University Of Phoenix Axia Onlinerip off

Hello fellow classmates or victims,

I am another victim of The University of Phoenix Axia Online crap. I should've listen to the victims of Axia College when I had the chance. I would've never though that I would be putting in a complaint about my bad experience with Axia Online. My dream is to pursue my degree with University of Phoenix and graduate and work in my dream job. I had already imagined the day my family would be proud of me when I finish what I had started. Well, those of us that went to University of Phoenix are very familiar with this.

In the beginning everything was going well, until my 3rd block of classes itall when bad. I remember when I started my two classes. My academic counselor brain wash me in doing my best, which I did. I turned in all of my assignments in time and post my attendance for the first week. When my week 1 feedback grade came back, i recieved a 50%. How can I recieve a 50 in my first week while I am turning in my work on time?
Then, I made a phone call to my academic counselor. I explained my situation and he said to keep trying. I tried harder and harder and all I got was a 50 or less. In the end of the course, I got an "F" and recieved no credits. Now, I have to pay $1, 000.00 to University of Phoenix out of my pocket. Don't forget that the prize of any course is extremely high.

University of Phoenix is all a lie, "you liars" all you care about is ripping students off for their hard working money. It is all a business and nothing else, they don't care about anybody but the money. What are you going to do University of Phoenix but to sue me? Is that what ya'll do? Then sue me for the little money I worked for, let, we the people of the United States see what you are going to do to me. What ever happen tto he Constitutional rights "Freedom of speech and expression". The first classes they pass everybody and then fail them. Why? because then student's won't be able to get financial aid assistance for the student's and have to pay full price. My son and wife will not watch me walk because the liars lied to us.

• Ni
    nikwy Jun 10, 2009

It is COLLEGE! DO you really want someone to hold your hand and do your assignments for you! It is OBVIOUS you are not college material! If it were easy EVERYONE would have a college degree and it would not be as valuable! I am sorry that you do not have what it takes to be a SUCCESSFUL college student, but do not blame the University of Phoenix for YOUR problems (ie. lack of commitment, poor time managment, and excuses)!

• John Bass Aug 26, 2017

@nikwy nikwy: what an [censor] response! So what - you graduated from DeVry!

• Ri
    Rip Off Jun 18, 2009

whatever you say thief. Don't choke trying to swallow your sausage. I know you are one of them sitting in your butt getting our money. If you call Axia Online "College" than you are so full of it because the name is not University of Phoenix. Maybe if you get some knowledge then you will not be a ### trying to explain hundreds of students why they have problems with Axia Online. You should get a job with them in ripping students off. Let it be heard, first amendment the right for freedom of speech. Don't try to silence us, Liars Liars you won't shut us that easily.

chloes_mommy09 Jun 20, 2009

I agree completely with you. A friend of mine is in the same predicament, they pocketed ALL her financial aid and now they are telling her she owes them 3000.00.

They ARE being investigated by her loan company, and she doesnt have to pay a penny to them because of that. She had everything on a back-up all agreements, papers, grades, etc. She recieved good grades on EVERYTHING, including exams, but at the end of the term, she recieved an F. Thank goodness she kept documents of everything.

When I told her I enrolled at UoP she told me her expierience...I immediately un-enrolled before my classes even started, but just to be safe Im allerting my loan company that I am un-enrolling from them. This way there is NO chance that they will be pocketing my money.

• Mi
    Missused Aug 23, 2009

It's true! I am now in my third week and failing and it is not even the end of the week! All that I learned in my first two classes was nothing. I could have written anything, and they would have of passed me!

• Mo
    Mommyof2girls Aug 28, 2009

I went through the same thing, but I wouldn't blame the University, I blame the crappy teachers there. I am horrible in math and was having a hard time, so I tried numerous times to contact the instructor and NO call back. I gave up on it and failed the class. Now I am attending Devry University and it is GREAT. I have never met so many people that are willing to help you get your degree. My g.p.a. has been high since I started due to all of the great people I have to work with. The school also tells you where you can go to get tutoring and I did just that, and guess what?! I am doing so well, that school is exciting for me again.

