United Auto Creditlack of communication

Years ago (2005)when I was 19 I got a loan through UAC for a little over 10k. Tags and taxes was suppose to be added into the loan and they told me it would be but in the end it wasnt. I was never able to get the truck in my name due to lack of funds. about 6 months after I got the truck i lost my job and moved. Advised them I would do a voluntary surrender of the truck. They faxed me paperwork to sign but after reading it they wanted me to start paying on the amount due every month right away. They wanted me to pay more than my monthly payments at that. If i cant pay my monthly payments why would i give them my truck and pay them more every month. I got an attorny and he called them, talked to them and they called him an ### and hung up on him. They repoed my truck and sold it. Since than I have not received one letter or phone call from them. A few years ago I checked my credit reports and since they sold my truck they have been charging me almost $200 a month for non-payment. I think as of right now my credit reports say i owe almost 17k. Its the only negative thing on my credit report and I have tried calling for the past 2 years and get directed to a voicemail where no one EVER calls me back. They branch I origanially went to closed. Now im calling 800 numbers and getting the run around. Im now in the process of speaking to another attorney to see my options. Does anyone have any suggestions?