONFUSED AND TIRED BUT I NEED MY JOB. I DONT NO WHAT TO DO, NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO US.

• brethart07 Apr 26, 2012

I understand your situation To little to late. Don't get yourself fired, just stack your evidence until you can find another job or you decide to quit. Fear of being fired is the reason they have power...firing someone for telling the truth, if you have a positive work record is just political they must have not liked those that got axed . I learned after my second week with this company that gossip and kissing butt is the only way you keep a job there long term!

• La
    LastLaugh561 May 20, 2012

don't do it they will fire you and the reason would be the cellphone.

unfair treatment

These people at US Security Associates only think of them selves. the are buying out tons of companies on the east coast and exploding there employees. No vacation time no medical, more then 10 weeks shorting out your hours (not getting paind in Full). the are a joke. They talk t you all sweet on the phone saying they going to help but weeks go by and they keep dancing people arround with hopes and dreams...Buch of clowns...

• St
    stressedoutguard Dec 16, 2011

I work for US Security and have seen a lot of crap go on there in my 26 months on the job.
    I have been cussed out in front of my peers (TWICE) and have seen others receive the same treatment. The manual CLEARLY spells out that that type of behavior is not acceptable and that the FIRST offence is immediate termination. However, the perpetrators not only remain on site, they have also been promoted to lead officers.
    I have worked on the last three Thanksgiving Day shifts (I began with the company in October of 2009) and it took me until Christmas Eve of '09 to get my Thanksgiving Day overtime money, as they paid me straight time for it. I don't mind working on Thanksgiving, because I take vacation for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but to have to wait a month for my overtime money is just wrong.
    I was recently called a liar by our Regional Manager (the 3rd one in 2 years) because I was late for work after being clipped by a car on the interstate, and didn't get a police report. A police report is only given for damage of $750 or more, and mine was just enough of a paint rub to warrant only a $10 bottle of touch up paint. But I had to get off of the interstate, then find a safe place to be able to get out of my truck to inspect the damage, and then proceed to work. I was 2 minutes late and got written up for it.
    Currently, I am awaiting my vacation check for putting in my 2080 hours in a year, and haven't received it yet. Our book says that you receive it 30 days AFTER hitting that mark and I hit it on November the 14th. I have tried to contact them today only to get voice mails. That is the way of this company. They DON'T want to talk to you, so they screen their calls and hope you'll go away.
    The only reason that I am still with this company is that there really isn't many jobs out there (thanks to our wonderful government), I am in school, and I have bills to pay. Until I find something better, I am stuck in this crappy place.
    If anybody is looking for a job, and is in desperate need of one, DO NOT go work for US Security.

• Mr
    Mr Magillicuddy2u Apr 25, 2012

Man up, quit whining, and be thankful. Perhaps you should offer to work a week free just for the prvilidge of wearing their uniform!

• Cr
    Craig James Jun 07, 2012

Your so called supervisor there at the Koch Foods in Morton I think they said his name is Anthony something im a truck driver and i 've only seen him twice since i've been making deliveries there and the first time and yesterday evening he smelt of marijuana. I have a problem that. It's wrong, I dont wanna have deal with someone under the freaking influence.

• Ms
    ms annette Jun 30, 2016

i have worked for this company for a few years... but i hate to say is that i will never ever recommend anyone to work for this company, , , management treat you like ###... and to top it of we have no type benefits or anything... i dont know how that company is still up and running...

Lawsuit of discrimination

I had been employed with us security associates for alittle more then a year when while working for Factory...