P.S. to the person (nikwy) who responded to this: Axia IS a college and some people don't have the time to attend any other college courses except for online! Take that into consideration before you go judging people about their choice in school! And for someone to sit there and judge the main complaint here and not make any sense what so ever is just so funny! Maybe you should find a better school and learn how to write properly! HaHa

• Sm
    smithk99 Sep 18, 2009

I was doing fine in class, my finacial aid advisor messed me up, prior to my last class I contacted him about my aid and he stated everything was fine, so I began my last class, the following several weeks I contacted him regularily and he stated papers were being processed, during the 5th week he contacted me and told me that I had become ineliglible for financial aid and that he would contact me the monday of the fifth week with options, he never did now I owe the school money which I do not have, until I pay I cannot get my transcripts or diploma, I was offered a good job if I could prove masters degree, I can't, I can not get a small loan to pay the school because I am unemployed and have no income, my financial aid advisor did not do his job in my opinion, if I had known my aid was not going to go through I would have postponed my last class until I could afford it. He is incompetent in doing his job and is costing the students a fortune.

• Im
    im_tommysgirl Sep 26, 2009

I am a student at the U of P Axia College, and I have never had any problems. I am in my second year of classes and have a G.P.A of 3.7. I have busted my ### for the grades that I have! I am just finishing my 3rd week in my 1st Algebra class and I admit, I have been struggling thru it but it is not the fault of the college. I have always been bad in math so I have gotten myself a tutor so I can get thru it. I am not even striving for an A, I just want to pass. I believe that college is what you make it. As someone else stated in another post, it is not there job to spoon feed us or hold our hand. I do not see anything wrong with going to a college online. Some people have to work full-time and this is the only way they can get their degree. As for the person (Rip off), I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. But, who are you to judge what another person (nikwy) has to say. I believe that your last comment was "Let it be heard, first amendment the right for freedom of speech." You need to stop calling other people names just because they may write something that you don't like. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, right?

• Aj
    A Joh Nov 04, 2009

I attend the University of Phoenix and everything is going well. I 'm in my 4th block and I haven't experienced any problems. I think that the school is out to help people and not harm them.

The wise thing to do is to get your financial aid approved before starting the class and if you don't have the time for school don't go. Why would you go to school and don't know how you're going to pay for it. Another thing is if you receiving a bad grade the teachers are human and sometimes they make mistakes with grades that is why you need to check behind them daily for your own good.

Last but not least don't blame someone else for your problems this is just like life you're living it, what you do is what you get. Don't listen to other about this school find out for yourself.

The school is great it just requires a lot of research papers, and thinking.

• Jr
    jronkindy Nov 18, 2009

I have on class remaining before I complete my Associates degree. I'm in the middle of this because I disagree with both sides to some degree. On one hand, I am one of those professionals that never completed my degree earlier in life because I went to work early. I'm completing my degree for satisfaction of having completed it and nothing more. On the other hand, I've seen some if the problems alleged by others. In one case, my financial aid advisor cost me about $1, 500. I followed her instructions exactly, as I had dropped and rescheduled a class. Before doing so, I called her my self, spoke to her and she told me if I followed her instructions there would be no out of pocket expenses. Not so. That cost me $1, 500. So, I wasn't able to take any more classes until that was paid. I took about 10 months off and paid a little every month until it was paid in full, re-enrolled and I've completed all but one remaining course.

I have a 3.9 GPA and I know how hard I've worked. I used to get C's in Algebra in High School, mainly because I didn't like it and didn't care much, and it showed in the final grade. In the online environment, I basically had to teach myself. I will say, the instructor I had in my MAT 117 class (algebra II) was excellent. There were other classes though that the instructors were terrible. Once, I tried to contact one of them during their "office hours" and the instructor's mom had to wake him up to take my call. What a joke that was. That's when I started having some concerns. However, I know what I've learned and accomplished and no one can take that away from me. I don't like the fact that it is one of the most expensive colleges out there. I also don't like being forced to pay for "online" books when I can buy used books for the same course for less money - MUCH less money.

Now, I'm being hounded by UoP recruiters to continue on to their Bachelor's program, which I initially wanted to do. I want to complete my bachelor's degree, but not at UoP. I don't believe the group learning they promote in the bachelor's program is a good idea. Plus, I don't want by GPA to be dragged down by some underachieving schmuck that gets good grades because someone like myself will bust ### to make sure I do.

