University of Phoenixthey lied to me just to get me signed up

D

I was looking to become a computer tech on university phoenix was offering degrees in a short amount of time and do an online . I went in to take a look around 1 of the counselors came in met me.. told me all about school and how beneficial it will be for me around my schedule.I've tried to explain my situation that I cannot spend a lot of time online because I will still at the time on probation and my po would not allow me to do that... they claimed it will be easy to do because all they require that you make 2 post online and you will make a passing grade.. but was a fail to tell you that 2 post is not gonna get it ! I was havin a check every single day and make at least 5 to 6 and even more a week .. and sometimes hours at a time because of your assignments.. I didn't get my financial aid like a promise... hey come to find out the counselorS worked on commission how many people to get signed up.. so I was lie 2 to from the get go so she can make your quota to get paid... so now I have to pay for the first class which had nothing to do with my degree.

• Cr
    Crystal Seaver Apr 12, 2017

complaint board? Please... yeah I want every phone conversation pulled up that I had with your enrollment counselor, thats what I want. Show the crooks for who they are.. oh but I bet you cant do that can you? Of course not you sure can lie lie lie and STEAL from innocent vulnerable people though. I warn anybody and everybody to stay the hell away from these types of schools, if you do not know about these thing go to your lical city college and talk to someone who wont try to SCAM you and screw up your life for their own benefit. Wherr the hell is the government to protect the people?

• Cr
    Crystal Seaver Apr 12, 2017

They also lied to me as well, and I made myself clear that I did nit want to attend if it would cause me any debt, they counselor assured me that I would recieve annual grants from the pell and cal grant that covered nearly all of my tuition and that was the absolute only reason I agreed and signed up! I never recieved a damn dime of the cal grant I had all my pell grant go straight to the school and now I have 28, 000 of debt for a useless degree I could have recieved else where for free, and I told her I have a disabled daughter and I did not know if or when I would be able to work and that was a big reason why I needed a fully funded program... this school disgusts me, they will pay for what they have done to people, taking advantage of people I hope they get punished and have to pay every dime back!!

• Uo
    UofPhoenix Mar 12, 2012

Hello,

Please know that the University has an office dedicated to hearing student grievances. Please contact the Office of Dispute Management at [email protected] or [protected].

Libby Bailey, Dispute Operations Manager