EMPLOYER ABUSE

WELL I'VE BEEN WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY (U.S. SECURITY ASSOCIATES) FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW, LIKING A YEAR. (SIGH) WERE CAN I START. LIKE THE WOMAN SAID EARLIER, SOON AS YOUR HIRED YOU WORK THE SAME DAY OR NIGHT. I HAD JUST DROVE FROM JACKSONVILLE AND WAS TIRED AND HAD TO TURN AROUND AND WORK. SOON AS I GOT THERE THEY JUST PUT ME TO WORK. I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO DO THINGS ON MY OWN AND OR ASK PEOPLE HOW TO DO THIS OR THAT. THESE PEOPLE ARE SO UNORGANIZE. I OFTEN GET MIXED SCHEDUALS WHEN I WAS AT THE DOLLAR GENERAL. NOW THAT IM AT WAL-MART ON 13TH, THE SCHEDUAL IS OKAY. HOWEVER, THEY DONT
PAY ME EVER FRIDAY...IF YOU GET ME. THEY PAY ME SOMETIMES FRIDAY, SATURDAY, MONDAY, YOU NAME IT. BUT IF I EVER GET EVICTIED...YESS SIR REEE A LAW SUIT WILL BE ESTABLISHED. THE PLACE ME AND MY WIFE STAYS NOW (SMH) THEY DONT PLAY. ALSO YOU GET THE " HE SAY SHE SAY" GAMES ALOT. GET COMPLAINTS AND NOT KNOWING WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT, BUT THEY COME TO YOU ABOUT IT. HOWEVER WALMART ARE JUST WICKED ANY WAY...LOL SO UMM ANYWAYS. IT'S CRAZY. LIKE TODAY IS WHAT...APRIL 15, 2011 AND TODAY IS PAYDAY. ME AND MY WIFE OWE PEOPLE AND NEED GAS AND HAVE THINGS TO DO...AND...THE CHECK? IT'S NOT HERE. SO I UNDERSTAND THE PAIN YOUR GOING THROUGH.I JUST DONT THINK I WILL BE HERE 3 YEARS. PRAY NOT. OH AND THE TRUCK..ALWAYS IN THE SHOP OFF AND ON.PEOPLE SHOW UP LATE TO RELEVE YOU, IT'S...(SIGH) TIRING, BORED, AND JUST ADDITUDE, ADDITUDE, ADDITUDES. SAY IF THE CAR BE DIRTY THEN YOU GOT TO PAY WITH YOUR OWN MONEY TO CLEAN THE CAR, ECT.

• Je
    Jeremiah07 May 11, 2011

i dont speak ebonics so no i dont feel u or understand what ur trying to say

Unfair Treatment of Employees

Husband use to be a Patrol Supervisor for over 3 years and has never had a raise - they added more responsibilities on him but never any money. Still making $10.00 hr. Also, when he had to go p/u company vehicle 1/2 hr away then drive to the first site. He was never compensated for that time. He also was never compensated for driving the company vehicle from site to site. Only on the arrival time. That is not legal. They also made him cover different sites at various pay rates even though he was up since 8 in the morning and working all day long. They even made him work the overnight shift because he couldn't find anyone to fill in. A person cannot get by on just 3 hours of sleep a night and function normally, especially when the work is driving all the time. My husband had to put up with verbal and emotional abuse from the branch manager all the time, especially when the branch manager couldn't get his way. The benefits actually sucks - they don't pay for anything. They wouldn't even cover an MRI. All we can say is stay away from this company If you file for unemployment or worker's comp "they will fight you all the way" as the regional manager has said.

• Wo
    wolfgang239 Mar 24, 2011

most security companies pay rate is based upon the post. Ive seen it many times that a company will put out "now hiring, paying 12.00hr" adds... but what it does is get you to get hired, they put you at the 12.00 post for a week...then move you to a 10.00 or less post... that 12.00 post is a draw... its only meant to get warm bodies on a post.
    Most states have a law that require you to have a minimum of 8 hours between shifts, if that company is not doing that (supervisor or not) then you may need to speak to your states labor board.

• Cu
    Current Employee #1 Mar 29, 2012

I work for this compmany now in delaware and I find that to be true. The company is also racist and don't really care for the employees that work for the company. When you call to speak with somebody in the office they are always in a meeting. Your giving their voicemail or told somebody will call you back and you NEVER recieve a call back. This company is very bad. When you have a complaint your told in their on words to deal with it or we'll find somebody else to do the job then your out of work for a LONG TIME. this company is unfair.

• Mr
    Mr Magillicuddy2u Apr 25, 2012

They must pay for travel from site to site, it's called the Portal to Portal act- it's Federal law.