Those with complaints, I hear you. However, those that have worked hard, I hear you too. I am both. For those that have gotten "F"s, well, all I can say is, you probably didn't work hard enough - OR - college isn't for you. I know how that sounds and I don't mean to be harsh, but sometimes reality hurts. College isn't for everyone. The problem here isn't yo, it's the recruiters that make promises so they hit their enrollment targets, not caring about the individuals like yourselves that have been set up to fail.

If you truly want to earn your degree, never give up.

• Ax
    AxiaCollege Dec 03, 2009

As an instructor of Axia Online College, I can only speak from this perspective. I have taught two education classes for the past two years and have seen the various ability levels of students. I am also an elementary educator of 10 years.

First off, many of my 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students can write better than many of the Axia students that I have taught. After reading this post, I found numerous errors even in this piece of writing. This proves my point. Furthermore, I cringe at the thought of prospective teachers who express themselves in this manner. How in the world would someone like this be able to teach students any better????

We must learn to accept responsibilities for our shortcomings and work on them! Perhaps you received a 50% in week 1 due to the low quality of your work. Instead of blaming the school, find out what you need to work on to improve your grades. Instructors don't receive any extra money for failing students so your comment about failing students to make them pay more money is senseless.

• Sn
    sneezy 13 Jan 25, 2010

I want to ask you people if I studied at the University online will they write that I completed my studies online??? and will they count me as a full or part time student please advice me before enrolling

• Fa
    FAILPOSTER Jan 26, 2010

You FAIL - obviously you cannot follow instructions or read the syllabus. It's all there in black in white what you need to do... For the people who get the student loans and sign the master promissory note - IT IS A FRIGGIN LOAN THAT NEEDS TO BE PAID BACK... Nothing is free.

So don't get the check - spend it on a big screen TV and FAIL the class - you then owe the money back.

People like you disgust me - try working at it instead of blaming it is someone else's fault. Your enrollment counselor has nothing to do with your grade - you should have spoken with your instructor... Since you didn't state that you did - YOU FAIL.

• Ig
    Igottaclue Feb 13, 2010

For all the people complaining that it was the school's fault that you failed, wake up! Nobody pockets your money. Your grades are a direct result of your work. Nobody can force you to take out a loan, you sign for it and put in the amount of the loan. the school doesn't just pass everybody in the first 2 courses, just to fail you in the third to take your money. that is ridiculous. The counselors work hard to try to help their students thrive. But in the end it is up to the student to put in the time and commitment to succeed. As a Finance counselor I can tell you that we get get pay decreases if we have too many students fail or drop out. The success or failure of our students directly affect our salaries. So if you think we take pleasure in seeing students fail, your sorely mistaken. Obvoiusly you cant follow directions or read or listen. Most of the comments that I read that are negative just shows the poor writing skills of these looser students. Try going to any other college and see how far you get with first grade writing and comprehension, I give you all the big L, for loosers. Get a life, take responsibility for your education, you have to put in the time and the work, quit blaming everyone else for your shortfalls. Go back to McDonalds where you belong!!!

• Va
    vasgon4 Mar 10, 2010

I am very surprised to read all these complaints. I am in my third block of class and my grades so far have been an A plus. I even have been late on some of my assignments but still recieve an A. I am almost done with my third block of courses and have not had any bad experiences since starting with Axia. I think I would recommend anyone to attend UOP Axia, but I do think the cost is a little high. But being a stay at home mom and not wanting to pay high cost daycare, it is all worth it. I look forward to starting my fourth block. The advice I would give to people is read the material, understand and become a great writer. I have got good comments on my writing. I didn't think I had it in me, but I do. And anyone could pass, if they do the work and do what the instructor is looking for. That is how they grade, is by checking what they are asking you to do. Which is not hard. So I feel bad for the people that had bad experiences, but maybe there is a school that can accomodate people that do not want to work for their grades. Good luck finding one.

