United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo

United States Postal Service [USPS]

Having problems with United States Postal Service [USPS]?

United States Postal Service [USPS] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 7, 2006. The latest review Package was posted on Jun 7, 2021. The latest complaint residential community parcel box lock broken was resolved on Apr 22, 2018. United States Postal Service [USPS] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 400 reviews. United States Postal Service [USPS] has resolved 138 complaints.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 275 8777 (Customer Care Center)
+1 800 877 8339 (TDD/TTY Relay)
475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW Rm 9431
Thu8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United States Postal Service [USPS] Customer Service. Initial United States Postal Service [USPS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United States Postal Service [USPS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United States Postal Service [USPS]. Discuss the issues you have had with United States Postal Service [USPS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Complaints & Reviews

United States Post Office — mail not delivered

I ordered a phone online. I was sent to me two days lateR (according to the tracking number) . The sender...

USPSsending my packges/letters back to sender!

I have been at my current address 10 months. I had been regularly getting my mail and packages. Now, all of a sudden, in the last weeek, the USPS has decided to send my mail back to the sender marked NOT DELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED. UNABLE TO FORWARD. WTF???? Why all of a sudden do I not live here? My guess is that it is a super stupid sub mail carrier or we have a new one who decides to be so noisy as to decide who lives here and who doesn't (as we have several different last names living here). We never had names on the front before and it was never a problem before - why is the USPS so dumb? How hard is it to put the mail with the matching addresses in the box? Sounds pretty easy to me. I am going to have to wait for this dumb mail carrier tomorrow to find out why the hell he isn't deliviering my stuff - I will have to try hard to yell at him. grr...

• Ad
      ad10sh08 Dec 16, 2009

I had 3 packages that were suppose to deliver to my house back to back and the first one I recieved on time with no problem. The second one she claimed that she came and delivered around 3 something in the afternoon and I wasn't home. I'm STAY AT HOME mom I waited all day. After rescheduling like 3 times I recieved it. (They drop it off at the office when they needed my signature to deliver.) My 3rd package was suppose to have been here the day before the second package i recieved. She claim she came at 6:08 p.m. and I wasn't here. Once again STAY AT HOME mom. I still haven't it recieved after rescheduling it numerous times. It's been 14 days and I am still waiting. The reps. have the audacity to ask me if I'm sure I'm home each time I reschedule. Yeah, I'm rescheduling because I have nothing better than to harass and file false complaints aganist the USPS ignorant staff. Then, they ask why don't I go and pick it up. Because I PAID to have it SHIPPED to me. In others words I PAID have it bought to me.

US Postal Serviceslow priority mail

Priority Mail--slow and lost--where is it??

Web Site can not find it. Employees dont care--rude. they say wait for insurance to pay off.

We the people deserve better!!

Where do our lost packages go??

I will use UPS from now on. No more excuses!!

Tracking number is useless!! We need a bailout FROM the Post Office. They should pay me back!!

• Fl
        flashstart Mar 30, 2012

Priority mail is a joke, unless the post office really means "lowest priority" mail. It took over 11 days for my package to ship from NYC to San Francisco. The tracking info on the USPS website was limited and never updated. I called to complain and it took two days for someone to finally get back to me. They explained there are no guarantees and "priority mail" really means bulk mail since my package sat on back of a truck for over a week. They should be fined for false advertising, as this is not really priority mail. I hope the USPS goes bankrupt along with all of their lousy employees.