• Mi
    Mike bernard Jul 06, 2014

US Security is the worst of the worse. David Floyd is the project manager at the Amazon facility in fernly nevada. A total alcoholic with no morals. The branch manager John Mc Neil is just as bad. The guards at Amazon take all kinds of abuse. Floyd comes to work most of the time hung over and takes it out on the guards. WARNING. Don't work for them out of their sparks nevada office. They are crooks .

• Mi
    Miguel Matute Dec 26, 2014

i was hired by US Security Associates on Dec. 23 of 2014. While i was having my interview with one of the managers whose name is Andrea, i heard this other US Security manager talking on his cell phone, screaming, and cursing out an employee. This manager whose name i don't really know, was disturbing my whole interview to the point that manager Andrea has to closed her office door. Minutes later after he got done cursing this employee, he abruptly pushed Andrea's office door and threw a pile of paper work over my head that almost heat me !!! The point being is that, on Dec. 26 of 2014 i called the office to let them know that i had a car problem. Well, unfortunately the person who answers the phone and i expected to be professional at all times was the same manager that was treating his employee like garbage the day of my interview. Of course, he treated me the same way, like trash. All i wanted to tell him was that i was not going to be able to make it on Monday when he started to go off on me on the phone. After seen and heard this manager talking this way with an employee of his and now to me, there is no doubt that he gets pay for doing this !!! Now i have no job because he gave me no choice, but to return my uniforms. Not even relocation to a closer place so, at least i could find my way around or something.

Jonh williams Mar 29, 2015

This company is the worst i have work for. The operation manager is the worst if any one can say their operation manager is bad you haven meet John William is a the worst. I challenge anyone that can beat that. Every time he opens his mouth the only thing that come out it lies. People beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee very carefull please dont work for this company they dont treat you well they have no respect toward the guards.

• Lu
    Luke Yznaga Jan 29, 2016

I agree. had problems with a supervisor named Butler in the Kraft and Con-Way trucking, in Winchester, Virginia. when I quit, I was not paid t all. I also think they are stealing from Conway and not really guarding the place and taking the food from the refirgerators of the employees there. But who will listen to me? If I contact Con way or Kraft, they will dismiss me as a disgruntled employee.

Chacarita Jun 06, 2016

Lance brewer district manager runs a bery poor program at the company. He has people training that dont want that job and barely skim over policy and procedures. When there is a large turn over it cant always be the new employee. It has to be poor management and poor training. I saw people with years of experience and that were let go before probation was done and no problems were brought to the employees attention either. Just good bye. EXTREMELY NON PROFESSIONAL

• Kr
    KrystalLock Jul 26, 2017

I was forced to resign due to treatment. When I when to management about the conditions and treament, they stated I was making excuses. Once my supervisor found out I called, he threaten to fire me. I would still call and management would not return my calls. I cal the ethics hotline which solved nothing. The employer never responded to the case. Now I am left, with out the employment.

• Fl
    flyboy223 Mar 07, 2018

@KrystalLock We are dealing with this same [censor] with the Stockton, CA branch. I work at a Amazon facility and they have been lying to us since January of 2017 about pay raise, us not getting paid correctly, branch not answering calls and WAY more! and on top of all that they just gave us a raise a week ago and have already taken it back for no reason, stating budget cuts. [censor] U.S SECURITY!

Unfair Treatment

I must preface this account with the following details: Unfortunately, due to the economy, I have been an employee for this company for over four years. I do not have any written reports against my name, and I have recently provided my two-week notice of resignation. Although I have been unfairly treated in the past by this employer, which includes upper management, I decided to extend courtesy by providing a two week notice of my resignation. However, this courtesy was failed to be extended back to myself, and I was told to not complete my remaining balance of working days. I was appalled by the audacity of these individuals to choose for me to not complete my final employment dates.
Feel free to research this company; they have numerous complaints against them, sexual harassment lawsuits, and poor employee reviews. I am shocked that more clients do not terminate their contracts with U.S. Security Associates, INC. and switch to a more quality service provider. U.S. Security Associates Inc. hires just about anyone, and I mean ANYONE. The company provides poor benefits, little to no promotional opportunities, no raises, no incentives or positive feedback for its employees to provide quality service.
Furthermore, management lacks professionalism. Numerous employees have been subjected to their valid complaints being ignored, to passive aggressive behavior, to unfair treatment, and to feel as if they need to settle for such injustices! While working for this company over the years, I have witnessed good employees being wrongfully terminated while other employees who happened to be favored received preferred treatment! It became blatantly apparent that in order to "succeed, " one needed to place his morals on the backburner, turn a blind eye to bad behavior, and placate poor management.
When is enough actually ENOUGH? Current and previous employees of this company need to UNITE and have a voice. Voice your dissatisfaction, proclaim NO MORE, and stand firm in your beliefs that every employee is ENTITLED to fair treatment, to have his valid concerns addressed and rectified, and to be respected. Individuals need to be held accountable for bad behavior, and management needs a complete re-structuring from ground up!