• Ra
    Raesmama Mar 19, 2010

I just filled out all of the paperwork to re-start my education at UoP Axia. I decided to read some reviews before I actually register for classes. I used to go to a Community College in Mid-MI, but have since moved to a rural area where the closest campus is almost an hour away. I decided the best path for me, a single parent, would be online classes. By no means do I think I am better than anyone, but I have a definate opinion reading all of these reviews. The majority of the people that have something bad to say have VERY poor writing skills (whether this is lack of education or typing skills I am unaware) and yet the folks that are supportive of UoP seem to have VERY good writing skills.

I must admit, I was worried. Reading all of these horrible statements all I could think of was "Oh, what have I just gotten myself into?" Then when I got to the very bottom I read something that caught my attention. Next to the big yellow exclamation point was this: "Please check text spelling before submitting a comment" I thought wow, no wonder these individuals are failing thier classes, if they cant follow simple instructions to check thier spelling, how in the world could they be expected to follow instructions from a teacher to be able to submit passing work.

I have found through 20+ years of working with the public that it is impossible to make everyone happy. As far as complaints about finanical aid, I agree with an earlier post, use the money for your education, thats why you applied for it in the first place. It is explained very well (at least it was to me) that if you fail a class your grant money will NOT cover that class. Also, a student loan is just that! It IS NOT a personal loan to buy cloths, furniture or electronics. So, if you run out of money that is no-ones fault but your own!

Oh, and by the way RipOff, just because a paper is turned in on time, DOES NOT mean that you have submitting passing work. If you received an F then I would have to assume that the work you submitted was not A, B, C or even D worthy.

• Ex
    Ex-Gov Mar 30, 2010

Well, after reading all those comments(good and bad) I would have to say I agree with both points of views. For one, I do believe in what you put into it, is what you get. And turning in assignments on time doesn't automatically gets you good grades, but a sense in responsibilty.Your effort and concentration determines your grade. And secondly, I do agree with the ones that say college is expensive, but if you don't have the time and motivation to achieve for what your are working for, don't get a loan, spend it on personnel use, don't finish your class and complain about you were bamboozled!! Now I'm speaking for all the guys who have prison records and ex-felons that are trying to turn their lives around and can't even get "Fed" help or grants because we made mistakes-(but then again whose perfect.) You all who made comments good or bad, should be very fortuate and privledge to attend a very fine learning instution like UoP, where as we can't. (But that's the goverment for you)

• 66
    66810 Apr 04, 2010

I have just finished my thrid blocked and i have been having problems but it was not all the schools fault alot had to do with my student advisor changed and i had no way to get a hold of the new one and than my laptop died and my new one did not have words on it. so I had to buy that. and some of the assignments are vague as how you are to do it. for instance it said to use appendix d and when I did the teacher said it was the worng assigement even thought i did the way it said too. then i found some of the things in the material list was differnt than the course syllabue so i notfiy the teacher who fixed it. What i hate was when the teahcer took four days to get back to me and tell me it was posted wrong and they could not open it. They should check it out right away. that is what they get paid for. I am passing my classes right now. I had the worst subjects for me first so we will see how the rest goes.

• Tr
    tra_cjsAxiaStudent Apr 06, 2010

I have been a student at Axia College of the University of Phoenix since August 2009 and have nothing but great things to say about my counselors, facilitators, the resources, expectations, etc. It has been an excellent experience thus far and compared to the private university I attended prior to enrolling in U of P, there is no comparrison. College is not cheap no matter where you go and as far as an institution caring about the success of it's students, U of P has blown others away in comparison. Every question I have had, every technical issue, emergencies in my personal life, etc. have been handled in a timely and professional manner by all parties. I have a 4.0 GPA and have worked my butt off to earn the nearly perfect grades and watch several of my classmates fail each block because they are not putting in the effort or are unable to make it in a college environment, especially an online environment.

For those of you reading this [redacted], do your research before taking the experiences of others into account. I do not work for U of P or Axia College but am a proud student who is thankful that I did my research on other online universities before choosing the one that works for me. It is a lot of work, double what I experienced at a top tier private university but if you are determined to succeed, U of P provides you with all the resources needed for success. Just make sure all your t's are crossed and i's are dotted, do assignments on time and ask questions if you need clarification on something.

The only person that can prevent you from succeeding is you! Best of luck!