• Re
        REALLY MAD IN TEXAS Mar 25, 2011

The US Postal Service should have it's name changed to the US Postal System. It provides NO SERVICE at all. I recently paid $32.95 to have a package mailed from Jacksonville, Florida to Cypress, Texas. The US Postal Service told the MAILER PRIORITY MAIL would take 3-4 days MAX!! It took TEN (10) full days to deliver this PRIORITY MAIL PACKAGE. I went to the Post Office to complain, but was told "there is NO guarantee PRIORITY MAIL will be delivered within the ADVERTISED 2-3 day (average) time frame. NO REFUND! Just an apology. Parcel Post would have been FASTER AND CHEAPER. The US Postal System is broken beyond repair. They charge exorbitant fees and provide nothing for it. Too many supervisors and not enough people to get the work done.
        I'm done with them. I'll use UPS or FEDEX from now on and they can put their mediocre and useless mail system where the sun doesn't shine once they pull their heads out first! The automated "Less than Customer Service" is also broken. It's time to let the US Postal System go broke and spend the money on more efficient methods of moving mail and parcels. Good bye USPS. You've just lost ANOTHER customer.

• Dl
        dlakers Aug 08, 2009

They do not know where you lost package is at. It is LOST.

Australia Post Officeapplication for an australian passport

To whom it may concerned,

I am spending time to write this letter in the hope to see some improvement with the current system of lodging an Application for an Australia Passport.

During lunch break, I went to the Post Office located bet. Toorak Rd & Burke Rd. I was full of hope to submit my application. However, I was dissappointed when the sales clerk informed me that only selected Aust. Post Office accepts application for passport. She recommended Aust. Post Office at Camberwell. Around 4:30 PM, I left the office & went to Camberwell. However, the sales clerk informed me that they only accepts application for passport from 9 AM to 4 PM. These incident made me annoyed & frustrated for the following reasons:
      1) Lack of information. The Application for an Australian Passport Form did not specify that only selected Australia Post outlet accepts application nor there is a limited time that they accepts application.
      2) Lack of passion to serve. I was already there & the shop is not busy. Why they can't serve? I asked if that is applicable for all Australia Post Office and she said it is only at their shop. In other shops, applicant must make an appointment. If it is a hospital, many people would die because of irrational compliance to man-made rules.

United States Post Office — changed my address even though I still live there

The post office has decided that we no longer live at our current address. My daughter moved from our home to...

USPS — mailman refuses to deliver to *

My mother resides in bronx, new york and for the past several weeks, i have experienced numerous on-going...

USPSleaving packages at door

USPS service is too hood and too too ghetto. I live in apartment complex that is pretty decent, calm nice, and quiet. The demographic is 25-45 with asians, arabs, blacks and white. I provide that sort of background info to let the readers know that USPS leaves my packages outside my door in apartment complex. I don't feel comfortable with that method of service. Especially when the carrier rings the door bell and bounces. How professional is that? Ringing the door bell and hauling ###? I ordered a phone that was over $300 so this is why I am writing this complaint. You could have just stood there one extra second to see if someone is at the door.

USPS should give the receiver an option if they want they package left at the door. Is this how USPS operates?

I'm a black Man who is college educated but knows that usps hires nothing but ###s who barely made it outta highschool. Ghetto service to the fullest. Next time I receive a package through usps, I'm picking it up at the post office. They won't send me a damn thing anymore.

P.S. The chick who left my package at the door was some ol raggedy looking blue black broad that walked like a bird. I see why she work at USPS.

US Post Office awful, awful, awful

I lived in London UK for four years and had my mail forwarded to me. In the spring of 2008 I canceled the mail forward and asked that mail be sent to my home in Portland. I returned to Portland in July with a nice stack of mail waiting. Mail arrived over then next few days, then I joined Netflix. They kept sending me DVDs but none of them were ever delivered. I called USPS and they investigated. There was no improvement and I discovered other mail was being redirected back to London. After 5 calls to USPS I now am receiving no mail at all!!! So instead of fixing the problem of some of my mail getting through and some not, they fixed it so I get NO MAIL at all!!!

Each time they tell me someone will call and of the 5 calls I have made only two were returned.

USPSawful experience

I sent a birthday gift package via priority mail for my niece in California and it's been missing for a month. I went to the post office and talked to the manager 2 weeks after the delivery date and filled out a form and she copied my receipt. I went there today and talked to the person, but she could not locate the form or the copy of my receipt. Her boss was too busy to talk to me and I was referred to a customer service department. This experience has been extremely upsetting and I can't trust the people working for USPS anymore.