WRONGFUL TREATMENT OF EMPLOYEE'S

I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR U.S. SECURITY FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY I HAVE NEVER SEEN A...

unfairly terminated

my husband worked for the company us security for 2 years and then left the company for family reasons then...

Guard Rude and Surfing web on the job

THE SECURITY GUARD BY THE NAME OF GEORGE THAT WORKS IN SONY STYLE IN ROOSEVELT FIELD MALL. IN GARDEN CITY NEW...

Job scam

Unless you're willing to spend money to make money for security officer positions don't waste your time. After arriving at a point of being hired and during the hiring interview I started hearing a whole lot of "oh, by the way". For instance, oh by the way you'll need to pay us 100 dollars for training for WA state certification. And oh by the way we'll need to take another 35 dollars out of your first two paychecks for another ambiguous charge. And oh by the way the full time position offered online is really a part time weekend position for right now and we'll see if we can find something more. In case you aren't familiar with benefits that means the benefits they advertised to pay at 90 days they won't have to pay because you accepted part time employment. Also the 13.50/hr position at North Bend is just the bait. All of their other positions are 11./hr and once you're hired you are obligated to work any of their sites. This company should be investigated for deceptive hiring practices because people looking for a jobs don't have time for "Oh, by the way".

• Co
    Coltmiguel45 Nov 05, 2009

so true, i used to work for us associates security in san antonio. it's ###. they make you think that your heading for a big time career, but they charge you bunch of money to get started. i was hired in feb of 2008, i was working at the malls of la cantera.at the time la cantera was the only high paying job, like 10.00 an hr and if you lost your postion, oh well, they made you deal with it. sad but true. if you see any aversting ads in san antonio for full time assume it's only part-time.. a father who is strugging for his family thinking he'll be getting a better paying job is trick into nothing.. i strongly recommed only one company with price security.. price protective services will take care of you and your family..

• Th
    THE COMPANY LIAR Sep 14, 2010

When I was hired I left a goft cat position for a job at U.S. Sesurity promised a golf cart at my post. I ended standing up my
    feet to the point of pain on my feet that I could not sleep at night. I had a foot problem for years but avoided jobs that I
    would have to stand. I ended up seeing a podiastrest(foot docter} and I hate doctors to see him. As far as I am concerned U.S.
    Security outright lied to me. I am a member of pre-paid legal services about this. I was told they had that legal right if
    though it is is lie. I ended up spending alot of money on my feet to avoid the terrible pain that I have encountered. I should
    not have had to spend any money on my feet. This standing also put me on musle relaxer because standing on my feet
    caused arthrical, loss of motion, and pain which is because of their lie to me on the interview.They said your are using T"3s
    which was made for police officers standing on my feet for hours.

• Wb
    wbsimsjr Feb 07, 2011

I was hired by the Hagerstown, MD 'Branch" to work a Christmas Job.. great money.. but I had to spend 17hrs in my own vehicle.. but at 19.50 it was good for the bank account.. that was December 25th... As 2011 began and I called the "Administrative assistant" I always got a run around or "OOO we have to get some new forms .. I'll Call You..". Jobs were offered at 8 bills an hour.. that most decent security companies would get more $$ for the staff for having to do.. I.e. using your own vehicle for the entire shift [temp assignments] or require a Shack... the disgusting part of it.. the client was UPS.. having been an admin for another East Coast Staffing Co.. I know that USA simply underbid on the contract figuring they will staff it with those 'hard hit' for employement. LOL the Walmart Contract that I worked hadn't been fully staffed until the 24th!