• Ph
    Phoenixgrad May 06, 2010

The problem here, is that you obviously didn't read the required readings and read the requirements of the syllabus. I'm carrying a 3.8 GPA and I have overcome more problems than you can ever dream of. Don't blame the University for your failures, which honestly I have had no problems with the programs (which I am graduating on my associates degree and pushing through to my MBA). In fact I failed math (MAT116: Advanced Algebra) once and I had a good enough GPA that I was able to get another grant to cover the cost to take the class a second time without it coming out of my pocket. Brainwash? Their job isn't to do the assignments for you, but to boost your moral and spirits to push through your program. They have helped me in ways you will never understand. You never gave them a chance to help before passing judgment.
    Take your time on assignments, read all the requirements and then submit it to writepoint checker (its what its there for to check spelling, grammer, etc) so you can get a better grade on assignments. I love this school and I admit some classes are harder than others and being online is harder than a conventional classroom, cause we don't get the personal attention as you would at a local university.

The guy who started this thread, should grow up, wake up and shut up cause it's you who failed, not UoP!

• Ov
    Over-it-and-done May 27, 2010

I have been attending UOP for three years on a two year term for an AS in Business. I am 55 years old and had several successful businesses over the years. I started going to UOP just as a way to fill my time and do something I had always wanted to do but never seemed to have the time. when I started everything was going fine until I reached Finite Math 205. I was having a terrible time with the math. It took me three times to get through but I finally made it with the help of a retired banker friend of mine. It was he that informed me of the scam all universities are involved with. It is called "Gateway" classes. Since it takes an act of congress to gt tuition increases, they have each student go through a course they will, no doubt, fail. Then they will have to pay $1, 037 out of pocket to continue. Finite math has no prerequisites as other math courses do yet it one of the most difficult to pass. This course is the most failed course in the nation. So high that the government demanded an answer as to why this is. There was a study done as to why the failure rate is so high but the study was done by the universities themselves! They claimed it was because of low income students and remedial students attending college. Well where does that put me? I am certinly not low income and have an extensive education in business through experience. My grades have been high in all my other classes except Finite math. Believe me when I tell you, beware of the gateway classes! Be forewarned and get ready for it so you can get through. This is at all universities so be warned.

• Re
    Reydy Jun 01, 2010

I have been with Axia College since March 2009, I am amost toward the end to receive my associate degree. I am very thankful that I found Axia College. I have no problem with the college. I love it.

• Zo
    zoW Jun 03, 2010

Seven months into a Master's program at UOP and not one single complaint. Hand's down, one of the single most rewarding experiences of my life. Hard work? Hell yeah. Personally rewarding? You bet!

Don't expect something for nothing. If you want easy grades for little work...look elsewhere, this is school for grown folks.

Just as it is in life, read and follow the directions, and you should reasonably expect to do well, as you'll get out of the experience what you put into it.

Can't wait to finish, then its on to my Doctorate.

• St
    Stevenx1986x Jul 02, 2010

I'm on track with the first poster, this guy is obviously not college material. Did you notice that as soon as someone disagreed with him, they sprung into a belligerent defense mode. In my opinion your attitude shows your class, and this persons attitude is horrible.

I am currently enrolled at UofP, and love it! I have never had a problem, and anyone who claims to have had a problem is either a liar or is to ignorant to just sit down, shut up, do their work, and go on with their day. To be honest with you I am really surprised that people like this even have the intelligence to post in a forum like this.

Bottom line, the UofP is an awesome online college and I am proud to be a student. Anybody who falls for this crap is really going to miss out if they base their opinion of Axia on disgruntled posts alone. To be honest with everybody I almost turned my back to Axia due to reading post like this. I suggest that you try the College before drawing an opinion, because all these negative posts are wrong.

• Re
    Recent Graduate Jul 23, 2010

I just graduated with my associates degree from Axia/University of Phoenix. I am 46 years old and have been out of high school for quite some time, although I always received good grades in high school. During my experience at Axia/University of Phoenix, I could usually get an idea of my classmates intelligence and effort through the postings and responses of our DQ's.

Bad spelling and improper use of sentences was a good give away and the lack of posting the required amount of responses or the simple responses of I agree or I disagree also demonstrated the lack of effort being put forth by some. In all of my classes, we had some students as described above and we had the others such as myself, that had a drive to succeed and put forth great effort.