• Ke
                kelsdane Apr 05, 2011

i missed a package delivery today. no big deal right? wrong. i called the 1-800-ask-usps number, the voice was robotic. i had to listen through option after option until i heard what i was looking for. i selected redelivery and everything went smooth until they asked for the article number. the robotic number "heard" it wrong FOUR times. I was pissed by this point. (i am an expectant mother and the package was prenatal vitamins) I decided i would run down to the post office and pick it up, i arrived at the post office at closing time. there were workers behind the counter and customers waiting to be waited on, but as soon as it hit closing time the workers walked to the back and locked the door. I knocked and no one answered EVEN AFTER THREE DIFFERENT KNOCKS!!! At the end of the fourth knock (third door i tried) and angry voice yells "Were closed!!"... I hate USPS... UPS is the way to go.

• Ir
                irish lass Sep 23, 2009

I also had several bad experiences with california Postal service, one was a very expensive ring sent by express mail to my son for his future wife, I had it insured for the maximun allowed, the ring went missing, I called express mail which is a contracted company for the USPS and was spoken to with much disrespect, I would not give up and I kept calling the Post Master, the post office I was calling kept telling me "he is busy", but I was persistant, I finally spoke to a well spoken American at the express service who called the Post Master herself and had the Post master call me back. She (the post master was female not male) called me back and I told her the whole story, she informed me that she was sent there to California because the service there was so so bad and she and others were sent to straighten it out. She located the ring by making the express delivery guy lead her to where he "supposedly delivered the ring", she followed in her own car. The express guy had delivered it to his friend and thought that it would slip by as an error as long as it showed up as delivered and signed for.We did get the ring back but it took persistant calling on my part, I hope she was able to get the Post office in 90034 area code back in shape.

US Postal Service — personal mail delivery

241 lot owners and property tax payers at Blue Cypress Condominium Assoc. in Okeechobee Florida, cannot get...

United States Postal Service — mail delivered after 5:00 p. m.

I recieve my mail at 5:00 -6:00 P.m. this is not a reasonable time. Mail should be delivered earlier in the Day .

United States Post Office — mixed up mail

I have lived in my condo for 2 years and NEVER before had problems with mail. I am repeatedly getting other...

United States Post Office — receiving wrong mail

I have been receiving mail for a former tenant that was forced to move out of my home due to extenuating...

United States Postal Servicesub-par service

My Post Deliverer continues to leave my mailbox opened when she delivers mail. I have complained personally at the local post office, and I have left a little note taped to the side of my porch asking politely for the mailbox lid to be closed. Nothing. I have a mailbox which is attached to the porch, with a top opening lid, and just enough distance from the awning to collect quite a bit of rain when the weather turns foul. On more than one occasion, I've had mail ruined because I wasn't able to collect it before it started raining, and my mailbox is going to have to be replaced soon because the moisture is causing the exposed hinges to rust. Please help me address this problem. Thanks.

• Cc
                  CC3 Jun 22, 2009

If it was me, I would install a new mailbox whose lid will close automatically. No fancy devices needed, just a heavy lid and smooth hinges so it will close from gravity without any assistance. I would also consider moving the mailbox to a different location under the awning.

USPS — failure to deliver mail

I have complained numerous times at the local Post Office about the carrier's failure to deliver mail...

United States Postal Service — no mail on bad weather days

I worked from home so I expect mail from my clients basically everyday, But ive notice on days with bad...

USPSbreach of contract

I bought a confirmation of delivery service from the USPS. I consider them charging for a service, receiving money for a service and giving me a receipt explaining what they will do for the money, a legal contract. They accepted money to provide a delivery confirmation on a mailed letter.

Now they say they have no record of my letter ever being delivered - or ever being mailed for that matter. After many phone calls, I was told they could give me no confirmation that my letter was delivered. So I paid them for a service that they could not provide.