Yes, even though I consider myself smart, sensible, and stable, the classes were not easy classes. I can not think of one class that I would say was easy. There were many days and nights when I was on the computer for 10 or more hours doing research or completing a final exam. Everyone is notified up front when the assignments are due and the importance of managing their time well so points would not be taken off for late assignments. Those who think they will be able to achieve good grades when they are trying to do assignments shortly before they are do, probably will not do so well. I think it all comes down to how serious you are about wanting to learn the material and not just finish the courses to be able to say you have a degree.

Sure, there may be some instructors out there who do not look at closely at the assignments turned in by students and give an undeserved good grade, but my experience at Axia/University of Phoenix was not like that. As a matter of fact, in one of my courses, (can't remember which one) my grade had dropped from an A to a B. I expressed my concern to the instructor (as I am a bit of a perfectionist, and expect all A's) and he assured me that a B is still a good grade. I worked hard and made sure I was completely satisfied that I had done my best work before I turned in my assignments and in the end, when I finally earned my A back, the instructor communicated with me that he had been pulling for me!

The one thing that I learned about college and this is not just about Axia/University of Phoenix but all colleges is it is different from high school where you have a teacher teaching you. At college, you teach yourself by reading and researching. The instructors are there to guide you and give you feedback as to if you are demonstrating that you understand the material or not.

I did not have any issues with my financials at Axia/University of Phoenix. I was not eligible for grants so all of my financing is in the form of student loans. To one of the posters in this forum, it sounds to me as if you may have been under the impression that the "disbursements" would be another source of income for you. That is not how it works. The lender approves X amount of dollars for your education and disburses that amount to the school. The school keeps the amount of the tuition and then sends the remaining funds to you. These funds are part of your loan that will have to be paid back, so it is your decision what you choose to do with those funds. (Spend them or save them to use for when your loans payments become due)

To sum up my post, I will just say "There is no free ride on grades or tuition."

• Me
    metax100 Aug 06, 2010

My complaint is that Sue wanted my son and I to do our Verification Worksheet over again in a new sheet, when she called me on August 4, 2010. Before I sent the new sheet, that Veronica sent to me to feel out new with the correct information I went home the same day, August 4th to have my son sign the other sheets so I didn't have to send it the next day, went back to work on August 4th and faxed it over to the number I was given. I am being very patient with you guys, but I am going to have to get my Lawyer to see if all this signing of these forms like this is legal because i feel this is a scam to get money out of inocent bistandard who are trying to get an education from your college.

• Ro
    rook4u Sep 19, 2010

I have graduated from AXIA college with no problem; however, I do see both sides to the story here. When we look at an on-line environment their are several factors at play here. Yes the site has had issues and up loading takes longer than usual, but AXIA and UOP student log-in page both inform students that 'Monday' is a busy day. When I first started it took me a while to get into a set pattern of doing this on my own.

I lauged at the first complaint on this blog. The syllabus is the hard book for the class if you follow it and do as it says I don't understand how one could not pass. You can email your instructors and ask for help, it may take a few hours or a day for them to respond, but they usually do and provide more than enough information. Their not simply going to give you an answer, your in college its your job to do the research and write the paper.

An on-line environment is not for everyone. If you do not have enough motivation to do this on your own without someone holding your hand then I would not reccomend an on-line college. The convenience of going on line versus having to fight for parking and walking to class is by far really great. Yes it costs more but your going on line remember that. You dont have to have a special scheduale and employers will treat you as if your taking classes on an onground campus...

The only issue I have is I run into those few teachers who seem to not really care and want to hack your grade for whatever reason. If you run into these types, simply copy and paste the communication and what you dont like and forward it to your advisor. This will be forwarded to a leason and the instrcutor will be put under review.

The other issue I have is learning teams, these are geared to help you with your career job working on 'team' projects. It baffles me when a student in the team (their is always one) that simply doesnt do anything and simply agrees to whatever is said.

I am sure if we did this at work our boss would give us a poor evaluation and review. This would be the only thing I do not like about UOP are the learning teams. I am also wondering why doesnt either of these on line colleges have a webinar program for their learning teams. Emailing back and forth and talking on yahoo to accomplish a team project is dumb. This can be accomplished so much quicker with a webinar program built into the on line environment. Heck we are already paying an arm and a leg for this and we are still emailing back and forth ... hmm?

For those of us still with UOP please learn APA! Its irritating when I review information for students and their paragraphs are a mile long. Break those up... images are not centered and their is no title for tables or figures... if you go get the APA pub manual its all in their. For those of you who do not know go to Purdue OWL APA if you want an on-line reference. Dont understand how I am this far in my bachelors degree and some students still write like they are in first grade.

The only other suggestion is if the software is 'recommended' you need it for the class and future classes. See a lot of bachelor level students who do not want to purchase VISIO, Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop, and sit their on their assignments and team projects and continously say I dont understand why Im not doing as good as you. Think about it for a minute. The same goes to any instructor readings this from UOP! If it is recommended software and a student asks your a question about it answer their question. You shouldnt be teaching the class if you dont know how to use the software the class recommends!!!

• Ua
    uautano Sep 28, 2010

I am in my second year with Axia, I have had no problems with passing my courses. I have a GPA of 3.7. It just takes a lot of time, studying, and time management. I work 50 hours a week, and have no weekend life usually, but that is the sacrafice you have to pay in order to have a good future.

• Aj
    ajdodgerf Oct 06, 2010

Rip Off,

What the hell, are you really that stupid? If you are unable to complete the EASY education provided by AXIA then you should probably go back to your local elementary school and restart the last grade you were in before you dropped out. I never opened a book and graduated with a 3.7 GPA. If I was able to do this then you should have been able to at least pass. You need to put the corn dog down and put forth some effort. People like you are the reason that the instructors were giving praises to people like me that actually participated with some intellect. If you cannot figure out what the hell you are doing, then maybe you should become a garbage man where you do not have to think about what you have to do. Just please get off your lazy [censor] and do something other than being a burden on our society.

• Ji
    Jimmy Tree Nov 01, 2010

I found a site with solutions for Axia classes if anyone is interested:

www.uopaxiasolutions.com

• Ne
    nekar Nov 04, 2010

• Na
    Nat Reader Dec 15, 2010

College is what you make of it. I have three college degrees, including a teaching degree. I work professionally in the area that I instruct for at an online university. Here are some suggestions from watching students over the past 4 years:

1. Dont turn in assignment late or do them at the last minute: Commonly done. How many 11:59 pm have I received? Many! Students call and tell me they were sick on the due date and did not do the assignment. That is why there are 7 days in a week.
    2. Do not plagiarize. I can find the same resources as you and you will get a 0. I have just about every web copy of my class assignments and know that EVERY class will have 2 students that turn in that web version thinking I have never seen it.
    3. Don't cry for help on the last day that the assignment is due in the evening because that is the first time you have looked at it. And then your question is "I dont get it". Be specific in yuor help questions.
    4. Dont ask for help and include in your request...""I have not finished the reading"
    5. If it says APA, it means APA. APA is not a one paragraph paper that does not meet any of the assignments requirements. Learn APA
    6. Participate in class. Yes it can be worth 10% of your grade many times and yet some students still get a zero week after week for participation and wonder why their grade ends up so low.
    7. Do not dissapear for a week or two and then expect the instructor to catch you up
    8. Do not expect the instructor to walk you through the assignment to the answer. That is unfair to everyone else in the class.

I have spent many hours on the phone helping students. I am in my class every single day in the morning and more so on Sundays and before finals. Some people are not meant for college, sorry to say, and this is a weeding process. Grades at Axia are pretty basic, so if you are failing, then most likely your work is poorly done. Go get a tutor. That is what brick and mortar students do. But dont expect to pass a class just because it is online. And do not expect the instructor to walk you through every assignment.

• Na
    Nat Reader Dec 15, 2010

"I have just one question. If a teacher gives an assignment that is accompanied with a rubik, does the teachers grading of that assignment need to follow the parameters set forth by the rubik?"

First it is rubric with a "c". Spelling is a part of the grade.
    The instructor will grade the requirements that are in the rubric. Some bullet points are general, such as completed the requirements of the question. At this point you will be graded on what was written within the assignment against what the instructor knows is the best answer. Assignment rubrics are created by the school and instructors can alter them. I try to ensure that everything I grade is within the rubric.