On 2 separate occasions, I called them and was told I would receive a return call on the next business day. I have never heard a word back from them. I feel this whole place is run by "Newman"!

What are my rights here? At the very minimum, I should receive my money back.

USPSpo box fees

my complaint has to do with the USPS charging me extra for my mail. the town of Wanette does not have home delivery service. but i can not receive my mail;ie bills or letters, unless i pay for a po box. if a letter is legally sent to me i can not receive it. i live within the city limits, 2 blocks from the post office. if i lived outside the city limits the mail would be delivered to my home/business, free. in contacting the usps i'm given the address for the post office, which i know, in turn tells me that's just the way it is if i want my mail. to me, this amounts to extoration. the usps articles 4.2.1 and 4.6.2 state that i fall under "group E" because i am denied home delivery.

• La
                      larryessman Apr 12, 2011

The goverment always costs us more and now they are dishonest about the postoffice policy and and pricing. usps policy does not mean anything anymore (unless its to usps advantage $$)

This country is going to HELL in a handbasket.

We need Honest people in washington and not the pack of Liers that are currently in Washington DC and around the u.s.

My issue is that i am unable to determine what my po box will cost me after April 17, 2011. I have seen pricing for the # 1 po box. the range is $37.00--$180.00. What the Hell for. They already know what they will be sticking us with. and if this turns out to be a joke eather by outrages pricing and/or additional service charges because i have a po box.
                      Stop paying goverment employees so much more money than the privite sector along with the great benifiets

annoyed with dummies Jun 02, 2010

ever hear of general delivery? it's free!

United States Postal Service Postal Battery Exam Study Bookletrefund

It was last April when my husband decided to respond to an artical posted in the newspaper for the United States Postal Services. The artical was for study materials, the Postal Battery Exam Booklet. He paid $130.00 for the book. He registered for an exam online then waited. After a few months he recieved another job. He then called the number provided on the booklet to recieve a refund that was said to be 100% refundable. The number [protected] when dialed says the number you have dialed is invalid. To say the least we are EXTREMELY UPSET and want our full $130.00 REFUNDED to us. I don't know who responsible but for others out there beware it's a SCAM!!!

Usps - Stokesdale, NCcondition of mail/destroyed portrait

I ordered a portrait for over $50 and it was sent to me via the USPS. The portrait was sandwiched between two thick pieces of corrugated cardboard and placed in an envelope that bore a name indicating that a portrait was inside. Despite all of this, the inept mail carrier on our route saw fit to bend the package in half lengthwise and cram it into the mail box shredding and creasing the contents. When I went to the Stokesdale post office the post master there said that if there was no insurance on the package and if it did not say 'Do not bend' the postal carrier was allowed (ALLOWED!) to do this. So, apparently, if you don't give postal carriers specific instructions they are allowed to shred and abuse your mail and the USPS does not feel obligated in the least to hold their mail carriers accountable. With the cost of stamps and sending packages through the postal system I think they have a LOT of nerve hiding behind policy in such an appalling manner. There is right and wrong and then there is the USPS.

• As
                          A Shaver Sep 24, 2009

Amen. I was told by a mail carrier to not come to the local office to always call the 1-800-ASK-USPS to file complaints. This will work because the bigger bosses get to hear about the complaint. I have had 3 books that where bent and you have to know the date the mail was delievered to complain. Today I got my third book that was bent to fit into my mail box, and called and waiting now for a call back. I asked about their policy for packages that do not fit inside of a mail box, and he informed me that they would be taken to the local post office to be picked up. My mail lady has even placed a package of mine on the ground next to my mail box that was ran over a few times. The package was from Newport News and contain 150.00 worth of clothes. I got the 150.00 refund but the sale was already over. I receive my neighbors mail very often. But the thing that really upsets me is when my checks are put in someone else mail box. I would love to work for the USPS, you can screw up many times and never get fired!
                          Location Salisbury, NC 28147