• Di
    Diane McCleary Jan 17, 2011

I am attending this school and it is true they rip you off and never can explain where your money is but yet they can explain how much it cost out of your pocket. I am out of there in june and will never recommend this school to no one not even an animal would want to attend this school. In the end they do not help with jobs only if you want to work for them and ripping others off. I can not stand the the University of Phoenix they truly suck rip offs rip offs rip offs warning do not attend.

• 13
    130IQMan Jan 21, 2011

I also attend UoP/Axia and have not ever had this or anything similar happen to me so far. I am in my sixth class block, GPA of 3.9. The classes are mostly really easy and the instructors are mostly very talkative during the discussion questions, though some do take a while to respond to question in the IF. I have only had one seriously crap instructor during my Algorithms class (majoring in IT with specialization programming; aa and ba).

I have to agree that the financial aid system is not too great, it took me quite a while to get my latest f. aid to go through because forms I was never told to fill out. But I do think you should not base what you want to do as far as collage goes with UoP, based on only my opinion and the original post by the author. We are only two people out of 500, 000 attending UoP/Axia.

• Ed
    Eddies Mom Mar 03, 2011

I submitted my final early and didn't think to recheck my forum. A week later I was informed that my final was never submitted and I failed that class. Now my advisors are telling me that I can not complete any more classes until I pay them $1095 out of my pocket. There was some technical issues that I believe they should have considered before failing me but that is water under the bridge. My issue is this..Why, since I am paying for this out of my own pocket, can I not just retake this class at the end of my term instead of interupting my current schedule? They are trying to tell me that the loan company will not disburse any more money until I pay this. I don't understand, the money was already paid to the school from my last disbursement, so that class was paid for regardless of whether I received a passing grade. I am going to contact nelnet and have them explain this to me as my advisors have been nothing but sarcastic and rude. I will finish my degree but will not continue with Axia online for any future educational gains.

Jodi Gorres Mar 18, 2011

I am in my first year, fourth block at Axia and I am very impressed with the courses. Each teacher has a syllabus that outlines the expectations for the class and all of the assignment rules. I currently have a 4.0 GPA and I've worked my butt off to obtain that. It was not handed to me, but rather earned. My financial councilors have been great as well as my guidance counselor. I was in a pickle and they helped me work through it. They did not want to see me fail nor did they shove me under a rug like some of these postings would suggest. Why does the younger generation feel that they are owed an education? God handed you a brain with the capacity to learn, but it sounds like all you have learned to this point is to complain until you get your way. Shameful!

sahill1234 Apr 16, 2011

I am a student at UoP. All I have to say, is that if you failed the first class you took at Uop, than you truly do not belong in college. This is because one of the first classes that you take, is the Introduction to the UoP. Come on, how in the world can you fail this class? Basically, what I am say is grow up and act your age, not your shoe size.

mariag Jun 08, 2011

I am about to finish my last block of classes at UoP-Axia online. I will be receiving my associated degree in Foundation of Business. I have had many problems with the school but I persevered and am hoping for no more bad luck. I think I can accurately say that everyone will have a different experience at this online college. The college does seem to be money hungry and very different from other online colleges, but to each his own!!DUCES!!! I know people will disagree with my post, but who gives a knats aZZ?

• At
    ato308 Jun 08, 2011

U of P is not a real school. Do not waste your money on it. Here's what I do as a freshmen in my first year of school.
    Qd= 30, 000-p
    Qs= 2p-20, 000

Find the equilibrium and graph it. Then suppose that there is a $1.50 tax incentive.
    Formulas to solve it are
    Qd=Qs
    PB=Ps-tax
    Ps=PB+tax

If you school was a good school it wouldn't need commercials

JohnCox Jun 15, 2011

Wow. As a student of Axia, I have to say that the instructors, aid assistance and the academic people have been incredible. The work is only easy when you study and your grades reflect your progress. Any one of you babies want some cheese to go with your "whine"? You pass if you do the work and study hard. You MUST participate or you will struggle grade wise and you will not have any fun at school. For those of us that cannot attend traditional classes, we can still EARN a degree and succeed.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices